Old 05-14-2015, 04:07 PM   #76  

I didn't even use ketosis sticks at all, my doctor/clinic didn't suggest them and I didn't feel I needed them.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 06:37 PM   #77  
IP Start 5/13/15

S/C/G: 165.6 / 157.8 / 125

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
I'm back for approximately the billionth time! I just can't seem to stick to the plan this time around.
I told my coach, this is the last time and if I can't stick with it, she's not allowed to sell me product until I take a mental break and get my head back in the game. I'm on day four right now. So far no problems, but the cravings don't usually hit until the weekend, so fingers crossed I can't keep up the motivation for the next four days too!
I've been fluttering my way in and out of protocol wince February when I was first introduced

I JUST restarted on Tuesday so PLEASE stay with it! I know we can do this - it truly is a mental thing. If we keep checking in and planning out our day, I am sure that we will get there

Before Mother's Day Weekend, I actually stuck to the protocol for a 5-day stretch and I dropped 7 lbs. I know that we can all do this

Let's keep our eyes on the prize!!!
1tubbychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:26 AM   #78  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi - I had lost 80 pounds on South Beach in 2009-10 and kept it off until "very bad things" happened and then slowly regained much of it.

My friend who lives with me started a similar to Ideal Protein diet at a local company two months ago and has lost 25 pounds. She was complaining about the cost of packets & I was like, "I'm pretty sure $4 a packet is a lot to pay for these diet packs" so I looked and found them for $12 for 7 and realized that my daughter and I could start the same diet and not pay over $300 for start-up. It's funny that there are all these companies marking the same

I started on 5/4 and have lost a stunning 13 pounds.

Let's get rolling!
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:35 PM   #79  
hand to mouth disease?

Regarding Ketosis sticks - if you are using them - a tip. I used to run a free clinic & we were always looking for ways to cut costs. we cut them in half down the long way (so there were 2 pads) worked fine. try not to get your fingers all over the test pad...
Old 05-15-2015, 01:21 PM   #80  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tubbychick View Post
I've been fluttering my way in and out of protocol wince February when I was first introduced

I JUST restarted on Tuesday so PLEASE stay with it! I know we can do this - it truly is a mental thing. If we keep checking in and planning out our day, I am sure that we will get there

Before Mother's Day Weekend, I actually stuck to the protocol for a 5-day stretch and I dropped 7 lbs. I know that we can all do this

Let's keep our eyes on the prize!!!
I'm on day 5 today and feeling pretty confident going into the weekend. Such a change from the way I felt last Friday!

Thanks for the encouragement and support! We've got this! One day at a time, or when it's really tough, one meal at a time!
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:40 PM   #81  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Hi weebleswobble - we may have overlapped in the South Beach forums. I was never much of a chatter, beyond diet stuff, but i used to post menus and recipes.

I think SBD is great but personally I couldn't lose any weight any more without tweaking the diet so much that it basically wasn't SBD any more. Due to hormonal changes apparently I have to go pretty low carb to lose any weight and to reduce my newly acquired giant belly. I started incorporating protein "packets" and powders into my diet - though I hate the idea in general, I saw such good results here on IP. I finally decided to fully commit and see if I can finally lose this extra weight. After doing SB on and off for ~8 years, I have been ingrained with that idea of 4.5 cups of veggies (4 on IP) per day, so that part was no problem for me. In fact I use lots of the free veggies because 4 cups is usually not enough

With SB I could never eat as much whole grains and fruits as they recommended. I think the "alternate" Phase 1 IP plan is probably close to how my maintenance diet will be (but obviously with whole proteins instead of packets): 1 fruit, 1 grain/legume and 1 dairy per day.

Ah but maintenance is a while off. I do like thinking ahead though. I sometimes look in the maintenance threads to see what I am in for.

I have a Nashua shipment arriving soon and I am excited to try some new things. For anyone who is including alternate products: I am trying Kay's Naturals snacks (some are available at Costco so I hope something works out with that) and Nature's Essence bars - organic/gluten free/with whey from milk from grass-fed cows. Oh and also samples of all flavors of the Quest protein powders. Wahooofan recommended some Kay's chips as tasting like Doritos (thanks for that!) so they work out.

knm and Leisure Granny 65. Re the pancakes: I always add 1 cup shredded zucchini or cauliflower (riced and steamed for about 3-4 minutes first) for bulk and extra veggies, and I always top with Walden Farms pancake syrup, which is pretty tasty.

Last edited by EmmaD; 05-15-2015 at 01:43 PM. Reason: incoherence
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:39 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 157/148/137

Height: 5'7"

Default Re-Started May 6

Hi all -- I just restarted, I lost 30 lbs over the last year (in 6 months July -Jan), but gained 15 back since Jan. My goal is to re-lose the weight and successfully transition into maintenance - which I didn't do last go round. The first week has been rough. I haven't totally committed yet to the plan. Still was finishing eating stuff in fridge like fat free yogurt and honey in the cupboard! I cant have any of the stuff around me. I weigh in tomorrow and I suspect I will be down 1-2 lbs, but not great. I think after week two of total alignment, I will be down more. I would like to be down 10 lb by May 30. Also, I am not on any other meds, some of which suppressed my appetite. I would like to do this the natural way.

