Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 01:10 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Interesting quote from a January Business News report. Talking about the Videos & discussion boards... but also a wee bit on exercise.

"In its first year, dieters engaged with MyIdealProtein for more than 10 million minutes. More than 20,000 comments were logged on the site’s discussion boards, indicating an exceptionally high level of involvement. Soon, an exercise and fitness training feature will be added, specifically designed for the needs of people who are losing weight on the Ideal Protein protocol."

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...r#.VV0ej43bKpo

Liana
Old 05-21-2015, 06:39 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Kelly ~ Beautiful tribute..

Busy day for me today work wise... DS gets inducted into National Honor Society tonight.. So proud.

Old 05-21-2015, 12:27 PM   #48  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

I'm back from vacation on Day 2 of my Return to Phase 1. I know many of you have had success sticking to Phase 1 while on vacation and that's awesome. My hubby and I decided to phase off correctly under the supervision of our Clinics and take a mini-break from IP while on vacation, which ended up being 11 days off of the program. It was great having a sneak-peek at the phase off process. I also learned a lot about the impact of carbs on my hunger levels and cravings. I didn't go crazy, but I ate all sorts of things I missed like sushi and pizza and peanut butter! We were very, very active. And after 11 days, I had gained 7 lbs. After 1 full day back on IP, I lost 4 of those lbs. I enjoyed vacation without guilt, but as soon as we were home, we were back on Phase 1. I have read about the possible health benefits of taking breaks from the IP protocol, which someone mentioned earlier in this thread. I can say that psychologically, I feel even more motivated to finish the program. It's also been good to read about everyone's progress! Yay for us!
Old 05-21-2015, 12:52 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 224/211/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Interesting quote from a January Business News report. Talking about the Videos & discussion boards... but also a wee bit on exercise.

"In its first year, dieters engaged with MyIdealProtein for more than 10 million minutes. More than 20,000 comments were logged on the site’s discussion boards, indicating an exceptionally high level of involvement. Soon, an exercise and fitness training feature will be added, specifically designed for the needs of people who are losing weight on the Ideal Protein protocol."

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...r#.VV0ej43bKpo

Liana
This is very interesting, thanks for sharing! I have to say that this community is much more supportive than another diet community that I was part of (a different diet entirely). I'm happy to check in and say that at my first weigh in, I was down 9 lbs and 4.25 inches. I know the progress won't continue at this rate, but it is super motivation to keep move forward!
Thanks everyone!
Old 05-21-2015, 03:37 PM   #50  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlnelson View Post
This is very interesting, thanks for sharing! I have to say that this community is much more supportive than another diet community that I was part of (a different diet entirely). I'm happy to check in and say that at my first weigh in, I was down 9 lbs and 4.25 inches. I know the progress won't continue at this rate, but it is super motivation to keep move forward!
Thanks everyone!
Congratulations on your first weigh in!

I have a question for you or any other IPers who go to clinics - when you say you have lost X number of inches, how many measurements does that include? Is it just bust-waist-hips or are there others?

I just measured today after 10 pounds lost and I am wondering how many inches I lost (down in all spots I measured - moreso in places I would rather not lose and less in the disproportionately large ares, but c'est la vie and que sera, sera to mix up some languages there )
Old 05-21-2015, 04:23 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
Congratulations on your first weigh in!

I have a question for you or any other IPers who go to clinics - when you say you have lost X number of inches, how many measurements does that include? Is it just bust-waist-hips or are there others?

I just measured today after 10 pounds lost and I am wondering how many inches I lost (down in all spots I measured - moreso in places I would rather not lose and less in the disproportionately large ares, but c'est la vie and que sera, sera to mix up some languages there )

I get measured around the bust, waist, hips, thigh and upper arm - these last two count twice.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:34 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5 7"

Hi everyone!
So I am brand new to posting on 3fc, but I have to say that during my time on Ideal Protein a couple years back, this forum was a huge motivator, resource, inspiration for me.
As so many other women can relate to, I have fought a battle with my weight since grade school....occasional victories, too many failures...you know the cycle.
During one of my "I've had enough" moments, I started IP per the recommendation of a doctor I've been seeing for years. I started at 191lbs and ended at 140lbs. I had lost weight before, but never in this way....the way IP targets body fat really makes a world of difference. I was, for the first time in my life, feeling completely confident, healthy, and happy with my body.
Of course, it ends up being the mindset you have about food/weightloss/body image that truly gives you the ability to be successful in a sustainable way.

Here's the thing, I didn't heal my mindset. I let those bad habits and feelings about food creep back in and that inevitable feeling of waking up one day and glaring at the dusty scale in anger: How did I not notice this 45 lbs until it was on me??

