Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 04:37 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 236/202/150

Height: 5'6"

two pounds until I am no longer obese by my BMI standards... YAY..
Old 04-25-2014, 04:44 PM   #137  
IP Start Date: 28Feb2013

S/C/G: 328.8/207.4/180

Height: 6'0"

65-- Yes, you are correct. In my head I was combining two different thoughts and it came out wrong. Thank you for clarifying my mistake!!
Old 04-25-2014, 04:48 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillaryJH View Post
65-- Yes, you are correct. In my head I was combining two different thoughts and it came out wrong. Thank you for clarifying my mistake!!
No problem...I figured you knew...but worry when we don't catch those quick answers, (which we all fire off), and someone needs to do an "addendum" for readers who may not actually have mastered the basics.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:02 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 229(April 1,2014)/208/150

Height: 5'7

Hi y'all! I know this has been answered (because I read it a few weeks ago...) but I can't find it again and I forgot what it said.

I'm pretty sure I have the flu. Body aches, chills, headache, fever (though never over 100.5?). The doc did a swab yesterday but barely entered the nasal canal PLUS it was a rapid test so it's not so accurate and it came back negative. I don't have any cold symptoms like the runny nose and such. Let me get to my actual question.....background wasn't entirely necessary I guess...

Is the IP protocol hindering my immune system in anyway? I'd really like to get better ASAP. I've stayed 100% OP since I started feeling ill but I don't know if the low calorie and carb counts are hurting anything. Thoughts?
Old 04-25-2014, 05:09 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
So the lunch thing went OK. I ate my zucchini muffins before I went and we sat outside on the patio because it's a glorious, beautiful day here. I told the waitress I wanted a plain side salad, with romaine, iceberg and a few tomatoes. Olive oil on the side with some lemons. When she brought it out it was mixed greens, with shredded cheddar cheese, fried tortilla chips and avacado drowning in ranch dressing. I sent it back. Everybody else (there were about 20 people there) was eating and one person asked where my food was. I just said they got it wrong and it should be coming soon. The waitress came back with the right thing and it worked out ok.

I had a great time outside with my coworkers for several hours before we came back to the office. I'm glad I went. Thanks to all for your advice.
I am so happy that the lunch worked out well. There will always be situations where one might be tempted to go off because of some reason, many of them quite understandable. But add one lunch to one birthday to one anniversary to one baby shower to one wedding to one family reunion.....one needs to draw the line in the sand!

That being said I am so proud of you sending the salad back. It is not worth going off IP by not wanting to possibly ruffle feathers. This program teaches to put yourself first and learn to stand up for what is important.

Kudos to you on all sorts of levels.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:12 PM   #141  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hello All, some great scale & NSV's! I have been reading but not posting, been in a REAL stall for a month, but had my bloodwork done last week and had to UP my Synthroid and I am back on 50,000 Vit. D. Hope that starts my VERY SLOW journey back- up. I have to laugh at people who "think" they are in a plateau or stall, you really have NO idea. I think an actual plateau is 6 weeks without change.
I feel your pain. My doc has been trying to get to the bottom of my stall, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntto6cuties View Post
Hi everyone. I am new to this site and IP. I am finishing up my 14th day on IP. I am CONSTANTLY hungry and its driving me nuts!!! I talked with my coach today about it and she doesnt know why i am and pretty much told me its all in my head.
Here is what i have been eating:

BF: IP Wild Berry Shake (8:30)
Snack: IP BBQ Chips (10:30) becuase im so hungry
Lunch-IP Chicken A LA King and 2 cups veggies, usually peppers and cucumbers.(12:30
Snack: IP PUdding or Carmel Nut Bar(4:00, if i can make it that long)
Dinner:8 oz of meat and some cooked veggies

Im not thrilled with my coach, so i thought i would ask here...what am i doing wrong?

I lost 7.9lbs the first week and 2 this week, so im happy about that, but ready to quit because of constantly being hungry. My hair has also changed, different texture, more thin etc and that worries me to.
Not everyone gets the reduced appetite from ketosis.
Usually people who weren't insulin resistant to start.
IP works for many people but it doesn't work for everyone.
There is an alternative plan that includes a dairy, a starch and a fruit every day, one in each meal perhaps you want to look into that, especially if you have already determined that this is true hunger and not just cravings and wanting to eat.
Simple answer, you might not be doing anything wrong.
But just to emphasize make sure that you're getting all of your oil, all of your vegetables and eating two salads daily. If you're still super hungry after all of that then perhaps looking into that alternative plan might be a good option for you
Old 04-25-2014, 05:23 PM   #142  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntto6cuties View Post
Hi everyone. I am new to this site and IP. I am finishing up my 14th day on IP. I am CONSTANTLY hungry and its driving me nuts!!! I talked with my coach today about it and she doesnt know why i am and pretty much told me its all in my head.
Here is what i have been eating:

BF: IP Wild Berry Shake (8:30)
Snack: IP BBQ Chips (10:30) becuase im so hungry
Lunch-IP Chicken A LA King and 2 cups veggies, usually peppers and cucumbers.(12:30
Snack: IP PUdding or Carmel Nut Bar(4:00, if i can make it that long)
Dinner:8 oz of meat and some cooked veggies

Im not thrilled with my coach, so i thought i would ask here...what am i doing wrong?

