Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 01:35 PM   #91  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzubie View Post

Does anyone know where I can get the 2014 Phase I (and the others as well) sheet? I went to the sticky on the first page, but I see that one is from 2011 and that's the one that I'm going by. I didn't have a great loss this week (-1) and I'm wondering if there's something I shouldn't/should be eating. Thanks!
They are located in the FAQ sticky thread at the top of the forum, on the last page

But you are very likely doing just fine. Weight loss is NOT linear, you will have big loss weeks and low loss weeks. it's totally normal! Your body needs to adjust along the way when you lose a lot of weight. Very often when I have slow loss weeks, I have lost big inches - so make sure you are measuring too! The weight loss story is NOT just told on the scale!

Last edited by scorbett1103; 01-29-2015 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:45 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

OK, November gals -- we can do this! Valentine's Day is 2 weeks from Saturday -- let's see what we can do in those two weeks!

Teags -- yes, I'm recommitting too! kimo -- great idea to try out new recipes; I'm going to do the same. vzubie, I see you already have a Valentine's Day mini-goal -- good for you! Mine is to be moving on to P2 by then.

I have got to get back to taking this more seriously though -- in other words, back to writing down everything I eat/drink (I stopped about a month ago) and making sure to get all the water and supplements in (got a little lazy on that). Will also try to get used to MFP, as it sounds like that's going to be important in later phases.

Let's get energized and get that commitment back! This has worked so well for us so far. We are so lucky to have gotten the head start we did by beginning before the holidays -- now, let's not fall behind. We'll be loving it when Spring rolls around and we can show off our progress! Will be a great Valentine to ourselves
Old 01-29-2015, 02:04 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Thanks for the encouragement ladies! You girls are so strong, I need that right now! Mimi - you're right, spring is right around the corner, how great would it be to be DONE phase 1 by then?!?

I am so far 100% OP today, it's only lunch but for the past few days I had been putting things other than milk/sweetener in my AM coffee, so noon is good, lol!

I didn't bring a lunch today and had to buy something, which was tempting. I so wanted to get Chinese or a burger. I didn't give in though and got salad which I put my homemade dressing on. That with my IP jello hopefully should do the trick!

Took out chicken breasts for dinner tonight, not quite sure what I will do with them yet, but I'll figure it out.

Thanks again ladies, you girls are so great!
Old 01-29-2015, 02:30 PM   #94  

By the way, I sometimes check out the Maintainers' thread to see what they've been eating, etc., and it looks like this week was problematic for a lot of them, too. Must be something in the air….
Old 01-29-2015, 09:19 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Maybe there is something in the air, Mimi! How are you feeling about maintenance? Is it scary?

I'm happy to report I am still 100% OP. Taking it one day at a time now, making sure I stick to it feels pretty good. And the darn ketosis headache just isn't worth it! LOL!
Old 01-29-2015, 09:24 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 216/203/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
They are located in the FAQ sticky thread at the top of the forum, on the last page

But you are very likely doing just fine. Weight loss is NOT linear, you will have big loss weeks and low loss weeks. it's totally normal! Your body needs to adjust along the way when you lose a lot of weight. Very often when I have slow loss weeks, I have lost big inches - so make sure you are measuring too! The weight loss story is NOT just told on the scale!
Thanks so much scorbett!
Old 01-29-2015, 10:08 PM   #97  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeagsC View Post
Maybe there is something in the air, Mimi! How are you feeling about maintenance? Is it scary?
Looks totally scary! Not really in a huge hurry to get there (except it means that I'll be at my goal weight).

Tomorrow's Friday -- keep it up, y'all!
Old 01-30-2015, 09:32 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 183/170/130

Height: 5'5" (age 32)

Mimi you're so close to your goal! That's incredible! Good for you!

Teags and others, I'm feeling about as bored with IP as you are, and I've definitely gotten lazy. How bad is this - I lost my food journal, but I didn't realize it for about 4 days. Oops! Once I noticed, I tried to put everything I could remember into MFP. I'm also going to hit up some of those recipes kimo posted, and I just ordered a spiralizer, so I'm hoping that that might at least make the same old food look like something new and exciting! haha.

