Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 08:33 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Tuesday 1/21/2015

IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-21-2015, 09:30 AM   #2  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Morning all!! Did an "insanity" class let night, weight-lifting session with my trainer this am, I'm starving!! IP shake before and after but sitting here eating head of romaine lettuce, no lie! Has anyone tried the Whey Isolate protein gel as an alternative? Only 80 calories, I stick it in my gym bag for right after the workout. It has a resealable top so really convenient and less than $2 each.
100% Premium Whey Isolate
20g Protein
Over 4g BCAAs from Protein
0g Sugar
0g Fat
Old 01-21-2015, 10:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Awesome, ecdcslim! Do you do Insanity often? Hope to try that later this spring. So, did you end up with 4 IP items total yesterday (and will you end up with 4 today)?
Old 01-21-2015, 10:48 AM   #4  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi47 View Post
Awesome, ecdcslim! Do you do Insanity often? Hope to try that later this spring. So, did you end up with 4 IP items total yesterday (and will you end up with 4 today)?
Just started Insanity - six week session at my office, twice a week. I had 4 yesterday plus my 'real' food meal for dinner. Today, I've had 3 - 5:45 am, 7:15 am (post workout), 10 am. I will have a bar at 2 pm, a full dinner tonite and I may have another packet if I'm starving. I am back on P1 to lose the 5.5 lbs I gained over the holidays - should be on it for another 9 days.

E
Old 01-21-2015, 10:50 AM   #5  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Morning all!! Did an "insanity" class let night, weight-lifting session with my trainer this am, I'm starving!! IP shake before and after but sitting here eating head of romaine lettuce, no lie! Has anyone tried the Whey Isolate protein gel as an alternative? Only 80 calories, I stick it in my gym bag for right after the workout. It has a resealable top so really convenient and less than $2 each.
100% Premium Whey Isolate
20g Protein
Over 4g BCAAs from Protein
0g Sugar
0g Fat
Which brand is this, EC? The BCAAs make it a good gel for pre-workout as well as post and it's far more portable than a protein shake.

frawniemae Happy IP start day! Hope you enjoy the products and don't have too many unwanted side effects in your first few days!

Last edited by Briael; 01-21-2015 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Thank you, ecdcslim. I'm still experimenting with the right cardio/fuel combo, so it's very helpful to learn what everyone else does. A little worried about what all this experimentation will mean for tomorrow's WI, but c'est la vie!

Last edited by Mimi47; 01-21-2015 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:56 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/XX/140

Height: 5'8"

I made it though week 1 and today is the start of week 2. I have not felt like a sick kid in a very long time and I just couldn't mange to get myself out of bed to go to the clinic for my first WI. I realize it is flu season, but its hard not to try to convince yourself that part of the reason I have become ill is my new healthy living week. I hope to get though this fast and that my 2 week WI/measurements makes me jump for joy. Its hard not to feel down at the moment, I am trying to turn my thought around. Anyways, I am not usually a participator, so I gave myself a goal of posting at least once a week. Perhaps venting will help my mind frame.
I hope that everyone else has a good day.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:59 AM   #8  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan2 View Post
I made it though week 1 and today is the start of week 2. I have not felt like a sick kid in a very long time and I just couldn't mange to get myself out of bed to go to the clinic for my first WI. I realize it is flu season, but its hard not to try to convince yourself that part of the reason I have become ill is my new healthy living week. I hope to get though this fast and that my 2 week WI/measurements makes me jump for joy. Its hard not to feel down at the moment, I am trying to turn my thought around. Anyways, I am not usually a participator, so I gave myself a goal of posting at least once a week. Perhaps venting will help my mind frame.
Sorry it's been such a struggle for you. Hopefully your body is coming out of the detox period and you will start feeling better. Good job on staying focused through it, it isn't easy to stay positive when you feel like crap.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:04 AM   #9  
Rebooting Mode

S/C/G: 227/223/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Oh no! Starting a new plan and being sick can be a tough combination! When I started IP the first time, it was October and I ended up with some kind of throat infection and a really bad cough....but I stayed OP with the help of my Dr. She gave me sugar-free cough medication and my coach insisted on soup for lunch and hot beverages/oatmeal for my packets until I felt better. It was really, really hard but I know I was doing such a good thing for my body by staying OP!