I lost 7.9lbs the first week and 2 this week, so im happy about that, but ready to quit because of constantly being hungry. My hair has also changed, different texture, more thin etc and that worries me to.

Any input from the experts here would be great.

Thank you
I was incredibly hungry for the first month. I was taking an aspirin a day and it was coated with something that I guess had carbs. Once I quit taking it, the hunger disappeared. Check your medications as well as the food you are eating.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:29 PM   #143  

Height: 5'2

Went for my results appointment with my doc today. She was really good to explain all the blood work results with me. Good news is my thyroid seems to be functioning normally. My cholesterol was very low. Even the good cholesterol. She said it was all so low that it matched that of someone with an eating disorder. Good thing I'm in maintenance now so I can incorporate more of those good fats back in my diet. Vitamin D is low as usual but not as low as it's been in the past. Iron was a bit low which is weird considering the amount of protein and veg I eat but hemoglobin is perfect. Otherwise everything looks good. Thought you all would be interested to know the blood work results of a recent IP graduate!
Old 04-25-2014, 05:44 PM   #144  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirishrose View Post
Weird question for married women...since I've lost weight my husband has this fear of me getting raped. Anyone else have something like this happen? How do I make him feel better? I think it's slightly funny....but I also don't want him to freak out when I am out at night (sometimes I have to be, for school and stuff) and he's really worried about a mission trip I'm going on this summer. Anyone have any advice?
I agree with what RuthAnn posted on this topic- perhaps he has to come to terms with the idea of the changing look of your body and how other men will see you. Rape is not about sexual attraction; it is about power. Maybe have a talk with him about this?

That being said, have you considered carrying pepper spray, taking self-defense classes, etc? That might ease his mind, and would be beneficial for you, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
WOW...I never knew that about you!!!! I wonder how many of us 5ers there are??? We are doing a sister's trip in June...and it is a wonderful tradition. We started it on my 50th B-day. B-day girl gets a sister's ring with all 5 of our birthstones...and a trip to the destination of her choice. Now the last sister will be turning 50... in 2015...
Then I will be up again for a big b-day... in 2018 I will be 70...so I get to plan the place! I'm thinking Europe...and we will have another round of birthday trips!

(However...as my one BIL says..."you ladies manage to find plenty to celebrate in between the birthday trips...there is always an EVENT or REASON you need to commemorate".) Which is true...now we just go....
This is an AWESOME tradition! I may have to steal it LOL
I have one sister, but then acquired four more sisters and three brothers through remarriages. My family is awesome! Recently, my sis and I started doing cousin dinners with my female cousins. We go once a month and catch up. I want to get my siblings together for regular dinners, too; it is so fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolamommy View Post
Hi All!

This is my first day on IP. I had a few friends who did it with great success but I kept brushing it off until there was no point in waiting any longer. I've been lurking here gathering information and researching online for weeks and finally made the appointment and met with my coach this week. I'm super excited for this journey to get going!
Excellent! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
So the lunch thing went OK. I ate my zucchini muffins before I went and we sat outside on the patio because it's a glorious, beautiful day here. I told the waitress I wanted a plain side salad, with romaine, iceberg and a few tomatoes. Olive oil on the side with some lemons. When she brought it out it was mixed greens, with shredded cheddar cheese, fried tortilla chips and avacado drowning in ranch dressing. I sent it back. Everybody else (there were about 20 people there) was eating and one person asked where my food was. I just said they got it wrong and it should be coming soon. The waitress came back with the right thing and it worked out ok.

I had a great time outside with my coworkers for several hours before we came back to the office. I'm glad I went. Thanks to all for your advice.
Wow, glad everything worked out. Usually, most places (even bars) will have a burger you can order plain and bunless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles1984 View Post
I'm pretty sure I have the flu. Body aches, chills, headache, fever (though never over 100.5?). The doc did a swab yesterday but barely entered the nasal canal PLUS it was a rapid test so it's not so accurate and it came back negative. I don't have any cold symptoms like the runny nose and such. Let me get to my actual question.....background wasn't entirely necessary I guess...

