Old 05-12-2015, 03:31 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 236/199/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi all,

I originally wanted to start back in April, but things didn't go according to plan, so I am officially starting today.

i have lost weight before using WW, but could never get beyond a certain point, and just ended up giving up and giving in to the food.

This time, hopefully will be different.
acidlollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 03:57 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Hi everyone
My cheat on Sunday really made me feel out of wack Monday, thankfully I was off work so I took a one hr nap. Felt like I was detoxing again. Today much much better. TOM doesn't help either.

Determined to get to goal this time. Targeting August as my phase off date. Going to start walking this week too, it's so nice out and I feel like I have some energy to do a bit of exercise. Wish I could do more intense cardio though.
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 11:32 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidlollipop View Post
Hi all,

I originally wanted to start back in April, but things didn't go according to plan, so I am officially starting today.

i have lost weight before using WW, but could never get beyond a certain point, and just ended up giving up and giving in to the food.

This time, hopefully will be different.
I know exactly what you are talking about regarding ww. It was the same for me, After some time I could not get the scale to move no matter what I did.
You came to the right place, IP really works if you follow protocol.
You wil see great changes!
Welcome to IP!
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 03:47 AM   #64  
IP Start 5/13/15

S/C/G: 165.6 / 157.8 / 125

Height: 5'4"

Oh my! So, I did fantastic the first week, dropped 7 lbs. then had a disasterous Mother's Day weekend... gained it all back plus one!

Recommitting - starting as of this moment! I've been knocked out with a fever since Monday, so I will weigh in tomorrow morning and begin again

Good luck to all you wonderful friends!!!
1tubbychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:52 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 236/199/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser13 View Post
I know exactly what you are talking about regarding ww. It was the same for me, After some time I could not get the scale to move no matter what I did.
You came to the right place, IP really works if you follow protocol.
You wil see great changes!
Welcome to IP!
Thanks, Its good to hear that I am not the only one who experienced that. And reading everyone's experiences here is definitely encouraging.

The First day went well, so off to a good start.
acidlollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:07 AM   #66  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tubbychick View Post
Oh my! So, I did fantastic the first week, dropped 7 lbs. then had a disasterous Mother's Day weekend... gained it all back plus one!

Recommitting - starting as of this moment! I've been knocked out with a fever since Monday, so I will weigh in tomorrow morning and begin again

Good luck to all you wonderful friends!!!
oh no! sorry to hear of your rocky start. Take care of yourself if you have a fever and jump back on when you feel well enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
Hi everyone
My cheat on Sunday really made me feel out of wack Monday, thankfully I was off work so I took a one hr nap. Felt like I was detoxing again. Today much much better. TOM doesn't help either.

Determined to get to goal this time. Targeting August as my phase off date. Going to start walking this week too, it's so nice out and I feel like I have some energy to do a bit of exercise. Wish I could do more intense cardio though.
I am targeting to phase off around August as well! Actually I set a goal to stick with this until September 1 (arbitrary date, four months into the future) but I didn't think it through whether that was Phase 1 or complete. In reality, I am just going to see what my weight is by then and how I feel.

I started exercising again! I do yoga, walking and I do the Couch to 5K program (have completed it several times but always stop running afterwards). I often just use the intervals from the first day - which is only 45 bursts of "running". I do that on a treadmill and my runs are just trots really. For now that gave me enough of a workout. Honestly I am so out of shape anything gives me a workout.

---

acidlollipop and jlnelson. I hope you will post with your stories and progress here. It has been shown in various studies that having a social network with similar goals of weight loss and health helps with the process ... since I have no one IRL to discuss any of this with, I am trying to come to 3fc and get my fix of interaction and pointers etc so I know I am not alone in this struggle.

Me? I am still working on "getting it right." I had several days of complete lack of interest in food, which was interesting. I had a social event over the weekend and I can't even believe how well I did, sticking to on plan items. I shocked myself

Then..... yesterday I felt STARVING and ate some things that were not on plan . I do track EVERYTHING at this point, which is a huge achievement in itself (not part of IP but I need to do this for a while to make sure I am getting the ratios right; I don't eat much meat and the carbs in veggie products are higher...) and I discovered my big off-plan late-night binge made my day bump up to ~1250 calories with carbs at ~100g, which for me is maintenance range. So I consider that IP has reeled my binging into very manageable territory.

What did I learn? That I need to find ways to fill that insatiable starving feeling with something other than whole wheat bread and grapes. Maybe tea? An extra RTD, especially warmed up in the evening? Half a quest bar? Celery??

I am just paying attention to these feelings/lapses and I will consider going to the alternate plan (adding 1 grain, 1 fruit and 1 dairy each day) if I can't find my happy medium between disinterested and ravenous.

I also learned that planning is key... when I start my day planned and I eat all the good things earlier in the day it makes it harder to completely unravel later. Of course still POSSIBLE but harder.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:28 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 224/211/140

Height: 5'6"

Thank you, EmmaD. I'm excited about this process and I am definitely going to be more involved in this support group this time around. You guys are all awesome and it is very motivation to hear everyone's stories.

