3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP weekend chat Sat 4/12 - Sun 4/13/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/294706-ip-weekend-chat-sat-4-12-sun-4-13-2014-a.html)

Tisado 04-12-2014 11:10 AM

Fun weekend

It sounds like we are planning to have great weekends.

I will be doing an event with our yacht club. While there are snotty yacht clubs (think Thurston Howell III) ours is a 'people with boats' club. I'm on P3 so will be able to enjoy real food but will keep it OP.

I'm seeing your numbers going down.
Ruth Ann, you are 10 below goal?? WOW!!:carrot:

Enjoy the sunshine guys, :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

LuvA1exa 04-12-2014 12:26 PM

I work Thursday thru Monday so this is my "Wednesday". It is a beautiful day in Virginia. I work at a model home in a golf course community. I have the window in my office open so I can enjoy the fresh air.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Ruth Ann 04-12-2014 12:26 PM

ReenHag - Enjoy your dressed! The clothes are really cute this spring! Shopping is exhausting though - have to try everything on! No more - oh, this will look good (or at least not horrible) and go. Still figuring out what styles look good on me. Someone gave me a pair of Rockstar jeans from Old Navy and I quickly learned that "low rise" is not a good look for me, although I do like the skinny style.

Thanks IPN! You have a great weekend too!

Tisado - enjoy the sunshine! I think we are sailing next weekend if the weather holds. I love sailing in good weather! And yes, I've managed to make it to 10 lbs under my goal (which was kind of an arbitrary number) and am in P2. Yeah me!

schenectady - I think Deanna posted last week and she was busy, busy, busy as always but happy and looking gorgeous.

LuvA1exa 04-12-2014 12:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atta...1&d=1397320390

Because I am at work and really need more coffee - a funny to wake me up!

Ruth Ann 04-12-2014 01:07 PM

Oh, that's funny LuvA1exa!

Annik 04-12-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4982841)
Good morning! Hooray for weekends!

My plan is for a relaxing weekend. Need to clean out my closet (again) and I think new shoes need to be bought. I realized yesterday that I have pretty much no Spring clothes - I've spent the winter in fleece lined leggings and long sweaters and it's just getting too warm for those.

I found out this week that our local Community College takes in gently used work clothing to support people who are just graduating an starting work themselves. So happy I have found a destination for my office attire that no longer fits me...or should I say fits me like drapery!

Hiker88 04-12-2014 01:51 PM

I find shopping exhausting too Ruth Ann. I have a conference this coming week and fly out tomorrow. I have no classic black slacks/pants that I can wear as business attire as well as a couple of events I need a new 'outfit' for. Shopping is on my agenda this afternoon but I really don't enjoy it, even since I lost weight... although its certainly not as painful since I divorced 'Penningtons' (Canadian plus size store)!

Have a great weekend everyone.

murphypuppy 04-12-2014 02:11 PM

Rant! My nosy neighbor just decided to discuss with my 15 year old niece, who lives with us, my diet and how dangerous and unhealthy it is and what a bad example that I am being to her. Keep in mind, this is a woman who is never without a drink in her had and gets stoned regularly with her children in the house. Lord give me patience not to rip her head off....

AmberLS 04-12-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphypuppy (Post 4983082)
Rant! My nosy neighbor just decided to discuss with my 15 year old niece, who lives with us, my diet and how dangerous and unhealthy it is and what a bad example that I am being to her. Keep in mind, this is a woman who is never without a drink in her had and gets stoned regularly with her children in the house. Lord give me patience not to rip her head off....

Are you serious? I'd slap her in the face! I have a 15 year old daughter and we talk all the time about why I'm on this diet and the healthy choices I'm trying to make. My kids are learning to eat better, they don't always eat what I do, but when they do what they notice is that my healthy food tastes great and it's good to show them that healthy food is yummy too!

