Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 06:25 AM   #1  

Default IP weekend chat Sat 4/12 - Sun 4/13/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 04-12-2014, 06:53 AM   #2  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good morning! Hooray for weekends!

My plan is for a relaxing weekend. Need to clean out my closet (again) and I think new shoes need to be bought. I realized yesterday that I have pretty much no Spring clothes - I've spent the winter in fleece lined leggings and long sweaters and it's just getting too warm for those.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post

My plan is for a relaxing weekend. Need to clean out my closet (again) and I think new shoes need to be bought. I realized yesterday that I have pretty much no Spring clothes - I've spent the winter in fleece lined leggings and long sweaters and it's just getting too warm for those.
Shopping for spring/summer clothes is my favorite!!

We also have a low key weekend with beautiful weather forecasted for our area...mid 60s-low 70s and sunny! We have an alumni BBQ that we're taking the puppy to and probably a trip to the beach tomorrow! So thankful to have this weekend off from work.

Weigh-in 9 today...down another pound! I'll take it!

Last edited by sunflwr816; 04-12-2014 at 07:01 AM.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:11 AM   #4  
Started IP 04/22/2013

sunflwr816 - Is that a new pic? You look gorgeous! And congrats on the loss!

We're bbqing on Sunday - supposed to be about 70 and sunny. I love nice relaxing Sundays! This was a terribly busy week and I'm looking forward to just puttering around.

Has the new puppy acclimated? Puppies are so much fun, but so active! We considered a puppy when we realized our dog needed a "buddy" several years ago when both dh and I were out of the house all day but I didn't think it was good to get a puppy without having time to really train it so we ended up with a kitten - who now believes he is a dog since he and the dog are best friends.

Last edited by Ruth Ann; 04-12-2014 at 07:11 AM.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Quote:
sunflwr816 - Is that a new pic? You look gorgeous! And congrats on the loss!

We're bbqing on Sunday - supposed to be about 70 and sunny. I love nice relaxing Sundays! This was a terribly busy week and I'm looking forward to just puttering around.

Has the new puppy acclimated? Puppies are so much fun, but so active! We considered a puppy when we realized our dog needed a "buddy" several years ago when both dh and I were out of the house all day but I didn't think it was good to get a puppy without having time to really train it so we ended up with a kitten - who now believes he is a dog since he and the dog are best friends.
Thank you, you're too sweet! Yes this picture was from my cousin's wedding 2 weeks ago...we had such a fun night.

It's amazing how much the weather will affect my mood. I feel so much happier and full of life with this sunshine and mild temperatures. Seeing buds come up in our garden and buying tulips for around the house is such a mood lifter!

And thanks for asking about the pup, he is doing great! It's been a little tricky with going back to work and trying to find family members/friends to stop by and let him out and walk him (he's too small for puppy daycare since he's not completely vaccinated). He has him moments (sharp teeth, ouch!) but overall he's such a sweet little guy and life is a lot more interesting with him around
That is SO cute about the kitten (now cat) and your dog...I love when dogs and cats are best buds!!!

Here's a picture of Miles from yesterday on our walk to the beach!Image 6.jpg
Old 04-12-2014, 07:29 AM   #6  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Oh he is adorable! Makes me (almost) want another puppy!
Old 04-12-2014, 07:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Good morning. Heading out the door to visit the daughter for the long weekend. Got some safe foods in a cooler, but will also be planning my fun day this weekend. Gotta go, long drive!
Old 04-12-2014, 07:43 AM   #8  

I have a busy day as well. My alumni association has a global day of service. Unfortunately I've been fighting a cold since a student sneezed in my face on Monday. My head is pretty clogged. I'm glad I'm not volunteering at a nursery today. I'd have to cancel.

Lunch is provided for our crew. I'll have my cooler with p1 food.
I have taken food to special events and I've even taken "sides" to restaurants when their offerings don't fit IP. It can be done, with planning, diligence, and tenacity. A "no matter what" attitude gets us far on this plan.

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-12-2014 at 07:43 AM.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Good morning,

Lisa, I hope you recover quickly from your cold, getting sneezed on is not fun. There seems to be a lot of Spring colds going around.

Ruth Ann, your weekend sounds lovely, enjoy and have fun cleaning out the closets. I'm finding my closets getting more and more empty as I have good willed or gave all my old clothes to a friend. It feels great yo say goodbye.

