3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP weekend chat Sat 4/12 - Sun 4/13/2014 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/294706-ip-weekend-chat-sat-4-12-sun-4-13-2014-a.html)

pishposhappelsauce 04-13-2014 11:33 AM

Hope everyone has been having a great weekend. I had my first experience dining out last night OP. And...it definitely could have gone better. I called ahead and said I had a lot of dietary restrictions and I wanted to place my order ahead of time not to make a fuss in front of my large party of people I mostly didn't know (friend's birthday, 17 people). They said, oh we deal with food allergies all the time, just tell your server when you get there.

So I get there and I tell the server that I can't eat dairy, so no butter, or grains or bread of any kind and need my food cooked very lightly in olive oil.

This place had a very vague menu so there was no telling how anything was prepared and wasn't exhaustive in what each dish included. I ordered a veggie appetizer for example and the item on the menu said "Garden nibble - kale, squash, mushrooms. It came out with one piece of kale and one mushroom and then a bunch of things I couldn't eat like carrots, potatoes, peas, etc. I accidentally ate a parsnip because I didn't recognize it. One little piece of parsnip shouldn't kill me but I was bummed out.

Then I got my entree. The menu said the dish included rhubarb, but the rhubarb was slightly pureed and definitely had added sugar, so didn't eat it. The meat, a pork chop, was also dripping in olive oil. I tried to discretely soak it off in my napkin, but I definitely think I was way over my fat for the day. It was also a very fatty cut. A quarter of it was still raw, like still kind of that gelatinous look that raw meat has. So I sent it back, and I'm pretty sure they recooked the remaining portion in butter because the taste was distinctly different. I only took a bite or two of what was left and gave up.

My stomach was very upset and grumbly afterward and I felt really bloated, so it was not agreeing with me. Very frustrating when you try hard to stay OP and it doesn't work out. Also, still within my first week so not something I want to start out with. :(

It's been beautiful here so I've been working in the garden a lot and doing a lot of lifting and squating dragging dirt and mulch around and planting. Also drank a ton of water so I'm hoping that will offset things a bit. I can't change anything so I just have to tell myself to move forward and stick to my plan. :)

drd1961 04-13-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce (Post 4983507)
Hope everyone has been having a great weekend. I had my first experience dining out last night OP. And...it definitely could have gone better. I called ahead and said I had a lot of dietary restrictions and I wanted to place my order ahead of time not to make a fuss in front of my large party of people I mostly didn't know (friend's birthday, 17 people). They said, oh we deal with food allergies all the time, just tell your server when you get there.

So I get there and I tell the server that I can't eat dairy, so no butter, or grains or bread of any kind and need my food cooked very lightly in olive oil.

This place had a very vague menu so there was no telling how anything was prepared and wasn't exhaustive in what each dish included. I ordered a veggie appetizer for example and the item on the menu said "Garden nibble - kale, squash, mushrooms. It came out with one piece of kale and one mushroom and then a bunch of things I couldn't eat like carrots, potatoes, peas, etc. I accidentally ate a parsnip because I didn't recognize it. One little piece of parsnip shouldn't kill me but I was bummed out.

Then I got my entree. The menu said the dish included rhubarb, but the rhubarb was slightly pureed and definitely had added sugar, so didn't eat it. The meat, a pork chop, was also dripping in olive oil. I tried to discretely soak it off in my napkin, but I definitely think I was way over my fat for the day. It was also a very fatty cut. A quarter of it was still raw, like still kind of that gelatinous look that raw meat has. So I sent it back, and I'm pretty sure they recooked the remaining portion in butter because the taste was distinctly different. I only took a bite or two of what was left and gave up.

My stomach was very upset and grumbly afterward and I felt really bloated, so it was not agreeing with me. Very frustrating when you try hard to stay OP and it doesn't work out. Also, still within my first week so not something I want to start out with. :(

It's been beautiful here so I've been working in the garden a lot and doing a lot of lifting and squating dragging dirt and mulch around and planting. Also drank a ton of water so I'm hoping that will offset things a bit. I can't change anything so I just have to tell myself to move forward and stick to my plan. :)

You did the best that you could do with a less than ideal situation. Now is the time to just move on. Shrug this off, don't dwell on it and simply do the program. You will be fine.

catlady1981 04-13-2014 12:15 PM

drd: Love your new haircut and picture. You look amazing!