Last edited by suziqindc; 05-15-2015 at 03:48 PM.
suziqindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 05:03 PM   #83  
hand to mouth disease?

I don't know if this is a recipe but I was cleaning out my fridge and freezer and made soup out of the following. Very tasty

4 pints Homemade turkey stock (frozen, all fat removed)
2 leeks sliced thinly
1 white onion
2 small bunches of green onions
6 (maybe a few more) Portabello Mushrooms
1 pack of poultry herbs picked (thyme, sage, and not all the rosemary)
twist of pepper
sea salt

Bring to boil on stovetop, cover, leave for...about half hour. ready!

My daughter and I LOVED eating our veggies today!!!

Last edited by weebleswobble; 05-15-2015 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:21 PM   #84  
hand to mouth disease?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
Hi weebleswobble
I think SBD is great but personally I couldn't lose any weight any more without tweaking the diet so much that it basically wasn't SBD any more. Due to hormonal changes apparently I have to go pretty low carb to lose any weight and to reduce my newly acquired giant belly.
Sorry about your newly acquired belly. Hope you got something for it.

I had a hard time with SBD. I stayed on induction the whole time and was probably actually on IP without knowing it. All I know is, it sure is a lot easier being on IP and my kitchen is cleaner.

I buy a big tray of chicken breasts & throw them on the BBQ. Once I used a packet of tomato soup & a couple packets of splenda and lots of bbq spices. This time I just used a mix of spices and a packet of wood chips and it was great!

I feel at peace knowing I have days worth of meals at home -- and it helps that my friend who lives with us and my almost 18yo daughter and I are all doing it. My H is the only one not. It helps knowing that I have a packet in my purse "just in case" and that there's stuff at work.

I was exactly this weight 2 years ago when my grandfather died. I'm wearing his ring on my middle finger (where I put it the next day) and it's been a long time since I could take it off easily! It's sliding!
Old 05-15-2015, 06:13 PM   #85  
IP Start 5/13/15

S/C/G: 165.6 / 157.8 / 125

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
I'm on day 5 today and feeling pretty confident going into the weekend. Such a change from the way I felt last Friday!

Thanks for the encouragement and support! We've got this! One day at a time, or when it's really tough, one meal at a time!

That's awesome!!! If you are on Day 5 already, then you will definitely get through the weekend!

My brother prepared a bunch of beef and veggie stew that has been portioned out for me in little tupperwares so I have no excuses

I've dropped my initial water weight in the last 2-1/2 days, so I am super excited!

Hurray!
1tubbychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:11 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

second WI today and up .2
quite frankly I'm happy with that, I didn't deserve a loss after the week I had
now back into ketosis and feeling much better
this weekend WILL be different than last!!!
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:09 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 236/199/150

Height: 5'3"

Day 5 for me as well. Feeling good so far. my coach had suggested I do 4 packets a day until I get under 200 lbs but there is no way I can eat that much, I am eating more than I usually do on this plan as it is . Hopefully that won't affect things negatively.
acidlollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:34 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 175/159.4/133

Height: 5ft 7in

Hi all - I started 5/11, so my 7th day. Really enjoy this forum.

Last edited by JMmom; 05-17-2015 at 12:43 PM.
JMmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:50 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 320/215/170

Height: 5"4

Hello. Started 5/10, had my 1st weigh in yesterday with a 6 lb loss. Working on week 2, though I do feel an awful lot better than I did the beginning of last week!
Wiynter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:54 PM   #90  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidlollipop View Post
Day 5 for me as well. Feeling good so far. my coach had suggested I do 4 packets a day until I get under 200 lbs but there is no way I can eat that much, I am eating more than I usually do on this plan as it is . Hopefully that won't affect things negatively.
Yeah, I find it shocking that ~800-1000 calories can be so filling. Plus I lost my appetite a few days (not consecutively) so I didn't eat even that amout. I seem to alternate between starving and disinterested in food. When I am not on plan I eat WAY more than this, I don't ever really track when I am off plan but at least 2000 calories.

JMmom, Wiynter and suziqindc! Let's finish this month out strong.

I personally have not been completely on plan - not really OFF plan either, but I received an order of stuff to try from Nashua Nutrition and I have been eating too many packets of them. They are all snacky type things - chips, pretzels, cookie bites, bars... really I don't do well around these type of things so I will be happy when they are all gone. I found a couple of things I would be OK ordering again. It's the variety of things to try that I have a problem pacing myself with.

I still got my veggies and protein in too so yay for that. My weight has been stable for a few days now, no losses recently. The carbs on most of the snacky things I have been trying put them all in the restricted category.

My official weigh in day is tomorrow morning so I am going to try to be strong today! I'm committing to no more snacky items as of tomorrow, too late for today.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote