Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 06:45 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat

IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-20-2015, 07:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 194/141/125

Height: 5'

Good morning, everyone! Feeling positive today! It doesn't hurt that we have flip-flop weather for the 4th day in a row.

I am starting to really notice results and am happily shopping in my closet. I figure can shop in my closet until spring break, and then I'm going to have to shop A LITTLE......just enough to get me to the next milestone.

Have a great Tuesday!
Old 01-20-2015, 08:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/145.6/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all! WI today, really struggling to stay OP lately. Went to my annual check-up yesterday. My doctor was very pleased and proud to see my progress. He is so supportive. Just really need prayers for my continued success and strength to stay with it. Will post my WI after lunch.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:38 AM   #4  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Nice to feel and see progress MizBeadz!

First weigh in on Phase 2 - down 2.4 for a total of 117! Feeling good! Want to drop 1.2 this week and move into phase 3 at 170. Feeling good and now starting to plan my Phase 3 breakfasts!
Old 01-20-2015, 08:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/179/170

Height: 5'10

Good morning all☺️
I hope your WI's go well today ladies, it's that day for me also.

I start w3 in the morning and I can honestly say it feels soooo good. I added a few workouts this week and have so much energy. I also had an exta IP right before and right after my workouts which gave me a boost. I feel tighter this week too and I'm curious to see what my body analysis says.
My friends laugh at me because I am a geneticist and they say "only you would try to train your body" because through trial and error I'm trying to figure out if I can fit in a few workouts a week with ectra IPs and still keep my body in ketosis.

At any rate, I feel really good this morning.

What are some of your favorite IPs? I get to shop for more today. I am really feeling the chocolate shakes, brocolli cheese soup and premade puddings, but I may get bored with just that all week, lol
Old 01-20-2015, 08:51 AM   #6  
Rebooting Mode

S/C/G: 227/223/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post

First weigh in on Phase 2 - down 2.4 for a total of 117! Feeling good! Want to drop 1.2 this week and move into phase 3 at 170. Feeling good and now starting to plan my Phase 3 breakfasts!
WOW!! 117 lbs is wonderful!!! Congratulations and thank you for the inspiration today!!

____

Good Morning!!! I'm 5 days into week 3 and starting to see/feel some progress! I'm waiting until Friday to WI, but had a NSV this morning with a pair of pants I've stayed OP, but got a little lazy with my food scale this weekend...just reminding myself that I don't quite have a handle on eye-balling amounts yet. Sipping my first cup of green tea this morning and finally warming up!

Wishing everyone an OP day!
Karen
Old 01-20-2015, 08:59 AM   #7  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Good morning all!

Buster2014 - HANG IN THERE!! you're doing great, I know it can get tedious. You are changing habits of a long lifetime so it's going to take time but you are taking such good care of yourself.

Jstbkuz - others with more experience can chime in here but as long as your extra food is all protein, you should stay in ketosis. I worked out while in P1 after the 1st month, very tired for a while, it took time to adjust and to figure out when to eat - for me, I couldn't eat before, just after.

Have a great OP day guys!

E
Old 01-20-2015, 09:45 AM   #8  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Rayze congrats on losing in P2!!

justbkuz - Everyone's tastes are different but I usually do cappacino, chocolate, and wildberry yogurt drinks. Then I love the BBQ crisps - it's easy to bring for lunch when you're on the go, I like the chicken and mushroom soups, and pretty much all of the restricted items haha!

I had my weigh in yesterday, down 4lbs and 2% BF!! I'm so excited. I shopped my closet this morning and my size 12 jeans fit...12's!! I've been overweight my whole life and I've never been a size 12 in my adult life. I did quite a happy dance, I think my dog thought I was insane. Now I have to go get them hemmed ASAP before I'm a 10. I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
Old 01-20-2015, 09:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/138 - 2012; Reboot 175/140

Height: 5"4

Happy OP everyone. Congrats Rayze on your continued losss on P2 and you will sooo enjoy P3.

Had a horrible night with my 8 y/o. She had a sinus headache and would beg me to take it away. Finally, the tylenol kicked in when I got up and was going to give her advil. DH put the humidifier and a cold compress on her head. Then my 6 y/o had an accident in her bed.

I'm just one of those that need uniterrupted sleep... I had to apologize for being a grump this morning.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:06 AM   #10  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Morning everyone. Rayze, congrats on the continued losses, you're doing awesome. Enjoy P3!

Down a over 2 pounds this morning since last week even with TOM. Feeling pretty crampy today, but happy to see the progress on the scale and in my inches. Hoping this means I'll have a bigger loss next week. Hopefully only three or four weeks left of the reboot.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 01-20-2015, 10:07 AM   #11  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Morning All.

Got a bod pod appointment tomorrow via the Army Wellness Center, to get a true body composition analysis with a VO2max test and then, in a week or so the results are given at a Understanding Your Metabolism class. As part of the program they also give dietary and exercise advice for losing weight and building muscle. I already explained my program, but I suspect I'll have to go through it all again. Drawback is that I can't eat for at least 5 hours before the test and it's a 10am appointment, so I'll either have to get up so early that my eyes aren't open when I eat, or I'll have to starve until after the appointment (an hour) and then make sure I get my protein shake in before Week 2 Day 1 of C25K. I have a feeling that tomorrow's going to be a long day.

Good luck to those with Tuesday WI, hope the scales and/or tape measure are kind to you!
Old 01-20-2015, 10:50 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Morning all!!

Kimo - I commented in our other thread, but AWESOME weigh in today!! Congrats!!!

jstbkuz - what kind of workouts are you doing? I need to get my butt in gear!

momat - I hope your day gets better, those kiddos are a lot of work but SO worth it. Hopefully you little one gets over the headache today too, that would be so hard.

pishposh - awesome weigh in! Your stats are a true inspiration!

-----------------------------------

Alright ladies, I am getting SO bored with my food. I need to spice it up a bit. Anyone have any great websites or anything? The recipe threads are a bit overwhelming...
Old 01-20-2015, 11:40 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayze View Post

Good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstbkuz View Post
Good morning all☺️
I hope your WI's go well today ladies, it's that day for me also.

I start w3 in the morning and I can honestly say it feels soooo good. I added a few workouts this week and have so much energy. I also had an exta IP right before and right after my workouts which gave me a boost. I feel tighter this week too and I'm curious to see what my body analysis says.
My friends laugh at me because I am a geneticist and they say "only you would try to train your body" because through trial and error I'm trying to figure out if I can fit in a few workouts a week with ectra IPs and still keep my body in ketosis.

At any rate, I feel really good this morning.

What are some of your favorite IPs? I get to shop for more today. I am really feeling the chocolate shakes, brocolli cheese soup and premade puddings, but I may get bored with just that all week, lol
Love the BBQ soy nuts, brownie and pre made chocolate pudding....yummy
Not a huge fan of the soups, but like the chicken once in a while. I love the chocolate chip pancakes and have made them into muffins too.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:56 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 245/188/175

Height: 5'5

So happy! My first weigh-in was Saturday and I lost 10lbs, 6.2lbs of fat! Crazy Aside from feeling a little naseous today, I feel much better than I did the first week.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:54 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstbkuz View Post
I really like the IP chicken soup over the broccoli cheese... I feel like I can mix it up more than with the others. One time I added peppers and fajita meat to it and made more of a Tex-Mex tasting soup, and some days I will just add some broccoli when I need something basic. I feel like it has a better "base" taste than some of the other soups, so you can jazz it up a bit more with spices and veggies.

I also like doing half an orange and half a peach-mango drink. It doesn't taste SUPER different from either drink on their own, but it breaks up the monotony without having to buy more products. I LOVE the lemon wafers and will be trying a sample pack of the rotini soon--hope it's good!! I can picture eating that with a little vinegar, cucumbers, onions, and whatever else to make a pasta salad. YUM!
Closed Thread