Yayalaine 04-13-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce (Post 4983507)

I have had bad experiences with restaurants, too. I specify what I need and the waiter/waitress says, "Sure, no problem" or "Uhh, there will be extra charge, but I'm sure we can do it." Then, the food comes out and is very often NOT the way I requested... I ate at two independently owned local restaurants this week and they both acted like it was a big hassle and then still got it wrong.

I have had the BEST luck with Longhorn Steakhouse and Logan's Roadhouse even though they are both chains. So, those are going to become my favorite places from now on...

Ruth Ann 04-13-2014 12:36 PM

pishposhappelsauce - be sure to get extra water today. I'll bet they just loaded all that with sodium.

Good for you for making the best of a bad situation - you should be proud!

sunflwr816 04-13-2014 01:51 PM

pishposhappelsauce - Sounds like you made the best out of a crappy situation! Drink lots of water today just to be on the safe side. I've run into the same situation a few times myself, just keep trucking along!!

Thanks to all who commented on my profile pic and puppy! I can't thank you all enough for the support and motivation to stay OP every day!

drd1961 04-13-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catlady1981 (Post 4983535)
drd: Love your new haircut and picture. You look amazing!

Thanks!

dlr9774 04-13-2014 06:02 PM

Let's take time to think of the benefits of IP: Greater energy, weight loss, less/too no cravings (you do get there) and better self esteem. Keep with it

cschmandt 04-13-2014 06:17 PM

I hope that everyone]had a great weekend!!! Monday is rounding the corner. Ugh!!

[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-st...8/130/181/.png [/url

Annik 04-13-2014 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlr9774 (Post 4983762)
Let's take time to think of the benefits of IP: Greater energy, weight loss, less/too no cravings (you do get there) and better self esteem. Keep with it

:cp:

Mulse 04-13-2014 06:33 PM

Can someone give me advice? I want to make a tuna salad for dinner. My can of tuna weighs 110g when drained and has 120 calories and 26g of protein, 0 carbs. Do I need to eat 2 cans to get the 8oz of fish that is recommended as my protein for the day? Or is the one can sufficient?

Ruth Ann 04-13-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulse (Post 4983780)
Can someone give me advice? I want to make a tuna salad for dinner. My can of tuna weighs 110g when drained and has 120 calories and 26g of protein, 0 carbs. Do I need to eat 2 cans to get the 8oz of fish that is recommended as my protein for the day? Or is the one can sufficient?

That's only 3.8 oz of meat Mulse - I think you need another can. Or you could chop up a couple of hard boiled eggs in it.

dlr9774 04-13-2014 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenny38 (Post 4982896)
Good morning,

Lisa, I hope you recover quickly from your cold, getting sneezed on is not fun. There seems to be a lot of Spring colds going around.

Ruth Ann, your weekend sounds lovely, enjoy and have fun cleaning out the closets. I'm finding my closets getting more and more empty as I have good willed or gave all my old clothes to a friend. It feels great yo say goodbye.

Sunflwr816- your little puppy is too cute and seems to have grown a bit already. Your profile picture is stunning. How do you pits a picture of the puppy?

I had so much fun shopping for dresses yesterday for the first time in my life! Went to Marshals and got two dresses for regular 120 for 60 and size 14:carrot: I felt pretty and more importantly confident that I looked good wearing them. I will try to post a picture and do a profile picture today. I'm so grateful to have found IP and proud that I'm sticking with it.

Jenny38- love Marshals and what a great feeling, size 14! Enjoyed your post and picture.

dlr9774 04-13-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunflwr816 (Post 4982861)
Thank you, you're too sweet! Yes this picture was from my cousin's wedding 2 weeks ago...we had such a fun night.

It's amazing how much the weather will affect my mood. I feel so much happier and full of life with this sunshine and mild temperatures. Seeing buds come up in our garden and buying tulips for around the house is such a mood lifter!

And thanks for asking about the pup, he is doing great! It's been a little tricky with going back to work and trying to find family members/friends to stop by and let him out and walk him (he's too small for puppy daycare since he's not completely vaccinated). He has him moments (sharp teeth, ouch!) but overall he's such a sweet little guy and life is a lot more interesting with him around :D
That is SO cute about the kitten (now cat) and your dog...I love when dogs and cats are best buds!!!

Here's a picture of Miles from yesterday on our walk to the beach!Attachment 46072

SUNFLOWER - like the picture of you - you look great, and your pup on the "boardwalk" is so cute! Thanks for sharing!:hug:

Mulse 04-13-2014 07:52 PM

Good call on the eggs, Ruth Ann. I feel perfectly satiated.