3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP weekend chat Sat 4/12 - Sun 4/13/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/294706-ip-weekend-chat-sat-4-12-sun-4-13-2014-a.html)

lisa32989 04-12-2014 07:25 AM

IP weekend chat Sat 4/12 - Sun 4/13/2014
 
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Ruth Ann 04-12-2014 07:53 AM

Good morning! Hooray for weekends!

My plan is for a relaxing weekend. Need to clean out my closet (again) and I think new shoes need to be bought. I realized yesterday that I have pretty much no Spring clothes - I've spent the winter in fleece lined leggings and long sweaters and it's just getting too warm for those.

sunflwr816 04-12-2014 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4982841)
Good morning! Hooray for weekends!

My plan is for a relaxing weekend. Need to clean out my closet (again) and I think new shoes need to be bought. I realized yesterday that I have pretty much no Spring clothes - I've spent the winter in fleece lined leggings and long sweaters and it's just getting too warm for those.

Shopping for spring/summer clothes is my favorite!!

We also have a low key weekend with beautiful weather forecasted for our area...mid 60s-low 70s and sunny! We have an alumni BBQ that we're taking the puppy to and probably a trip to the beach tomorrow! So thankful to have this weekend off from work. :D

Weigh-in 9 today...down another pound! I'll take it! :carrot:

Ruth Ann 04-12-2014 08:11 AM

sunflwr816 - Is that a new pic? You look gorgeous! And congrats on the loss!

We're bbqing on Sunday - supposed to be about 70 and sunny. I love nice relaxing Sundays! This was a terribly busy week and I'm looking forward to just puttering around.

Has the new puppy acclimated? Puppies are so much fun, but so active! We considered a puppy when we realized our dog needed a "buddy" several years ago when both dh and I were out of the house all day but I didn't think it was good to get a puppy without having time to really train it so we ended up with a kitten - who now believes he is a dog since he and the dog are best friends.

sunflwr816 04-12-2014 08:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4982851)
sunflwr816 - Is that a new pic? You look gorgeous! And congrats on the loss!

We're bbqing on Sunday - supposed to be about 70 and sunny. I love nice relaxing Sundays! This was a terribly busy week and I'm looking forward to just puttering around.

Has the new puppy acclimated? Puppies are so much fun, but so active! We considered a puppy when we realized our dog needed a "buddy" several years ago when both dh and I were out of the house all day but I didn't think it was good to get a puppy without having time to really train it so we ended up with a kitten - who now believes he is a dog since he and the dog are best friends.

Thank you, you're too sweet! Yes this picture was from my cousin's wedding 2 weeks ago...we had such a fun night.

It's amazing how much the weather will affect my mood. I feel so much happier and full of life with this sunshine and mild temperatures. Seeing buds come up in our garden and buying tulips for around the house is such a mood lifter!

And thanks for asking about the pup, he is doing great! It's been a little tricky with going back to work and trying to find family members/friends to stop by and let him out and walk him (he's too small for puppy daycare since he's not completely vaccinated). He has him moments (sharp teeth, ouch!) but overall he's such a sweet little guy and life is a lot more interesting with him around :D
That is SO cute about the kitten (now cat) and your dog...I love when dogs and cats are best buds!!!

Here's a picture of Miles from yesterday on our walk to the beach!Attachment 46072

Ruth Ann 04-12-2014 08:29 AM

Oh he is adorable! Makes me (almost) want another puppy!

drd1961 04-12-2014 08:31 AM

Good morning. Heading out the door to visit the daughter for the long weekend. Got some safe foods in a cooler, but will also be planning my fun day this weekend. Gotta go, long drive!

lisa32989 04-12-2014 08:43 AM

I have a busy day as well. My alumni association has a global day of service. Unfortunately I've been fighting a cold since a student sneezed in my face on Monday. My head is pretty clogged. I'm glad I'm not volunteering at a nursery today. I'd have to cancel.

Lunch is provided for our crew. I'll have my cooler with p1 food.
I have taken food to special events and I've even taken "sides" to restaurants when their offerings don't fit IP. It can be done, with planning, diligence, and tenacity. A "no matter what" attitude gets us far on this plan.

