3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Calling all Newbies! IP or IP using Alternatives...Let's do this! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/296165-calling-all-newbies-ip-ip-using-alternatives-lets-do.html)

AZLinda 06-05-2014 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamieJ (Post 5018023)
So I went to my first WI today. Down 5.5 pounds. I officially started on Sunday. I am amazed at how that is possible in such a short amount of time but what motivation to keep going!

Jamie

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/word/com...y-emoticon.gifJob on your first WI Jamie! It is amazing isn't it? :D

Simplylovely2 06-05-2014 11:59 PM

:hug:

Hello everyone! :)
My name is Nichole. I am new to the site but definitely not new to trying to get rid of stubborn body fat! I've been reading up on it for a while, since I started my lifestyle change actually, and I recently (as in last week recently) decided to change my diet to a HFLC type. I don't really know what to label it as, because I am not following a specific plan, all I know is that I do indeed feel great.. after the first 3 days were over with (my 3 days of **** -headaches, foggy, and simply just tired.)

SuzieQ120 06-06-2014 09:06 AM

Hi Nicole, Welcome! Glad you are through the keto flu.

I have a quick question. I know that sweetener is allowed, but how much is too much? I have 1 packet of Splenda in my morning coffee, but I would like to use Mio to flavor my water sometimes during the day. Is this too many carbs? I don't want to get out of ketosis... thanks

Simplylovely2 06-06-2014 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzieQ120 (Post 5018478)
Hi Nicole, Welcome! Glad you are through the keto flu.

I have a quick question. I know that sweetener is allowed, but how much is too much? I have 1 packet of Splenda in my morning coffee, but I would like to use Mio to flavor my water sometimes during the day. Is this too many carbs? I don't want to get out of ketosis... thanks

Thank you. :D
I think that the only way to know for sure is to try it out and see how your body responds to it. Maybe for say a week? I actually have no idea being that I don't really use any sweeteners. I also am not really a fan of coffee either. :o Everyone that I have talked to that does drink coffee actually suggest using heavy cream? Though I have not tried that out myself either. Very new and still trying to figure things out lol. :^: Sorry I couldn't help. :?: I'm looking forward to learning these things with you along the way though!

Ruth Ann 06-06-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzieQ120 (Post 5018478)

The standard I've always heard is to limit yourself to 5 extras a day. So 5 servings a day of the 0/0/0 stuff (WF, Splenda, Mio, etc.). YMMV

I personally stayed away from Mio after the first couple of times I tried it - tore my stomach up something awful. I switched to strong brewing decaf herbal tea and adding a bit to my water when I wanted flavor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplylovely2 (Post 5018525)
I think that the only way to know for sure is to try it out and see how your body responds to it. Maybe for say a week? I actually have no idea being that I don't really use any sweeteners. I also am not really a fan of coffee either. :o Everyone that I have talked to that does drink coffee actually suggest using heavy cream? Though I have not tried that out myself either. Very new and still trying to figure things out lol. :^: Sorry I couldn't help. :?: I'm looking forward to learning these things with you along the way though!

IP calls for 1 oz of skim milk in coffee once a day. I drink coffee black so I never used it. Heavy cream has a lot more fat than skim milk. I think some other low-carb plans like Atkins say heavy cream is ok. I'd stick with skim or use part of a RTD as your creamer.

lisa32989 06-06-2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Simplylovely2
If you are HFLC, that is VERY different from IP, which is low fat, low carb, moderate protein.
This is an IP thread (Ideal Protein Diet)
There is no heavy cream on IP

Simplylovely2 06-06-2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 5018549)
Simplylovely2
If you are HFLC, that is VERY different from IP, which is low fat, low carb, moderate protein.
This is an IP thread (Ideal Protein Diet)
There is no heavy cream on IP

Oops, sorry. :o :shrug:
I'll figure it out soon enough... I hope. :D

gypsette 06-06-2014 03:04 PM

Happy Friday! I started IP last Friday and my 1st WI @ the clinic was yesterday. 7.8 pounds! I know it's water, but I'll take it:) ...I see the change in my belly ( far less bloating ) skin is clearing, I'm not aimlessly overeating out of boredom, stress or lack of structure, and I feel hopeful about my summer IP personal makeover project -- looking forward to a new Labor Day dress size or two! Have a fantastic weekend all<3

IP43 06-06-2014 05:14 PM

Quote:

This is awesome that you clarified this part. At the beginning of this thread I had encouraged new people to ask questions on the daily because you'll get responses from people who have been here longer. If I'm travelling in new territory, I'd rather get advice from someone who has walked the road before me and knows the path, than the one walking alongside me since we might BOTH get lost! (kinda like the "blind leadin'the blind" analogy :D).

Some people didn't like that suggestion to check other threads, which is fine - to each their own - but if in doubt, you can always double post and ask elsewhere as well. There is definitely a lot to learn, and lots of great people who will share their knowledge with you along the way -- as you've already noticed by now I'm sure. This sure is a great forum for offering support at whatever stage of the journey you are on :hug:

IP43 06-06-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsette (Post 5018723)
Happy Friday! I started IP last Friday and my 1st WI @ the clinic was yesterday. 7.8 pounds! I know it's water, but I'll take it:) ...I see the change in my belly ( far less bloating ) skin is clearing, I'm not aimlessly overeating out of boredom, stress or lack of structure, and I feel hopeful about my summer IP personal makeover project -- looking forward to a new Labor Day dress size or two! Have a fantastic weekend all<3

I hope you take a "before" and "after" pic -- even just for yourself -- so you can see the "awesomeness" by Labor Day. Are you getting "hair and makeup" done too, or just a new outfit?

AZLinda 06-07-2014 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gypsette (Post 5018723)

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/word/con...y-emoticon.gifon your first WI Gypsette! Good Job!

AZLinda 06-07-2014 12:17 PM

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/he...y-emoticon.gif

Happy Saturday to you! I'm off the weekend..yay! :carrot:

Well tonight will be my very first night of temptation since starting the plan on May 21st. My Friends 50 Birthday bash is tonight. Filled with food and booze. I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong... I am telling myself this over and over. I got this! http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/sm...s-emoticon.gif

Hope you are all having a wonderful day so far!

Kellyc14 06-07-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZLinda (Post 5019185)
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/he...y-emoticon.gif

Happy Saturday to you! I'm off the weekend..yay! :carrot:

Well tonight will be my very first night of temptation since starting the plan on May 21st. My Friends 50 Birthday bash is tonight. Filled with food and booze. I will be strong, I will be strong, I will be strong... I am telling myself this over and over. I got this! http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/sm...s-emoticon.gif

Hope you are all having a wonderful day so far!

You got this!!!!! :dust:

IP43 06-07-2014 02:13 PM

As someone posted earlier somewhere Linda -- one drink of booze sets you back 3 days. At $12 a day, that makes it a $36 glass of wine. Unless your friend is serving the "Dom Perignon" $500 bottle stuff, it kinda puts the drink into $$ perspective for you

SunShine1968 06-07-2014 10:56 PM

Hi everyone, my name is Maria. I am debating on starting IP. I have seen excellent results from Colleagues at work and just worried to start IP because of the fewer calories a day intake. I have only seen positive reviews from you all. Any advice? Could really use it now...