Those of you who have a spiralizer, what do you make with it besides zucchini? The recipes I've seen so far have apples or sweet potato and that'll be great for post-IP, but not OP. Would love some food suggestions.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:46 AM   #99  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Happy Friday all!! I did my Friday morning weigh in at home this morning - I'm up lbs even though I'm 100%. I have to assume this is the TOM bloat, water retention but if I have no losses at my monday weigh in that will be 2 weeks with no losses (I only lost .5 inch last week at my weigh in). In these last 2 weeks I've started weightlifting again so I'm wondering if maybe that's partially the cause. That and this is my first month off birth control so I'm wondering if that's part of the issue too. I'm going to keep on trucking and I'm a little bummed but I'm definitely not discouraged. Going off plan is not going to make me lose weight but staying on will (eventually!). Hopefully this stage passes soon.

On another note, made sweet fauxtato pie last night for dinner...it was soo good! I used IP maple syrup to sweeten it.

Wishing everyone a great Friday!
Old 01-30-2015, 09:49 AM   #100  
Started IP 11/26/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaPetiteChoux View Post
Those of you who have a spiralizer, what do you make with it besides zucchini? The recipes I've seen so far have apples or sweet potato and that'll be great for post-IP, but not OP. Would love some food suggestions.
I just bought a spiralizer too! I was wondering what other veg to use in it besides zucchini too...I'll let you know if I see any great IP friendly recipes that use anything other than zucchini.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:05 AM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo88 View Post
I just bought a spiralizer too! I was wondering what other veg to use in it besides zucchini too...I'll let you know if I see any great IP friendly recipes that use anything other than zucchini.
I've seen people do cukes.
Turnips?
Small Rutabaga?
Broccoli stalks?
jicama?
Kohlrabi?
Radishes?
Old 01-30-2015, 10:06 AM   #102  

Thanks, MPC -- does indeed feel good.
Like you and kimo, I just got a spiralizer too! Have only used it on zucchini, but that was pretty darn fun. I guess cucumbers would work just fine, if you wanted something pretty on top of your salad, but I think I'll mainly use it to provide a pasta-like texture to dishes using zukes or yellow squash.

And, kimo -- Try to stay positive (you actually always are!). I bet it is the added weightlifting that's just adding to your lean body mass. Will you be able to have that measured at Monday's WI?

Last edited by Mimi47; 01-30-2015 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:14 AM   #103  
Started IP 11/26/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I've seen people do cukes.
Turnips?
Small Rutabaga?
Broccoli stalks?
jicama?
Kohlrabi?
Radishes?
Thanks Lisa! I really need to get my hands on a jicama and give it a try. I hear such wonderful things. I love the idea of brocolli stalks!! Currently I throw mine away since they end up so tough. That's a great way to use the whole brocolli! (I hate throwing away food).
Old 01-30-2015, 10:15 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 267/234/145

Height: 5'4"

Love my spiralizer! I have become addicted to zucchini noodles! Also, use it for turnips. Didn't work so well for me with the Rutabega.

I hear you on the "getting bored" piece. I'm 81 days in. But, to stay positive I record everything, everyday on MFP. I know we don't need to do that right now in P1, but it does really helps me stay focued and to see what I'm eating. And the results are proving that recording and staying on top of it matters!
Old 01-30-2015, 10:21 AM   #105  
Started IP 11/26/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi47 View Post
And, kimo -- Try to stay positive (you actually always are!). I bet it is the added weightlifting that's just adding to your lean body mass. Will you be able to have that measured at Monday's WI?
Yeah my clinic does that, last week I didn't gain any lean mass but this week hopefully I will have gained some. I bought a fitbit aria scale online that calculates BF% too (not a perfect number so I'm just going to use it to trend my lean mass gains not my actualy BF%) so that will be able to help me figure out what's going on with my weight. Now, just patiently waiting for the scale to arrive and continuing to pump that iron.
Closed Thread