Jenny38 04-12-2014 09:31 AM

Good morning,

Lisa, I hope you recover quickly from your cold, getting sneezed on is not fun. There seems to be a lot of Spring colds going around.

Ruth Ann, your weekend sounds lovely, enjoy and have fun cleaning out the closets. I'm finding my closets getting more and more empty as I have good willed or gave all my old clothes to a friend. It feels great yo say goodbye.

Sunflwr816- your little puppy is too cute and seems to have grown a bit already. Your profile picture is stunning. How do you pits a picture of the puppy?

I had so much fun shopping for dresses yesterday for the first time in my life! Went to Marshals and got two dresses for regular 120 for 60 and size 14:carrot: I felt pretty and more importantly confident that I looked good wearing them. I will try to post a picture and do a profile picture today. I'm so grateful to have found IP and proud that I'm sticking with it.

Ruth Ann 04-12-2014 09:40 AM

Congrats Jenny on the size 14s! That is so exciting! Can't wait to see your pics.

blondie739 04-12-2014 09:41 AM

I think I have recruited a new member! I have been doing personal training sessions since January with a good friend of mine. We took a two week break and when she saw me yesterday, she said she could not believe how small I was looking and then asked for all the details of IP. I try not to be a recruiter but at the same time, I only have good things to say about this experience. I have lost over 45 pounds since Christmas and feel amazing. My husband has lost 50 and looks like a new man!

ReenHag 04-12-2014 09:59 AM

Happy, happy weekend, everyone! I am so THRILLED to be on spring break! YAHOOOOO! :jig::cb::dancer:

Workout done, breakfast done, laundry in, now a hot bath, then going to spend time with my almost 3-year-old niece on this lovely day!

Went to Kohl's yesterday with my 30% off coupon and got a bunch of clothes- dresses, even! I am not a person who wears skirts or dresses regularly, if ever- only for special occasions. The spring dresses were so cute, though, that I tried hem on and LOVED the way they looked! Mostly smalls and some mediums. How thrilling! Thanks to all of you for the support and info on this journey! No I have school clothes and some cruisewear for my trip this summer! I might even wear one of the dresses to a baby shower tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4982841)
Good morning! Hooray for weekends!

My plan is for a relaxing weekend. Need to clean out my closet (again) and I think new shoes need to be bought. I realized yesterday that I have pretty much no Spring clothes - I've spent the winter in fleece lined leggings and long sweaters and it's just getting too warm for those.

Yup, yup, fun shopping in the spring! Cute stuff out, too! Make some room in that closet. Hubby purged his side last weekend, and now it is virtually empty!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny38 (Post 4982896)
I had so much fun shopping for dresses yesterday for the first time in my life! Went to Marshals and got two dresses for regular 120 for 60 and size 14:carrot: I felt pretty and more importantly confident that I looked good wearing them. I will try to post a picture and do a profile picture today. I'm so grateful to have found IP and proud that I'm sticking with it.

Congrats! That confidence is so empowering, isn't it? Awesome feeling to get those smaller sizes, and with good deals, too! I might have to check out Marshall's soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blondie739 (Post 4982903)
I think I have recruited a new member! I have been doing personal training sessions since January with a good friend of mine. We took a two week break and when she saw me yesterday, she said she could not believe how small I was looking and then asked for all the details of IP. I try not to be a recruiter but at the same time, I only have good things to say about this experience. I have lost over 45 pounds since Christmas and feel amazing. My husband has lost 50 and looks like a new man!

Great stats! And it feels so good to share this program. It works!

IdealProteinNewbie 04-12-2014 10:23 AM

Lisa: Feel better!

Ruth Ann: Hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend. You deserve it.

Sunflwr: You are beautiful! Hope the new job is going well!

AmberLS 04-12-2014 10:30 AM

It's going to be a fantastic week!!!! My kids and I are on Spring Break! Gonna relax do fun stuff with my kids, some swimming, maybe see a movie. Go to my oldest daughters soccer games. Should be fantastic.

On another note I got asked to be a bridesmaid in a fall wedding. The good news is it's fairly relaxed and I get to pick my own dress, it just has to be black. So hopefully I'll be buying myself a LITTLE black dress!