Sunflwr816- your little puppy is too cute and seems to have grown a bit already. Your profile picture is stunning. How do you pits a picture of the puppy?

I had so much fun shopping for dresses yesterday for the first time in my life! Went to Marshals and got two dresses for regular 120 for 60 and size 14 I felt pretty and more importantly confident that I looked good wearing them. I will try to post a picture and do a profile picture today. I'm so grateful to have found IP and proud that I'm sticking with it.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:40 AM   #10  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Congrats Jenny on the size 14s! That is so exciting! Can't wait to see your pics.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/196/175

I think I have recruited a new member! I have been doing personal training sessions since January with a good friend of mine. We took a two week break and when she saw me yesterday, she said she could not believe how small I was looking and then asked for all the details of IP. I try not to be a recruiter but at the same time, I only have good things to say about this experience. I have lost over 45 pounds since Christmas and feel amazing. My husband has lost 50 and looks like a new man!
Old 04-12-2014, 08:59 AM   #12  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Happy, happy weekend, everyone! I am so THRILLED to be on spring break! YAHOOOOO!

Workout done, breakfast done, laundry in, now a hot bath, then going to spend time with my almost 3-year-old niece on this lovely day!

Went to Kohl's yesterday with my 30% off coupon and got a bunch of clothes- dresses, even! I am not a person who wears skirts or dresses regularly, if ever- only for special occasions. The spring dresses were so cute, though, that I tried hem on and LOVED the way they looked! Mostly smalls and some mediums. How thrilling! Thanks to all of you for the support and info on this journey! No I have school clothes and some cruisewear for my trip this summer! I might even wear one of the dresses to a baby shower tomorrow.

Quote:

Yup, yup, fun shopping in the spring! Cute stuff out, too! Make some room in that closet. Hubby purged his side last weekend, and now it is virtually empty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
I had so much fun shopping for dresses yesterday for the first time in my life! Went to Marshals and got two dresses for regular 120 for 60 and size 14 I felt pretty and more importantly confident that I looked good wearing them. I will try to post a picture and do a profile picture today. I'm so grateful to have found IP and proud that I'm sticking with it.
Congrats! That confidence is so empowering, isn't it? Awesome feeling to get those smaller sizes, and with good deals, too! I might have to check out Marshall's soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie739 View Post
I think I have recruited a new member! I have been doing personal training sessions since January with a good friend of mine. We took a two week break and when she saw me yesterday, she said she could not believe how small I was looking and then asked for all the details of IP. I try not to be a recruiter but at the same time, I only have good things to say about this experience. I have lost over 45 pounds since Christmas and feel amazing. My husband has lost 50 and looks like a new man!
Great stats! And it feels so good to share this program. It works!
Old 04-12-2014, 09:23 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Lisa: Feel better!

Ruth Ann: Hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend. You deserve it.

Sunflwr: You are beautiful! Hope the new job is going well!
Old 04-12-2014, 09:30 AM   #14  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

It's going to be a fantastic week!!!! My kids and I are on Spring Break! Gonna relax do fun stuff with my kids, some swimming, maybe see a movie. Go to my oldest daughters soccer games. Should be fantastic.

On another note I got asked to be a bridesmaid in a fall wedding. The good news is it's fairly relaxed and I get to pick my own dress, it just has to be black. So hopefully I'll be buying myself a LITTLE black dress!
Old 04-12-2014, 10:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Nashua delivery

Feels like Christmas morning... had an early morning delivery of a big Nashua Nutrition box! I can't remember who it was, but someone on the forums told us about how to order single packs of Syntrax Nectar products. I did that and ordered a packet of every flavor that seemed to fit IP.

You click on the Syntrax Nectar "Grab & Go" 12-packet box. In the middle of the description, there is a statement that says "TRY BEFORE YOU BUY." Then, there is a link that says "Click here." (Thanks so much to the person who posted about this earlier! I probably would not have noticed that.)

That takes you to a link for Protein Powder Samples that has even more options than Syntrax Nectar. I had to go back and forth to find the actual item description to look up the nutrient info, but gradually found a list of products that I wanted to try. (This time, I am just trying Syntrax products-- 16 different flavors!). It was $1.95 per pouch, but I'd rather try it this way instead of buying a big jug of a flavor I find I don't like!

Now, to decide which flavor to try first....
Closed Thread