AmberLS 04-12-2014 02:24 PM

Well was debating doing this 5k this morning, was waiting for my middle child to get out of bed, and she did so I gotta say I'm pretty proud, I walked a 5k in an hour in support of sexual assault awareness! My little kids walked it with me, goal for next year, JOG IT!!!

ReenHag 04-12-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4983035)
ReenHag - Enjoy your dressed! The clothes are really cute this spring! Shopping is exhausting though - have to try everything on! No more - oh, this will look good (or at least not horrible) and go. Still figuring out what styles look good on me. Someone gave me a pair of Rockstar jeans from Old Navy and I quickly learned that "low rise" is not a good look for me, although I do like the skinny style.

I am still looking for some jeans that suit my new body. I agree, though- now I have to try EVERYTHING on. At least it is fun! I love trying styles I never would have worn before and seeing that they actually look good. Hubby, DD, or a GF goes along to be a second set of eyes.

ReenHag 04-12-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annik (Post 4983056)
I found out this week that our local Community College takes in gently used work clothing to support people who are just graduating an starting work themselves. So happy I have found a destination for my office attire that no longer fits me...or should I say fits me like drapery!

Awesome! What a great way to give back to the community.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiker88 (Post 4983074)
I find shopping exhausting too Ruth Ann. I have a conference this coming week and fly out tomorrow. I have no classic black slacks/pants that I can wear as business attire as well as a couple of events I need a new 'outfit' for. Shopping is on my agenda this afternoon but I really don't enjoy it, even since I lost weight... although its certainly not as painful since I divorced 'Penningtons' (Canadian plus size store)!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Good luck shopping. I hope you find something quickly so your trip is not too painful. Safe travels!

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphypuppy (Post 4983082)

Some people! SMH Sorry you and your niece had to go through that. Definitely have a chat with her about your decisions and this woman's opinion (that is all it is, and an uninformed one, at that). You are being a great example! I think i may have had to give her a piece of my mind...at least, it would have been tempting...

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberLS (Post 4983086)
Well was debating doing this 5k this morning, was waiting for my middle child to get out of bed, and she did so I gotta say I'm pretty proud, I walked a 5k in an hour in support of sexual assault awareness! My little kids walked it with me, goal for next year, JOG IT!!!

Great goal! Congrats on your accomplishment this morning!

catlady1981 04-12-2014 03:09 PM

Happy Weekend everybody!

Another 1 lb loss this week at WI #7. Long talk w/my coach to see if there is anything that I am doing that could be hindering my losses on the scale. Other than the HRT water retention there doesn't seem to be anything. My body fat % went down 1.00 point with a minimal loss of lean mass so the concensus was the entire lb lost was all fat. In addition,losses of at least an inch or more on arms, hips and thighs. So, I'll take it. I had to retire my first pair of jeans because they were too big. So even though the numbers are not showing up on the scale like I would like them to, things are changing. And that is a good thing. :carrot:

catlady1981 04-12-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4983028)
A few minor things...first. has anyone heard from Deana lately? I have been on and off due to the move and may have missed it. I know she was doing incredibly well at college both with her weight loss and studies but I have not seen her for a while.

Second, for those who are in the great position of needing new clothes, this morning's paper said that Coldwater Creek was bankrupt and would be having a big going out of business sale around Mother's Day. For those of the age and work/play situation where their style of clothes would work, keep an eye out.

OH NO!!! Coldwater Creek is one of my favorite places. :( I have a $15 coupon that I have been hanging on to. I guess I better go use it this weekend. I really wanted to wait until I was "really" in a 14 before I bought anything new. Still wearing 16 & some 16W's.

wildirishrose 04-12-2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catlady1981 (Post 4983115)
OH NO!!! Coldwater Creek is one of my favorite places. :( I have a $15 coupon that I have been hanging on to. I guess I better go use it this weekend. I really wanted to wait until I was "really" in a 14 before I bought anything new. Still wearing 16 & some 16W's.

Buy the 14s anyways! You know that's the direction you're headed!!