Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 06:33 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Everyone sounds to be haveing a great week! congrats on everyone's success so far this week! And Sue, I sure hope next time you post you can say for positive you're the newest resident of Onderland!

Had my WI this morning and down another 2 lbs. But the best thing about today? NSV warning I am wearing size 18 capris! Not 18W but just 18! It has been awhile since I could put this butt into anything that didn't have a W behind it!
Woo Hoo Frawnie! Loved when I dropped the W! So I know exactly how you feel....soon you will be firmly planted in the regular size departments! Its a wonderful feeling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
Hi Ladies,

I've been on a long hiatus and haven't been dieting, I kind of lost motivation.
I started IP Alternatives back in August and lost 28lbs in 2.5 months. I had a really bad UC flare up around November and couldn't follow the diet plan. Since then ive been struggling with tummy problems and trying to lose weight, which isn't easy at all. Any encouragement is welcome!!!
Hey Shelby was wondering where you were....glad to see you back and sorry about your tummy troubles... I have gone thru my share of them...seem to be on a good path now with probiotics and digestive enzymes...hope you find relief and can get back on track.

Well friends I am firmly in Onederland as of WI yesterday...I also got on my home scale this AM just to double check...Still there LOL...I seriously am in disbelief. So excited and nervous for the next chapter of my journey which will be phase 2 in 20 more pounds. I am prepped and ready to take on the challenge....
Old 05-06-2015, 06:52 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 225/188/160

Height: 5' 7"

Talking Here I go again

I am starting IP again today after messing around for the last 3 months and gaining back 15 of the 45 lost. I now have 30-35 pounds to lose. I have been reading a bunch on IP alternatives because I am tired of the $$$ and am going to try IP products with some of the alternatives. Any favorites?
Old 05-06-2015, 07:08 AM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by junenez View Post
I am starting IP again today after messing around for the last 3 months and gaining back 15 of the 45 lost. I now have 30-35 pounds to lose. I have been reading a bunch on IP alternatives because I am tired of the $$$ and am going to try IP products with some of the alternatives. Any favorites?
I like the proti diet apple oatmeal and chicken soup.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:20 AM   #49  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Hi IPeeps - it's been too long since I visited the boards. Dropping in this morning to get back on track after going off the rails during a very stressful time. Back up to 188 and time to take back control. Back on P1 today. Looking forward to reading what everyone has been up to and getting back into the groove! More later...Rachael
Old 05-06-2015, 08:46 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 201/186/130

Height: 5' 1"

I am new to this. I am very great full for this website and the many friends it provides. It encouraged me to start the IP program. I am in my second week. I have lost 5lbs and 10 inches!!!
Old 05-06-2015, 09:18 AM   #51  

Frawniemae: You continue to rock this! I KNOW it feels good!

Welcome Hosegirl. This program works! congrats on your success so far.

Welcome back to Rayze and junenez. You know what to do. Sometimes picking up the pieces and making a determined decision is the hardest part.

I read yesterday that the folks who struggle with losing weight are the ones who halfheartedly do a plan. I'm a firm believer that for most people, it doesn't matter what plan they choose, as long as they choose a plan and follow thru.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:53 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

I read yesterday that the folks who struggle with losing weight are the ones who halfheartedly do a plan. I'm a firm believer that for most people, it doesn't matter what plan they choose, as long as they choose a plan and follow thru.

While I agree with the sentiment expressed, I just can't get over how uncomfortable it must be to have your workout short stuck in your crack...

Last edited by hysteria_625; 05-06-2015 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:58 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by junenez View Post
Proti-Thin puddings / shakes (http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...ack-7-box.html)

I found the strawberry unpalatable, but the rest were really good as puddings - and I usually stick mine in the freezer for a 1/2 hour and it's almost ice-cream'ish.

Quest chips (GNC) - Cheddar Sour Cream / BBQ are my personal favorites

Everyone's tastes vary though, so be willing to try everything
Old 05-06-2015, 10:31 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Well friends I am firmly in Onederland as of WI yesterday...I also got on my home scale this AM just to double check...Still there LOL...I seriously am in disbelief. So excited and nervous for the next chapter of my journey which will be phase 2 in 20 more pounds. I am prepped and ready to take on the challenge....
Congratulations, Sue!!! How very, very exciting! I found myself eagerly awaiting your big news yesterday (sorry if that's creepy, but so many of us have been rooting for you!). Your determination and discipline and fantastic attitude are a real inspiration to a lot of readers. Enjoy this happiness as you look forward to a lovely Mother's Day weekend

P.S. Just caught up on the Summer Starters thread (which, btw, I read often because you gals have such a great, tight group -- though I have never posted there because I was not a summer starter...) and saw you shared the big news there yesterday -- sorry I missed it (out at cinco de mayo thing). Such great news!

