Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2014, 09:04 AM   #406  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,811

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

I think, and I could be wrong, is that tone is not interpreted properly in writing vs. having a conversation with someone.

Also, if you've been on the forums long enough there have been multiple threads started for newbies and everyone was so excited in the beginning but then many started eating things off protocol and eventually the thread faded out and nobody got to goal. And for that last sentence I truly hope I turn out to be wrong.

One last thing...

To begin with...do you see " 100 percent on plan" written in this thread's description? No, I didn't think so. 2nd... So you think someone deciding to eat a spoonful of PB2 that has only 50 calories, 3gms of fat with none being saturated, zero cholesterol, zero sodium, zero sugars, and zero carbs is so horrible? But you yourself are posting that you are eating the Pure protein chocolate peanut butter bars that each have 300 calories, 10 grams of fat... with almost half of that being saturated fat, 310 mg of processed sodium and 25 grams of carbs?? Come on, really?? JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED!


The nutrition facts to PB2 are below. Again you can all use your own judgment but the stats Linda gave above are incorrect.

Calories 45
Calories from fat 13
Total fat 1.5 g
Saturated fat 0 g
Trans fat 0.01 g
Cholesterol 0.01 mg
Sodium 94 mg
Total carbohydrate 5 g
Dietary fiber 2 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 5 g

In addition, there are chocolate peanut butter Pure Protein bars that work nutritionally as alternative products.

PS. Hi mylastdiet! Welcome back!

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 06-10-2014 at 09:06 AM.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline  
Old 06-10-2014, 09:06 AM   #407  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 1,211

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly2005 View Post
I have to been on the daily thread and asked a question that was never answered so why tell us to go there??? I don't just want to read your post. If I was invited then include me. There seems to be a tug a war going on and it is ridiculous. I to love this thread and the people in it with a positive attitude which help in any weight loss program. I do not claim to have all the answers on the plan and in the learning phase but really enjoying the experience.Stay Positive Gals and we will reach the stars!!!!
Hi Butterfly... I found your question about blood pressure meds and salt. I am sorry it was overlooked... Seems like Friday there was not a lot of Chat going on (people heading out for the weekend?)

YES - you DO need to add the salt. I know that seems very contrary to what people with high blood pressure hear from the docs. But salt is very limited in most IP foods. Unlike the large amount of salt we would get eating a more "normal" American diet, we just don't get enough on IP to meet the body's needs.

So YES, sprinkle it on without guilt and look forward to the day you can toss those meds!!
JLUS is offline  
Old 06-10-2014, 09:10 AM   #408  
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 8,219

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

I also went back and found that question on the daily chat and saw it was answered. Many times if a question is answered, others don't jump in unless they have something else to add.

There are 2 different sizes of Pure Protein bars.
The smaller one works well for a restricted.

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-10-2014 at 12:11 PM.
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 06-10-2014, 09:11 AM   #409  
Started IP 5/21/2014
 
Butterfly2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 64

S/C/G: 206/199/140

Height: 5'5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
I was wrong above when I said you seemed like a genuinely sweet and caring person. I went out of my way to reinforce the fact that I thought you meant well and that your heart was in the right place. But apparently you want to deliberately mislead people who are coming to you for help. It's either your way or the highway, when it should be the IP way. This IS an IP message board. Your plan is not IP. I don't know why you are making the deliberate choice to mislead people, but I hope the newcomers can be rescued from your trap. You are obviously one of those people who take joy in sabotaging others. For some twisted reason, you don't want these people to succeed. I find that sad - and scary. You are a wolf in sheep's clothing and I can no longer stand by and watch you deliberately mislead people down the wrong path.
As far as the PB2 comment, you must be reminded that someone came on here and specifically asked "can we have PB2?" and your answer was an unequivocal "yes." Someone was coming to you for help, and you gave an answer that you knew was wrong. This is just one example of you deliberately misleading people who trust you.
Maybe you can get with 3FC and start your own message board for "AZLinda's Diet Protocol" because what you are advocating is not Ideal Protein. But - you already knew that. I now believe you take great joy in sabatoging people who are trusting you to help them.
It's wrong, and no amount of giant cute emoticons can cover it up.
Thank you for showing your true colors. The "mean" always does ooze out eventually - glad I, along with everyone else, got to see it.
Hahahah she is not here to lead others.. I am not under the impression She is a IP coach . You say and I quote " It's either your way or the highway" what way is that??? All I see is AZLinda giving support to each of us and that is crucial in any weight loss plan!!! This is a Newbie thread for support & positive vibes. We all know to go to other threads for additional information. It is great if you "Veterans" know all the answers but it is the way you present it to others. Responding nasty will get you no where fast. And furthermore How dare you insinuate AZLinda is sabotaging people!!! From what I have read We are here for support and encouragement she does not claim to have all the answers!..Talking about anothers True colors you might want to check YOUR OWN... Go back to your fire pit


PS.... any newcomers jump ship if you need to be rescued from the big bad AZLinda LOL...
Butterfly2005 is offline  
Old 06-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #410  
Started IP 5/21/2014
 
Butterfly2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 64

S/C/G: 206/199/140

Height: 5'5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Hi Butterfly... I found your question about blood pressure meds and salt. I am sorry it was overlooked... Seems like Friday there was not a lot of Chat going on (people heading out for the weekend?)

