Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 04:36 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 183/170/130

Height: 5'5" (age 32)

Kimo, so sorry to hear about your terrible tenants! My fiancé and I are starting to talk about finding a multi-unit place once we're ready to buy a house, and that sounds like my worst nightmare. Glad they'll be out soon! Hope the jeans shopping went well, so exciting to have some new sizes!

---------
I hit some of the lingering after-Christmas sales this week and was absolutely astonished to put on a size 6. Like, I had to check the tag. I started at about a 12-14 and still have another 25 lbs to go, but I just can't imagine that I'd keep dropping sizes. I'm hippy, I have boobs. What's with these tiny sizes? I look at myself and know I've lost some serious weight, but I also still see plenty of tummy and arm meat. I'm really not sure what size I'll end up at, but I swear that the last time I weighed 135, I was about a size 6. That was almost 9 years ago, but is it possible that sizing standards have changed that much since then? I can't imagine being a size 2, so I'm kind of thinking that at some point I'll hit my "frame" size and that I'll just slim out from there without dropping as many sizes. This is such strange new territory for me! Are you all finding that your brain hasn't yet caught up to your losses? I still see myself at my starting weight in my mind, and when I get in front of a mirror, I think, oh right! There I am!
Old 01-26-2015, 09:47 AM   #77  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Teags - I went to Penticton/Kelowna. It was a lot of fun. It was a surprise birthday thing and she was definitely surprised!

The only thing I bought on my trip was candles from bath and body works...I went to american eagle looking for 12 regulars and 10 regulars. They had the 10's but the 12's were all short hems so I decided to try them on for fit and buy them online (which I did last night!). When I tried other jeans stores in the mall I found the jeans to either be crappy quality or too expensive considering I won't fit them for long...I'll definitely have to make a trip to a bigger city when I'm at goal!

Hmm123 - When I'm home alone I definitely appreciate my house a lot more than I did before, I can't wait to see what I feel like when the house it my own again!!

MaPetiteChoux - Size 6! Holy smokes! That's so awesome!! I don't think the sizes have changed much in 9 years, you're rocking it! I'm finding my brain hasn't caught up to my losses too! This weekend everyone was commenting on how great I looked and how I lost a lot of weight, which was a great feeling, but I don't see myself like that unless I stand in front of a mirror in form fitting clothes, then it's like "oh!"

Anyway hope everyone has a great week!
Old 01-26-2015, 10:15 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Happy Monday ladies!!!

MaPetiteChoux - OMG, size 6!!! HAPPY DANCE! That's awesome, must have felt pretty darn good. I hear ya about still being at your starting weight in your mind. I look in the mirror and think 'when am I going to have that perfect, tight, 20 year old body'. LOL! I know it's never going to happen, but I still want it!

Kimo - sounds like you had an awesome trip. I loooove Penticton and Kelowna. We spend some time up there in the summer and it's always so nice. Sorry about the jeans, maybe next time will be more successful.

------------------------------------

I had a really good weekend, buuuut, made a few bad decisions. We had a big party saturday night that's an annual birthday party and I drank (vodka) and ate a few things I shouldn't have. Then in a total moment of weakness last night I had a blizzard. NOOOOO!!! It was amazing, I only had half the small, but I still feel terrible about it. However, it has motivated me to get my lazy butt to the gym today. I brought my workout gear and will go at lunch. Hopefully minimize my damage for this week.

Also - have recommitted to be 100% OP until Valentines day. Not one bite, lick, or taste of anything banned. Here's to staying strong!
Old 01-26-2015, 01:10 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 216/203/180

Height: 5'8"

MaPetiteChoux - Way to go!!

Kimo - Glad you had a lovely trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeagsC View Post
I had a really good weekend, buuuut, made a few bad decisions. We had a big party saturday night that's an annual birthday party and I drank (vodka) and ate a few things I shouldn't have. Then in a total moment of weakness last night I had a blizzard. NOOOOO!!! It was amazing, I only had half the small, but I still feel terrible about it. However, it has motivated me to get my lazy butt to the gym today. I brought my workout gear and will go at lunch. Hopefully minimize my damage for this week.

