Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 01:28 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo88 View Post
It's so funny how everyone has different tastes. My friend just started IP last week and it seems that all the non restricted items that I love, she doesn't like, and the ones she loves are take it or leave it for me. Fortunately I like most of the things on IP, just some more than others. The only thing I could barely get down was the banana pudding.
I have a friend that started two weeks ago and she hates the food. I think she found one restricted bar that she likes. She's probably not going to last long. I feel bad and try to encourage her. I tell her to give it a little time, her tastes will change and she may actually come to like the taste of some of the IP food.

I am LOVING the chocolate coconut bar!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2015, 05:19 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessM928 View Post
SO I started Nov again with you guys and a week before Christmas I got so sick of the veggies and started skipping them and just stopped the diet. I was down 15lbs at the time tho I haven't updated since. I just can't get motivated to get back on the diet. Please help me. I haven't gained much back but I still have 1 pant size I want to lose....I know, im just crying a river lol
Try changing up your veggies, buy something brand new to you - like jicama or fennel, or throw spinach into your protein smoothie (if you make one). Use hot sauces and soy sauce and mustards or herb infused vinegar on them (all P1 approved). Change how you eat your veggies, try raw, or roasted with garlic cloves. Check out the recipe threads and try a bit of packet hacking. Remember where you started and how far you have come. Take a look at some old photos and look at the changes you made. Think about how your clothes feel and how much more freer your movement or exercise is. Paint your nails & do your hair, read a good book, phone an uplifting friend (not the whiny one, you need some encouragement) and talk about good stuff. Sounds like you are just feeling a bit down and could use a refocus on positives.
Just start now - one meal at a time and cheer yourself on after every on-plan meal! We'll help you out here!

Liana
Old 01-17-2015, 08:55 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

I think that's great advice, Liana!!

Wellllll, had my 11th week weigh in and I lost 3.6. I am pretty happy as that puts me only a few decimal pounds away from 40 lbs down!! YAHOOOOO!!

Had THE most amazing dinner tonight too, got a recipe from Ideally You for Korean Bulgoki and OMG, it was the best thing I had in a looooong time. We made it with cauliflower fried rice which I added mushrooms and green onions to and my goodness was I a happy lady, lol!

How's the weekend for everyone so far?
Old 01-17-2015, 09:02 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

40 lbs is amazing, Teags!!! Congratulations! So happy for you. And your bulgogi sounds yum -- will have to look that up. Enjoyed movie and dinner out tonight with my boys and now having quiet game night by the fire. DD has final night of sorority rush at her college tonight, so a little nervous/excited for her. So glad it's a long weekend.
Old 01-17-2015, 09:54 PM   #20  

Thanks, Mimi! You are so darn close to your goal, that must feel amazing!

Sounds like you had a great day/night with your kids. What's the long weekend there? I'm jealous, I could use one too! Did you manage to avoid the popcorn??
Old 01-17-2015, 10:42 PM   #21  

no popcorn for me! I took a sliced-up peanut butter bar to the movies with me…and water. It helps that even my "dates" (my hubby and son) did not bother with the popcorn. They are both well over 6' and skinny, so they could afford it if they wanted, but thankfully, they weren't interested. (Haha -- maybe that's the secret! I'm the one who always wanted popcorn!). It's MLK Day on Monday, so everyone here in the DC area has the day off. And, yes, the most amazing part of this feeling is how awesome it is to fit into clothes that I have not worn in so many years! Have not bought "skinny jeans" yet though, as someone else mentioned. Maybe in a few weeks…. Y'all having a good weekend??
Old 01-17-2015, 10:49 PM   #22  
Mistress of my destiny

S/C/G: 234.6/166.2/154

Height: 5'6"

Congrats, Teags! 40lbs is an amazing loss! You are an inspiration. Your loss has propelled me to re-examine my food journal. You and I started only 2 weeks apart and I am far behind you in lbs lost. I know everyone loses differently but obviously I could do better. It has been pointed out to me that eating too little is as bad as eating too much. So I am rededicating myself to following the plan. Measuring, not eyeballing my veggies; fitting in all 8 oz of protein; getting all 3 packets and all my water in every day. That 3rd packet is tough for me! Right now I have veg roasting in the oven, a double packet of doctored IP chili on the stove (for 2 lunches), and a caulifower "casserole" baking. Plus I'm roasting turnip to finally try the sweet fauxtato recipe. Tomorrow I'm going to work on the frozen rhubarb I finally found. Hopefully all this will jumpstart my palate and make being 100% OP easier.

It's Martin Luther King Day on Monday in the US. So, yes, a long weekend to reflect and relax for many of us.

And to everyone who has commented on the choc coconut bar....I'm staying away from that one (and most of the restricted treats). Way too tempting and definitely a trigger food like you said Mimi.