YES - you DO need to add the salt. I know that seems very contrary to what people with high blood pressure hear from the docs. But salt is very limited in most IP foods. Unlike the large amount of salt we would get eating a more "normal" American diet, we just don't get enough on IP to meet the body's needs.

So YES, sprinkle it on without guilt and look forward to the day you can toss those meds!!
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate that
Butterfly2005 is offline  
Old 06-10-2014, 09:18 AM   #411  
Started IP 5/21/2014
 
Butterfly2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 64

S/C/G: 206/199/140

Height: 5'5

Default

On to better and brighter things.. Tomorrow is my WI and hoping for some success I have peaked at the scale and have not seen much movement but do know that it could be some alternatives that I am using. I also want to know is anyone else here going through menopause and if so did you find it more difficult to lose the lbs? I did want to add I have been on many diet plans and this is the only one that got the scale moving again...

Last edited by Butterfly2005; 06-10-2014 at 09:20 AM.
Butterfly2005 is offline  
Old 06-10-2014, 09:26 AM   #412  
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,943

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly2005 View Post
On to better and brighter things.. Tomorrow is my WI and hoping for some success I have peaked at the scale and have not seen much movement but do know that it could be some alternatives that I am using. I also want to know is anyone else here going through menopause and if so did you find it more difficult to lose the lbs? I did want to add I have been on many diet plans and this is the only one that got the scale moving again...
I had stopped hormone replacement therapy just before starting IP and yikes! Probably should have stayed on it. It didn't seem to slow down my weight loss but all the symptoms came back with a vengeance. Since women store estrogen in their fat as we lose weight it all gets released and floods our system. Then, of course, when we get down in weight all our stores have been depleted and that's a whole 'nother issue. I'm back on HRT because I was miserable but hopefully will be able to go back off soon.
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 06-10-2014, 09:55 AM   #413  
Started IP 5/21/2014
 
Butterfly2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 64

S/C/G: 206/199/140

Height: 5'5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I had stopped hormone replacement therapy just before starting IP and yikes! Probably should have stayed on it. It didn't seem to slow down my weight loss but all the symptoms came back with a vengeance. Since women store estrogen in their fat as we lose weight it all gets released and floods our system. Then, of course, when we get down in weight all our stores have been depleted and that's a whole 'nother issue. I'm back on HRT because I was miserable but hopefully will be able to go back off soon.
So you find the HRT helps with the symptoms. I am about 2 years in and I am 44 started early. I do have many symptoms but afraid to start HRT. I do wonder if it would help me in my weight loss because I am in week 3 and seem to be a slow fat burner. If I was to start a HRT I would only want it to be temporary. For now I take over the counter supplements.
Butterfly2005 is offline  
Old 06-10-2014, 10:08 AM   #414  
Started IP 04/22/2013
 
Ruth Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,943

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly2005 View Post
So you find the HRT helps with the symptoms. I am about 2 years in and I am 44 started early. I do have many symptoms but afraid to start HRT. I do wonder if it would help me in my weight loss because I am in week 3 and seem to be a slow fat burner. If I was to start a HRT I would only want it to be temporary. For now I take over the counter supplements.
Yes, it helped a lot once we got the dosage right (started low and worked our way up). I went from horrible hot flashes to basically one at night (annoying but not nearly as bad as it was). The plan is for me to go off them at the end of the year (hopefully). I tried supplements but they just didn't give me any relief.
Ruth Ann is offline  
Old 06-10-2014, 10:17 AM   #415  
Senior Member
 
Kellyc14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 783

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Default


Ladies, we are all here for the same cause, to lose weight and encourage each other.

I just want to say that I am a "newbie" and I am very thankful for the veterans on this board and their wisdom. I am also thankful for the other "newbies" and their enthusiasm. As a person who is new to IP when I read something on here that doesn't sound "right" or isn't OP, I take it with a grain of salt. I always refer back to my IP protocol sheets for answers. If I have a question that isn't on the IP sheet I seek out the advice of a veteran who has been on the plan, lost the weight, and know what works. (I also scour through the 100% thread for answers)

I believe that the veterans are just looking out for us newbies and want to see us succeed. I myself need tough love!! as well as I need Linda's emoticons and cheer leading!!

Having said that, can't we just all get along?!
Kellyc14 is offline  
Old 06-10-2014, 10:29 AM   #416  
Evemomma
 
evemomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: St. Louis Area
Posts: 842

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post

Ladies, we are all here for the same cause, to lose weight and encourage each other.

