Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 08:51 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 203/166/155

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for all the support here. I celebrated my big loss on the scale this week with a chocolate lava cake for dessert tonight. What a treat. If you haven't tried the recipe and are craving chocolate cake you will love it.
Have a good weekend everyone. Stay "all in" and the pounds WILL come off.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:18 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbj View Post
Congrats on the loss! I just haven't been able to mentally adjust to the idea of spinach in my drinks but it would be a great way to get the veggies in.
srbj - I, too, approached the idea of greens in my shake with great reluctance. The mental image of it was almost too much. But I love the mental image of skinny so much I tried it - and was surprised!

My favorite way to do it is to use frozen chopped spinach or collard greens. Because they are chopped, they integrate better into the shake. Because they are frozen, it is like adding ice to thicken it with the cold. I get a very very thick almost mousse like treat with the green barely perceptible.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:39 PM   #138  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Getting excited for the three day weekend! It is much needed on my end.

So I could use some input....I'm wondering if I should just postpone this trip until the spring when I will much more likely be totally done with IP? I'm in a pickle because I really need to start booking things asap. I know I could phase off and hop back on after the trip, but I've heard people have a hard time getting back on the wagon after phasing off temporarily. What would you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Swim suit- what is that?? Lol I can't wait for the day when I can wear a swim suit! My family was planning a trip to blue bayou (water park) last year and I opted out, no way does anyone need to see this body in a bathing suit, especially not speeding down a water slide! I did however take my grand baby to the beach one day last summer, just the two of us, and I braved it and wore shorts and tank top and went in the water with her. The things we'll do for our kids/ grand kids.

I'll be excited when I can say, hey kids let's go to the beach!!!!
Both of these posts made me realize how much we let our weight/food guide our life choices. I have so few pictures with my kids because I don't want to see how I look in them so I'm the photographer. My kids think they're dad is awesome (and he is) because they see all the great things he did with them and I'm like "Hey, I was there too-- who do you think took the pic??" If something were to happen to me (God forbid) but where are their photos of their cool mom? The "cake" story today says it all -- the kids don't care about our imperfections. Just we do.

I think you need to go on your trip when you want to go. Make the diet work for your life. I've had a few trips I never made it on for whatever reason and I always regretted it after. And if we want to go to the beach, or the waterslide, who cares what the others think

As that beautiful song says "And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance....I hope you dance."

Last edited by IP43; 05-23-2014 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:44 PM   #139  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

So when I said I'd be back on a regular basis, I SHOULD be back on a regular basis, but I am super busy with apartment searching for my new job and relocating... Trying super hard to make sure I stay on track... This is more stressful than finals ever were...
Closed Thread