Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 02:10 AM   #46  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Permission2Succeed View Post
Fellow IPers, thanks for being here!!! I am determined that in spite of an up pound at Monday's weigh in I won't give up and am still 100%! Even if it means, you all have to put up with this mostly lurking person chatting more this week! I was so tempted to cave over that lousy 1 lb in the wrong direction -- because of you all I know things happen and I am hanging in!

Rayze -- thanks for the tidbit on it being slower to move from 24 to 20 -- as I have hardly moved in 40 lbs. Also, thanks for the Gywnnie Bee idea.

Way to stay positive and focused. This isn't a one week diet, so one week's results are just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercyreigns View Post
Hi, I'm starting the IP program Saturday morning. Tough choice but my appointment with my doctor is not until Friday. I think beginning Saturday will give me the time I need to really get into the packets and not rush myself. I get myself into a tizzy and am always running behind. I thank you all for your words and sharing your journeys. I was stricken with anxiety the first few days of this week. Can you do this? Will you do this? You've failed the last 100 times you began a diet. You see, my weight has been a security blanket for me. My anxiety was due to my thought that I won't be protected, won't be me. I've lived in this overweight, extremely obese body for 30 years. I will be 51 this April. I would like to finally wear a little black dress that I've heard women speak of, seen in the departments stores and wished I could put one on. There are many things I know I'll be able to do once I lose this 100 lbs I need to lose. Your words have encouraged me. My anxiety has subsided to almost nothing. A new beginning. I'm looking forward to a healthier style of eating. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
You CAN do this. You WILL do this. You only fail if you quit trying. If you have a bad day when you either can't resist temptation, or you are derailed by a meal out with family or you accidentally get your carbs too high ... it's just a single blip on your journey. I guarantee you that everyone here had days when they were taking IP a single day at a time, sometimes from hour to hour to help build their willpower to resist.

Another really great tip that I saw when I first came to 3FC was to make smaller goals. If you think about losing 100lbs it seems a massive undertaking and very daunting. Losing 10 lbs 10 times seems easier and gives you some achievements along the way to celebrate. Every pound you lose is a whole pound that you wouldn't have lost if you didn't have the courage to get back up and make better choices the next day.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:19 AM   #47  

Default thank you

Thank you for your kind words they are deeply appreciated. i'll keep you posted.
Closed Thread