Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 12:54 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Lisa- That is a good idea. I am going to have to see if we have any in my area. I know we have some in the town next to us, I may take a ride there. I know that I would feel so much better in clothes that actually fit!! Trust me though, i'm not complaining! lol
Old 01-21-2015, 12:59 PM   #17  

Kelly:
Clothes that fit will certainly make you feel better!

I had to be "not so picky" as I chose items from resale shops & supplemented with a few new pieces to get all the colors I was looking for but it worked! I had an entirely new wardrobe of clothing that fit much better than the too-big sloppy stuff.

It actually became fun to create outfits. Before WL, I looked at clothing as more utilitarian.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:16 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Kelly:
Clothes that fit will certainly make you feel better!

I had to be "not so picky" as I chose items from resale shops & supplemented with a few new pieces to get all the colors I was looking for but it worked! I had an entirely new wardrobe of clothing that fit much better than the too-big sloppy stuff.

It actually became fun to create outfits. Before WL, I looked at clothing as more utilitarian.
When I first started losing I was so excited to fit into my 16s I had a lot of nice dress clothes, my 14s are all jeans and Khakis. So I went from being extremely over weight and wearing the same few items of clothing every day to dressing up every day and now back in jeans (too baggy jeans). lol

It's interesting to look back, when I fit my size 16s in the past I was working at an office job, when I fit my 14s I was working at a doctor's office and wore scrubs and khakis so I didn't really have a need for dressy clothes. It felt good to wear nice clothes and feel good about myself. I am excited about creating outfits and have been checking out pinterest for ideas. I'm off Friday (a rarity for me!!) so I think I will go clothes hunting!
Old 01-21-2015, 01:28 PM   #19  
IP Restart 1/4/16

S/C/G: 213.5/191.2/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan2 View Post
I made it though week 1 and today is the start of week 2. I have not felt like a sick kid in a very long time and I just couldn't mange to get myself out of bed to go to the clinic for my first WI. I realize it is flu season, but its hard not to try to convince yourself that part of the reason I have become ill is my new healthy living week. I hope to get though this fast and that my 2 week WI/measurements makes me jump for joy. Its hard not to feel down at the moment, I am trying to turn my thought around. Anyways, I am not usually a participator, so I gave myself a goal of posting at least once a week. Perhaps venting will help my mind frame.
I hope that everyone else has a good day.
Megan2, The first week was really tough for me, headaches, lethargy, and additionally a sinus infection. There were times that I wanted to quit, but honestly this forum helped me stay strong. I am only on week three, but I am so glad that I stuck with it. I know it is tough, but you can/will do it. It will be worth it in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post

I had a wonderful NSV yesterday. My size 14 jeans are starting to fall off, I have to wear a belt, so I went shopping yesterday and tried on 11/12's and they fit!!!! I couldn't believe it, I can't comprehend it, and I don't "see" it...I had to take a picture to "see" what I really look like. I loved the jeans but didn't end up buying them because they were expensive and I don't want to spend $ on clothes until I am at goal. I'm off Friday so I am going to go find some sales and buy a few pair to tide me over. I briefly fit in a size 12, 7 years ago but I got rid of all of them because I never dreamed that I would be this size again!

I LOVE IP!!! lol
Kellyc14: Congratulations on your NSV New Size Victory lol! The suggestions for thrift and consignment shops are really great. If you have a Unique Thrift or Value Village near you, they usually have a good selection of clothing at great prices.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:29 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
When I first started losing I was so excited to fit into my 16s I had a lot of nice dress clothes, my 14s are all jeans and Khakis. So I went from being extremely over weight and wearing the same few items of clothing every day to dressing up every day and now back in jeans (too baggy jeans). lol

It's interesting to look back, when I fit my size 16s in the past I was working at an office job, when I fit my 14s I was working at a doctor's office and wore scrubs and khakis so I didn't really have a need for dressy clothes. It felt good to wear nice clothes and feel good about myself. I am excited about creating outfits and have been checking out pinterest for ideas. I'm off Friday (a rarity for me!!) so I think I will go clothes hunting!
Congrats Kelly!

Wearing clothes that fit will make you feel so much better as well as showing off the great new shape that you have worked so hard for. I found that wearing clothes that fit made me feel so much better about myself, I wasn't trying to "hide" behind a baggy sweater or jeans. Now I wear lots of form fitting items, leggings even! Definitely check out resale shops or consignment stores. There are lots of good bargains and when you keep shedding those pounds take 'em back and get smaller sizes! Clothes shopping is fun now, whereas before in Plus size, it was just find something. Now there is so much more variety.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:33 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Ha! I had 3 pair of pants on this morning before I finally settled on one that didn't make my butt look ginormous! LOL... I hate that the waist on some is too big but the hips fit then some the waist is too tight Ugh....anyway 2 of the 3 I tried on went right into the donate pile. No sense in trying them on again at a later date!

