3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP weekend chat Sat 4/12 - Sun 4/13/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/294706-ip-weekend-chat-sat-4-12-sun-4-13-2014-a.html)

Jenny38 04-12-2014 04:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 46077

I'm not sure if this worked or even if my head made it in. Sorry if it didn't turn out, I will try again. I'm not very computer literate. It is supposed to be pic of my new dress

Jenny38 04-12-2014 04:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 46078

Here is the other dress I got. Now I will try to put my face in my profile.

wildirishrose 04-12-2014 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny38 (Post 4983139)
Attachment 46078

Here is the other dress I got. Now I will try to put my face in my profile.

You are gorgeous! This is my favorite :) congrats :)

Firebug470 04-12-2014 06:14 PM

Someone please help me!!! I am on day 4 of the diet and I believe I have thinking about divorcing my wife and giving up my first born for some comfort food. I have been having the worst cravings for the past two days but mainly in the evening. But I have held strong just no idea how long I can. I do know that I am in ketoacidosis so that is positive but man this is hard.

Ruth Ann 04-12-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebug470 (Post 4983183)
Someone please help me!!! I am on day 4 of the diet and I believe I have thinking about divorcing my wife and giving up my first born for some comfort food. I have been having the worst cravings for the past two days but mainly in the evening. But I have held strong just no idea how long I can. I do know that I am in ketoacidosis so that is positive but man this is hard.

Okay, first take a deep breath!

In your first week or so you can have an extra unrestricted packet to help you out while your body adjusts - use it if you need to.

And the cravings do go away - your body adjusts to ketosis and helps you out with that. It takes time.

In the meantime, the extra packet, hot decaf tea, more water, distracting yourself (take a hot bath, go for a walk, do a puzzle) can be really helpful. If all else fails, go to bed early. I did that a lot the first week or so.

Hang in there - it's not easy but it is so worth it.

brelo 04-12-2014 06:31 PM

Firebug do not give up!! If you are in ketosis you are in the beginnings of fat burning. Remember the hard work it took to get to this point and from here on out it will only get better. I remember dealing with cravings for a few weeks, but it did lessen and get easier. The numbers I saw on the scale in the initial stages kept me going in those first few weeks as I saw huge weekly losses. So don't turn back now. You are on your way.

calypso58 04-12-2014 06:52 PM

Great NSV day today! I took one of my dogs to the dog show, and for the first time in years I actually showed a dog myself. My ankles didn't swell and I didn't feel like a cow running around the ring.

brelo 04-12-2014 06:56 PM

I have a NSV too: I noticed the other day that while I am driving my car, I am no longer strangled by the seatbelt traversing across my neck!!! It is now in it's proper place midway across my chest, right where it is supposed to be. Thank you IP!

calypso58 04-12-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brelo (Post 4983198)
I have a NSV too: I noticed the other day that while I am driving my car, I am no longer strangled by the seatbelt traversing across my neck!!! It is now in it's proper place midway across my chest, right where it is supposed to be. Thank you IP!

Wow Brelo... never thought of that one! That's a great NSV!

lisa32989 04-12-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

The first days are hard. Literally, we're detoxing from the food AND the over-eating behavior. Two different things and both are hard. Now, I'm gonna tell you to find something to do to distract yourself. When we get super involved in something, we can forget to eat. It can help you get over the hump. Don't forget those extra packets during week one. They can be lifesavers!

And I hope Ketosis is what you're striving for. Ketoacidosis is harmful. The two are different.

AlaskaLadyie 04-12-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunflwr816 (Post 4982861)
Thank you, you're too sweet! Yes this picture was from my cousin's wedding 2 weeks ago...we had such a fun night.

It's amazing how much the weather will affect my mood. I feel so much happier and full of life with this sunshine and mild temperatures. Seeing buds come up in our garden and buying tulips for around the house is such a mood lifter!

And thanks for asking about the pup, he is doing great! It's been a little tricky with going back to work and trying to find family members/friends to stop by and let him out and walk him (he's too small for puppy daycare since he's not completely vaccinated). He has him moments (sharp teeth, ouch!) but overall he's such a sweet little guy and life is a lot more interesting with him around :D
That is SO cute about the kitten (now cat) and your dog...I love when dogs and cats are best buds!!!

Here's a picture of Miles from yesterday on our walk to the beach!Attachment 46072

Oh my gosh what a cute puppy ..priceless

AlaskaLadyie 04-12-2014 08:35 PM

Quote:

Hang in there I found the extra packet very helpful and I sometimes like a large portion of what ever it is so I take the pudding or yogurt mixes and add the water and lotsa ice to my blender and eat it with a spoon... lasts longer and is sorta like a thick smoothy or diet ice cream... Saves me in the evening..

Jenny38 04-12-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildirishrose (Post 4983156)
You are gorgeous! This is my favorite :) congrats :)

Thanks wildirishrose.

Quote:

Firebug, you can do it! In the beginning I just thought about one day at a time, sometimes just one IP meal at a time. It get's easier and after your first weigh in and you see that you have lost a few pounds you will want to keep going.

Quote:

Originally Posted by calypso58 (Post 4983195)
Great NSV day today! I took one of my dogs to the dog show, and for the first time in years I actually showed a dog myself. My ankles didn't swell and I didn't feel like a cow running around the ring.

Way to go:carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by brelo (Post 4983198)

I never thought of that. Good for you:)

AmberLS 04-12-2014 08:52 PM

NSV today! So the 5k I did went right by my brother and sister in laws house and they were outside in the yard (I think waiting for me to pass by lol) anyway as I passed my brother told me I need to get new clothes, mine looked way too baggy. My sister in law said "ya I could see from like a block away that your clothes are getting way to big.

Firebug470 04-12-2014 09:01 PM

Thanks guys for the words of encouragement. Decided to take a bike ride and that really helped but did not realize how tired I would with the reduced calories. And that was my mistake it is ketosis, not ketoacidosis, so used to ketoacidosis from work. I have been really not wanting to depend on the extra packet because I don't think it lasts past the first week. I have read that the 3-5 days can be the worst for cravings so I expected it a bit but man they are nasty. This change in my eating has been teaching me portion control and how to spice something up without loading it with sugar,fat and carbs.