Also - have recommitted to be 100% OP until Valentines day. Not one bite, lick, or taste of anything banned. Here's to staying strong!
Try not to be too hard on yourself, Teags. At least you realized that you slipped and you're back on the horse today. I always have a problem on weekends. I love my beer and every Friday night, my hubby and I go to our local pub to chat about our week (we work different shifts) and I find myself having a couple of pints. I always make sure to have a good chicken dinner while I'm there so I don't come down to hard on myself. It's a tradition that I love and quite honestly, hate the thought of breaking.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:37 PM   #80  

Thanks, Vzubie! I agree that you can't lose those nights with your hubby. The party on Saturday is an annual event and I didn't feel bad about that one. The blizzard was a totally last minute bad decision that I know I could have avoided.

Anyway, like I said, back on the horse.

I had a great workout today, helped relieve some work stress and just felt good to be active. I have decided that I am prepared to deal with slower losses from exercise as I increase my strength and lean muscle mass.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:04 PM   #81  
Mistress of my destiny

S/C/G: 234.6/166.2/154

Height: 5'6"

Quiet on this thread today. I hope everyone is doing well. No WI due to the weather. Home scale looks good, but that seems to have no relation to the official readings.

Stay warm, stay safe, stay OP!
Old 01-28-2015, 09:48 AM   #82  
Mistress of my destiny

Where did everybody go? It's not like us to be quiet for 2 whole days!

I'm making the rhubarb crumble today. I have one more "snow day" before I have to go back to work and I'm hankering for something different and sweet. I hope this is as yummy as folks say.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday!
Old 01-28-2015, 10:01 AM   #83  
Started IP 11/26/2014

I'm here! Trying to keep posting but I've been busy! Let me know how the crumble works out! I wanted to make the crumble but my clinic ran out of maple oatmeal!!!! I use it all the time for muffins and my mom has started to love the muffins we make out of it so I'm extremely bummed that they didn't have the packet. Guess the crumble is happening next week for me!

I weighed myself this morning (I usually only weigh myself at home on Friday mornings but due to my TOM I want to see what my pattern is so I can remember it for the future). I'm down a pound from Monday which is good, so I'm definitely losing weight, hopefully this bloating will go away though oh my gosh.

On a plus side, I woke up this morning to find out my mom had won a trip to mexico in an NHL game. I'm so extremely excited for her and my dad. They work so hard and they deserve it!

I hope everyone is having a great week so far!
Old 01-28-2015, 03:13 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 183/170/130

Height: 5'5" (age 32)

Hi all! Thanks for the cheerleading! Kimo, that's so cool for your parents! Having just ridden out the blizzard here in the Northeast, some sand and sun is sounding pretty good to me right about now.

It looks like a bunch of us joined the 25 by Spring challenge. Are you ladies posting much there? I've just been updating the spreadsheet for the most part. Loved seeing that so many of us joined that challenge - we're a determined bunch! I think something about sticking with IP through two holidays has made this post-holiday stretch feel that much easier.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:56 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 165/145.6/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by etherbunny View Post
Where did everybody go? It's not like us to be quiet for 2 whole days!

I'm making the rhubarb crumble today. I have one more "snow day" before I have to go back to work and I'm hankering for something different and sweet. I hope this is as yummy as folks say.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday!
Rhubarb crumble sounds yummy. Can I get the recipe?
Old 01-28-2015, 11:16 PM   #86  
Mistress of my destiny

I just tweaked the recipe posted in another thread.

2 cups rhubarb
1 squirt of Mio Berry (original recipe says to use WF strawberry syrup which I didn't have)
1 IP crispy cereal packet, crushed a bit to break up the krispies (or maple oatmeal packet)
1 packet stevia
1/2 tsp cinnamon

In a small casserole dish, microwave the rhubarb until squishy (mine was frozen solid. nuked for 3 min, stirred and then 3 more min. adjust as needed). Stir in the berry flavoring

In a separate bowl, mix the IP packet, stevia, and cinnamon.

Sprinkle the IP mixture over the rhubarb. Bake in a 350 deg oven for about 20 min. The rhubarb juices will bubble up through the crumble mixture a bit. Serve warm.

Counts as 2 cups veg and 1 IP packet. It was yummy!

Last edited by etherbunny; 01-28-2015 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:37 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Been reading everyday, even if I haven't had a chance to post. What a busy (yet, at the same time, slooooww) week this has been. Got some snow but no snow days. Just seems to have made everyone more tired than normal in our house. And I feel like I have just been famished all week (which is really strange, since I haven't really felt hungry while on IP up til now). Must be the weather plus pms. Hoping like you, kimo, that my bloatedness dissipates soon.

