3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol.19 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/304927-maintainers-vol-19-a.html)

hysteria_625 02-15-2016 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipfree (Post 5239369)
Hi all,

Tried a new recipe today, Buffalo meatballs. Pretty good, nice change for Valentine's Day. Felt like a snack!

The IP forum is so quiet now compared to last Feb. Does that reflect less people doing IP? What do you think?

Those meatballs sound fantastic :)

I think a lot of people are using the Facebook pages now. For the most part when someone has a question or issue, the responses tend to be instantaneous. Even I will admit, it's easier to post pictures too
I am surprised though as one of the main alt product-FB pages recently closed (due to bullying from what I gathered) and thought maybe this site would pick up some of those folks.

jennydoodle 02-15-2016 04:11 PM

Ooooh, buffalo meatballs... Yuuuuuummmmm. I love anything buffalo :)

I have been making a great dish called Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken. It tastes so good and I have been eating them on a Quest "roll".

I put 4 chicken breasts in the crockpot and cover with low sodium chicken broth. Cook until the chicken is tender enough to be shredded (roughly 4 hours). Drain broth, but retain 1/2 c. Shred chicken and add chicken, 1/2c of saved broth and 1/2 c. of your favorite wing sauce or hot sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's Wing sauce since I am in P1 and it has 0 carb). Cook for roughly another hour. SO GOOD!

I am 2# away from hitting goal. I would absolutely love to get there this week so I can begin phasing off. Ever since I got within 5# of goal, I am hungry all the time and it has really become a struggle to stay OP. I have been about 95% OP as some days I just can't take it and will have an extra bite of a bar or a tablespoon of PB2.

I am so excited about my phasing off plan and my action plan for tackling maintenance. It is such a crap shoot, but if I have learned anything over the past couple of years and my time on this reboot, it is what my body responds to and doesn't respond to. I am hoping to use this to my advantage and be able to win at maintenance this time around.

evemomma 02-15-2016 04:23 PM

Hmmm....IP FB page? I'm so old school with message boards...I find they are more easily conversational.

Slipfree....Yeah, that all-or-nothing thinking really gets me with my eating and physical health. I was concerned about how the free day/meal followed by P1 was encouraging that in my early maintenance. The first year of maintenance seemed pretty easy for me. I stopped doing fat/carb ratios pretty early on as I didn't find it made a difference on the scale for me. I found a calorie goal for myself and just stayed within it. I even made it through selling our house and moving without weight gain!!!! In retrospect, I know that one of the things that happened there was we ate out a lot more BUT I was so very active that it didn't matter. However, once we got moved in....the eating out caught up with me! Now I am trying to find the balance between the "annoying always on a diet girl" and not losing all the hard work that I put into doing IP in the first place.

Today, I was feeling discouraged about still being 133 and then I tried to take some perspective: 133 is still 2 POUNDS LESS THAN MY ORGINAL GOAL I SET FOR MYSELF ON IP!!!!! Sheesh, I should not be letting myself go crazy like this. I know it's a slippery slope, but I need to get a grip! I keep thinking my 170lb self would want to V8 smack me upside the head!!!!

So... hang in there everyone (and Slipfree and Andrea too!)!!!! I am going to do one more week of adjusted calories and exercise and see how things look. If the scale stays firm, I am going to give myself a nice week of maintenance eating (which for me is just a balanced approach to eating at my calorie goal) and start again.

For me, I may just need to be realistic about a maintainable weight goal. I really liked the way clothes fit me at 125-127...but 133 is a perfectly acceptable healthy weight for my build and height (5'4"). I know for a fact that 140 is the RED LIGHT for me as far as health is concerned. I just refuse to make myself crazy for a few pounds! It's not good for me and it's a HORRIBLE example for my kids.

Hang in there friends!

Slipfree 02-15-2016 06:56 PM

Hi all,

The meatballs were easy, I am sorry but I cook often and do not precisely measure anymore-except EVoo.

Ground meat- chicken, turkey or lean beef.
Egg beaters
Sugar free buffalo sauce
Finely chopped celery
Green onion

Mix together, make meatballs, bake on 375 for 15 minutes. Serve with celery and WF blue cheese dressing.

Beth, adults bullying? So sad. I will have to check out FB.

Jennydoodle, I am going to try your chicken tomorrow, since I have a day off. Congrats on being so close to goal. So true that you are hungrier nearer to goal. I think this is a lifelong journey and we are human. Thankfully, we can learn from our mistakes.

Eve, it can get obsessive. I think your plan to let it go and have a good healthy maintenance week is solid. I also like your original plan for maintenance, seems more balanced.

Andrea, was the 2nd date fun? I am sure that it is water weight and will come off quickly. Push water to deal with the sodium.

catlady1981 02-19-2016 09:10 AM

Happy Friday Maintainers!

Still plugging along on P1. Stuck at 147. I'm going to stay P1 until 3/1 and then go to P2. I'm having too hard of a time staying 100% OP. Hope all of you have a fabulous weekend.

Slip: The second date was fun, but he's not THE ONE. But it's an opportunity to meet some nice guys and I'm having a good time.

