3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Calling all Newbies! IP or IP using Alternatives...Let's do this! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/296165-calling-all-newbies-ip-ip-using-alternatives-lets-do.html)

AZLinda 06-03-2014 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drbuzymom (Post 5016530)
constipation!!!!!!!!! I need help.. I am not even doing the 3 shakes a day just two. AND YES I AM EATING LOTS OF LETTUCE, CUCUMBERS AND PICKLES

Yikes, that stinks! I hate when that happens, makes you feel so miserable! Ok, first, are you getting your fats/oil in? Are you taking magnesium? Drinking all your water? Make sure to eat the veggies that are highest in fiber..such as cabbage, broccoli..etc...

SuzieQ120 06-03-2014 04:56 PM

My first WI today - down 5.6 pounds. Wahoo! Headaches have resolved and I am feeling good, although a bit more tired without my Diet Coke... boy did I crave that in the first 3 days.

Shelley, congrats on your weight loss!

drbuzymom - broccoli, cauliflower, and jicama have some of the highest fiber contents of the veggies in phase 1. Plus, taking a stool softener daily (not a stimulant laxative) like colace can help.

evemomma 06-03-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

constipation!!!!!!!!! I need help.. I am not even doing the 3 shakes a day just two. AND YES I AM EATING LOTS OF LETTUCE, CUCUMBERS AND PICKLES

What about your IP supplements? The magnesium and fish oil really help. Are you working with a coach or are you doing this on your own? The Phase 1 sheet (should be on a sticky in the daily chat thread) will tell you everything you need daily.

Are you picky about veggies? Some veggies have more fiber than others...cauliflower, broccoli, leafy greens (more than just iceberg lettuce), celery, mushrooms.

I use Phillips Caplets, which is just extra magnesium...they are really gentle and get the job done!

AZLinda 06-03-2014 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzieQ120 (Post 5016539)
My first WI today - down 5.6 pounds. Wahoo! Headaches have resolved and I am feeling good, although a bit more tired without my Diet Coke... boy did I crave that in the first 3 days.

Shelley, congrats on your weight loss!

drbuzymom - broccoli, cauliflower, and jicama have some of the highest fiber contents of the veggies in phase 1. Plus, taking a stool softener daily (not a stimulant laxative) like colace can help.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/dancing/...y-emoticon.gifDoing the happy dance for you SuzieQ! Nice work..5.6 pounds ground into the dirt!! Yeah baby!!

Ruth Ann 06-03-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Do you mean you are doing 2 drinks and then another packet a day or just 2 total a day? You could be going way too low calorie and may not have any waste to produce. This diet is low calorie enough without cutting things out.

Smooth Move tea worked wonders for me when needed. Also, make sure you're getting all your oil in - fat helps move things along.

SuzieQ120 06-03-2014 05:14 PM

Thank you Linda! I greatly appreciate your support, and your emoticons always make me smile!!!

shelleyo17 06-03-2014 05:38 PM

Thanks to all for this site! All the remarks and comments are so wonderful and it's cool to be on this adventure with other people!!! My husband is supportive, but he isn't doing IP. It's nice to be able to communicate with others going thru the same successes and struggles! :)

JLUS 06-03-2014 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelleyo17 (Post 5016520)
I have been "lurking" on here for a week or two...just kind of getting a feel for what everyone is doing on their specific program and it is so helpful. This is my 6th week on IP and I am loving my body transformation. I am SUPER tight on money right now, so I am considering switching to alternatives, but I am afraid that it will ruin my commitment (or understanding of what I am eating). Its been really easy being on IP because I really don't have to make many decisions...there is a plan already put in place. Did anyone else feel this way when they switched? After switching, did you find yourself just as successful??? I'm nervous because I have lost 20 pounds so far and am really wanting to continue the weight loss I am seeing (roughly 3 pounds per week)...any insight?

Once you know how to select the correct Alternative products, it really is as easy as using the IP ones. You still follow the Phase 1 sheet exactly but just use carefully selected alternatives!!

Go to the Alternative Priducts That Work in Phase 1 Part 4 thread. Read the first post and it tells you how to evaluate products to be compliant with IP requirements. A couple posts after that I added a few more details on selecting products. Then start reading the thread for ideas of what to get and whether.