Hang in there! Sending you
Old 01-21-2015, 11:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Megan2!!!

I had a wonderful NSV yesterday. My size 14 jeans are starting to fall off, I have to wear a belt, so I went shopping yesterday and tried on 11/12's and they fit!!!! I couldn't believe it, I can't comprehend it, and I don't "see" it...I had to take a picture to "see" what I really look like. I loved the jeans but didn't end up buying them because they were expensive and I don't want to spend $ on clothes until I am at goal. I'm off Friday so I am going to go find some sales and buy a few pair to tide me over. I briefly fit in a size 12, 7 years ago but I got rid of all of them because I never dreamed that I would be this size again!

I LOVE IP!!! lol
Old 01-21-2015, 11:22 AM   #11  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Congrats Kellyc!!! Gotta love that feeling of fitting into a new size!! You should go buy some cheaper jeans to get you through...I'm actually going to the city this weekend with my family and I'm going to pop into american eagle and buy some jeans in sizes 10 and 12 to get me through until I'm at goal (I think they're buy one get one 50% off right now so that will make them even more affordable). I feel so much better when I'm in clothes that fit!
Old 01-21-2015, 11:22 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 165/XX/140

Height: 5'8"

Thank you Amanda and Vista110,
I think I just needed to hear that someone understood. I am living on Tea and Warm Chocolate Drink. I did make myself a soup but it was the most difficult thing to force down I figured I would stay with my safe bet at the moment.
I realize that I will grow to enjoy some of the tastes of these Packaged powdered meals; However, I really wished there was a sampling of meals during signup. It would make the guessing on what to eat and what you like and the plan so much easier.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:31 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Megan - there should have been a sample bag at sign up, no? My coach gave me enough for a few weeks and only single packets, all different things. Sorry to hear your having a rough go! Hang in there, it gets WAYYYY better.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Megan2!!!

I had a wonderful NSV yesterday. My size 14 jeans are starting to fall off, I have to wear a belt, so I went shopping yesterday and tried on 11/12's and they fit!!!! I couldn't believe it, I can't comprehend it, and I don't "see" it...I had to take a picture to "see" what I really look like. I loved the jeans but didn't end up buying them because they were expensive and I don't want to spend $ on clothes until I am at goal. I'm off Friday so I am going to go find some sales and buy a few pair to tide me over. I briefly fit in a size 12, 7 years ago but I got rid of all of them because I never dreamed that I would be this size again!

I LOVE IP!!! lol
Awesome Kelly, doesn't it feel great! I just ordered some clearance jeans to get me through too

Quote:
Thank you Amanda and Vista110,
I think I just needed to hear that someone understood. I am living on Tea and Warm Chocolate Drink. I did make myself a soup but it was the most difficult thing to force down I figured I would stay with my safe bet at the moment.
I realize that I will grow to enjoy some of the tastes of these Packaged powdered meals; However, I really wished there was a sampling of meals during signup. It would make the guessing on what to eat and what you like and the plan so much easier.
I was sick with a migraine the from day 2 to day 5, it's so worth sticking with it OP. I never got a sampling, but my situation is unique at my clinic because I volunteered to try it out before they fully set up. But I have a lot of packets that I am never going to eat, and one of these days I'm going to stop by and see about a packet swap, maybe you should check to see if your clinic has something like that set up.

Have a great OP day everyone.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:24 PM   #15  

Kellyc14:
Congrats on the new size!
Have you ever thought of hitting resale shops? I got some GREAT deals & was able to replace my entire wardrobe twice as I went down 5 sizes. The bigger ones got re-donated as I moved down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Sounds like a good before-workout option. What is the brand?

Quote:
Let's hope this is just the Ketosis Flu and you'll rebound from detox quickly. I sure hope you're not getting sick!! Keep us posted.
Closed Thread