Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 11:55 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 223.5/205.2/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackkatie View Post
itsmytime- day 2 was definitely the worst for me. I felt like I didn't even have the energy to lift my arms to brush my hair! I got a bad headache around noon that day.

Just go to bed as early as you can tonight, and maybe take something for your headache. By day 3 I was feeling back to normal (just hungry).
Thanks!! As we speak, I am feeling better. One good thing about feeling sick stomach is you don't feel hungry (silver lining?) haha. I just keep thinking hold on till your weight in, it'll all be worth it!!!
Old 11-12-2014, 12:09 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Teags-- I don't really know enough yet about the restricted stuff, but my coach was saying she wanted to be pretty strict with me for the first week or two to see results pretty quickly. I think her theory is that if I pull a few good WIs at first, I will be excited and more likely to stay OP. I do really hope to get some restricted foods in the near future, I miss having something that tastes like dessert at night. I'm not sure what from these is restricted, but the raspberry mousse and the various wafers sound AMAZING. I also bought this tea that is compliant but tastes really good.

Old 11-12-2014, 12:26 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeagsC View Post
Courtney - what made you decide to have no restricted foods? I guess I am confused because as I understand the restricted foods are part of the program and totally allowed as long as they're only 1 per day? I see a few ladies who don't have them and I don't really get it - are they allowed or aren't they?!?
Teags - I learned from this board that different coaches tell you different things. Yes, you are allowed 1 restricted item each day as part of the protocol. However, you do not have to have 1 restricted, you can do all 3 unrestricted. When I started, my coach encouraged me to stay away from the restricted wall as long as possible, because the restricted items *can* slow down your weight loss.

That being said - there are plenty of people on this site who have had 1 restricted every day since they started and lost just fine, this was just the advice given to me.

Everyone's bodies are different, so you have to figure out what works for you.

I started adding restricted items in after a couple of months - I typically have only 1-2 total in a week.

PS for Courtney - the raspberry mousse is not a restricted item.

Last edited by JJTx; 11-12-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:54 PM   #64  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone! I have my consultation tomorrow after work and planning to start first thing on Monday. I've been on and off IP for a couple years now. It's always worked wonders for me, but I think because I (thankfully?) have only had 15-20 lbs to lose I don't stick to it long enough to actually learn how to properly eat afterwards. My coach has switched to Pro-Energy, so I'm going to try that this time around. It sounds very similar to IP, but still relatively new so there is no support group that I've found, so hoping you all don't mind if I stick around here.
I plan to read this November starters thread from page 1 so I can get to know you all a little bit and hopefully we can keep each other motivated, especially with the holidays soon approaching!
Anyways, just wanted to say hi and starting next week you'll probably hear from me quite frequently!
Old 11-12-2014, 01:00 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 364/

Height: 5'9

I had the killer headache as well the first two days..i am on week 2..
Old 11-12-2014, 01:03 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 364/

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackkatie View Post
Hi everyone! I started on 11/2. First week was hard - day 2 I felt like a zombie and I was starving all week! But at WI on 11/7 I was down 9.6 lbs!!

Now I'm week 2, day 3, and I've found that I'm only hungry around meal times. I even passed up movie theater popcorn this weekend, which is pretty unheard of for me! I had the BBQ Soy Nuts Instead. So fingers crossed for a pound or 2 loss this week!

Congrats on the weightloss! i know that is def motivation to continue on...good with week 2!
Old 11-12-2014, 01:20 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 281/277/180

Height: 5'5"

My first weigh in is tomorrow!!

I'm feeling pretty confident, even turned down my sister bacon grilled cheese sandwich yesterday for lunch. Now i just have to get through pizza day tomorrow at work. I find it much easier (when its not pizza day! lol) to stay on protocol at work than at home. so much temptation at home instead of at work when i can just stay at my desk lol.

I go to Ideal Weight Loss Clinic in the NW of Calgary
Old 11-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Last day of Week 1 for me and feeling good. However, I don't think feel like much weight has budged at all. Maybe a little in the belly. Not having a drink (or two) every night (while tall, skinny hubby still does) has felt like the biggest change. I love cooking dinner and it just seems more fun when I'm having a glass of wine while doing it! But staying away from that actually also keeps away my late night munchies. So … you'd think this combo and being on IP would be helping, but not so sure yet.

I stopped by Harris Teeter on the way back from my core class at the gym and was excited to find a couple of the Walden Farms products I keep reading about! Got some Bleu Cheese dressing and BBQ Sauce (the spicy one, not the original). Could not find the syrup, though maybe it's just best for me to stay away from anything resembling pancakes…. Any other favorites you all are finding?
Old 11-12-2014, 03:14 PM   #69  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Mimi, you can make pancakes out of the drink and pudding packets. Just add a half tsp of baking powder to the vanilla drink, add water slowly until it's slightly thicker than normal pancake mix and put it into a preheated pan (over medium). Keep an eye on it as it cooks much quicker than normal pancakes, but the texture is the same.

IP sells its own maple flavouring syrup (which is actually very good!) or you can go with the other very low-to no carb and sugar free syrups.

The puddings make better waffles, the drink mixes pancakes. Don't shy away from them, they're pretty good.

You can also make a thin type of crust using the soup mixes. There's a neat flatbread recipe that makes a good base. Bake some red bell pepper and green onion then liquidise for a tomato-ish base, top with some soy shreds, chicken and your remaining veggie allowance for an OP version of pizza.

If you plan and don't mind experimenting with baking, you can replicate just about any meal you love using IP products (or alternatives if you're using them).
Old 11-12-2014, 03:36 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Briael --thank you so much! I have started a collection of all the awesome recipes you all have posted all over this forum, and I can't wait to try many of them!

So, before I go to my first WI tomorrow, I need to figure out which new foods to pick up while there. It sounds like the puddings are popular in many recipes. Will also get more oatmeal, broccoli soup and drinks. And peanut butter bars and maybe one new snack -- maybe chips or soy puffs. Does anyone have any other must-haves for Week 2?
Old 11-12-2014, 03:52 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 216/203/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsaye816 View Post
I think my most difficult issue is going to be alcohol! But I'd like to be down at least 15 pounds by Christmas...so here I go!

Lindsay, this is my big problem too. I've found that when I'm stressed, I lean on alcohol to help calm me down. I'm hoping that now that things are less stressful in my life, I can stick to it. I'm so tired of feeling fat!
Old 11-12-2014, 08:03 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 311/311/152

Height: 5'7

vzubie - You said it. I'm tired of feeling fat too. It's just so darn inconvenient.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:35 PM   #73  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Height: 5'4"

Well today was day 1 for me. It went pretty well. Managed to get in 96oz of water today! It went better than I thought but I was incredibly busy today, so that definitely helped. Tomorrow may be a different story as I have nothing to do from 3pm till bedtime lol but I am determined this time.

Congratulations to everyone on their Scale and Non-scale victories today! We just have to remember it is not only one day at a time but we (me especially) have to take it hour by hour!
Old 11-12-2014, 10:52 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin View Post
Tomorrow may be a different story as I have nothing to do from 3pm till bedtime lol but I am determined
You'll be glad to have nothing scheduled. Day 2 can be tough. Stick it out! You'll be happy you did!
Old 11-12-2014, 11:02 PM   #75  
iKande

S/C/G: 226.6/220.2/150

Height: 5'2

I want to thank everyone for their encouragement and support. It is day 2 for me and I am craving something sweet and salty. Instead of giving into my craving I came to the forum for inspiration and to share in the joy of on and off scale victories. You guys have been such a blessing. Thanks to you my 2nd day has been a success!
Closed Thread