I just want to say that I am a "newbie" and I am very thankful for the veterans on this board and their wisdom. I am also thankful for the other "newbies" and their enthusiasm. As a person who is new to IP when I read something on here that doesn't sound "right" or isn't OP, I take it with a grain of salt. I always refer back to my IP protocol sheets for answers. If I have a question that isn't on the IP sheet I seek out the advice of a veteran who has been on the plan, lost the weight, and know what works. (I also scour through the 100% thread for answers)

I believe that the veterans are just looking out for us newbies and want to see us succeed. I myself need tough love!! as well as I need Linda's emoticons and cheer leading!!

Having said that, can't we just all get along?!
I am pushing the "like" button on this! Pretty much a newbie still...but a discerning one...I will verify any information I get that doesn't seem to fit with what I understand of the plan. I have realized that my personality is ALL or NOTHING with dieting (pretty much been a NOTHING until now...haha). It is interesting for me to see how different people approach the thinking behind this diet.
evemomma is offline  
Old 06-10-2014, 10:40 AM   #417  
Started IP 5/21/2014
 
Butterfly2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 64

S/C/G: 206/199/140

Height: 5'5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Yes, it helped a lot once we got the dosage right (started low and worked our way up). I went from horrible hot flashes to basically one at night (annoying but not nearly as bad as it was). The plan is for me to go off them at the end of the year (hopefully). I tried supplements but they just didn't give me any relief.
That is great that you found what works for you. It certainly is not easy process in life..
Butterfly2005 is offline  
Old 06-10-2014, 10:50 AM   #418  
restart 5/27/14
 
jemma51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: high desert Ca.
Posts: 450

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly2005 View Post
On to better and brighter things.. Tomorrow is my WI and hoping for some success I have peaked at the scale and have not seen much movement but do know that it could be some alternatives that I am using. I also want to know is anyone else here going through menopause and if so did you find it more difficult to lose the lbs? I did want to add I have been on many diet plans and this is the only one that got the scale moving again...
I have been pre menopausel for a couple years. I haven't had TOM for four months now. I don't take ant meds. I have struggled really bad losing since this all started. When I did Adkins I actually gained. If I stick to this v100% I lose, maybe not as good as some but, I lose.
jemma51 is offline  
Old 06-10-2014, 10:55 AM   #419  
Started IP 5/21/2014
 
Butterfly2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 64

S/C/G: 206/199/140

Height: 5'5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
I have been pre menopausel for a couple years. I haven't had TOM for four months now. I don't take ant meds. I have struggled really bad losing since this all started. When I did Adkins I actually gained. If I stick to this v100% I lose, maybe not as good as some but, I lose.
That is what I have noticed as well. I did atkins as well with no luck. But I have come to believe from what I have researched that LC is the way to go while in Menopause.
Butterfly2005 is offline  
Old 06-10-2014, 01:24 PM   #420  
Started 5/21/2014
Thread Starter
 
AZLinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 220

S/C/G: 222/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly2005 View Post
Hahahah she is not here to lead others.. I am not under the impression She is a IP coach . You say and I quote " It's either your way or the highway" what way is that??? All I see is AZLinda giving support to each of us and that is crucial in any weight loss plan!!! This is a Newbie thread for support & positive vibes. We all know to go to other threads for additional information. It is great if you "Veterans" know all the answers but it is the way you present it to others. Responding nasty will get you no where fast. And furthermore How dare you insinuate AZLinda is sabotaging people!!! From what I have read We are here for support and encouragement she does not claim to have all the answers!..Talking about anothers True colors you might want to check YOUR OWN... Go back to your fire pit


PS.... any newcomers jump ship if you need to be rescued from the big bad AZLinda LOL...
Thank you so much for this Juanita. Those who truly know me, or gets to know me... will know that the slanderous accusations made by that certain person were completely false, off the wall and obviously said out of revenge.

I am an RN and have dedicated my life to caring for and helping others in need and get well. I am one of the most kind, loving, and compassionate person you will ever meet. But I am only human and can only take so much before I have to speak my mind when I feel my integrity is being attacked.

Please guys, if you read all those horrible nasty accusations about me, please, click on my user name and then in the box, click on "find more posts by AZLinda" and read all my posts and then come up with your own opinion about my character and integrity. You will find that I have pretty much been the cheerleader of the group..making each other feel good about themselves has been my main goal always. Celebrating in our victories together! There are many other places to go if you want to be slapped on the wrist or get the "tough love" approach which someone mentioned we all need every once in awhile. This group is not that place. And was never intended to be so.

I started the Newbies thread for those of us beginning our journey so we could walk arm and arm together as we reach our goal. Not to judge and ridicule one another. For us not to be each other's disciplinairy on how we each decide what is best for ourselves. That wasn't my intention of the thread. It is to be a place for us all to share our trials and tributes, our accomplishments, our joys and sorrows with one another without fear of being judged. None of us here in the newbies thread made the claim to know everything and can only do the best we can do while supporting one another. Also, there is no leader in this newbies group either. We are all on the same level...learning from each other, no one claiming to know all the answers but doing it together and reaching our goals of getting healthy. Plus having FUN along the way!

So on that note...let's get back to what we do best ladies...demolishing some more fat cells!!

~Linda

Last edited by AZLinda; 06-10-2014 at 01:26 PM.
AZLinda is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:02 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.