Yayalaine 04-12-2014 11:14 AM

Nashua delivery
 
Feels like Christmas morning... had an early morning delivery of a big Nashua Nutrition box! I can't remember who it was, but someone on the forums told us about how to order single packs of Syntrax Nectar products. I did that and ordered a packet of every flavor that seemed to fit IP.

You click on the Syntrax Nectar "Grab & Go" 12-packet box. In the middle of the description, there is a statement that says "TRY BEFORE YOU BUY." Then, there is a link that says "Click here." (Thanks so much to the person who posted about this earlier! I probably would not have noticed that.)

That takes you to a link for Protein Powder Samples that has even more options than Syntrax Nectar. I had to go back and forth to find the actual item description to look up the nutrient info, but gradually found a list of products that I wanted to try. (This time, I am just trying Syntrax products-- 16 different flavors!). It was $1.95 per pouch, but I'd rather try it this way instead of buying a big jug of a flavor I find I don't like!

Now, to decide which flavor to try first.... :dancer:

Tisado 04-12-2014 12:10 PM

Fun weekend
 
It sounds like we are planning to have great weekends.

I will be doing an event with our yacht club. While there are snotty yacht clubs (think Thurston Howell III) ours is a 'people with boats' club. I'm on P3 so will be able to enjoy real food but will keep it OP.


I'm seeing your numbers going down.
Ruth Ann, you are 10 below goal?? WOW!!:carrot:

Enjoy the sunshine guys, :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

LuvA1exa 04-12-2014 01:26 PM

I work Thursday thru Monday so this is my "Wednesday". It is a beautiful day in Virginia. I work at a model home in a golf course community. I have the window in my office open so I can enjoy the fresh air.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Ruth Ann 04-12-2014 01:26 PM

ReenHag - Enjoy your dressed! The clothes are really cute this spring! Shopping is exhausting though - have to try everything on! No more - oh, this will look good (or at least not horrible) and go. Still figuring out what styles look good on me. Someone gave me a pair of Rockstar jeans from Old Navy and I quickly learned that "low rise" is not a good look for me, although I do like the skinny style.

Thanks IPN! You have a great weekend too!

Tisado - enjoy the sunshine! I think we are sailing next weekend if the weather holds. I love sailing in good weather! And yes, I've managed to make it to 10 lbs under my goal (which was kind of an arbitrary number) and am in P2. Yeah me!

schenectady - I think Deanna posted last week and she was busy, busy, busy as always but happy and looking gorgeous.

LuvA1exa 04-12-2014 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atta...1&d=1397320390

Because I am at work and really need more coffee - a funny to wake me up!

Ruth Ann 04-12-2014 02:07 PM

Oh, that's funny LuvA1exa!

Annik 04-12-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4982841)
Good morning! Hooray for weekends!

My plan is for a relaxing weekend. Need to clean out my closet (again) and I think new shoes need to be bought. I realized yesterday that I have pretty much no Spring clothes - I've spent the winter in fleece lined leggings and long sweaters and it's just getting too warm for those.

I found out this week that our local Community College takes in gently used work clothing to support people who are just graduating an starting work themselves. So happy I have found a destination for my office attire that no longer fits me...or should I say fits me like drapery!

Hiker88 04-12-2014 02:51 PM

I find shopping exhausting too Ruth Ann. I have a conference this coming week and fly out tomorrow. I have no classic black slacks/pants that I can wear as business attire as well as a couple of events I need a new 'outfit' for. Shopping is on my agenda this afternoon but I really don't enjoy it, even since I lost weight... although its certainly not as painful since I divorced 'Penningtons' (Canadian plus size store)!

Have a great weekend everyone.

murphypuppy 04-12-2014 03:11 PM

Rant! My nosy neighbor just decided to discuss with my 15 year old niece, who lives with us, my diet and how dangerous and unhealthy it is and what a bad example that I am being to her. Keep in mind, this is a woman who is never without a drink in her had and gets stoned regularly with her children in the house. Lord give me patience not to rip her head off....

AmberLS 04-12-2014 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphypuppy (Post 4983082)
Rant! My nosy neighbor just decided to discuss with my 15 year old niece, who lives with us, my diet and how dangerous and unhealthy it is and what a bad example that I am being to her. Keep in mind, this is a woman who is never without a drink in her had and gets stoned regularly with her children in the house. Lord give me patience not to rip her head off....

