Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 02:45 PM   #31  
Restarted IP 03/23/2015

S/C/G: 171/134.2/140

Height: 5'2", 56 yrs

Hi Bella, I baked the cinnamon roll quest bar pieces in the toaster oven on parchment paper at 350 for about 8 minutes, or until they were golden brown on the bottom. They were delicious. Good luck!
Old 05-19-2015, 03:40 PM   #32  

Just wanted to say hello, and congrats to everyone for the fruits of all the hard work.

As far as the conversation about staying on P1 for long amounts of time, I agree with OneUh2 - for me the amount of weight I lost in the time period I did, I absolutely needed medical supervision. I was tested every few months esp. for thyroid but overall just to make sure things were on track. I asked a lot of questions, and I also needed to have some added progesterone to compensate for too much estrogen.

Everyone is so different, I think that's why the doctor could be needed to supplement the coach. A medical doctor would be my recommendation, in addition to holistic. Both types helped me along the way and caught different things. Also as my body changed (became smaller) I needed more chiropractic adjustments and some physical therapy.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 05-20-2015 at 01:19 AM.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:23 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

I do 350 for 10 minutes and they are good every time. I do make them on parchment paper I don't know if that makes a difference or not....
Old 05-19-2015, 06:41 PM   #34  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

Happy Week for me! Just finished my 8th week and I am down 30 Pounds! That was my first Mini goal!! 2nd mini goal is to get below 200!!!! Sorta saw some tears come out of my eye when I hit that 30!!! Here's to another AMAZING week on IP!
Keep up the amazing work Ip community!!!!!
Old 05-19-2015, 06:45 PM   #35  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily Tips

Tuesday Reality Check

If you’re eating the same things every day and getting bored with it, you’re much more likely to get off track and eat unhealthy, unplanned food. Making sure to build enough variety into your daily diet is essential in helping you enjoy meals while sticking to your plan.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:40 PM   #36  
Started IP 4/23/15

S/C/G: 237/226.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
Just wanted to say hello, and congrats to everyone for the fruits of all the hard work.

As far as the conversation about staying on P1 for long amounts of time, I agree with OneUh2 - for me the amount of weight I lost in the time period I did, I absolutely needed medical supervision. I was tested every few months esp. for thyroid but overall just to make sure things were on track. I asked a lot of questions, and I also needed to have some added progesterone to compensate for too much estrogen.

Also the doctor occasionally added or subtracted food/supplements to keep my health steady - for example about 2/3 in I added more oil and cheese, with the option of a plain baked potato if needed - I only did that once, but I definitely did the cheese and oil, and also upped my overall calories. I wouldn't have been able to make it through the last third of P1 without.

Everyone is so different, I think that's why the doctor is needed to supplement the coach. A medical doctor would be my recommendation, in addition to holistic. Both types helped me along the way and caught different things. Also as my body changed (became smaller) I needed more chiropractic adjustments and some physical therapy.

Also I've hesitated to mention this as I think a lot of people think it's quite strange, but colon hydrotherapy literally saved my butt (pun intended) during P1. I had so many big C problems, and I was doing everything right - water, fiber, veg, magnesium in many forms, yoga, even sometimes stool softener/activator per my doctor. I did the hydrotherapy (you can google it for more info) once a month and it gave me tons of relief. I know there is a lot of controversy about that practice, but for me, the hydration and release just gave me a great deal of both relief physically and also mental comfort. So I thought I'd mention it in case it helps 1 out of 100 people here.
Also along these "possibly TMI" lines, I developed a hemorrhoid after the first month of P1, it was my first ever, and it bothered me the whole year. The doctor kept telling me it would go away after P1 was over, and I doubted that.... it took two months after I finished P3 but it has gone away now.
This is a very good discussion. I haven't had a problem with the big C so far - that's part of the reason I choose the Quest bar as one of my IP meals each day. I feel like the fiber in them really helps me in that department. I hope my good luck continues. I have done a low carb diet before that made me pretty miserable in that department.

Having medical supervision is definitely something to consider. I have a nutritionist who is monitoring my nutrition labs but I should probably pay a visit to my MD as well.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:14 PM   #37  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

Update to my Bad weekend Bad. Yep, WI indicated gained two pounds. But go figure, i lost 3/4" total at measurement points, my Muscle Mass was up, my Fat Mass down, Metabolic Age down, Hydration up (I'd been drinking a ton of water since I fell off the IP wagon). So maybe I'll be back to normal by my next WI (which will be a few days late due to the 3 day weekend)
Old 05-20-2015, 07:15 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 207/176.4/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,

Checking in after my first week on IP. Lost 5.4 and lots of inches, so I'm pretty happy with that. During my first week I had to travel, which was a challenge, but I managed to stay on program. I have found the program to be, dare I say, not too difficult. But I'm taking it a day at a time, as every day has its little curve balls to throw you!

Inspired by everyone on this forum and wishing you all a successful week!
Old 05-20-2015, 09:42 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I'm still here, i'm just having a really difficult time lately, emotionally with the passing of my dad. I can't seem to get my head straight or get back 100% OP.

I'm in a funk and I need to pull myself out of it. Today is my dads "celebration of life" service. We had his funeral in Florida and my mom is having this service in NY and I can't be there....

I wrote a little something to be read at his service, tell me what you think....

Today is my dad’s Celebration of Life Service, and while I can’t be there in body I am there in spirit. Today makes 18 days since my dad went to his eternal home in heaven, it gets harder each day….although I know without a doubt that he is alive and well in heaven and that I will get to spend eternity with him… it doesn’t really make it any easier to go without hearing his voice, without seeing his smile, without hearing his laugh and feeling his hugs, and knowing that he won’t be here for all of the important (and not so important) things in this life. No, death is definitely sadder for those of us left behind…selfish I know…He’s whole again, he’s breathing easily, and fishing with his buddies (he asked for his fishing pole hours before he passed) Dad’s good, it’s me that is sad. Anyway, I wrote a little something since I can’t be there,
My dad was a wonderful father, grandfather, and great- grandfather. Growing up I knew that I had my father’s unconditional love, no matter what I did (and trust me I did some stupid stuff!) he never stopped loving me and was always there for me. No father wants to hear that their 17 year old daughter is pregnant, I know mine didn’t! But he loved me through it and my firstborn son became the apple of his eye. We joke and say that Greg is his favorite, but my dad’s heart was so big that he cherished all of his grandchildren (and great grandchildren) and he showed them how much he loved them every chance he got. He had a Huge impact on their lives and helped to shape them into the adults that they are today. When we received the phone call that forever changed our lives, we dropped what we were doing, hopped in our cars and drove 11 hours to Florida. The longest ride of our lives… All of my children and grandchildren got to see my dad one final time- that is how much he meant to us.
My dad never met a stranger; he made everyone he came into contact with feel special. I used to be amazed that he knew a person’s life story after meeting them one time. When he asked you a question it was because he genuinely cared and wanted to know more about you. My dad loved life and he loved people.
He had a great sense of humor and was stubborn as can be! And he kept both until his last moments on this earth.
I have so many fond memories of my dad and I cherish each and every one of them. I especially cherish the last two weeks of his life that I got to be by his side. I consider it an honor and privilege. The night before he passed we shared a glass of Ginger Ale and he said to me, “How’s mom’s health?” I replied, “Mom’s good dad, she’s healthy. You don’t have to worry about her.” He then asked, “How are you?” I said, “I’m good Dad, you don’t have to worry about me either.” He said, “Do you have money?” (That was how my dad was, always concerned about his loved ones.) I reassured him that I was doing just fine and then he broke out singing a little song, in the silliest, sweetest little voice he sang “money money money it makes the world go round”, he said, that’s a German song and we laughed together. I will never forget that moment. That was my dad, always happy, always making sure his loved ones were happy, and on his death bed he was more concerned for his family than himself. He was looking out for us until the very end.
If you would have told me how this would have gone down a few months ago I would not have believed it. I couldn’t have imagined it, I would have never thought I could endure it… but my dad was there when I came into this world and I was there when he left this world.
My dad may not be in this world anymore, but he is alive and well in heaven where we will spend eternity together. In the meantime, it is my goal to love as my dad loved, to live my life to the fullest, to cherish my family and to pass his legacy down to them through loving them and others the way he would have. Family was the most important thing to my father and loved his more than anything. He also considered his friends family. So know that if you are here, my dad loved you too.
Kelly
Old 05-20-2015, 11:07 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Kelly - that is an absolutely glorious tribute to your dad I am sorry you are not able to be there today, but he will ALWAYS be with you <3
Old 05-20-2015, 11:29 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Lovely tribute Kelly, .
Liana
Old 05-20-2015, 04:37 PM   #42  
IP start April 20, 2015

S/C/G: 227.5/136/140

Height: 5'4

Does anyone know if you can substitute coconut oil for olive or grape seed oil in P1? I'm only 4 weeks in and forgot to ask my coach. I know it's not listed on my sheet. Any thoughts?
Old 05-20-2015, 05:36 PM   #43  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Kelly - I read "love" in every line you wrote. Beautiful. No doubt many tears flowed while you wrote that and many more will flow when it is read. Sorry you can't be there but everyone will know that you wanted to.

livinlrg - it's not protocol but I know some have subbed it ocassionally, counting it as one of their "extras" (like splenda, spry gum, WF products, etc)
Old 05-20-2015, 10:57 PM   #44  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Kelly -- your written remarks are wonderful - I bet your Dad would be proud of you, and surely grateful to have you share such kind thoughts.

Just a suggestion - you might find it valuable to locate a Grieving support group that you could attend for awhile - it could help you deal with the emotional funk. Perhaps your church could recommend one?

Your 3FC friends will do we can to be supportive here online, but connecting in person with some others who are going thru similar feelings and reactions would likely help you in a different way.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:11 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 178.2/168.4/145

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default Just beginning

Hi everyone. I just wanted to stop in and say hi. I'm in my second week of IP, and so far I'm down 9.8 pounds. I find the protocol actually pretty easy. It's been 9 days and I find my appetite has already decreased. We've been camping for a week, and today I cooked white beans and rice and the neighboring camper brought over fried fish, French fries and corn fritters. While he and my husband ate their fill, I sat and ate my pan seared chicken tenders and a large cucumber and sweet onion salad, with my IP vanilla pudding for dessert. I WAS slightly tempted , but I didn't want to sabotage all I've gained (or should I say lost) this past week. So I'm feeling pretty good about now. Tomorrow it will be chicken and veggie stir fry. Can't wait for my weigh-in when we get home next week.

Last edited by Leisure Granny 65; 05-20-2015 at 11:18 PM.
Closed Thread