3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol.19 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/304927-maintainers-vol-19-a.html)

Tripmama 01-30-2016 11:06 AM

So close to joining all you rockstars

Destony 01-30-2016 11:14 AM

Today is my final day of P3, I am really nervous about what to eat in maintenance .

canadjineh 01-30-2016 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destony (Post 5234864)
Today is my final day of P3, I am really nervous about what to eat in maintenance .

Almost anything... at the right time and combination, lol.
Here's a helpful link. Lots of us maintainers posted helpful hints and whole days plans of foods from MFP.
Good luck, and ask away on the Maintainers Vol 19 board, :D:carrot::D
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...g-today-3.html

Liana

evemomma 02-01-2016 10:59 AM

Good job Tripmama and Destony!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the rest of your life!!!!!!

Honestly Maintainers, I am feeling discouraged today! My weight was back up to 135 after dipping down to 132 least week. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I know a couple things had it back there (I swam yesterday for a few hours and am probably inflamed) AND I think I am dealing with bloat for impending TOM. But it still feels frustrating!

I know I've heard it one here that maintainence is like perpetually losing the SAME TEN POUNDS over and over again. Boy is that true!!!! I am still resisting going back onto anything extreme (P1 -P3) because I finally feel like my hormones are back on track. I had some pretty extreme hormonal issues at the end of my weight loss in 2014 and lost A LOT of hair. I really don't want to repeat that again.

The one thing I have lost this past year is the carb/fat separation because I found that I could pretty easily maintain my weight without it (until I went a little cray-cray for the holidays). But now that I am wanting to drop weight again, maybe I will go back to that. Are other long-term maintainers still trying to stick to the strict 3:1 separation ratios? I found that challenging. Perhaps I will try a more realistic separation of 2:1 and see how that goes.

Hmmmmmm....perhaps time to do more thoughtful grocery shopping.

ChatttGirl 02-01-2016 11:56 AM

I started IP in August of last year and lost 29 pounds in 90 days. I have maintained pretty well, up 5 pounds. I've decided I'd like to lose another 20, but I am very concerned about the amount of hair I lost and am still losing, even though I've been in maintenance since Thanksgiving. Is that normal? Anybody else having a tremendous amount of hair loss? I'd really like to lose another 20 lbs, but I'm really concerned about losing more hair.

hysteria_625 02-01-2016 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChatttGirl (Post 5235562)
I started IP in August of last year and lost 29 pounds in 90 days. I have maintained pretty well, up 5 pounds. I've decided I'd like to lose another 20, but I am very concerned about the amount of hair I lost and am still losing, even though I've been in maintenance since Thanksgiving. Is that normal? Anybody else having a tremendous amount of hair loss? I'd really like to lose another 20 lbs, but I'm really concerned about losing more hair.

Hi CG - Fortunately, I had VERY thick hair when I started IP...unfortunately, towards the middle of P1 and basically until maintenance, I lost a ton of hair - it was 4 months of what I considered 'pregnancy shed' - but pregnancy shed only lasts about a month or so...2 months into maintenance the shed has stopped and I see lots of new growth - so it's temporary

Have you looked into the Alternate P1 diet? It is P1 with tweaks - designed for T1 diabetics who can't be in ketosis. I would post a link but for some reason am unable to find the pdf

evemomma 02-01-2016 03:00 PM

Hi Hysteria625!

I also lost A LOT of hair with my weight loss on IP in 2014. I did have pregnancy hairloss also, but my hairloss with my weightloss was worse. It is growing back (especially in one spot neat my face that really was quite noticeable to me), but I still feel like I am losing more hair than I used to. Because of this, I am also very reserved about trying any kind of extreme measures to lose the up 7-10 pounds I am right now. At this point, being up a little weight is MUCH BETTER than being down more hair IMO. So, I am only cutting my calories to from 1700 to 1520 daily and EVER SO SLOWLY trying to get back down a bit. It's a slow process though. Ugh, vanity!!!!

jennydoodle 02-01-2016 03:03 PM

Just popping to say Hi and that I will hopefully be joining this tread in the very near future. :D

I have about 7# to go until I start phasing off and then I am ready to implement my maintenance plan. When I did IP the first time, I really sucked at maintenance and I didn't have a good handle on my body and how to eat. I followed P2 & P3, but then it all just went to h*ll in a hand basket. This time I feel that I have a better plan in place for myself and can hopefully set myself up for my 90% eating plan.

hysteria_625 02-02-2016 10:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Found the pdf for Alt Phase 1 for those interested:

ChatttGirl 02-03-2016 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hysteria_625 (Post 5235899)
Found the pdf for Alt Phase 1 for those interested:

Thank you, Hysteria. Looks like there are a few more nutrients in the alternate plan so that might be the one for me. I'm a little concerned due to consistently finding up to a dozen loose hairs on my clothing at any given time. I'm with EveMomma, I'd rather have a few extra pounds than no hair! :fr:

CenTXChk 02-04-2016 01:17 PM

Hi Ladies! Hope everyone is well and enjoying a great IP week!