Are you serious? I'd slap her in the face! I have a 15 year old daughter and we talk all the time about why I'm on this diet and the healthy choices I'm trying to make. My kids are learning to eat better, they don't always eat what I do, but when they do what they notice is that my healthy food tastes great and it's good to show them that healthy food is yummy too!

AmberLS 04-12-2014 03:24 PM

Well was debating doing this 5k this morning, was waiting for my middle child to get out of bed, and she did so I gotta say I'm pretty proud, I walked a 5k in an hour in support of sexual assault awareness! My little kids walked it with me, goal for next year, JOG IT!!!

ReenHag 04-12-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4983035)
ReenHag - Enjoy your dressed! The clothes are really cute this spring! Shopping is exhausting though - have to try everything on! No more - oh, this will look good (or at least not horrible) and go. Still figuring out what styles look good on me. Someone gave me a pair of Rockstar jeans from Old Navy and I quickly learned that "low rise" is not a good look for me, although I do like the skinny style.

I am still looking for some jeans that suit my new body. I agree, though- now I have to try EVERYTHING on. At least it is fun! I love trying styles I never would have worn before and seeing that they actually look good. Hubby, DD, or a GF goes along to be a second set of eyes.

ReenHag 04-12-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annik (Post 4983056)
I found out this week that our local Community College takes in gently used work clothing to support people who are just graduating an starting work themselves. So happy I have found a destination for my office attire that no longer fits me...or should I say fits me like drapery!

Awesome! What a great way to give back to the community.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiker88 (Post 4983074)
I find shopping exhausting too Ruth Ann. I have a conference this coming week and fly out tomorrow. I have no classic black slacks/pants that I can wear as business attire as well as a couple of events I need a new 'outfit' for. Shopping is on my agenda this afternoon but I really don't enjoy it, even since I lost weight... although its certainly not as painful since I divorced 'Penningtons' (Canadian plus size store)!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Good luck shopping. I hope you find something quickly so your trip is not too painful. Safe travels!

Quote:

Originally Posted by murphypuppy (Post 4983082)
Rant! My nosy neighbor just decided to discuss with my 15 year old niece, who lives with us, my diet and how dangerous and unhealthy it is and what a bad example that I am being to her. Keep in mind, this is a woman who is never without a drink in her had and gets stoned regularly with her children in the house. Lord give me patience not to rip her head off....

Some people! SMH Sorry you and your niece had to go through that. Definitely have a chat with her about your decisions and this woman's opinion (that is all it is, and an uninformed one, at that). You are being a great example! I think i may have had to give her a piece of my mind...at least, it would have been tempting...

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberLS (Post 4983086)
Well was debating doing this 5k this morning, was waiting for my middle child to get out of bed, and she did so I gotta say I'm pretty proud, I walked a 5k in an hour in support of sexual assault awareness! My little kids walked it with me, goal for next year, JOG IT!!!

Great goal! Congrats on your accomplishment this morning!

catlady1981 04-12-2014 04:09 PM

Happy Weekend everybody!

Another 1 lb loss this week at WI #7. Long talk w/my coach to see if there is anything that I am doing that could be hindering my losses on the scale. Other than the HRT water retention there doesn't seem to be anything. My body fat % went down 1.00 point with a minimal loss of lean mass so the concensus was the entire lb lost was all fat. In addition,losses of at least an inch or more on arms, hips and thighs. So, I'll take it. I had to retire my first pair of jeans because they were too big. So even though the numbers are not showing up on the scale like I would like them to, things are changing. And that is a good thing. :carrot:

catlady1981 04-12-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4983028)
A few minor things...first. has anyone heard from Deana lately? I have been on and off due to the move and may have missed it. I know she was doing incredibly well at college both with her weight loss and studies but I have not seen her for a while.

Second, for those who are in the great position of needing new clothes, this morning's paper said that Coldwater Creek was bankrupt and would be having a big going out of business sale around Mother's Day. For those of the age and work/play situation where their style of clothes would work, keep an eye out.