Trying to get my packing done for my trip this weekend...another story LOL....Not loving the way things fit. Feeling like skirts are looking weird on me right now....Anyway I need to drum up 3 fancy outfits of what is left in my closet that fits! We have rehearsal dinner, actual wedding & then an after party (more casual but still dressy) Ugh. I will be happy to get some Jeans back on for the flight home Sunday LOL.... I do have 3 pair of jeans right now that fit awsome.....do you think they will mind if I wear them to the wedding?? LOL

Anyway I am trying to limp thru the rest of winter with my wardrobe. I know spring is going to find me with nothing in my closet. Considering I was significantly heavier last spring. I have been buying some stuff that is smaller when I see it on clearance, but certainly not enough....and I am most certain that none of my shorts will fit. I guess I never made it into a summer slim because I had no excess in that department! LOL
Old 01-21-2015, 02:18 PM   #22  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

I stopped by a Goodwill earlier this week and was pleasantly surprised at the selection of clothes. I had to look carefully, but got a couple of things from Coldwater Creek, J.Jill and other brands I like. I came home with 2 pairs of jeans in a size 12. They are an off brand, with some elastic in the waist (which I still need as I am losing inches top down - waiting for the waist and hips to catch up). But, they were cheap and in good shape so it won't matter if they only fit for a month or two.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:27 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 211/179/170

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Morning all!! Did an "insanity" class let night, weight-lifting session with my trainer this am, I'm starving!! IP shake before and after but sitting here eating head of romaine lettuce, no lie! Has anyone tried the Whey Isolate protein gel as an alternative? Only 80 calories, I stick it in my gym bag for right after the workout. It has a resealable top so really convenient and less than $2 each.
100% Premium Whey Isolate
20g Protein
Over 4g BCAAs from Protein
0g Sugar
0g Fat
have you tried those IP Mangosteen packets to replenish your electrolytes during your workout? I put them in my water and workout and it makes a huge difference. I usually workout in the morning around 9am and have my breakfast right before, then after I have my snack and then usually have lunch an hour later, so I am never hungry, lol

plus I have another snack before supper because I have 4 IPs on workout days.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:31 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan2 View Post
I made it though week 1 and today is the start of week 2. I have not felt like a sick kid in a very long time and I just couldn't mange to get myself out of bed to go to the clinic for my first WI. I realize it is flu season, but its hard not to try to convince yourself that part of the reason I have become ill is my new healthy living week. I hope to get though this fast and that my 2 week WI/measurements makes me jump for joy. Its hard not to feel down at the moment, I am trying to turn my thought around. Anyways, I am not usually a participator, so I gave myself a goal of posting at least once a week. Perhaps venting will help my mind frame.
I hope that everyone else has a good day.
Hopefully you start to feel better soon. My first week I was tired, drained and cranky but it is totally a different feeling than a sick feeling. Does your body ache at all? Hopefully your WI is positive and you start feeling better!
Old 01-21-2015, 02:33 PM   #25  

Quote:
Megan2!!!

I had a wonderful NSV yesterday. My size 14 jeans are starting to fall off, I have to wear a belt, so I went shopping yesterday and tried on 11/12's and they fit!!!! I couldn't believe it, I can't comprehend it, and I don't "see" it...I had to take a picture to "see" what I really look like. I loved the jeans but didn't end up buying them because they were expensive and I don't want to spend $ on clothes until I am at goal. I'm off Friday so I am going to go find some sales and buy a few pair to tide me over. I briefly fit in a size 12, 7 years ago but I got rid of all of them because I never dreamed that I would be this size again!

I LOVE IP!!! lol

big huge CONGRATS!!!
Old 01-21-2015, 02:39 PM   #26  

Speaking of clothing, I have always had a hard time with clothes. I carry my weight well and find because I am taller I have to wear tight fitting clothes or I look like an amazon. Thankfully I was blessed with a tall upper body so I can get away with wearing tight fitting clothes so when my size changes, my clothes are just more comfortable because they stretch, lol
Old 01-21-2015, 03:02 PM   #27  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Lisa - the brand is Six Star pro nutrition
http://www.sixstarpro.com/products/s...e-protein-gel/
They sell it at Walmart.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:09 PM   #28  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

jstbkuz I haven't tried the IP Mangpsteen - I'll check it out as I am really dragging butt today!

I have found that Goodwill and Salvation Army were lifesavers on the program - I went from size 14 to size 6 (2-4 in pants) and those two shops saved me in the shorts, jackets and capris area when I was in the size 10 -8 range.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:09 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstbkuz View Post
have you tried those IP Mangosteen packets to replenish your electrolytes during your workout? I put them in my water and workout and it makes a huge difference. I usually workout in the morning around 9am and have my breakfast right before, then after I have my snack and then usually have lunch an hour later, so I am never hungry, lol

plus I have another snack before supper because I have 4 IPs on workout days.
I've never seen these packets -- are there different flavors? Any alternatives to them that folks like?
Old 01-21-2015, 03:11 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Lisa - the brand is Six Star pro nutrition
http://www.sixstarpro.com/products/s...e-protein-gel/
They sell it at Walmart.
Is fruit punch the only flavor?
This looks like a great IP substitute!
Closed Thread