I buy from Nashua Nutrition so I can have more variety than just shakes and bars available at local stores. I use the brands: Proti Diet, Proti Thin, HealthSmart and Weight Loss Systems from their site. I order soups, puddings, cakes, chips, chili, pasta, cookies, pretzels, etc as well as bars and shakes. I use the guidelines I mentioned above to give me parameters for selecting alternatives that mirror IP. They help me stay within the correct range for calories, calories from fat, carbs and protein.

Post your questions I the later native thread for responses from lots who use them and have been successful!

shelleyo17 06-03-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLUS (Post 5016571)
Once you know how to select the correct Alternative products, it really is as easy as using the IP ones. You still follow the Phase 1 sheet exactly but just use carefully selected alternatives!!

Go to the Alternative Priducts That Work in Phase 1 Part 4 thread. Read the first post and it tells you how to evaluate products to be compliant with IP requirements. A couple posts after that I added a few more details on selecting products. Then start reading the thread for ideas of what to get and whether.

I buy from Nashua Nutrition so I can have more variety than just shakes and bars available at local stores. I use the brands: Proti Diet, Proti Thin, HealthSmart and Weight Loss Systems from their site. I order soups, puddings, cakes, chips, chili, pasta, cookies, pretzels, etc as well as bars and shakes. I use the guidelines I mentioned above to give me parameters for selecting alternatives that mirror IP. They help me stay within the correct range for calories, calories from fat, carbs and protein.

Post your questions I the later native thread for responses from lots who use them and have been successful!

Thank you so much for this! I have read ALL those pages of information and find it to be helpful, but there is so much information to sort thru! I love how everyone is sharing what works for them. I am hoping to see the same positive affect for me! I am a very simple person when it comes to my food. It doesn't need to be a lot of variety, in fact, I do well with having the same thing over and over again! LOL I am a huge lover of shakes and bars! I usually have 2c of grilled peppers for lunch with an omelette. Right now I am using what I have left of the herb and cheese omelette. Then at dinner I love having 2c of grilled zucchini and mushrooms with whatever 8oz of lean protein I get that night. It has been consistent throughout and I am so excited I am getting to where I want to be. The biggest thing for me is what I feel like and what clothes I wear. Like right now, I am in jeans that I wore before I got pregnant and I love this size! I still want to lose more fat (weight), but I am also happy with how I am transforming now...if that makes sense

shelleyo17 06-03-2014 06:25 PM

Does anyone who has been on IP, know of a good comparison to the Chicken Patty Mix?? I love it, but haven't been able to find anything close out there on these other websites for alternatives? I am trying to pick things that I currently eat on the IP plan, so when I go off on my own using alternatives, I can have the same enjoyment of the food I eat!

IP43 06-03-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelleyo17 (Post 5016578)
Does anyone who has been on IP, know of a good comparison to the Chicken Patty Mix?? I love it, but haven't been able to find anything close out there on these other websites for alternatives? I am trying to pick things that I currently eat on the IP plan, so when I go off on my own using alternatives, I can have the same enjoyment of the food I eat!

I know we get used on packets but how does REAL chicken compare? I've never checked the stats for chicken patties vs. ground chicken. Just curious.

JLUS 06-03-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelleyo17 (Post 5016577)
Thank you so much for this! I have read ALL those pages of information and find it to be helpful, but there is so much information to sort thru! I love how everyone is sharing what works for them. I am hoping to see the same positive affect for me! I am a very simple person when it comes to my food. It doesn't need to be a lot of variety, in fact, I do well with having the same thing over and over again! LOL I am a huge lover of shakes and bars! I usually have 2c of grilled peppers for lunch with an omelette. Right now I am using what I have left of the herb and cheese omelette. Then at dinner I love having 2c of grilled zucchini and mushrooms with whatever 8oz of lean protein I get that night. It has been consistent throughout and I am so excited I am getting to where I want to be. The biggest thing for me is what I feel like and what clothes I wear. Like right now, I am in jeans that I wore before I got pregnant and I love this size! I still want to lose more fat (weight), but I am also happy with how I am transforming now...if that makes sense

Yes it definitely does take dime perseverance and there is a bit of a learning curve,

If you are really happy being simple, here are a few ideas:

- - EAS Advantage shakes (not their others) four for $5 and Pure Protein shakes four for $8 both at Walmart/Target.

- - One whole egg and three egg whites is equal to an IP egg packet (less expensive/better food.)

- - Maple Grove Farms SUGAR FREE pancake/waffle mix found in the grocery store. Near Bob's Red Mill and gluten free products. $3.99 a box... Just use 1/4 cup mix with water to get batter consistency. No need to add egg or oil! Serve with Walden Farms maple or blueberry syrup.

