Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 11:34 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 170.4/157.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Default I Start Tuesday!

Hi everyone. I'm starting IP on Tuesday. I actually made the decision to start a couple weeks ago, but had a few wine tastings planned with friends, so I decided to wait. I've definitely taken advantage of my extra time - I've eaten Thai food four times in the last two weeks!

I've been a Weight Watchers member for about four years. I lost 40 pounds and then was diagnosed with some stomach issues that caused me to have to change my diet, which of course caused me to gain 20 back. I've managed to stop the weight gain but for the life of me can't seem to lose any. I think I've gotten Weight Watchers fatigue and just need to try something new. I'm glad you are all here for support. It sounds like the first few days can be pretty rough! Any advice to help get through them?
Old 05-23-2014, 11:36 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hey Murphypuppy: No cal/carb/fat mojito mocktail = seltzer with fresh mint & lime juice muddled in the bottom & as little stevia, splenda, whatever, that you can get away with.

You're Welcome...

Liana
I can't wait to try this!!!!
Old 05-23-2014, 12:15 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 203/166/155

Height: 5'3"

Had my weigh in yesterday> as I stepped on the scale and looked forward, I said to my coach, "I am beginning to dread Thursdays because of the weigh in and I am always afraid of what the scale will say to me." She replied, "Well look down." Lo and behold the scale said 182.5 lbs. - down 5 pounds in the past week! Wow! Maybe I will have to re-think my feelings about Thursdays. I have officially lost 10% of my body weight in 7 weeks...now for another 10%. It would be great to lose it by the end of June. We'll see.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:20 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Sully1961:

Doing the happy little cloud dance for you today...

Liana
Old 05-23-2014, 12:43 PM   #95  
Started IP 5/1/14

S/C/G: 239/200/155

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully1961 View Post
Had my weigh in yesterday> as I stepped on the scale and looked forward, I said to my coach, "I am beginning to dread Thursdays because of the weigh in and I am always afraid of what the scale will say to me." She replied, "Well look down." Lo and behold the scale said 182.5 lbs. - down 5 pounds in the past week! Wow! Maybe I will have to re-think my feelings about Thursdays. I have officially lost 10% of my body weight in 7 weeks...now for another 10%. It would be great to lose it by the end of June. We'll see.
Sully!!! Congrats! That's so exciting!
Old 05-23-2014, 12:52 PM   #96  

Default Celebrating today

I really watched my carb intake this week - one of the bars I loved had 21 grams in it. Cut them out for a week to see if it made a huge difference and boy, did it ever! Weighed in this morning and lost 12 pounds this week!!!!! That is amazing to me. Believe me when I say there's plenty more where that came from, but I am sure celebrating today! That's a total of 33.6 since April 12th. Lost inches too so I am super happy. Going to celebrate by treating myself to a long-overdue haircut this afternoon. I'm working hard on finding non- food ways to treat myself.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:00 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Cool small NSV today already

Ok I get the munchies something fierce (could be TOM BUT I really don't get an AF due to an IUD but still) so instead of grabbing animal crackers, rice chips or something high sodium/fat / sugar I ate 2 celery stalks with WF pb which I added 2 HEAPING Tbs of cinnamon to it and munched on those chased down by a BIG glass of water. YAY ME!!!

Slow baby steps back to where I was, it is hard to get back but I am slowly and surely!:ca rrot:

Today I am retaining water and feel bloated so to banish that with a ton of water and I will be great!
Old 05-23-2014, 01:02 PM   #98  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post
Hi everyone. I'm starting IP on Tuesday. I actually made the decision to start a couple weeks ago, but had a few wine tastings planned with friends, so I decided to wait. I've definitely taken advantage of my extra time - I've eaten Thai food four times in the last two weeks!

I've been a Weight Watchers member for about four years. I lost 40 pounds and then was diagnosed with some stomach issues that caused me to have to change my diet, which of course caused me to gain 20 back. I've managed to stop the weight gain but for the life of me can't seem to lose any. I think I've gotten Weight Watchers fatigue and just need to try something new. I'm glad you are all here for support. It sounds like the first few days can be pretty rough! Any advice to help get through them?
Welcome to the club!!
My best advice for getting through the 1st week or week and a half is to go to bed early, make sure you have a light schedule and that day 3, 4 or 5 start on your days off - that way you can take it easy... Other than that
just know that it WILL get better and you won't feel awful for long...
Old 05-23-2014, 01:06 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 206/145/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
Getting excited for the three day weekend! It is much needed on my end.

So I could use some input. My BF and I want to plan a trip in the fall, second week of October or so, to go to Kentucky to do the Bourbon Trail and visit all of the distilleries. We'd also hit Nashville and the Great Smoky Mountains on our trip. I keep telling myself that I'll probably be done with the diet by October, but I know that the last 20 pounds or so can take longer to come off than the first 20. I also don't want to go on vacation right after I hit maintenance if I do lose everything by then (my ticker goal is 175 but I think my ultimate goal will be about 155).