LizRR 02-22-2016 12:14 PM

Howdy Strangers! It's been a while since I was on the boards, I had baby #3 about 6 weeks ago and finally starting to feel human! I really ballooned up, trying to be kind to myself as I am still nursing, but ready to get back to basics of good eating. What happened to the Daily Chat and What Are You Eating threads, those were mainstays!

Slipfree 02-22-2016 08:45 PM

Liz, Congratulations on your new baby! Seems like there has been a huge drop off in participation on the boards since summer. I bet if you start the threads again, people will jump on. I will never forget how much your recipes helped me on my way to goal. Rebooting now 1.6 years from goal to drop 20 pounds that I let creep on. Down 4 pounds this week.

catlady1981 02-23-2016 09:58 AM

Hi Liz: Congrats baby #3. I don't know if you remember me but I came by your place in 2014 and picked up some shakes that you were giving away. I live in Addison. Not many of us are still here in Maintainers either. Good to hear from you again.

I found what looks like it might be the daily chat. It's called something different now. I'm not sure Lisa is still on the boards but she was the one that usually did those. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...r-new-you.html . There is also this one: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ue-2016-a.html

My reboot is disappointing. I've been at it 4 weeks and essentially lost 4 lbs. I know that's a pound a week and I shouldn't be discouraged by that. At least I'm not gaining. I'm tired of the packets and I want real food and to go to the gym and work out. I'm giving it til 3/5 and then I'm returning to a P2/P3 style to get back to my happy place.

Jenny38 02-24-2016 08:53 AM

Hi ladies,

It has been forever since I posted and it looks like the 3fchicks forum has changed. Still catching up on what I have missed. Congrats Liz on your new baby!
Congratulations to all the new maintainers.

Got back from Disney world last Friday. We had a great time, kids loved it. I have bursitis in my foot which landed me the first 2 days in a wheelchair. Slowly getting better but no running no yoga no pounding or fleeting the toes for me. So annoying as I was in the middle of training for a 30km run. Oh well could be worse and this will heal.

We were on a food plan at Disney so we were limited in what we could eat and stayed at a lower end place so the food was not the best. I was up 3 before I left and now up 12. I even brought IP food with me but there was extra eating. Committed to getting it off and getting back to 165-166 (where I measured the same as 157 due to added muscle)

Going back to reading the thread and will be more active on here now

Grateful4Health 02-25-2016 12:58 AM

Hi Jenny and everyone:) - I haven’t been on the boards in a while but just wanted to say hello. I hope to have a little more calm in my life once tax season is over - there has been so much change in my life!!!! It’s all very good. My body is suffering but I’m on it with the doctors and just working it.

LizRR 02-25-2016 11:51 PM

Well..darn it, I had a big reply post that got eaten up...so I will just say goodnight and good to see familiar faces! I will go back and read this thread as its been a while since I've been on...sweet dreams!!!!

Scorpio123 02-26-2016 02:09 PM

Hi everyone,

It seems awhile back a lot of threads got split up into different years when people started. So it really took away from one daily thread where everyone could share together and could find each other. I too was around (mostly lurking) back then and am happy to see familiar faces! :)

evemomma 02-26-2016 03:15 PM

Hi Maintainer Friends!!!!!

It's great to see a lot of faces pop up here again.....welcome back Liz (I used a TON of your recipes when I first starting out on P3/P4), congrats on your new baby! Good to see you Jenny....I hope you had a blast at Disney. We are going there in May...I was hoping the extra walking would help me keep off the extra calories I might eat there. The last time we were at Disney, I was on P1! Grateful4change....I'm sorry you are having a tough time right now. Welcome to Maintainers, Scorpio123!!!!

I am proud to say that I JUST got back from my first mammogram....yipee! It only took me 4 months to schedule it, yes that is procrastination at it's worst. I was thinking that my mammogram was a heckuva lot easier with my "minus 40 pounds" ladies (easily compressed...lol). Maybe the ONLY thing good in that department...teehee.

I STILL am hanging around 133/134 this week....grrrrrr. So, I upped my calories limits back to maintenance level. Funny though....I started eating a more statisfying breakfast and fell BELOW my calories several days this week because I was feeling more full. Mom always said to eat your breakfast, right?????

Happy Friday everyone!!!!

catlady1981 02-29-2016 09:17 AM

Happy Monday Maintainers!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I made a change this weekend and adopted the Alternative version of P1. I felt more satisfied and full and not so deprived. I'll keep this up for this week at least and see what happens. I am down another pound so I'm happy about that.

I finally made a decision and bought a bike this weekend. :bike2: I've been talking about it, researching it and wanting it for almost a year. I took my first spin on it yesterday as it was almost 70 degrees and the sun was shining. I didn't wipe out and it was fun. I'm definitely going to invest in some padded shorts. My bum hurts today.

Jenny38 02-29-2016 09:42 AM

Andrea - congratulations on getting your bike. Your first ride sounded lovely. Perfect bike riding weather.

Eve - very brave getting your mammogram done, a relief I'm sure and yes way easier with smaller breasts. I had a baseline one done a couple years ago and it wasn't as bad as I thought, I'm small up top and even smaller now. Enjoy Disney in May, where are you staying?

Liz - I hate it went my comment gets lost.

Amber. - how have you been doing?

Scale slowly coming down for me, going to take awhile. Need to pick up some more IP food today but have my meals planned out. No exercise for this week and maybe next as foot/toe heals.