Is the IP protocol hindering my immune system in anyway? I'd really like to get better ASAP. I've stayed 100% OP since I started feeling ill but I don't know if the low calorie and carb counts are hurting anything. Thoughts?
If I recall correctly, in the past, Lisa has mentioned that the lack of sugars in the IP protocol actaully helps in recovering from illnesses, as the viruses thrive on sugars. On IP, you are starving those buggers! Feel better soon!
Old 04-25-2014, 05:49 PM   #145  
Restarted IP February 19

S/C/G: 216.6/190.7/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
WOW...I never knew that about you!!!! I wonder how many of us 5ers there are??? We are doing a sister's trip in June...and it is a wonderful tradition. We started it on my 50th B-day. B-day girl gets a sister's ring with all 5 of our birthstones...and a trip to the destination of her choice. Now the last sister will be turning 50... in 2015...
Then I will be up again for a big b-day... in 2018 I will be 70...so I get to plan the place! I'm thinking Europe...and we will have another round of birthday trips!

(However...as my one BIL says..."you ladies manage to find plenty to celebrate in between the birthday trips...there is always an EVENT or REASON you need to commemorate".) Which is true...now we just go....
I am the youngest of 7 girls. Our "sisters day" is the first Saturday after June 4th, our parents anniversary. We started it 3 years ago, after both parents were gone. No spouses, no children, just us. We have a blast. I wish we had started the tradition sooner.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:51 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 229(April 1,2014)/208/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
If I recall correctly, in the past, Lisa has mentioned that the lack of sugars in the IP protocol actaully helps in recovering from illnesses, as the viruses thrive on sugars. On IP, you are starving those buggers! Feel better soon!
Thanks! I was hoping that was the answer. 15 pounds in three weeks. No virus is going to stop that momentum if I can help it!
Old 04-25-2014, 05:57 PM   #147  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
V-8 has about 10 carbs per serving. Anything not on the P1 sheet needs to be 0 carbs/0 fat/0 sugar
Wow, had no idea. Thanks!
Old 04-25-2014, 05:59 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by getnlean View Post
I am the youngest of 7 girls. Our "sisters day" is the first Saturday after June 4th, our parents anniversary. We started it 3 years ago, after both parents were gone. No spouses, no children, just us. We have a blast. I wish we had started the tradition sooner.
This is an awesome tradition too! We also exclude the spouses, kids and pets! It started because I wanted a weekend to finish all the convos that we sisters had all left hanging because a toddler needed to go potty, a teenager had a fender bender, the dog had an accident on the new rug and dh was having trouble getting the grill lighted or enough ice in the cooler......and wasn't sure where the "big burger tray is..."

Yours sounds really special too...

Reenhag...borrow away!! You are young and can make lots of memories! Our spouses support this, and never felt left out because one day we won't be 5 anymore...and they know we would regret not doing this. I also host sister weekends. I have the most bedrooms in my house, and my kids are both gone...plus we have no pets...and dh goes to vist one of our grown daughters when they all come so we can have a 3 day Pj party. We try to do this about every other year...

Last edited by 65X65; 04-25-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:52 PM   #149  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles1984 View Post
Thanks! I was hoping that was the answer. 15 pounds in three weeks. No virus is going to stop that momentum if I can help it!
In my 10 weeks OP there was once I thought I was getting the flu. I always take a homeopathic treatment when that happens. It was just automatic this time too. It tastes sweet and I instantly thought - carbs! Aaahhh! Nutrition data says 0-0-0 but it did have sucrose in it so I had to make myself feel better by peeing on a ketostix. The flu never did get me!
Old 04-25-2014, 08:41 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I feel your pain. My doc has been trying to get to the bottom of my stall, too.

Not everyone gets the reduced appetite from ketosis.
Usually people who weren't insulin resistant to start.
IP works for many people but it doesn't work for everyone.
There is an alternative plan that includes a dairy, a starch and a fruit every day, one in each meal perhaps you want to look into that, especially if you have already determined that this is true hunger and not just cravings and wanting to eat.
Simple answer, you might not be doing anything wrong.
But just to emphasize make sure that you're getting all of your oil, all of your vegetables and eating two salads daily. If you're still super hungry after all of that then perhaps looking into that alternative plan might be a good option for you
I know you do Lisa Some people have no idea what slow weight loss is or a stall/plateau. I am plugging along though.

I also was positive for the gluten blood test, I don't want the biopsy. She is going to do an ultrasound of my adrenals too, since my mom had Cushings syndrome. I will let you know.

Last edited by Bellamack; 04-25-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Closed Thread