3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Calling all Newbies! IP or IP using Alternatives...Let's do this! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/296165-calling-all-newbies-ip-ip-using-alternatives-lets-do.html)

lisa32989 05-30-2014 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerKandy (Post 5013306)
I tried heating it up...but my body is like heeeeeck no! Which is odd because I am not a picky person, but literally the though makes me want to lose it.

Which favor did you get? There are about 3 I dont like

KillerKandy 05-30-2014 06:37 AM

quest mess

Cinnamon Roll, PB Jelly, cookie dough, vanilla almond crunch, brownie, peanut butter chocolate, coconut cashew, lemon meringue, cookies n cream, peanut butter supreme.
I labelled them as restricted and super restrictive thinking I would love them...I will be lucky to get one in a week.

lisa32989 05-30-2014 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerKandy (Post 5013316)
Cinnamon Roll, PB Jelly, cookie dough, vanilla almond crunch, brownie, peanut butter chocolate, coconut cashew, lemon meringue, cookies n cream, peanut butter supreme.
I labelled them as restricted and super restrictive thinking I would love them...I will be lucky to get one in a week.

Which favor did you not like?

walkernjh 05-30-2014 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butterfly2005 (Post 5011184)
Thanks for the info I need to pick me up that veggie slicer. I wish I could just get one at the store darn it!!!

Neat - Do you have a Bed, Bath and Beyond near you? I found one there last night. Can't wait to try it out tonight (didn't make it to the grocery store after my other shopping ;))

Ruth Ann 05-30-2014 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beasleymom (Post 5013146)
Thanks for the info on the PB2. I didn't add it to anything. I ate it right out of the bowl. I was wondering about the restricted food with PB2, so I skipped my bar tonight and ate a pudding.
11 lbs is awesome!

There are a few problems with adding extras that don't conform to the IP protocol. One is that, while you may get away with it in the beginning when you have a lot to lose, at some point you are going to slow down and those extras will not be doing you any favors. Then you have to wonder if your losses would have been better if you had stayed OP from the get go. If you want optimal results staying OP is the way to go.

The other issue is that in addition to losing weight, we're trying to learn new eating behaviors and teach our brains that cravings do not have to be given into. Or we can be inventive and figure out ways to satisfy them with OP food.

If you (a generic you, not you specifically) can't be disciplined now, how are you going to deal with maintenance when you have to make consistently good choices to maintain all the benefits of the weight loss you just put so much work into?

Whether you're using alternatives or IP products, learning to not let your "inner brat" be in charge of the food is critical to long term success.

We're all adults and will do what we decide to do, but I think the most successful people here will pretty much all tell you the same thing.

IP43 05-30-2014 07:33 AM

I want to put a "word of caution" (in a loving way here). This is a great place to cheer each other on, and I joined this thread because I restarted in May, but this is "round 2" for me. If you have questions you are not sure about, I would suggest you ask in the Daily thread where more people will have responses for you from the people who have been doing this for awhile. I really caution you about changing the "formula" for success-- even little tweaks here and there -- especially for awhile until you understand the diet well. Follow the sheet as much as possible and it will really help you be most successful on P1.

There were things I didn't understand that do affect your weight loss. My example is diet pop: it says 0/0/0 so I thought it was okay to use. But pop is very acidic and the pH level of food can affect things. If your body has too much acid, it seeks to "balance" that back and will take calcium from your bones to bring you back to a more neutral pH. Needless to say, I now no longer drink diet pop. I believe acidity is one of the reasons healthy things, like tomatoes, are not allowed every day.

IP43 05-30-2014 07:35 AM

LOL -- we must have been typing at the same time Ruth! We're on the same wave length this morning (that might be a scary thought for you my friend!)

Good advice said twice.

have a good one everyone

Ruth Ann 05-30-2014 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 5013363)
LOL -- we must have been typing at the same time Ruth! We're on the same wave length this morning (that might be a scary thought for you my friend!)

Good advice said twice.

have a good one everyone

Quick - what am I having for dinner? :D

And great minds and all! And you are absolutely right.

Butterfly2005 05-30-2014 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaeNae2113 (Post 5012668)
Wow this is awesome!!:carrot::carrot: Isn't IP great?? I have never done any weight loss plan where I wasn't starving all the time and was lucky to lose 3 or 4 lbs a month. And by the way you look way to young to have a 26 year old!!

Thank you.. SO sweet ;) I love this plan to...