So I'm back to 188lbs and for the past 6-7 months, being immobile from an injury, out of work, and depressed contributed to about 20 of those lbs. I've started to avoid social occasions and allow myself to feel defined by my weight again and I'm returning to 3FC not only to read but to participate.
I'm hoping that writing and interacting may give me the chance to receive support and support others in, not only dieting, but addressing the body image issues that I think so many of us face.

So thank you for the past support and inspiration, and heres to Day 1 of my second try at IP.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:35 PM   #53  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

I also get measured around the Bust, Waist Hips thigh and upper arm....the weight practically falls off my busts! LOL!
Old 05-21-2015, 06:58 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Welcome genovive86!!

Thanks frawniemae and oneuh2- I agree a support group would be a good idea. The struggle is real. Sadly to say, my mom wouldn't allow my letter to be read last night. She said that she didn't want people to be "emotional" wth?! Anyway....
Old 05-21-2015, 08:21 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Kelly - sorry your heartfelt tribute wasn't read I lost my dad last year, very suddenly, to a very aggressive cancer but had a ton of IRL support and it made all the difference. I didn't have the support after my mom passed and while I still let myself go, with mom it was 3 years...with the extra support, this time I was able to pull myself together a lot faster. It certainly doesn't mean "letting go" or forgetting - for me, the support lessened the pain (being able to talk to others who understood). Everyone grieves differently though - take care of yourself, be gentle too

So I ended up not as prepared as I needed to be...the thought of another protein bar makes me and the pre cut veggies I brought got wet and I haven't replaced them. We are almost to my cousins though - he is celiacs and eats very similar to IP protocol. Dinner has been ok - steak both nights with broccoli- tonight I got a small side salad too to make up for have no veggies at lunch. "The Wilds" was really cool (for those going through OH / near Zanesville) it was 52 degrees today we froze!
Anyway like I said I am about to my limit on the bars (2 weekends in a row)...and we have another super busy day tomorrow- suggestions welcome
Old 05-21-2015, 10:31 PM   #56  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Genovive86 -- Welcome!!! You can do this!!! You have taken the first step, and it is always the hardest - hang in, and a week from now you will have dropped a notable number of pounds - you will feel terrific for your good start, and everything will seem much brighter and will hold such potential going forward!!!

Kelly -- so sorry your tribute was not read, but in my mind, you Dad already picked up on it as you wrote it. It did not have to be read for him to know what you were saying in the write up.

As a matter of fact, another positive way to deal with your grief is to write in a journal -- put down on paper the feelings you are having and your thoughts about those feelings. It can help a lot, and you may find yourself creating chronicle of memories of your dad.... years from now you might be grateful to be able to pick up and read those write ups... or share them with your kids...

Zero change at official weekly weigh in for me today, but my personal scale this morning says I am down close to 2 lbs since last Thurs AM.... I can live with that!
Old 05-22-2015, 05:36 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Thanks everyone!
Great WI...Keep on doing what your doing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genovive86 View Post
Hi everyone!
So I am brand new to posting on 3fc, but I have to say that during my time on Ideal Protein a couple years back, this forum was a huge motivator, resource, inspiration for me.
As so many other women can relate to, I have fought a battle with my weight since grade school....occasional victories, too many failures...you know the cycle.
During one of my "I've had enough" moments, I started IP per the recommendation of a doctor I've been seeing for years. I started at 191lbs and ended at 140lbs. I had lost weight before, but never in this way....the way IP targets body fat really makes a world of difference. I was, for the first time in my life, feeling completely confident, healthy, and happy with my body.
Of course, it ends up being the mindset you have about food/weightloss/body image that truly gives you the ability to be successful in a sustainable way.

Here's the thing, I didn't heal my mindset. I let those bad habits and feelings about food creep back in and that inevitable feeling of waking up one day and glaring at the dusty scale in anger: How did I not notice this 45 lbs until it was on me??

So I'm back to 188lbs and for the past 6-7 months, being immobile from an injury, out of work, and depressed contributed to about 20 of those lbs. I've started to avoid social occasions and allow myself to feel defined by my weight again and I'm returning to 3FC not only to read but to participate.
I'm hoping that writing and interacting may give me the chance to receive support and support others in, not only dieting, but addressing the body image issues that I think so many of us face.

So thank you for the past support and inspiration, and heres to Day 1 of my second try at IP.
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Welcome genovive86!!

