3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP weekend chat Sat 4/12 - Sun 4/13/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/294706-ip-weekend-chat-sat-4-12-sun-4-13-2014-a.html)

AmberLS 04-12-2014 09:08 PM

I asked on another thread but I have a question about chicken. I know we can't eat the skin but I've seen some discussions about rotisserie chickens from the store. So my question is can I cook my chicken with the skin on then peel it off when I eat? I usually buy boneless skinless breasts but I love to throw a whole chicken in the crock pot, so I've been cutting all the skin off which is a major pain in the a$$ lol.

Ruth Ann 04-12-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebug470 (Post 4983244)
Thanks guys for the words of encouragement. Decided to take a bike ride and that really helped but did not realize how tired I would with the reduced calories. And that was my mistake it is ketosis, not ketoacidosis, so used to ketoacidosis from work. I have been really not wanting to depend on the extra packet because I don't think it lasts past the first week. I have read that the 3-5 days can be the worst for cravings so I expected it a bit but man they are nasty. This change in my eating has been teaching me portion control and how to spice something up without loading it with sugar,fat and carbs.

Yeah for you Firebug! And don't be afraid of the extra packet if you need it or you could do a couple of egg whites and, of course, all the lettuce you want.

Check out the recipe threads (see the first post in today's chat) - lots and lots of ways to spice things up and still stay OP!

dcs0826 04-12-2014 09:49 PM

Had a few NSVs today/tonight. Went shopping today and felt good in what I was trying on..still not the size I want to be, but knowing that I am doing something to change that gave me a ton more confidence in the dressing room. I was able to find a nice dress for a friend's wedding in May. Also had dinner with a friend tonight and it was my first time eating out while on IP. It was super easy, had an 8 oz sirloin and 2 servings of broccoli, asked for everything to be cooked dry with no oil or butter. I was super nervous about eating out, but it worked out very well. My friend also noticed that I have lost weight (only 7 on IP, but 15 total, so not too much)..I think it was just the clothes, but the compliment felt nice! Anyways, I hope everyone else is having the beautiful weather that we are having in MD this weekend. Happy Saturday all!

IP43 04-12-2014 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberLS (Post 4983253)
I asked on another thread but I have a question about chicken. I know we can't eat the skin but I've seen some discussions about rotisserie chickens from the store. So my question is can I cook my chicken with the skin on then peel it off when I eat? I usually buy boneless skinless breasts but I love to throw a whole chicken in the crock pot, so I've been cutting all the skin off which is a major pain in the a$$ lol.

Hi Amber. I think I remember someone explaining that a roast chicken retains a lot of the fat into the meat with the way it is cooked, even if you remove the skin. However, personally, I buy the rotisserie chickens from time to time. There is the 'ideal' and there is reality. I think a crock pot chicken would be fine. Do you add liquid to the crock pot? Probably a lot of the fat would be in the liquid that you drain. I took a cooking course once and the lady was teaching a chinese dish. We rubbed a whole raw chicken inside and out with salt then boiled it for a while to cook. The salt ended up in the water but the graininess tenderized the chicken. It was easy to skin after and the meat that we took off was super tender. We used that meat to make some stir fried dishes, so it didn't matter that it didn't have a golden brown roasted look.

Hiker88 04-12-2014 10:29 PM

Well I had a productive day.... I got a lot done around the house and then went shopping... Even though I don't love shopping, its still wonderful to walk into the normal size stores! I got a few things but just bought what I really needed as I hope to be going down a size soon! When that was done I took the dog for a nice walk in the sun where I ran into friends and we had a visit while we got our exercise... all in all a good day!

dlr9774 04-12-2014 10:34 PM

Looking for feedback from experience IPer's.
Anyone know if "OHYEAH" 14oz (414ml) Protein drink (meal replacement). Calories 220, Fat 9, Total Carb 4g, Dietary Fiber 1gtam, Protein 32grams
This is about double the size of the IP drink. Could I use half of the OHYEAH Nutritional shake as a replacement to IP vanilla drink?

Fearciuil 04-12-2014 10:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ugh. I feel exhausted today--exhausted, and crabby, and TOM-y, and I still have laryngitis (which I've decided must be viral, as one of my colleagues has the exact same thing, but it leads back to exhausted: I taught all week without being able to talk or sing.) I haven't even really been hungry today. So I treated myself to these:

Fearciuil 04-12-2014 11:28 PM

Oh! I had a NSV Tuesday morning, with my 3rd-5th grade choir:
One of their songs has a rather long phrase with nowhere to take a breath. I made it to the end of the phrase without having to take a breath for the first time on Tuesday. I've got my breath control back, and it's because of the weight I've lost! :cool:

canadjineh 04-12-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearciuil (Post 4983295)
Ugh. I feel exhausted today--exhausted, and crabby, and TOM-y, and I still have laryngitis (which I've decided must be viral, as one of my colleagues has the exact same thing, but it leads back to exhausted: I taught all week without being able to talk or sing.) I haven't even really been hungry today. So I treated myself to these:

Perfect non-food treats, way to go!! Also an inexpensive treat is a new lipstick colour or a new nail polish or a download of a new song or album (for your exercise workout/walk or your downtime relaxation. New candle for your bubble bath in the evening, etc. LOL.
:D

sarahBell 04-13-2014 08:34 AM

Ok stupid non IP question

Hello Ladies and Gents (for those who tippy toe in here)

Back in Feb. I sold a Herstyler Hair Straightener (bought it from Ulta and used it 2 times last summer). Sold it on ebay in feb this year. I put in no refunds.

