Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 01:56 PM   #61  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
I finally had to go bra shopping yesterday because my A-cup bras were getting empty. I'm trying a Hanes Bandini Bra today. I think I'll go back for more. Comfy!!!
WEll....I was blessed in the boob department! I really need to go smaller around but the Cup size has stayed the same.....really I think I was stuffing too much in them to begin with!! Happy Friday humor!!!
Old 05-22-2015, 04:22 PM   #62  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post

I get measured around the bust, waist, hips, thigh and upper arm - these last two count twice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmuir View Post
I also get measured around the Bust, Waist Hips thigh and upper arm....the weight practically falls off my busts! LOL!
Thanks! This is useful information.

I did forget to ask where the waist measurement is taken? At the minimum, top of hipbones, in between bottom of ribcage and top of hipbones? (all of those are places used for waist/hip ratio and by the NIH and WHO for determining "excess abdominal fat") Complicated. Some people even measure right at the navel.

So I have lost between 5.5 and 7.5 inches in one month, depending on where that waist measurement is. Most of this was due to IP, which I started 3.5 weeks ago.

---

And I should take the opportunity to say hi to everyone in general! I have been on IP before, once participating here (last August/September) but I was derailed and gained 15 pounds from where I ended up in September. It has gotten easier and easier to gain weight over the years. I suffer from horrible binges - always carby stuff - and I have found through trial and error that lowering my carb intake is the only way I can lose weight and get rid of incessant cravings. I love all the veggies on IP! (when I am in binge mode I eat like no vegetables at all ). Although I am in Phase 1 now, I am constantly looking ahead to how my habits will be in maintenance.

I am an information junkie, I always want to know what the science supports and not perpetuate dieting and fitness and metabolism misinformation. But people's personal experiences are equally valuable. Everyone is an experiment with n=1. These threads have been really really helpful. I felt very ready to jump into this, as I have read through dozens and dozens of threads here. Thanks so much to all of you who contribute!!!
Old 05-22-2015, 04:39 PM   #63  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Good afternoon everyone, and congrats on the success everyone has seen this week!

I'm just finishing up my final project now, and then I have a few weeks of peace before I start studying for my CPA. Yikes!

I'm also starting to get a little IP fatigued- nearly done with week 12, about halfway to my goal, and the comments are now starting to roll in about how great I look. But I'm so tired of eating phase 1.

I'm going to try to change up my lunches for next week to help motivate me going forward. I will conquer this!
Old 05-22-2015, 04:53 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

When I was going to my clinic I got measured at the neck, mid-bicep, point of breast, ribcage (braband), halfway between your ribs & hipbone crest which is your waist, 1.5 inches below the navel (belly), where your wristbone falls along your hip for the hip/buttocks measurement, where your middle fingertip falls along your leg for the thigh measure.
The landmarks made sure everyone measured in the same place, so that cut out one variable. Of course it's best to always have the same person measure since they usually pull the tape to the same tightness.

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 05-22-2015 at 04:54 PM.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:45 PM   #65  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
Thanks! This is useful information.

I did forget to ask where the waist measurement is taken? At the minimum, top of hipbones, in between bottom of ribcage and top of hipbones? (all of those are places used for waist/hip ratio and by the NIH and WHO for determining "excess abdominal fat") Complicated. Some people even measure right at the navel.

So I have lost between 5.5 and 7.5 inches in one month, depending on where that waist measurement is. Most of this was due to IP, which I started 3.5 weeks ago.

---

And I should take the opportunity to say hi to everyone in general! I have been on IP before, once participating here (last August/September) but I was derailed and gained 15 pounds from where I ended up in September. It has gotten easier and easier to gain weight over the years. I suffer from horrible binges - always carby stuff - and I have found through trial and error that lowering my carb intake is the only way I can lose weight and get rid of incessant cravings. I love all the veggies on IP! (when I am in binge mode I eat like no vegetables at all ). Although I am in Phase 1 now, I am constantly looking ahead to how my habits will be in maintenance.

