Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 07:10 PM   #61  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post

While I agree with the sentiment expressed, I just can't get over how uncomfortable it must be to have your workout short stuck in your crack...
Hysteria... do I need to say that you crack me up ? LOL!!!
Old 05-06-2015, 08:25 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 281.4/260.8/140

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hysteria: your comment was so funny! And btw, I "cook" the Quest bars pretty much the same way...350 for about 6 minutes then smoosh them down a little and cook for another 2-3. I didn't know about the super restricted piece though!! My coach said it would be okay, just treat it like a restricted bar. Glad I only had one!

Sue: congratulations on Onederland!! Fantastic achievement!! Kudos.

Oneuh2: You're human but most importantly, you're back on track. As long as you didn't let it derail you completely you're doing well.

Have a good evening everyone!
Old 05-06-2015, 10:43 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

Hi everyone, I actually posted this in the April thread, so sorry.. Is double posting OK?? I realized more experienced ppl sometimes answer here more than the April starters.

The chicken soup: is there any way to make this stuff edible? I can't take it back..
Pepperoncinis- coach says it's not on the list so I can't have it, but the based on the ingredients (no oil or 'extras') I feel like it should be allowed. And fat free feta, just a small amount on salads. If milk is allowed for coffee drinkers I thought this may be also, but another nope from my coach. Anyone eat either of these and have success, or did it hinder your losses?
Old 05-06-2015, 10:44 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

I also wanted to thank Lisa for her response on last weeks chat.. I haven't been on in a while and I think it's closed now.. Lisa you are awesome! So much knowledge and such an inspiration
Old 05-06-2015, 11:26 PM   #65  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSkye View Post
Hi everyone, I actually posted this in the April thread, so sorry.. Is double posting OK?? I realized more experienced ppl sometimes answer here more than the April starters.

The chicken soup: is there any way to make this stuff edible? I can't take it back..
Pepperoncinis- coach says it's not on the list so I can't have it, but the based on the ingredients (no oil or 'extras') I feel like it should be allowed. And fat free feta, just a small amount on salads. If milk is allowed for coffee drinkers I thought this may be also, but another nope from my coach. Anyone eat either of these and have success, or did it hinder your losses?
This Daily Chat is a place for everyone to post - the Starter groups evolve as the starters progress in their respective journeys, and newbies learn more of the rules and tips and recipes etc.

Your questions are exactly right to post here in the Daily Chat for clarifying how the IP Phase 1 protocol should be interpreted.

re: the Chicken Soup - I find that it is a good base soup that you can add squash (yellow or zucchini), cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms. Ro22 has posted a recipe for Chicken Rice that she does with cauliflower rice.... I find it to be ok... perhaps more appealing during cold weather. Check the recipe links in the sticky thread or Lisa's opener posting for this Daily Chat to find the veggie purees - often just adding them to the soups changes them into something more appealing to the more discerning tastes.

I agree with your coach re the pepperoncinis and the feta -- you need to leave them off your Phase 1 program.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:40 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Congratulations Sue! Welcome to Onederland!
!
Thanks... And I got on the home scale this morning just to check......Seriously I cannot stop looking at that number on the scale LOL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Hello to all - I have been away since Friday travelling to a wedding and visiting college friends as well as West coast family -- it's great to be back to catch up on the Daily Chat - I am glad to see newbies arriving and posting here - it is great to get meet you and hear from you. Posting is excellent, in addition to just partaking of the good info that is shared by many iPeeps who have been around a awhile. This thread is just about the best source of answers to questions about the Ideal Protein protocol (any phase, but especially P1).

I am ashamed to confess, after 9 months of staying on program -- no cheats other than an extra IP packet now and then (rare thing, when the hungries just got the best of me) -- I went totally off program at the wedding supper Saturday nite, and then did it repeatedly thereafter while on the road having lunches and dinners in fine restaurants in the Napa valley. My at-home weigh in this morning showed a gain of 2.8 lbs which I consider to be an amazingly small uptick, given the food and wine I had from Saturday evening through Tuesday.

I wish now that I had phased off for this trip. Lesson learned. I was simply unable to control enough of my environment to really stay on program, and I think if I had phased off, I might have been able to manage the non P1 foods better. I have always thought that planning ahead so that I could stay on program would work for me when travelling or socializing, but the wedding event began for me at 4pm and lasted until 10pm that evening. No access to a microwave, no ability to order my food as I would in a restaurant, dressed up without a way to bring my own food, and surrounded by wine and Mexican tamales and off program veggie appetizers and sides the whole time.

And then once I just gave in, I let the little voice in my head convince me that it was ok to just write this trip off as a 3 day cheat, enjoying other non P1 foods while off program. I do not recommend this approach. The guilt is very debilitating, and I overdid it bad enough yesterday while travelling home, such that I became quite sick to my stomach when I arrived home.