Butterfly2005 05-30-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkernjh (Post 5013335)
Neat - Do you have a Bed, Bath and Beyond near you? I found one there last night. Can't wait to try it out tonight (didn't make it to the grocery store after my other shopping ;))

Yes I do.. They have them? I will be going this weekend!!! I have a coupon to wooohooo:carrot: Thanks for letting me know!!!

NotCoolEnough 05-30-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZLinda (Post 5012959)
Yes! So happy you mentioned that Johnsdeere! A different low carb plan that I once did recommended drinking bullion broth every single day for this reason. I forgot all about that! :)

See, I asked my coach about it and she didn't seem to think I should do chicken broth. I asked because of a stomach condition I have which can make eating veggies a bit difficult, but I do very well with soups so I figured I could just make my own with veggies and broth. Hmm. I kind of figured I'd try without making soups, but if I have trouble I'll go ahead and try it.

Butterfly2005 05-30-2014 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZLinda (Post 5012997)
The other girls are right.

The Scientific reason to avoid alcohol when you are trying to burn fat...even if you just had, say, jack daniels and water which is very low in calories and zero carbs, is this...

Alcohol is not stored as fat. Well maybe a tiny bit like 5% The main problem with taking in alcohol while trying to burn fat at the same time is that it will greatly lower the amount of fat your body will burn for energy. In fact, It pretty much puts the breaks on the fat burning process all together until your liver has cleaned the alcohol completely out of your system...which can be like 2 days. Our liver plays an extremely major role in fat metabolism, so when you take in alcohol, your liver will have to stop metabolizing fat and puts it's focus on clearing the acetate produced by the alcohol out of our bodies.

To me, this is just not going to be worth it. 2 days of no fat burning? Just to have a few drinks? Nope. And believe me, I love my cocktails. But I have decided that while I am in Phase 1, and until I reach my goal weight, alcohol will not play a role in my life.

So, what do you do when you have a party to go to and you don't want to have to explain to everyone why you are not partaking in the libations? Fool them! Bring your fancy cocktail glass and put in some crushed ice, fresh squeezed limes, splenda, and some sparkling mineral water, add in a clice of lime and nobody will ever know the difference. You can walk arond the party holding your glass sipping on your healthy drink and have piece of mind that you will continue on with your fat burning in full effect. Mix up a small amout into a thermos and bring it with you so that you have refills. One of my best friends is having her 50th birthday party this coming Saturday night, and pretty much everyone there will be drinking, so, this is exactly what my plan of attack will be. :carrot:

I am with you on this. alcohol has no place in this plan. I do love my happy hour to but I know that it has played a major role in my weight gain. I have committed not to having any and when I might allow myself again will be on very special occasions.in the very far future! This past weekend I would have had some wine or a beer but I did exactly what Linda said while my son and Hubby enjoy the drinks.. I was proud of myself the next day for sticking it out and the sparkling water hit the spot....

lisa32989 05-30-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough (Post 5013451)
See, I asked my coach about it and she didn't seem to think I should do chicken broth. I asked because of a stomach condition I have which can make eating veggies a bit difficult, but I do very well with soups so I figured I could just make my own with veggies and broth. Hmm. I kind of figured I'd try without making soups, but if I have trouble I'll go ahead and try it.

The broth would be in addition to your 3 daily packets.

For months my go-to lunch was an IP soup (my preference was cream chicken or mushroom) with at least 1 c veggies pureed in.

I would make a pot of (measured raw) veggies
After cooking, I'd puree.
Then I compared puree amt with raw amt so I knew how much 1 c. veggies was from my puree.

(example: if I started with 8 c. raw & got 4 c. puree, then 1 c veggies was .5 c of my puree)

My favorites for my puree: leeks, bok choy, mushrooms, and sometimes bell peppers

There is a whole veggie puree thread for people who have a hard time getting all veggies in. Check the first post of the Daily Chat for the link.

Butterfly2005 05-30-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzieQ120 (Post 5013189)
Hello Everyone! I just discovered this forum and this is my first post. I am on day 3 today and so far so good. I am so motivated by reading all of your posts and the support here, in addition to the great ideas. Thank you all for sharing!

:welcome:

KillerKandy 05-30-2014 10:14 AM

Lisa I tried a banana nut and a raspberry one and just the thought of having any others makes my stomach turn so much that I end up not being in the mood to eat anything...its aweful.