Thanks frawniemae and oneuh2- I agree a support group would be a good idea. The struggle is real. Sadly to say, my mom wouldn't allow my letter to be read last night. She said that she didn't want people to be "emotional" wth?! Anyway....
Kelly sorry about that.....sometimes people handle things different than you do... I hope you know you did the right thing and writing all that out I am sure helped...
Old 05-22-2015, 08:15 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmuir View Post
Happy Week for me! Just finished my 8th week and I am down 30 Pounds! That was my first Mini goal!! 2nd mini goal is to get below 200!!!! Sorta saw some tears come out of my eye when I hit that 30!!! Here's to another AMAZING week on IP!
Keep up the amazing work Ip community!!!!!
You're doing great asmuir Keep it up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
Update to my Bad weekend Bad. Yep, WI indicated gained two pounds. But go figure, i lost 3/4" total at measurement points, my Muscle Mass was up, my Fat Mass down, Metabolic Age down, Hydration up (I'd been drinking a ton of water since I fell off the IP wagon). So maybe I'll be back to normal by my next WI (which will be a few days late due to the 3 day weekend)
With the other stats I wouldn't worry about the scale reading, still, fingers crossed it's back to normal at next WI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macy08035 View Post
Hi everyone,

Checking in after my first week on IP. Lost 5.4 and lots of inches, so I'm pretty happy with that. During my first week I had to travel, which was a challenge, but I managed to stay on program. I have found the program to be, dare I say, not too difficult. But I'm taking it a day at a time, as every day has its little curve balls to throw you!

Inspired by everyone on this forum and wishing you all a successful week!
Great job, especially with the travel right off the bat Keep up the great work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisure Granny 65 View Post
Hi everyone. I just wanted to stop in and say hi. I'm in my second week of IP, and so far I'm down 9.8 pounds. I find the protocol actually pretty easy. It's been 9 days and I find my appetite has already decreased. We've been camping for a week, and today I cooked white beans and rice and the neighboring camper brought over fried fish, French fries and corn fritters. While he and my husband ate their fill, I sat and ate my pan seared chicken tenders and a large cucumber and sweet onion salad, with my IP vanilla pudding for dessert. I WAS slightly tempted , but I didn't want to sabotage all I've gained (or should I say lost) this past week. So I'm feeling pretty good about now. Tomorrow it will be chicken and veggie stir fry. Can't wait for my weigh-in when we get home next week.
Awesome Leisure Granny! I felt the same way when I started, I was amazed at the lack of cravings and reduced appetite. I hope you continue to have a great time camping and keeping OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiWi View Post
I'm back from vacation on Day 2 of my Return to Phase 1. I know many of you have had success sticking to Phase 1 while on vacation and that's awesome. My hubby and I decided to phase off correctly under the supervision of our Clinics and take a mini-break from IP while on vacation, which ended up being 11 days off of the program. It was great having a sneak-peek at the phase off process. I also learned a lot about the impact of carbs on my hunger levels and cravings. I didn't go crazy, but I ate all sorts of things I missed like sushi and pizza and peanut butter! We were very, very active. And after 11 days, I had gained 7 lbs. After 1 full day back on IP, I lost 4 of those lbs. I enjoyed vacation without guilt, but as soon as we were home, we were back on Phase 1. I have read about the possible health benefits of taking breaks from the IP protocol, which someone mentioned earlier in this thread. I can say that psychologically, I feel even more motivated to finish the program. It's also been good to read about everyone's progress! Yay for us!
Wow MiWi, great planning and way to go getting back on track so quickly! Keep it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post

Busy day for me today work wise... DS gets inducted into National Honor Society tonight.. So proud.

Congrats to you and your son Sue, it's been an exciting week for him!

My thoughts are with you and your family today, I hope things go well for you DH.

Quote:
Thanks everyone!
Great job so far, keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genovive86 View Post
Hi everyone!

Well wishes for another successful loss journey on IP, this is definitely the place for information and support. Good luck in your healing journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Welcome genovive86!!

I'm sorry Kelly, I hope that writing it has at least helped you.

I'm glad this week is almost over! It's been crazy at work and my mom is in the hospital for a couple of days, not sure what's going on yet, but this is the second time in less than a month. I don't think it's anything too serious, but still stressful.

So I am looking forward to some home time in my jammies in front of the TV, not thinking about anything (and hopefully not mindlessly stuffing me face)

I hope everyone has a great OP weekend.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:34 AM   #59  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmuir View Post
I also get measured around the Bust, Waist Hips thigh and upper arm....the weight practically falls off my busts! LOL!
I finally had to go bra shopping yesterday because my A-cup bras were getting empty. I'm trying a Hanes Bandini Bra today. I think I'll go back for more. Comfy!!!
Old 05-22-2015, 12:35 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Default Nashua Discounts

With all the discount codes currently active and my lifetime membership, I just saved 26% on an order - $46. That's my largest percentage yet.

Closed Thread