I also live bars but have only used ones I buy from Nashua. I know others use bars they can get locally (the ones I see usually are high in something -calories up/over 200, fat too high, net carbs too high...) so I have stayed away from them and used just bars I buy on-line that I feel have better numbers for me.

shelleyo17 06-03-2014 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLUS (Post 5016651)
Yes it definitely does take dime perseverance and there is a bit of a learning curve,

If you are really happy being simple, here are a few ideas:

- - EAS Advantage shakes (not their others) four for $5 and Pure Protein shakes four for $8 both at Walmart/Target.

- - One whole egg and three egg whites is equal to an IP egg packet (less expensive/better food.)

- - Maple Grove Farms SUGAR FREE pancake/waffle mix found in the grocery store. Near Bob's Red Mill and gluten free products. $3.99 a box... Just use 1/4 cup mix with water to get batter consistency. No need to add egg or oil! Serve with Walden Farms maple or blueberry syrup.

I also live bars but have only used ones I buy from Nashua. I know others use bars they can get locally (the ones I see usually are high in something -calories up/over 200, fat too high, net carbs too high...) so I have stayed away from them and used just bars I buy on-line that I feel have better numbers for me.

I just purchase some of the EAS Carb Advantage French Vanilla, that I will most likely have for breakfast. I see that quite a few people have multiple of these a day...how does that work, do they have it instead of a different snack, like replacing a bar?
How do you measure out the egg whites to know you are getting the right amount? Do you just use one whole egg and then get the egg whites in the carton, if so, is the measurement pretty simple? That sounds like a great idea to me!
I bought two boxes of the bars from Nashua today...don't know how long it will take for me to get them, but am really excited to taste them!
Thank you for this information! I would love to try the pancake mix, so I will check that out as well. :)

Julzfatnomore 06-03-2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzieQ120 (Post 5016532)
Julz, do you think you are consuming more salt than you did before? You may be holding on to more water if you are, and that may lead to the scale being higher, but this is only TEMPORARY. Once you lose the water weight the scale will budge in the right direction. I understand being discouraged, but you can do it!!!

I don’t use anymore salt than previous (I’m a salt junkie) and I’m drinking over 100OZ of water daily, if I’m hanging onto water weight, I’d be shocked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZLinda (Post 5016473)
Julz! Do not let yourself get discouraged and talk yourself into throwing in the towel! There are many reasons it could be. And I am 100% certain you did not gain 3 lbs of fat since your last weigh in. You are doing wonderful! You stay strong, and focused! Read these top 15 reasons that could cause a temporary weight gain when low carbing...I find them very helpful ------> http://authoritynutrition.com/15-rea...low-carb-diet/

I’ll take a look at that link, thanks!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butterfly2005 (Post 5016462)
:( is it around your TOM. Hope you have a better WI tomorrow.

No, that was the first week I started, “he** week” for sure…TOM and day 1 of IP, same day….uuuggghhhh.

I’m just ultra frustrated and nervous about tomorrow.

Today I had two protein drinks, one for breakfast and one for dinner and a big mac in a bowl for dinner and my usual salads.

I can’t recall if the Premier shakes from Costco are OP, anyone know? If so, I can my RTD shakes there as opposed to getting them from my coach. I have a bunch of the EAS but being that they are soy I'm ditching them.

AZLinda 06-03-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julzfatnomore (Post 5016733)
I don’t use anymore salt than previous (I’m a salt junkie) and I’m drinking over 100OZ of water daily, if I’m hanging onto water weight, I’d be shocked.

I’ll take a look at that link, thanks!!

No, that was the first week I started, “he** week” for sure…TOM and day 1 of IP, same day….uuuggghhhh.

I’m just ultra frustrated and nervous about tomorrow.

Today I had two protein drinks, one for breakfast and one for dinner and a big mac in a bowl for dinner and my usual salads.

I can’t recall if the Premier shakes from Costco are OP, anyone know? If so, I can my RTD shakes there as opposed to getting them from my coach. I have a bunch of the EAS but being that they are soy I'm ditching them.

Yes, if they are the 11 oz containers, then drinking 1/2 of one would be an alternative to a whole IP shake. :) They taste really good too. I poured the vanilla over ice, and then added a DBL shot of espresso and a little SF vanilla syrup and wow, was that a great Iced coffee :D