I am back on program today. And grateful to be here at 3FC, where sensible eating on the IP protocol is our eating management plan of choice.
One ~ I know that you are feeling guilty and horrible but I know you can pick yourself right back up and get into the IP mode and finish off this program and phase off correctly and live a happy normal life! I have faith in you as you have been my rock for the last 8 months....we can do this together ups and downs as we go...

So the test of strenght today I am off to buy all the dessert items for our PTSA Teacher Appreciation Dessert day tomorrow at my son's school...There are over 150 teachers and I have parents dropping stuff at the house and I am purchasing from Resturant Depo and BJ's. So this stuff will be in the house all night....Honestly I am not tempted by any baked items, but one parent is bringing chocolate covered strawberries....those may have to hide in the garage fridge.....that is one of my favorites.

DS is home again today with strep throat....tomorrow he has AP exams so hopefully he can make it. Antibiotic should kick in soon....
Old 05-07-2015, 07:45 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 209.5/196.9/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Onederland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Woo Hoo Frawnie! Loved when I dropped the W! So I know exactly how you feel....soon you will be firmly planted in the regular size departments! Its a wonderful feeling...

Hey Shelby was wondering where you were....glad to see you back and sorry about your tummy troubles... I have gone thru my share of them...seem to be on a good path now with probiotics and digestive enzymes...hope you find relief and can get back on track.

Well friends I am firmly in Onederland as of WI yesterday...I also got on my home scale this AM just to double check...Still there LOL...I seriously am in disbelief. So excited and nervous for the next chapter of my journey which will be phase 2 in 20 more pounds. I am prepped and ready to take on the challenge....

I'm sooooo happy for you to be in Onederland!!!! Keep up the good work. You are an inspiration.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:36 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Thanks... And I got on the home scale this morning just to check......Seriously I cannot stop looking at that number on the scale LOL....
That's why I took a picture of mine when it happened...
Old 05-07-2015, 10:38 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone. I haven't been on in a couple of weeks. My dad was in the hospital, then hospice, and passed away last Saturday. I was by his side. I wasn't 100% OP, but I did my best. I'm back home and ready to get back on track. I've missed y'all.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:40 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Hi everyone. I haven't been on in a couple of weeks. My dad was in the hospital, then hospice, and passed away last Saturday. I was by his side. I wasn't 100% OP, but I did my best. I'm back home and ready to get back on track. I've missed y'all.
Welcome back!! I'm sorry about your dad, but I'm glad you were there with him. We're here for support if you need anything!!
Old 05-07-2015, 10:43 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Does anyone use butter extract for anything while on IP? I saw a note about adding some into a vanilla shake + some cinnamon to make a cinnamon bun shake -- now I have a huge bottle of butter extract and need some ideas :-)
Old 05-07-2015, 11:26 AM   #72  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSkye View Post

For the chicken soup .. think spices. Think adding in mushrooms and squash. You can liquidise your veg and make it thicker, or you can add a quarter cup of chicken broth (low sodium, fat free, of course!) to take away that chalky taste.

My hubby had the pepperoncini with beef done in the slow cooker. Never slowed him down in terms of loss. We also used 1 oz of the garlic and herb feta on top of soups we didn't like (broc & cheese, chicken, tomato basil) - anything to choke it down.

The thing to watch is the effect it has in your diet. Some people are carb sensitive, some people develop a taste for one off-plan item and then cannot go back to being strict with the other meals. The feta will raise your fat macro, so try to choose leaner meats to compensate for it.

Many people like the 100% compliance as it stops them from building "cheats" into the program,which can be a slippery slope into temptation.

My opinion is that if you are going to be on IP for any length of time, you need to find ways to make the diet work for you. If it's a choice of adding in a tiny amount of something that makes the packet more palatable or going off the rails because you truly can't stand it .. well, I know which I choose!

Last edited by Briael; 05-07-2015 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:30 AM   #73  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

Briael thanks for the GREAT TIPS! All of those are amazing!!!!
Old 05-07-2015, 11:30 AM   #74  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Does anyone use butter extract for anything while on IP? I saw a note about adding some into a vanilla shake + some cinnamon to make a cinnamon bun shake -- now I have a huge bottle of butter extract and need some ideas :-)
I use butter itself as my 2 tsp of healthy fats (in lieu of olive oil) sometimes. Check the nutritional information on the extract and if it's 0/0/0 it's fine, if it has a couple of carbs in you may decide to compensate by choosing less starchy veg that day - or having a salad fest.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:45 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hugs, Kelly! Family stuff hurts, but you will recover from it... Hang in there.
Liana
Closed Thread