Been a pound up on the scale that last couple of days….not sure why (feeling a little bit of the big C). Diet has been P1 picture perfect all week (minus Mon night fattier protein than I should have eaten but too lazy to cook) so I’m not sure what’s up. WI tomorrow morning.

Not sure anyone is interested, but I had an appnt with a plastic surgeon today. This was with a high dollar swanky practice in our city. Didn’t even meet the Dr ($200 fee to get an appnt with him)…not sure how I felt about that but the consultant was nice and spent a good amount of time with DH and I discussing my options and reviewing photos. I am mainly focusing on a lower body and breast lift at this time. I felt pretty strongly about no implants but after I saw the difference in photos….I am now reconsidering. The price was considerably more expensive than the Dr I visited with in the fall. No overnight hospital stay, pain pump included for 72hrs after procedure, special dressings to minimize scarring. His end results looked beautiful…not sure it is $10k more beautiful but good to have options, right?

I have a couple more appnts with other practices in the area this month, including Dr Kerr who I saw on TLC’s show Skin Tight. He is in my area and I figured if I’m shopping around “why not?”.

jennydoodle 02-04-2016 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CenTXChk (Post 5236645)
Been a pound up on the scale that last couple of days….not sure why (feeling a little bit of the big C). Diet has been P1 picture perfect all week (minus Mon night fattier protein than I should have eaten but too lazy to cook) so I’m not sure what’s up. WI tomorrow morning.

Don't you just hate that?!?!?! It is very frustrating to be 100% all week and your body just isn't willing to let it go. I have terrible Big C issues on P1 and often rely on help. I am actually in the same boat as you this week, my midweek check had me up, so who knows what my official weigh in will bring (Sat).

catlady1981 02-05-2016 01:30 PM

Happy Friday Maintainers!!

Plugging away on my P1 reboot. Down 5 lbs in 2 weeks. I'm back in my size 8 Calvins I couldn't get into a few weeks ago. :carrot: Only 8 more to go to get to my happy place! Every time I go back to strict P1 it gets harder and harder. :mad: My hair is coming out again...but I can deal with that better than I can having my clothes too tight.

Going out dancing this weekend. I'm looking forward to that. I never thought I would miss my workouts but I do. Can't wait to get back in the gym!!:strong:

ladyejan 02-05-2016 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CenTXChk (Post 5236645)
Hi Ladies! Hope everyone is well and enjoying a great IP week!

Not sure anyone is interested, but I had an appnt with a plastic surgeon today. This was with a high dollar swanky practice in our city. Didn’t even meet the Dr ($200 fee to get an appnt with him)…not sure how I felt about that but the consultant was nice and spent a good amount of time with DH and I discussing my options and reviewing photos. His end results looked beautiful…not sure it is $10k more beautiful but good to have options, right?

I have a couple more appnts with other practices in the area this month, including Dr Kerr who I saw on TLC’s show Skin Tight. He is in my area and I figured if I’m shopping around “why not?”.

I had cosmetic surgery last July - a face lift and removal of the skin over my eyelids.

I can honestly say that it was the best thing I've ever done for myself. Dr. M.Cedars here in Oakland and his staff were nothing short of amazing from the consultation through the follow up. (I have three more appointments, as they follow up for a year from the surgery date.) My cost was about 11K for everything start to finish.

I can't tell you how much lighter I've felt since having it done, and how much happier I am everyday I look in the mirror.

evemomma 02-05-2016 03:01 PM

Hello Maintainers!!!!!

Chattgirl...good luck on trying the Alt P1 plan! Hope the hair stays put for you!!!!!!!

CenTxChk....I think you are so smart to keep doing your research and face to face consults with a doc for your surgery. How exciting!!!!

JennyDoodle....GL at your official weigh-in. Sometimes I find that I have a spike up in my weight just before a bigger loss. Fingers crossed for you!

Andrea....Good for you for sticking to P1. Yay for getting back in your 8's again! My 8's are still too tight (grrrrrrrr...I am so pear shaped that I have to be about 125lbs to get back into my 8s). I am about to decide if I even want to KEEP my 8s at this point. I am around 131-133 (looking to get down to 130) and am happy with myself in general except that I can't get my pants on! How crazy is that????

Ladyejan....Wow what an awesome gift for yourself!

Currently my weight seems to be hovering around 131-132, so I am still SLOWLY coming down from my holiday high. First I want to get to 130...but realistically I'd like to see my weight hovering around the 127-130 point. Baby steps.

Superbowl is going to be a little tough!!! I am going to cut my calories a little lower for the next couple days so I can have an average calorie day on Sunday. Go Peyton!!!!!!!!