MaPetite -- Awesome that you're in Size 6s! What a feeling! I'm trying to work up the nerve to go try on some skinny jeans somewhere. I always get a boot cut to balance out the visual, but I'm kinda curious to see if I can get some skinnies over my thighs now.

Teags and vzubie -- I'm with y'all on the need to occasionally bend the rules in the interest of a little social happiness I managed pretty well at that fancy dinner last week and did not notice much change, up or down on the scale. However, a couple nights later, I got a little cocky and allowed myself some leeway again and had a couple of glasses of wine. Well, let me tell you what a trigger that was for me that night! Perhaps because of pms, but those glasses just exaggerated any cravings I had at that point -- first I wanted chocolate, then salty and crunchy. I did not eat any of those things, but instead, ridiculously decided another glass of wine would help. Just one bad decision after another! Fortunately, the headache I had the next morning just underscored the lesson I learned. This has probably contributed to the bloat and sluggishness I've felt this week. DH leaves town tomorrow for a couple of nights, and I'm actually looking forward to staying totally OP and not having any temptations. Will just stay focused on that and my c25k training. Of course, then SuperBowl Sunday rolls around….

Anyway, enjoy the tail end of this week, all! Wishing everyone (myself included) good decisions.

Last edited by Mimi47; 01-29-2015 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:19 PM   #88  

Hi ladies - I am here too, just been insane crazy at work.

Trying to stay OP, but honestly it's been hard. I don't know what is up with me lately. Today is a new day and doing great so far. Recommited hopefully? Had enough of this one day on one day little cheats one day big cheats! It's too hard, waaaay easier just to stick to it 100%.

I'm trying ladies! I just don't seem to have the willpower I had in the beginning. :S
Old 01-29-2015, 01:03 PM   #89  
Started IP 11/26/2014

Teags check out the recipe thread. Over the next few days I'm going to make beanless deer chili, chicken thai peanut butter stir fry, apple oatmeal biscuits, chocolate zucchini muffins with WF carmel drizzle on top, sweet fauxtato pie and pork tenderloin with zoodles and pesto. I'm hoping that changing up what I'm eating will help prevent diet fatigue. I'm also doing it to prevent my mom from getting diet fatigue... so I'm hoping these dishes will help.

Last edited by kimo88; 01-29-2015 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:08 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 216/203/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi47 View Post
Teags and vzubie -- I'm with y'all on the need to occasionally bend the rules in the interest of a little social happiness I managed pretty well at that fancy dinner last week and did not notice much change, up or down on the scale. However, a couple nights later, I got a little cocky and allowed myself some leeway again and had a couple of glasses of wine. Well, let me tell you what a trigger that was for me that night! Perhaps because of pms, but those glasses just exaggerated any cravings I had at that point -- first I wanted chocolate, then salty and crunchy. I did not eat any of those things, but instead, ridiculously decided another glass of wine would help. Just one bad decision after another! Fortunately, the headache I had the next morning just underscored the lesson I learned. This has probably contributed to the bloat and sluggishness I've felt this week. DH leaves town tomorrow for a couple of nights, and I'm actually looking forward to staying totally OP and not having any temptations. Will just stay focused on that and my c25k training. Of course, then SuperBowl Sunday rolls around….

Anyway, enjoy the tail end of this week, all! Wishing everyone (myself included) good decisions.
I know how easily that can happen, Mimi. Before getting back on track this month, it was very easy for me to get out of control with binges. I have thankfully been able to keep the number of beers down and have avoided situations where I might have one. Just can't give up the time with my hubby, though. It's our "thing". We all slip up from time to time - the main thing is that you're back at it. Don't be too hard on yourself!

Teags, hang in there. I know it's been a rough week for you, but you'll come around. You have done an amazing job and you are such an inspiration to us all! I have faith that you'll turn this around! We're here for you!

Does anyone know where I can get the 2014 Phase I (and the others as well) sheet? I went to the sticky on the first page, but I see that one is from 2011 and that's the one that I'm going by. I didn't have a great loss this week (-1) and I'm wondering if there's something I shouldn't/should be eating. Thanks!
Closed Thread