Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 02:01 PM   #31  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

LOOK AT YOU GO frawniemae!!! You are doing AMAZING!!!
Old 05-05-2015, 02:14 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

That is fantastic Frawnie!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2015, 02:30 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Hi Ladies,

I've been on a long hiatus and haven't been dieting, I kind of lost motivation.
I started IP Alternatives back in August and lost 28lbs in 2.5 months. I had a really bad UC flare up around November and couldn't follow the diet plan. Since then ive been struggling with tummy problems and trying to lose weight, which isn't easy at all. Any encouragement is welcome!!!
Old 05-05-2015, 02:40 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Everyone sounds to be haveing a great week! congrats on everyone's success so far this week! And Sue, I sure hope next time you post you can say for positive you're the newest resident of Onderland!

Had my WI this morning and down another 2 lbs. But the best thing about today? NSV warning I am wearing size 18 capris! Not 18W but just 18! It has been awhile since I could put this butt into anything that didn't have a W behind it!
Congratulations!
Old 05-05-2015, 02:59 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

You are doing awesome frawniemae!!!
Sorry for your troubles ShelbyLynn8, I hope you can get things sorted out where your stomach troubles are resolved and you can get back on the path of weight loss and feeling good.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:27 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Interesting, Pepsi is getting rid of Aspartame in its diet colas in the US. No other soda company following as yet...
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/diet...nada-1.3047653

AND Panera is getting rid of 150 artificial ingredients from its menu:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/panera-t...enu-1430787781

Wow, makes you wonder what was in their stuff before...
All marketing moves (as opposed to 'health concerns') due to consumer demand.

Liana
Old 05-05-2015, 03:50 PM   #37  
I can do it again!

S/C/G: 194/191/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Had my WI this morning and down another 2 lbs. But the best thing about today? NSV warning I am wearing size 18 capris! Not 18W but just 18! It has been awhile since I could put this butt into anything that didn't have a W behind it!
Congratulations!

Get used to it -- shopping for smaller clothes, that is.
Old 05-05-2015, 04:04 PM   #38  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Interesting, Pepsi is getting rid of Aspartame in its diet colas in the US. No other soda company following as yet...

Liana
The problem is less about what they remove, and what they put IN to replace it in flavour terms.

This is what worries me about all the "low fat" products (they contain a boat load of sugar) and "low sugar" products (containing a boat load of unhealthy hydrogenated fats and flavourings and preservatives).

I see that another two states joined the "you must label GMO foods" bandwagon this month. Hoorah. Now to get Texas on board.

ShelbyLynn - sorry for your health woes, but I'm glad you decided to come back and give IP another chance. Hopefully on the healthy path.

Frawnie - you are a rock star, lady! Congrats on your 2lbs and WooHooo wiggle, shake and shimmy that size 18 (non W) butt for us.

Last edited by Briael; 05-05-2015 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-05-2015, 04:27 PM   #39  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post

Liana
I work for a Pepsi Distributor, super hard to be around all this product and not drink it!!!!
I am wondering how it is going to taste!!!
Old 05-05-2015, 05:06 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Apparently the Pepsi will have a 'new mouthfeel' (idk...fizziness???) according to their spokesperson...
Sorry folks, didn't realize that you can't see the whole article if you don't subscribe to the Wall St. Journal
Here's Panera's No-no List
https://www.panerabread.com/en-us/co...o-no-list.html

Liana
Old 05-05-2015, 10:01 PM   #41  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Oh my goodness. I need to announce that I am currently eating the most amazing thing in the world.

I prepped up the chayote hashbrowns per Rainbow's recipe, but cooked up some green peppers before adding the chayote to the pan.

MEANWHILE, I separately cooked up 4 ounces of turkey sausage, which I crumbled and then added to the chayote. I also added some red onion at the end just long enough to warm it up.

I ate it with two eggs over easy. It's just... all I ever wanted in breakfast for dinner.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:47 PM   #42  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
Oh my goodness. I need to announce that I am currently eating the most amazing thing in the world.

I prepped up the chayote hashbrowns per Rainbow's recipe, but cooked up some green peppers before adding the chayote to the pan.

MEANWHILE, I separately cooked up 4 ounces of turkey sausage, which I crumbled and then added to the chayote. I also added some red onion at the end just long enough to warm it up.

I ate it with two eggs over easy. It's just... all I ever wanted in breakfast for dinner.
OMG that sounds yummy - adding it to my "must try" list. I already make my own sausage with ground pork - just rosemary, thyme, garlic pepper and a dash of cayenne, 1 egg and enough water to make it into a smooth paste.

Last edited by Briael; 05-05-2015 at 10:56 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:59 AM   #43  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
Hi Ladies,

I've been on a long hiatus and haven't been dieting, I kind of lost motivation.
I started IP Alternatives back in August and lost 28lbs in 2.5 months. I had a really bad UC flare up around November and couldn't follow the diet plan. Since then ive been struggling with tummy problems and trying to lose weight, which isn't easy at all. Any encouragement is welcome!!!
I hope you figure out your tummy troubles as I know how hard they can knock you down. I fould a great deal of relief with a good probiotic and digestive enzyme combo product and a little Bragg s Apple Cider Vinegar. Good luck, I have faith you will get it all sorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmuir View Post
I work for a Pepsi Distributor, super hard to be around all this product and not drink it!!!!
I am wondering how it is going to taste!!!
Oh My Gosh, I wouldn't be able to work there! Pepsi is my addiction. I can't ever just have one and I swear I go through withdrawls when I try to quit. Congratulations on being so strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
OMG that sounds yummy - adding it to my "must try" list. I already make my own sausage with ground pork - just rosemary, thyme, garlic pepper and a dash of cayenne, 1 egg and enough water to make it into a smooth paste.
MMM Sounds so yummy, cut and pasted all of this for me to try soon!

Had a lovely day with DS and his wife. I was left waiting on them at the front of Target and saw the Icee machine had cola in it.... ohhhh talk about temptation. I told myself "sure you can have a small one, it won't hurt" but I am so proud of staying strong and not getting one. It was hard in the moment but honestly feel so much better for resisting.

I hope everyone has a strong Wednesday and remember to be gentle with yourselves.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:14 AM   #44  

Default Beck Diet Daily Tip

Monday Motivation ( better late than never)

If you ever have the thought, "It’s so hard to lose weight because I just like eating. I don’t want to give that up,” it's so important to remember that there's a huge difference between eating and overeating. You'll NEVER give up eating – but in ending overeating, you get to enjoy food and lose weight.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:05 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Lisa Thanks you for sharing these daily tips!
Closed Thread