Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 09:00 PM   #151  

Height: 5 '6

65, Ruth Ann, schenectady and getnlean, I am number 4 of 5 sisters as well! We stay in close touch with a daily ongoing 'group texting' (Hawaii69 is number 3)

Last edited by Hiker88; 04-25-2014 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:17 PM   #152  
Restarted IP February 19

S/C/G: 216.6/190.7/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
65, Ruth Ann, schenectady and getnlean, I am number 4 of 5 sisters as well! We stay in close touch with a daily ongoing 'group texting' (Hawaii69 is number 3)
How wonderful! I can't imagine not having my large family. The holidays are a crazy chaos that I love, but it is so nice when just the 7 of us get together. Awesome that you have family support for I P too!
Old 04-25-2014, 09:28 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemum View Post
Yay for body changes! That's awesome!
Thanks! I got another NSV today, too: one of my MALE colleagues (the art teacher) told me that he could tell I've lost weight.

Last edited by Fearciuil; 04-25-2014 at 09:29 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 04-25-2014, 09:48 PM   #154  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
Thanks! I got another NSV today, too: one of my MALE colleagues (the art teacher) told me that he could tell I've lost weight.
I had a male collegue mention my weightloss today too.... isn't it wonderful?? I know some people get uncomfortable (and I have too on occasion) but when its just a sincere complement I eat it up!! Okay, you would think by not I wouldn't use the word 'eat' like that!! Still learning apparently.. LOL
Old 04-25-2014, 09:51 PM   #155  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirishrose View Post
Weird question for married women...since I've lost weight my husband has this fear of me getting raped. Anyone else have something like this happen? How do I make him feel better? I think it's slightly funny....but I also don't want him to freak out when I am out at night (sometimes I have to be, for school and stuff) and he's really worried about a mission trip I'm going on this summer. Anyone have any advice?
I haven't caught up to the end of today so maybe people have answered these all but I think
1) you're starting to look smoking hot and your hubby is noticing and thinking everyone else is thinking your as hot now too! (= compliment in a weird way)
2) As someone said, he may be feeling self-conscious about himself. Validate that you appreciate his worries, and that he's right - his wife IS smoking hot -- but isn't he a lucky guy that your eyes are only for him
3) I liked all the other advice given about safety precautions to go over with him to show him you're as prepared as you can be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post
I want to keep an emergency stash of protein products in my car...
I would buy a shaker at Walmart (cheaper than IP) and leave it in your car with a powder packet. You can get a bottle of water at any store/drive through/vending machine to have a cold refreshing shake that won't go bad. I tried adding the powder to a water bottle and made more of a mess than it was worth. Lol (or get a funnel at dollar store -- that would work too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntto6cuties View Post
Hi everyone. I am new to this site and IP. I am finishing up my 14th day on IP. I am CONSTANTLY hungry and its driving me nuts!!! I talked with my coach today about it and she doesnt know why i am and pretty much told me its all in my head.
Here is what i have been eating:

BF: IP Wild Berry Shake (8:30)
Snack: IP BBQ Chips (10:30) becuase im so hungry
Lunch-IP Chicken A LA King and 2 cups veggies, usually peppers and cucumbers.(12:30
Snack: IP PUdding or Carmel Nut Bar(4:00, if i can make it that long)
Dinner:8 oz of meat and some cooked veggies

Im not thrilled with my coach, so i thought i would ask here...what am i doing wrong?
I'm not sure about "wrong" but you do have BBQ chips for breakfast snack and then an Caramel Nut bar for pm snack = 2 restricteds. Turn one of those into boiled eggs or celery or something. A shake can be much more filling too if you add the ice and make a smoothie. I get 2-3 servings of thick liquid from one shake pack. If the taste is too diluted you can add a shot of a flavour liquid like a DaVinci syrup maybe? Finally, loads of people have mentioned to make a large salad. At work when I make my salad people at first questioned "Is it staff lunch? Are you making that for all of us?"... Nope people -- get your eyes off my prize!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles1984 View Post
Hi y'all! I know this has been answered (because I read it a few weeks ago...) but I can't find it again and I forgot what it said.