I am an information junkie, I always want to know what the science supports and not perpetuate dieting and fitness and metabolism misinformation. But people's personal experiences are equally valuable. Everyone is an experiment with n=1. These threads have been really really helpful. I felt very ready to jump into this, as I have read through dozens and dozens of threads here. Thanks so much to all of you who contribute!!!
My coach measures the waist right at the navel.

Your early results in inches sound excellent! Your clothes must be feeling extra roomy!! We are glad you came back to IP and back to this forum - hang in there EmmaD!!
Old 05-22-2015, 08:39 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

I was just wondering for the ladies that don't go to a clinic how did you decide to chose your weigh iin at home? Specific day? Time?

When i was doing ww i weighed in on Saturday mornongs but then realised that I used this as an excuse for the weekend...'you had a great loss so go ahead eat some junk...you have a week to lose it'.

So i'm thinking maybe doing my weigh in on Monday morning and having my daughter be my witness to help keep me honest.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:31 PM   #67  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser13 View Post
I was just wondering for the ladies that don't go to a clinic how did you decide to chose your weigh iin at home? Specific day? Time?

When i was doing ww i weighed in on Saturday mornongs but then realised that I used this as an excuse for the weekend...'you had a great loss so go ahead eat some junk...you have a week to lose it'.

So i'm thinking maybe doing my weigh in on Monday morning and having my daughter be my witness to help keep me honest.
I do my weigh ins Wednesday morning. For me that is my "Monday" since I am off on Mondays and Tuesdays. I find it really helps me be good on my days off. When I was going to a clinic my first time with IP I weighed in on Monday mornings and It was very tempting to 'reward' myself. It really is a mental and emotional challenge to change. I say try it for a while and if it works great, if not change and try something new. I also like the idea you have of weighing in with your daughter. I don't have someone quite that close but I do have a customer who comes in after her WI on Wednesday and we share what loss we have had. Last week I even shared with her that I had gained a pound. It really helps me to have at least someone to talk to irl about this.
I hope you get lots of feedback, and you find a solution that works best for you.
Old 05-23-2015, 04:34 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
I do my weigh ins Wednesday morning. For me that is my "Monday" since I am off on Mondays and Tuesdays. I find it really helps me be good on my days off. When I was going to a clinic my first time with IP I weighed in on Monday mornings and It was very tempting to 'reward' myself. It really is a mental and emotional challenge to change. I say try it for a while and if it works great, if not change and try something new. I also like the idea you have of weighing in with your daughter. I don't have someone quite that close but I do have a customer who comes in after her WI on Wednesday and we share what loss we have had. Last week I even shared with her that I had gained a pound. It really helps me to have at least someone to talk to irl about this.
I hope you get lots of feedback, and you find a solution that works best for you.
Thanks for your response. I know I need to be accountable....that is one of the reasons ww worked for me...I knew I had to step on that scale.
Well I survived my Friday being 100% IP but I was so tired I went to be at 9pm and have been awake since 2am...argh! On the bright side (well still dark out so not bright at all...lol) I'm on my third load of laundry!
I know that sleep deprivation can hinder weight loss and this is a problem I often have...I don't get more than five to six hours of sleep. I tried exercise, drinking tea, reading a book...most of the time if my sleep is not interupted I will wake up rested but it catches up to me.
There is nothing worse than opening my eyes thinking...'wow I slept well'...and then looking at the clcok and it's 2am!
On another subject...it was a spirit day for us yesterday and the activities were outside...it was COLD....really windy...and we had SNOW! It felt like winter time!!
Old 05-23-2015, 10:27 AM   #69  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Liana I'll have to remember those landmarks for measuring. My coach will be different from here on out and I'm almost certain she won't be measuring where my original coach did. Thanks!

(insert happy dance here)huge NSV!!