Kimo, thanks for starting part 2. It's good to see this group staying so active and supportive!
Old 01-18-2015, 05:33 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 183/170/130

Height: 5'5" (age 32)

Ha! I finally found you all! Thank goodness. I had kind of a rough week last week. I GAINED 0.2 lbs and I have no idea why. I'm back in class for the semester so my coach thought it might just have been the switch from weighing in at 10:30 am last week to 3:30 pm this week and the fact that I had my real protein for lunch on WI day, but I was so, so bummed out. A week without losing is one thing, but having not cheated, it really didn't occur to me that I might gain. Awful. The only other thing I can think of is, as someone else said, that it can be as bad to eat too little as eating too much. I missed my third packet a few days while I was fighting a cold and had no appetite, and was low on veggies and water, but I just can't believe the diet would be that sensitive! Especially since I lost 0.8 the week before and was hoping for a bigger loss. So disappointing. I don't even know what I can do better except to get in absolutely every vitamin and ounce of water and veggies this week, ugh.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:55 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessM928 View Post
SO I started Nov again with you guys and a week before Christmas I got so sick of the veggies and started skipping them and just stopped the diet. I was down 15lbs at the time tho I haven't updated since. I just can't get motivated to get back on the diet. Please help me. I haven't gained much back but I still have 1 pant size I want to lose....I know, im just crying a river lol
Checking on you, princess. Liana had some awesome advice. It's so cold and dreary here this weekend that I've been spending a ton of time online looking for new and interesting recipes. Have you tried that? Or go pick up a magazine with all the latest spring fashions -- maybe that will motivate you to lose those extra 15. I know our as-of-yet-unplanned spring break vacation is propelling me ahead! Good luck ad keep checking in here.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:00 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaPetiteChoux View Post
Ha! I finally found you all! Thank goodness. I had kind of a rough week last week. I GAINED 0.2 lbs and I have no idea why. I'm back in class for the semester so my coach thought it might just have been the switch from weighing in at 10:30 am last week to 3:30 pm this week and the fact that I had my real protein for lunch on WI day, but I was so, so bummed out.
MPC -- The protein serving at lunchtime on WI day has got to be the reason for that very small gain! I've started paying attention to how much water I have the morning of WI, so I'm sure a big lunch would inflate your numbers. Don't beat yourself up! Keep at it this week and try your best to stick to the plan 100%. Bet next WI will show you happy progress!
Old 01-18-2015, 08:28 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 183/170/130

Height: 5'5" (age 32)

Thanks Mimi! I'm glad to know someone else has experienced a correlation between what goes in before the WI and the number on the scale. I'll stick to IP products for breakfast and lunch before this week's WI!
Old 01-19-2015, 10:11 AM   #27  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

MaPetiteChoux - I wouldn't worry about the "gain". I weigh myself at home in the morning but my official weigh ins are at 3pm...there's easily a 3-4lb difference between the two. Everything you eat and drink without getting rid of will reflect on your weigh in. So I really don't think you gained. I know it's hard not to let it get to you when you see something like that but keep your head up and keep trucking along.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:59 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaPetiteChoux View Post
Ha! I finally found you all! Thank goodness. I had kind of a rough week last week. I GAINED 0.2 lbs and I have no idea why. I'm back in class for the semester so my coach thought it might just have been the switch from weighing in at 10:30 am last week to 3:30 pm this week and the fact that I had my real protein for lunch on WI day, but I was so, so bummed out. A week without losing is one thing, but having not cheated, it really didn't occur to me that I might gain. Awful. The only other thing I can think of is, as someone else said, that it can be as bad to eat too little as eating too much. I missed my third packet a few days while I was fighting a cold and had no appetite, and was low on veggies and water, but I just can't believe the diet would be that sensitive! Especially since I lost 0.8 the week before and was hoping for a bigger loss. So disappointing. I don't even know what I can do better except to get in absolutely every vitamin and ounce of water and veggies this week, ugh.
!!really....0.2 of 1 lb?!? Not anything to even worry about momentarily, that is only 3.2 oz, and right now you weigh (according to your ticker) 2592 oz. Just a little perspective

If you have been fighting a cold or injury you will have inflammation and that means extra water weight held by your body. That will also affect your weigh ins. You are doing fine and will probably have a whoosh soon!

Liana
Old 01-20-2015, 10:35 AM   #29  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Liana when you put it in oz like that it really does seem like nothing. That and when I see 3.2 oz I think well..that's less than half of what I eat for protein at dinner. Makes it seem like no big deal. It's crazy how much of a mind game weight loss is and sometimes all it takes is a switch in the way you think about something to turn a negative into a "no big deal".
Old 01-20-2015, 10:43 AM   #30  

ether - what kind words!! Thank you my dear, it's shocking for me to think I could inspire anyone! Remember, I weigh a lot more than you too, so it's likely to come off a little easier on me.

mapetitechoux - so glad you found us, lol. We must have been buried in the second page! I am sure that your teeny gain was due to switching times, let us know how it turns out this week.

kimo - you had a great last weigh in at 4 lbs, you are seriously rocking it!

------------------------------------

Things with me have been....ok. I am insane busy at work, I am in HR and we are having to let quite a few people go with the oil prices and market downturn. It's been crazy busy and stressful!

I'm finding my eating to be also just ok. I am certain I am not getting enough veggies in, I am just getting bored of the same old salads and cauliflower. I need to spice it up a bit and plan in advance more. Does anyone have any favourite veggie dishes that are more of a cooked thing?
Closed Thread