I got an email from the buyer this AM that it got too hot- ruined her counter (IT Has multiple heat settings on it) she now wants a flipping full or partial refund. I think it's beyond my responsibility 2.5 months AFTER she got it. I should ask if she registered it with the warranty card and contacted the company about it ( it could be a issue with the iron itself)

What do you think?

lisa32989 04-13-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearciuil (Post 4983295)

Make yourself some chicken/veggie soup. I split portions and had half for lunch and half with dinner. There is something soothing about chicken soup. I had laryngitis for a few days. Sorry it's vpcarrying on this long!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlr9774 (Post 4983288)
Looking for feedback from experience IPer's.
Anyone know if "OHYEAH" 14oz (414ml) Protein drink (meal replacement). Calories 220, Fat 9, Total Carb 4g, Dietary Fiber 1gtam, Protein 32grams
This is about double the size of the IP drink. Could I use half of the OHYEAH Nutritional shake as a replacement to IP vanilla drink?

I replied in the alts thread where you also posted. At more than 30% fat, is choose a different product

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberLS (Post 4983253)

Throw your frozen chicken in & discard skin later, along with fat drippings. Our plan is low-fat but not fat-free. This is a quick, easy way for a single mom to prepare food. Go for it!

I save bones to make chicken bone broth. It is super good for you and contains collagen. Look it up! Anytime I need broth, I use my homemade bone broth.

Jenny38 04-13-2014 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberLS (Post 4983240)
NSV today! So the 5k I did went right by my brother and sister in laws house and they were outside in the yard (I think waiting for me to pass by lol) anyway as I passed my brother told me I need to get new clothes, mine looked way too baggy. My sister in law said "ya I could see from like a block away that your clothes are getting way to big.

Way to go Amber, huge NSV!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcs0826 (Post 4983264)
Had a few NSVs today/tonight. Went shopping today and felt good in what I was trying on..still not the size I want to be, but knowing that I am doing something to change that gave me a ton more confidence in the dressing room. I was able to find a nice dress for a friend's wedding in May. Also had dinner with a friend tonight and it was my first time eating out while on IP.!

Sounds like a great day dcs, congratulations on your lose and finding a dress. Most importantly feeling more confident:carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearciuil (Post 4983313)
Oh! I had a NSV Tuesday morning, with my 3rd-5th grade choir:
One of their songs has a rather long phrase with nowhere to take a breath. I made it to the end of the phrase without having to take a breath for the first time on Tuesday. I've got my breath control back, and it's because of the weight I've lost! :cool:

Way to go!

Sarah bell, personally I dint think it is your responsibility the girl left the flat iron while it was on, on her counter. Clearly her mistake and I would not engage in a conversation with her about it. I'm sure it is stressful to hear about it.

Enjoying a quiet day here, it feels so much warmer out -high is 21, but I heard it was going down to 4 on Wednesday. Feels like winter is never ending.

drd1961 04-13-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebug470 (Post 4983244)
Thanks guys for the words of encouragement. Decided to take a bike ride and that really helped but did not realize how tired I would with the reduced calories. And that was my mistake it is ketosis, not ketoacidosis, so used to ketoacidosis from work. I have been really not wanting to depend on the extra packet because I don't think it lasts past the first week. I have read that the 3-5 days can be the worst for cravings so I expected it a bit but man they are nasty. This change in my eating has been teaching me portion control and how to spice something up without loading it with sugar,fat and carbs.

That extra packet is there to help you when you really need it so I would not be worried about using it. I found at the beginning I used it sometimes and not others and it really helped with staying with the diet at times.

sarahBell 04-13-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4983437)
sarahBell - As a former seller on Ebay, I think for the most part the seller is at a huge disadvantage these days. The buyer can leave negative feedback, you cannot. You can defend yourself in a comment reply to negative feedback but that is about it. Ebay is very supportive of the buyer.

The thing that may be in your favor is the amount of time that has passed. If you have time, check and see how long the buyer has to leave feedback - it might not be possible after that long?

If they can, you just need to decide if it is worth the hassle. In the 13 years I was on ebay, I always refunded even when I thought it was totally unjustified. I did have someone post negative two months after receiving her Coach bag because it was used too much (as described in the listing!)

You do not need the stress. You have a lot on your plate (sorry, bad pun!) Just bite your tongue, think about just refunding part of the price and take a long walk and forget it. Your peace of mind is more important.

Thanks for the advice. Here is what I think could have happened:

1. Maybe she left it plugged in and went out and came back to a potential disaster (I got the email at 3:30 this AM!!! and in all caps)

2. Power Surge?

3. She left feed back already and it was positive

I will contact ebay today when I get a chance, we have an open house today so I have a lot to get done before we leave.

But I think that almost 3 months later I have zero liability on this issue, it seems to be user error.

I have bought and sold stuff on ebay for years, I have zero negatives on my profile. In fact I bought an item a few weeks ago, paid and received the item. I got an email from someone who received $ from me but was not the seller. She refunded the $$ to me I contacted the seller and told him that his email on his profile went to someone else- in short I made sure he got his $$$. I could have let him hash it out with paypal but took the first step to correct the issue :)

AmberLS 04-13-2014 11:30 AM

The only side affect of this diet that irritates me is roaring it's ugly head again.... I will be happy when I don't sporadically start bleeding. I know it's the hormones from the fat but seriously it hasn't even been two weeks since the last time. I'm literally having TOM every two weeks, it's a week long, so I only get a week off of bleeding before I start again. It's a torn feeling, being happy that I am definitely in ketosis (not that I doubt it since I'm 100% op) but I keep thinking how many more hormones can I possibly have in there!!!! BUAHAHAHA