I went shopping for a couple of new summer tops yesterday and was actually able to shop in the "other side of the store" for the first time in about 15 years! I found a top marked down 1/2 price plus I had a coupon for an additional 50% off PLUS it was a size XL! Not 1X or 2X but a bonafide misses XL!! Granted, the cut is generous and slightly flowing but, by golly! It's not a plus size!! The second top I bought is a 1X but it's mostly white with tiny flowers here and there. I NEVER would have gone with white before IP simply because of the type of food I was eating: greasy fast food, rich tomato sauces, buttery popcorn...all those things that stain and you never can get them out. Dark clothes with lots of print can hide a multitude of sins...

I think I may learn to enjoy shopping for clothes again. It felt wonderful being able to browse the sales rack in the misses section without feeling like eyes were watching me and people thinking "what in the world is she doing over here? she can't possible fit into anything!". Such a great feeling to feel like a "regular" person for a change!

Have a great OP weekend! Hope the weather is good in your area!
Old 05-23-2015, 11:37 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

My waist measurement is done at belly button level, and my hips at the widest part. My coach is the only one who does my measurements so it's consistent.

Frawnie - what a fabulous NSV!! I almost cried the first time I "crossed over" to the other side. I still get overwhelmed sometimes because there are so many more choices, and I can pick things because I like them not because I'm stuck with what looks "okay" - and the best part is regular sized clothes are less expensive!
Old 05-23-2015, 12:03 PM   #71  

Yesterday was 2 months in for me. #s haven't moved too much this week (which is okay because I lost 7.5 last week) but I've had several NSV happening. My body is able to move in ways it has not moved in years. Yay. I fit into a size 16 capri WITHOUT THE W, just a 16. Bought a size L top. AND my class ring fits (first time in over 10 years). My total inches lost is somewhere around 40...40 inches, 40 pounds. I look forward to seeing where I am in 2 more months.

I'm trying to work out but remain iffy. Really want to tone up my body but not at the expense of slowing my weight loss. Not just yet anyway. I still have 40-60 more pounds to lose. Too early to slow down. Also if I work out too much I'm told I'd need to go to the alternative phase 1. No one really talks about that one but I'm guessing it also hurts the weight loss. So for now I do some moderate walking and weightlifting and add a protein bar those days.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:27 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

I'm a daily weigher, with my official WI being Monday morning.

Great NSVs Frawniemae and Simplchaos

Iamashark, you are doing great, I hope changing up your luches a bit will renew things for you and help you keep at it.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:16 PM   #73  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
I do my weigh ins Wednesday morning. For me that is my "Monday" since I am off on Mondays and Tuesdays. I find it really helps me be good on my days off. When I was going to a clinic my first time with IP I weighed in on Monday mornings and It was very tempting to 'reward' myself.
I'm a daily weigher with official weigh in on Monday, like DeterminedDieter. I never really thought about this, but now that you mention it, I do think it helps me stay good during the weekend. I'm glad you made that connection, I think it's something for people to keep in mind!
Old 05-24-2015, 09:20 AM   #74  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

I 'm a daily weigher, too. It helps to keep me on track. I know that it fluctuates quite a bit due to a lot of things but it is still a way to monitor myself. My clinical WIs are scheduled for Tuesdays. I wouldn't want to WI in a Monday simply because of the occasional eating out over the weekend, even though I do try to stay OP as much as possible. That extra day gives me the opportunity to get back on track in case I've strayed some.
Old 05-24-2015, 11:09 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Awesome NSV's with the clothes ladies (Frawnie / SC)

I am also a daily weigher - at first I thought it was going to bother me, but it has really helped to see a pattern and my fluctuation. It isn't for everyone though and I know if it starts to bother me, I need to put it away. It's actually been refreshing to not weigh since Wednesday morning

I like the Monday accountability idea, but again, I've learned my patterns and my best day tends to be Saturday or Sunday mornings (sleep? extra time to release water?)

This weekend has been fantastic. Family, love, lots of fun!
- no booze
- no sugar (to my knowledge)

I did eat too much yesterday
Closed Thread