If I go on this trip I definitely want to at least do the bourbon tastings. I'd love to be able to taste some great southern food too, but that's less of a priority for me. I'm wondering if I should just postpone this trip until the spring when I will much more likely be totally done with IP? I'm in a pickle because I really need to start booking things asap. I know I could phase off and hop back on after the trip, but I've heard people have a hard time getting back on the wagon after phasing off temporarily. What would you do?
I second CO 6 when it comes to the alcohol. I had to sign a contract at my clinic agreeing not to drink any alcohol when I started IP. Not due to the carbs/calories, but due to the risk of passing out (and injury) from hypoglycemia, though you may not even feel the effects of the alcohol in other ways. My sister did IP over a year ago and that happened to her - we were out and she had very little alcohol, but passed out cold.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:11 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 206/145/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCoolEnough View Post

Congratulations are your decision to start IP. Yes, the first week can be tough. I recommend having all your food for the week prepared ahead of time (I premeasure and have everything in baggies so I can just grab and go) and go to bed early (you won't have much energy). I had headaches and found that salt (just putting some on my hand and licking it off) helped them go away quickly. Use this site for support if you feel week or to celebrate your victories. Another very useful resource is a book called "the Beck Diet Solution," it's worth it's weight in gold. I learned about it from this site. Good Luck! You can do it!!
Old 05-23-2014, 01:19 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Ok I get the munchies something fierce (could be TOM BUT I really don't get an AF due to an IUD but still) so instead of grabbing animal crackers, rice chips or something high sodium/fat / sugar I ate 2 celery stalks with WF pb which I added 2 HEAPING Tbs of cinnamon to it and munched on those chased down by a BIG glass of water. YAY ME!!!

Slow baby steps back to where I was, it is hard to get back but I am slowly and surely!:ca rrot:

Today I am retaining water and feel bloated so to banish that with a ton of water and I will be great!
I guess we should be finding a way to do dancing celery sticks instead of carrots? Great choice and it actually makes me want to add cinnamon to WF PB and see how it tastes. Cinnamon is also very good for you.

Back on track is a good feeling, yes? Congratulations.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:22 PM   #102  

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallerin2014 View Post
I second CO 6 when it comes to the alcohol. I had to sign a contract at my clinic agreeing not to drink any alcohol when I started IP. Not due to the carbs/calories, but due to the risk of passing out (and injury) from hypoglycemia, though you may not even feel the effects of the alcohol in other ways. My sister did IP over a year ago and that happened to her - we were out and she had very little alcohol, but passed out cold.
In total agreement here!!! I made the mistake of ignoring the warnings and had a few vodka and diet tonics last weekend and I can say, from experience, that it hits hard and fast. Not good on any level - I haven't felt so awful after drinking since college!!!! And I really didn't drink that much... I'm lucky I didn't get into more trouble than I did. I did pass out and have a bruise the size of Alaska on my thigh and a skinned knee to show for it. Not the most ladylike night of my life for sure - I won't be making that choice again!!!
Old 05-23-2014, 01:24 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I guess we should be finding a way to do dancing celery sticks instead of carrots? Great choice and it actually makes me want to add cinnamon to WF PB and see how it tastes. Cinnamon is also very good for you.

Back on track is a good feeling, yes? Congratulations.
Yes yes YES!!! I cant stand WF Pbutter it taste like a chemical plant. BUT when you add a boat load of cinnamon it helps LOL. And I have a stock pile of cinnamon gum too. I love cinnamon and have since I was a tot. So slow and steady for me hehehe
Old 05-23-2014, 01:26 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully1961 View Post
Way to go Sully that is a great loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRev View Post
I really watched my carb intake this week - one of the bars I loved had 21 grams in it. Cut them out for a week to see if it made a huge difference and boy, did it ever! Weighed in this morning and lost 12 pounds this week!!!!! That is amazing to me. Believe me when I say there's plenty more where that came from, but I am sure celebrating today! That's a total of 33.6 since April 12th. Lost inches too so I am super happy. Going to celebrate by treating myself to a long-overdue haircut this afternoon. I'm working hard on finding non- food ways to treat myself.
Congratulations GraceRev Find a non-food reward is so important, maybe it is time for a pediccure?

Amber- Way to go on the NVS of smaller shirt sizes. It is so funny how are bodies change shape in some areas and hold on in others.

Sarahbell, get choice with the celery.

I had my weigh in today and donated 1lb to the fat loss bank and was excited about the 2 inches I dropped. Yesterday I had a NSV, we got box fulls of cupcakes delivered to work, they were beautiful. I took two home for my kids. It felt empowering to not eat them and have self control.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:31 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Yes yes YES!!! I cant stand WF Pbutter it taste like a chemical plant. BUT when you add a boat load of cinnamon it helps LOL. And I have a stock pile of cinnamon gum too. I love cinnamon and have since I was a tot. So slow and steady for me hehehe
sarahbell - You are essentially half way and that is an accomplishment. Then you are on the back half down....you will have gone further than you have left. Small goals and victories are for celebration.
Closed Thread