I'm pretty sure I have the flu. Body aches, chills, headache, fever (though never over 100.5?)...Is the IP protocol hindering my immune system in anyway? I'd really like to get better ASAP. I've stayed 100% OP since I started feeling ill but I don't know if the low calorie and carb counts are hurting anything. Thoughts?
My thoughts are that when I'm on IP I'm taking more vitamins and eating more healthy food than I ever have before so I can't see that hindering your immune system. It is a brutal time of year for illness and tons of people are sick right now. I have all of the above, including sinus and sore throat - we all just keep getting better then giving it back to each other. Just remember to avoid cough syrups etc. that are loaded with sugar
Old 04-25-2014, 09:56 PM   #156  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I'm not sure about "wrong" but you do have BBQ chips for breakfast snack and then an Caramel Nut bar for pm snack = 2 restricteds.
The BBQ chips aren't restricted, they just taste like they should be!
Old 04-25-2014, 09:56 PM   #157  

Just a note: BBQ chips are unrestricted
Old 04-25-2014, 09:57 PM   #158  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Great minds Hiker! And I didn't realize you and Hawaii were sisters - how cool!
Old 04-25-2014, 09:59 PM   #159  

Ruth Ann we must have been typing at the same time! Yes Hawaii has been inspiring me to keep going and her workout schedule will be tough to keep up with when I start maintenance!!
Old 04-25-2014, 10:21 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 140/138/115 (Reboot-Nov. 2015)

Height: 5'-3 1/2"

Hello, I M new to this and have been on ideal protein for a month. I am close to my goal weight now because I only had 20 pounds to lose but have not lost much since the first week. I lost 12 pounds the first week and barely 2 since then. I am a bit frustrated. Has this happened to anyone else out there?
Old 04-25-2014, 10:44 PM   #161  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Thanks for updating me. I haven't been to a clinic for many months so I didn't know we had BBQ chips! I just have the "ridges" and they were restricted. I'm using up old IP products and most of mine expired Sept/Oct 13. I guess I need to make a trip to a coach soon if there are CHIPS available! LOL
Old 04-25-2014, 10:46 PM   #162  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondi13 View Post
Hello, I M new to this and have been on ideal protein for a month. I am close to my goal weight now because I only had 20 pounds to lose but have not lost much since the first week. I lost 12 pounds the first week and barely 2 since then. I am a bit frustrated. Has this happened to anyone else out there?
12 pounds the first week is amazing. However what is typical is big loss week 1 and maybe 2, and then it evens out to much smaller numbers. Part of the 12 pounds is glycogen or something (I forget) but as soon as you go off this diet, you will probably put 3-5 pounds back on as soon as you start eating carbs regularly again. (Don't want to scare you -- it's just the chemical reality of how this diet works)
Old 04-25-2014, 11:15 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 140/138/115 (Reboot-Nov. 2015)

Height: 5'-3 1/2"

Yes gaining bAck is easy for sure but fortunately I'm not a big carb eater but I do have a Sweet tooth that has always been my problem which of course is where I get most of my carbs from. Hopefully this time , will stop eating before it get back to where I began.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:17 AM   #164  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Quote:
Whoa wait what? The bbq chips are unrestricted??????? IP BBQ chips? Um... if it wasn't so late I'd go get the box but I'm already in bed.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:20 AM   #165  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Reenhag...borrow away!! You are young and can make lots of memories! Our spouses support this, and never felt left out because one day we won't be 5 anymore...and they know we would regret not doing this. I also host sister weekends. I have the most bedrooms in my house, and my kids are both gone...plus we have no pets...and dh goes to vist one of our grown daughters when they all come so we can have a 3 day Pj party. We try to do this about every other year...
Excellent! I love the PJ party idea! And after losing my brother in 2012, I know that one day we won't all be together, either, and that it can happen anytime. (One big motivator for starting IP!) I love my big, crazy family, and treasure making memories with them, as silly as they may be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Whoa wait what? The bbq chips are unrestricted??????? IP BBQ chips? Um... if it wasn't so late I'd go get the box but I'm already in bed.
Too funny! Night!
Closed Thread