In one of the posts I was reading yesterday, someone mentioned having scallops for dinner. I love scallops but I never eat them because they are a bit pricey. But when I went to the store last night, they were on sale. Dinner was a complete treat last night and I would never have thought it was a meal "on a diet". I was so excited to eat healthy which was a great feeling. I'm sorry I can't remember who posted the scallop suggestion, but you are AWESOME! Thank you! Day one in the books and I'm looking forward to another indulgent, healthy meal tonight.
jlnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:08 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

I'm trying to figure out why on some days I can't stop thinking about food...usually mid afternoon During weekdays or during the weekends. Other times I will not have a second thought knowing how hard I had to work to lose 100 pounds.
I am an intelligent woman (at least I think I am...lol) so why do I let the thought of black licorice or doritos derail me? Why can't I have thoughts of cucumbers and lettuce?
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 09:28 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 224/211/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out why on some days I can't stop thinking about food...usually mid afternoon During weekdays or during the weekends. Other times I will not have a second thought knowing how hard I had to work to lose 100 pounds.
I am an intelligent woman (at least I think I am...lol) so why do I let the thought of black licorice or doritos derail me? Why can't I have thoughts of cucumbers and lettuce?
I think we are so trained to crave sugar and the healthy foods are put in an "uncool" light. I find if I can kind of trick myself into thinking I am eating junk food- bake thin zucchini slices to make "chips" and add some great spices for seasoning, that helps me bridge the gap between junk food cravings and the healthy food that I should be eating. I must say though that sometimes my kitchen experimentations are awful, so you have to be willing to stick with a few versions of the recipe to get it just right.
jlnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 09:31 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
For most of us, weight is a mental issue as much as a physical one. I know I'm an addict and will have to fight that for the rest of my life.

As for the doritos, have you tried these:

http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...ips-1-bag.html

You can get them at Walgreens and a variety of other places too. The texture is different, but they really do taste like doritoes.
Wahoofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:03 PM   #71  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

I'm back for approximately the billionth time! I just can't seem to stick to the plan this time around.
I told my coach, this is the last time and if I can't stick with it, she's not allowed to sell me product until I take a mental break and get my head back in the game. I'm on day four right now. So far no problems, but the cravings don't usually hit until the weekend, so fingers crossed I can't keep up the motivation for the next four days too!
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:17 PM   #72  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

Welcome May Peeps!! Good Luck on your IP journey!!
asmuir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 02:17 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 178.2/168.4/145

Height: 5' 3.5"

I just started the IP protocol Monday. As of this morning I am down 4.6 pounds and I'm feeling great. No headaches, no fatigue, no hunger. I actually have trouble eating all four cups of vegetables a day. Love all the foods so far except the pancakes. Anyone have any suggestions how to make them taste better? I spread some WF raspberry fruit spread on them this morning and it helped, but not much. It will be an interesting two weeks, though, because hubby and left yesterday to go camping for a couple of weeks. But I prepared ahead of time and bought eleven boxes of IP foods with me so I would have plenty of variety. Still waiting to start ketosis though. Ketostix are showing only a trace so far. I enjoy reading all the posts. They offer a wealth of information. Thanks, everyone.
Leisure Granny 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 02:41 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisure Granny 65 View Post
I just started the IP protocol Monday. As of this morning I am down 4.6 pounds and I'm feeling great. No headaches, no fatigue, no hunger. I actually have trouble eating all four cups of vegetables a day. Love all the foods so far except the pancakes. Anyone have any suggestions how to make them taste better? I spread some WF raspberry fruit spread on them this morning and it helped, but not much. It will be an interesting two weeks, though, because hubby and left yesterday to go camping for a couple of weeks. But I prepared ahead of time and bought eleven boxes of IP foods with me so I would have plenty of variety. Still waiting to start ketosis though. Ketostix are showing only a trace so far. I enjoy reading all the posts. They offer a wealth of information. Thanks, everyone.
Don't put much into the Ketostix readings, LG65... You don't have a lot of weight to lose and your body may already be starting to burn the ketones and not excrete them. If you are losing weight, you are in ketosis. Simple as that. I hope you enjoy your camping trip and get a chance to do a bit of hiking around with your DH.

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 05-14-2015 at 02:42 PM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 03:25 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 178.2/168.4/145

Height: 5' 3.5"

Post camping

Thanks Liana. I guess 30 pounds really isn't that much weight to lose in the grand scheme of things. It just seems like a lot to me because it took me two years to lose that much with Weight Watchers several years ago. I'll keep in mind what you said about the ketosis. As for camping, we don't do any hiking, mostly fishing. I do walk my dog around the campground every morning, which is roughly a mile. We keep our camper on a waterfront site in a campground on the south end of Toledo Bend Reservoir, which is a huge man-made lake on the Louisiana/Texas border. Since my husband and I are both retired, we split our time between our home in southeast Louisiana and the lake - about two weeks in each place, give or take a few days. It's a great life.
Leisure Granny 65 is offline   Reply With Quote