Last edited by Mimi47; 05-06-2015 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:37 PM   #55  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Question for the cooks and wonderwomen who make every meal delicious:-

I made the cauli rice today (it came out really nice as an egg fried veggie rice) but was wondering if anyone had thought to make veggie meatballs with it using a chicken soup packet and mushroom, onion, peppers? Would it bind without an egg or ... ? I was thinking of maybe tossing in some french cut green beans in place of the peppers, too, to keep the crunch level down.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:45 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi47 View Post
Congratulations, Sue!!! How very, very exciting! I found myself eagerly awaiting your big news yesterday (sorry if that's creepy, but so many of us have been rooting for you!). Your determination and discipline and fantastic attitude are a real inspiration to a lot of readers. Enjoy this happiness as you look forward to a lovely Mother's Day weekend

P.S. Just caught up on the Summer Starters thread (which, btw, I read often because you gals have such a great, tight group -- though I have never posted there because I was not a summer starter...) and saw you shared the big news there yesterday -- sorry I missed it (out at cinco de mayo thing). Such great news!
Aww shucks! thanks....it has been a long haul for me... just goes to prove don't compare your journey to others. This is an individual thing. I am so happy with my results and it is nice to know I inspire others.

In other news just sitting at my desk with my deaf coffee and my lemon wafers..the AC is on in my office and it is freezing in here! Ugh. Can't wait for 5pm to call it a day...I am done LOL... Took chicken breast out of the freezer for dinner....thinking of just grilling and tossing over salad. Not in the mood to be creative LOL...
Old 05-06-2015, 04:12 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Question for the cooks and wonderwomen who make every meal delicious:-

I made the cauli rice today (it came out really nice as an egg fried veggie rice) but was wondering if anyone had thought to make veggie meatballs with it using a chicken soup packet and mushroom, onion, peppers? Would it bind without an egg or ... ? I was thinking of maybe tossing in some french cut green beans in place of the peppers, too, to keep the crunch level down.
You would definitely need an egg if it has any hopes of holding together. Even then, most cauliflower tot recipes use breadcrumbs and/or cheese to act as a binder. I don't think the protein in the chicken soup mix would do that for you. I've used ground up garlic and herb chips as a breading on chicken tenders. You could try mixing in some of them or quest chips to see if they will help bind everything together.

If you get something that will hold it's shape, I'd probably refrigerate it for an hour or so to keep it from falling apart as it cooks. You could try baking in a mini-muffin pan instead though. You'd get disks instead of balls, but it would avoid the refrigeration time.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:33 PM   #58  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Zzzzzzzzz. Had my big salad for lunch (lots of lettuce plus pickles, celery, a little bit of tomato, WF dressing) and a bag of Salt and Vinegar chips about an hour ago. So I got my veggies and my protein. Walked dog at lunch. Now I am falling asleep at my desk at work. No reason that I can think of. Slept well last night. Spring fever maybe?
Old 05-06-2015, 06:30 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Congratulations Sue! Welcome to Onederland!
!

Last edited by Slipfree; 05-06-2015 at 07:19 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:08 PM   #60  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Hello to all - I have been away since Friday travelling to a wedding and visiting college friends as well as West coast family -- it's great to be back to catch up on the Daily Chat - I am glad to see newbies arriving and posting here - it is great to get meet you and hear from you. Posting is excellent, in addition to just partaking of the good info that is shared by many iPeeps who have been around a awhile. This thread is just about the best source of answers to questions about the Ideal Protein protocol (any phase, but especially P1).

I am ashamed to confess, after 9 months of staying on program -- no cheats other than an extra IP packet now and then (rare thing, when the hungries just got the best of me) -- I went totally off program at the wedding supper Saturday nite, and then did it repeatedly thereafter while on the road having lunches and dinners in fine restaurants in the Napa valley. My at-home weigh in this morning showed a gain of 2.8 lbs which I consider to be an amazingly small uptick, given the food and wine I had from Saturday evening through Tuesday.

I wish now that I had phased off for this trip. Lesson learned. I was simply unable to control enough of my environment to really stay on program, and I think if I had phased off, I might have been able to manage the non P1 foods better. I have always thought that planning ahead so that I could stay on program would work for me when travelling or socializing, but the wedding event began for me at 4pm and lasted until 10pm that evening. No access to a microwave, no ability to order my food as I would in a restaurant, dressed up without a way to bring my own food, and surrounded by wine and Mexican tamales and off program veggie appetizers and sides the whole time.

And then once I just gave in, I let the little voice in my head convince me that it was ok to just write this trip off as a 3 day cheat, enjoying other non P1 foods while off program. I do not recommend this approach. The guilt is very debilitating, and I overdid it bad enough yesterday while travelling home, such that I became quite sick to my stomach when I arrived home.

I am back on program today. And grateful to be here at 3FC, where sensible eating on the IP protocol is our eating management plan of choice.
Closed Thread