Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 02:39 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 206/185/155-135

Height: 5ft

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Many people have WI Wednesday. Remember this:

Ok so my WI was Wednesday. I seem to have a 3lb loss average. I am very happy about that. But I feel like I am working my large buns off keeping OP and I want more. Anywho thats the mood today.

I do have a praise tho. Yesterday I spent all morning making my little girls birthday cake. Well I am not much of a cake decorator, so It was a huge disaster. I dreamed it looking one way and welll....it was bad. I started bawling and throwing cake away. LOL Now I can laugh but at the time it was upsetting. I was so tempted to shove my face full of cake and icing. I am very proud to report I didnt do that. Infact I ate my bar when everyone was eating cake. I kept OP and I'm proud. In the end the cake ended up fine. My little girl hugged me so tight when she saw it and saw that I made her a little cake of her own plus a cake for everyone else to eat. It was a good day. I can do this. I will push on. Have a great weekend everyone Remember cheating only hurts YOU!!!!
Old 05-23-2014, 03:02 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
Welcome to the club!!
My best advice for getting through the 1st week or week and a half is to go to bed early, make sure you have a light schedule and that day 3, 4 or 5 start on your days off - that way you can take it easy... Other than that
just know that it WILL get better and you won't feel awful for long...
Thanks! That should work out well - days 4 and 5 will be on the weekend, and I have nothing planned yet!
Old 05-23-2014, 03:05 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheshoresarah View Post
Welcome..today is day 2 for me. It is a bit of a change from weight watcher's, but for me WW never did the trick. Good luck....if you are like me, do plenty of research here.
I think I need something more rigid than WW, at least for a while. WW was great in teaching me moderation and portion sizes, but it hasn't been helping me shed pounds for a while now. And I'm doing all the research I can - been ignoring work and just reading through all the threads. And making my grocery list for the weekend.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:11 PM   #124  
Start date 05.21.2014

S/C/G: 180/166/120

Height: 5'4"

I know this has been asked before and I did try to find it in previous threads but no luck, I apologize ahead of time.

Are the following OK?

Coconut oil (is inherently healthier than olive oil)
Crystal Lite water additive (the IP additive is gross to me)
Old 05-23-2014, 03:43 PM   #125  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julzfatnomore View Post
I know this has been asked before and I did try to find it in previous threads but no luck, I apologize ahead of time.

Are the following OK?

Coconut oil (is inherently healthier than olive oil)
Crystal Lite water additive (the IP additive is gross to me)
Coconut oil is not on the P1 sheet.
That being said, I agree with you about it being a healthier alternative.
You decide.

You could use Mio or other water additions sweetened with sucralose. The powdered Crystal Lite is sweetened with aspartame so it's a no-go. Stick to the sucralose (or stevia) ones.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:36 PM   #126  

GlitterSlayer - way to handle the birthday cake situation! You should be super proud of yourself. I got a tear in my eye when you mentioned how happy your little one was with her cake. So sweet!
Old 05-23-2014, 05:47 PM   #127  
Started IP 5/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
I haven't changed a lot on pants size, my butt/hips are not budging as fast as the rest of me. I was wearing 18s-22's now I'm wearing 16's solidly, 18's are too big. But my shirt sizes have mad a giant leap, I've lost quite a lot in the waist and enough in the breast area.
WooHoo. That is something to celebrate
Old 05-23-2014, 05:54 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Anniepoo View Post
I'm in the same situation and didn't want to have to spend too much money on a swimsuit when I'm not planning to stay this size for long either. But I'm heading to the beach for a week, and I simply HAVE to have one, right? I went to Walmart and found that they have some for $10! They may not be the loveliest or most durable, but since I only need it for a week, it'll work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeron View Post
I ordered a swimsuit on zulily, but shipping takes forever! Not sure you have enough time. I was able to get it at a good price and won't feel like it was a waste if it's too big soon

Anniepoo: I don't normally shop at Walmart so I didn't even think of that. Thanks!

Dangeron: I think you're right. I don't have enough time.

A friend suggested board shorts and a tank top. I have one of those workout skirts with the already included underwear. Maybe I'll do that with a tank top. I'll be in Oregon. Everybody dresses weird there. No one will notice.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:13 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

My daughter-in-law made jambalaya, my old favorite, it smells good, my tummy is rumbling, BUT I feel So much better eating the way I do now- I honestly don't feel deprived in the least bit. I like this!
Old 05-23-2014, 06:35 PM   #130  
Started IP 5/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
Making summer plans and I have to say that this summer is going to be hard! I liked the post-holiday, dreary end of winter and still chilly springtime time for dieting much better than the warm summer, camping, vacations, backyard bbq time for dieting!!! I will push through, as will all of you here, but man-oh-man do I want a (low calorie, skinny girl variety) mojito by the pool!!! Sigh, next year......
Let me know when you find that mojito! I agree summer will be harder for me as well.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:46 PM   #131  
Started IP 5/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully1961 View Post
Had my weigh in yesterday> as I stepped on the scale and looked forward, I said to my coach, "I am beginning to dread Thursdays because of the weigh in and I am always afraid of what the scale will say to me." She replied, "Well look down." Lo and behold the scale said 182.5 lbs. - down 5 pounds in the past week! Wow! Maybe I will have to re-think my feelings about Thursdays. I have officially lost 10% of my body weight in 7 weeks...now for another 10%. It would be great to lose it by the end of June. We'll see.
Thursdays may become your favorite day with a loss like that.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:48 PM   #132  
Started IP 5/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
I really watched my carb intake this week - one of the bars I loved had 21 grams in it. Cut them out for a week to see if it made a huge difference and boy, did it ever! Weighed in this morning and lost 12 pounds this week!!!!! That is amazing to me. Believe me when I say there's plenty more where that came from, but I am sure celebrating today! That's a total of 33.6 since April 12th. Lost inches too so I am super happy. Going to celebrate by treating myself to a long-overdue haircut this afternoon. I'm working hard on finding non- food ways to treat myself.
Congrats on the loss! Enjoy your celebration.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #133  
Started IP 5/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Had my first WI.......... Drum roll...... Down 12 lbs!!!!!

That's all the incentive I need! of course I do realize that you lose more the fist week, but that's ok, I'm excited! Brought my food home and separated it into individual days, rubber banded it and I am good to go!

I do have to admit, I am afraid that I will be disappointed next WI, after such a big loss, even though I know that I shouldn't be.geez wouldn't it be wonderful if we could lose that much every week

I didn't have any ip products this morning and I didn't have time to make eggs, so by the time I was done weighing I came home and was going to make a coffee with vanilla drink mix in the blender, then I realized that it was lunch time and I needed my veggies, so I threw 2 cups of spinach in the blender and some ice, sounds gross but it wasn't bad- and I got my veggies in!
Congrats on the loss! I just haven't been able to mentally adjust to the idea of spinach in my drinks but it would be a great way to get the veggies in.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:58 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbj View Post
Congrats on the loss! I just haven't been able to mentally adjust to the idea of spinach in my drinks but it would be a great way to get the veggies in.
You really can't taste it. Not much anyway. I was surprised that it was edible, I was drinking it regardless, I wasn't going to waste an ip packet!!!
Old 05-23-2014, 08:08 PM   #135  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
You really can't taste it. Not much anyway. I was surprised that it was edible, I was drinking it regardless, I wasn't going to waste an ip packet!!!
I'm with her. I love my spinach shake I have every morning! It is a super easy way to get your veggies in. The girls I work with have started to call it my hulk drink. Only that it is making me smaller rather than larger.
Closed Thread