OH NO!!! Coldwater Creek is one of my favorite places. :( I have a $15 coupon that I have been hanging on to. I guess I better go use it this weekend. I really wanted to wait until I was "really" in a 14 before I bought anything new. Still wearing 16 & some 16W's.

wildirishrose 04-12-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catlady1981 (Post 4983115)
OH NO!!! Coldwater Creek is one of my favorite places. :( I have a $15 coupon that I have been hanging on to. I guess I better go use it this weekend. I really wanted to wait until I was "really" in a 14 before I bought anything new. Still wearing 16 & some 16W's.

Buy the 14s anyways! You know that's the direction you're headed!!

Jenny38 04-12-2014 05:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 46077

I'm not sure if this worked or even if my head made it in. Sorry if it didn't turn out, I will try again. I'm not very computer literate. It is supposed to be pic of my new dress

Jenny38 04-12-2014 05:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 46078

Here is the other dress I got. Now I will try to put my face in my profile.

wildirishrose 04-12-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny38 (Post 4983139)
Attachment 46078

Here is the other dress I got. Now I will try to put my face in my profile.

You are gorgeous! This is my favorite :) congrats :)

Firebug470 04-12-2014 07:14 PM

Someone please help me!!! I am on day 4 of the diet and I believe I have thinking about divorcing my wife and giving up my first born for some comfort food. I have been having the worst cravings for the past two days but mainly in the evening. But I have held strong just no idea how long I can. I do know that I am in ketoacidosis so that is positive but man this is hard.

Ruth Ann 04-12-2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebug470 (Post 4983183)
Someone please help me!!! I am on day 4 of the diet and I believe I have thinking about divorcing my wife and giving up my first born for some comfort food. I have been having the worst cravings for the past two days but mainly in the evening. But I have held strong just no idea how long I can. I do know that I am in ketoacidosis so that is positive but man this is hard.

Okay, first take a deep breath!

In your first week or so you can have an extra unrestricted packet to help you out while your body adjusts - use it if you need to.

And the cravings do go away - your body adjusts to ketosis and helps you out with that. It takes time.

In the meantime, the extra packet, hot decaf tea, more water, distracting yourself (take a hot bath, go for a walk, do a puzzle) can be really helpful. If all else fails, go to bed early. I did that a lot the first week or so.

Hang in there - it's not easy but it is so worth it.

brelo 04-12-2014 07:31 PM

Firebug do not give up!! If you are in ketosis you are in the beginnings of fat burning. Remember the hard work it took to get to this point and from here on out it will only get better. I remember dealing with cravings for a few weeks, but it did lessen and get easier. The numbers I saw on the scale in the initial stages kept me going in those first few weeks as I saw huge weekly losses. So don't turn back now. You are on your way.

calypso58 04-12-2014 07:52 PM

Great NSV day today! I took one of my dogs to the dog show, and for the first time in years I actually showed a dog myself. My ankles didn't swell and I didn't feel like a cow running around the ring.

brelo 04-12-2014 07:56 PM

I have a NSV too: I noticed the other day that while I am driving my car, I am no longer strangled by the seatbelt traversing across my neck!!! It is now in it's proper place midway across my chest, right where it is supposed to be. Thank you IP!

calypso58 04-12-2014 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brelo (Post 4983198)
I have a NSV too: I noticed the other day that while I am driving my car, I am no longer strangled by the seatbelt traversing across my neck!!! It is now in it's proper place midway across my chest, right where it is supposed to be. Thank you IP!

Wow Brelo... never thought of that one! That's a great NSV!

lisa32989 04-12-2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebug470 (Post 4983183)
Someone please help me!!! I am on day 4 of the diet and I believe I have thinking about divorcing my wife and giving up my first born for some comfort food. I have been having the worst cravings for the past two days but mainly in the evening. But I have held strong just no idea how long I can. I do know that I am in ketoacidosis so that is positive but man this is hard.

The first days are hard. Literally, we're detoxing from the food AND the over-eating behavior. Two different things and both are hard. Now, I'm gonna tell you to find something to do to distract yourself. When we get super involved in something, we can forget to eat. It can help you get over the hump. Don't forget those extra packets during week one. They can be lifesavers!

And I hope Ketosis is what you're striving for. Ketoacidosis is harmful. The two are different.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:39 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.