Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 09:14 PM   #316  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylynt View Post
My fiancé made bacon for his breakfast this morning and a few slices were just sitting there...the first time I saw them I ignored them, second, third, forth the same, fifth time I took all 6 and put them in a Ziploc bag and into the fridge. So much better not seeing them

Started "cleaning up" my kitchen. I have so much food now that I won't use for awhile! and that my fiancé and 2 boys won't eat.

My kitchen would be MUCH more minimalist (which I like) if I could get rid of everything. Makes me feel relax when I don't see clutter everywhere.
I had my friends come and take whatever they wanted from my house. They took care of everything I couldnt eat that my family didn't eat. Just an idea for you. Better then throwing stuff out.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:17 PM   #317  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Family dinner on Sunday's at my brothers, it's great to hang out but it's challenging to not eat some of the time, but I manage to overcome every week for six weeks now and tonight there was even enchilada's and cheesecake I love Mexican food, it's probably the food I miss the most although I recreate as much as I can.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:55 PM   #318  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Thanks Slipfree & MsGracie! I'll be okay, just a rough week and tired. I am nervous about moving on but confident I will do well. Just this little nagging whisper in the back of my head trying to convince me that I'm just going to gain it all back. Which I KNOW won't happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
I had my friends come and take whatever they wanted from my house. They took care of everything I couldnt eat that my family didn't eat. Just an idea for you. Better then throwing stuff out.
Now that's a great idea! Sometimes easier to not have it around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Family dinner on Sunday's at my brothers, it's great to hang out but it's challenging to not eat some of the time, but I manage to overcome every week for six weeks now and tonight there was even enchilada's and cheesecake I love Mexican food, it's probably the food I miss the most although I recreate as much as I can.
Good job on staying OP! It is fun to hang out and I always concentrate on the friends and family and try not to make it about the food.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:56 AM   #319  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good morning!

I actually got a pretty decent night's sleep and am feeling good today! Hooray for sleeping in to 5 a.m. on a Monday!

Have a happy 100% day all!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:12 AM   #320  

Ruth Ann:
Change can be unsettling but rest assured, it is easier than it looks
Old 03-31-2014, 11:27 AM   #321  

S/C/G: 245/193.6/145

Height: 5' 6"

Default Plateau

Hi All,

I have been on IP almost 5 weeks and I started out losing at a rate of 3lbs per week but the last week and half I am barley losing 1 lb a week. I have not cheated at all and I drink more than the 80 oz of water per day. I find it really frustrating that I'm eating maybe 800 or 900 calories a day and yet the scale isn't moving. Has anyone experienced this and if so did the weight start coming off again at any point?

ChattySusan

Last edited by ChattySusan; 03-31-2014 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:33 AM   #322  
On IP since Mar 26, 2014

S/C/G: 198.5/187/120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
Good advice, thanks
Old 03-31-2014, 11:46 AM   #323  
IP rebooting

S/C/G: 276/ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattySusan View Post
Hi All,

I have been on IP almost 5 weeks and I started out losing at a rate of 3lbs per week but the last week and half I am barley losing 1 lb a week. I have not cheated at all and I drink more than the 80 oz of water per day. I find it really frustrating that I'm eating maybe 800 or 900 calories a day and yet the scale isn't moving. Has anyone experienced this and if so did the weight start coming off again at any point?

ChattySusan
Everyone loses at different rates. You will have weeks where you will lose lbs and weeks where it's more inches. Trust the ride and stick with it- rely on how you feel and how your clothes are fitting. The weight will come off.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:59 PM   #324  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattySusan View Post
Hi All,

ChattySusan
You are doing well and right on track. The average of 3 lbs per week is when you look at the overall weight loss once you reach goal and figure out your weekly average from that point. You will have weeks of no loss, some weeks of "gasp!" a slight gain, and many weeks of low losses. Those will be mixed in with weeks of higher losses. As you get closer to goal you will also notice a slow down and lower losses.

It is not a plateau unless you go several (4-6) weeks with no losses at all. Rest assured you are doing well and as long as you follow the guidelines the pounds will come off. I noticed I lost inches on weeks where my pounds lost were not as high. Your body is adjusting and sometimes retains water weight or just doesn't show what is happening on the scale.

Good luck to you and hang in there!
Old 03-31-2014, 05:26 PM   #325  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I kind of had a NSV on Friday night. My brothers and sisters-in-law were going to dinner at a mexican restaurant. I love mexican food, but find that it is difficult to eat at restaurants. Most mexican food is not IP compliant (beans, cheese, sour cream, tortillas). I haven't really had mexican since I started IP. I really miss it.

Any way, I couldn't find a website for the restaurant so I decided not to go. I didn't think I would cheat, but I didn't want to get there, be really hungry and then not be able to eat anything.

I reminded myself it isn't forever, I will be able to eat mexican food again sometime.

Happy Monday.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:06 PM   #326  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
I kind of had a NSV on Friday night. My brothers and sisters-in-law were going to dinner at a mexican restaurant. I love mexican food, but find that it is difficult to eat at restaurants. Most mexican food is not IP compliant (beans, cheese, sour cream, tortillas). I haven't really had mexican since I started IP. I really miss it.

Any way, I couldn't find a website for the restaurant so I decided not to go. I didn't think I would cheat, but I didn't want to get there, be really hungry and then not be able to eat anything.

I reminded myself it isn't forever, I will be able to eat mexican food again sometime.

Happy Monday.
Mexican food is what I miss the most too! Salsa and guacamole yum! I make some "fajita's" at home and use lettuce as the tortilla.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:07 PM   #327  
AmberLS

On another note how did I not discover the lemon bars until today?!?!??! OMG too good to be diet lol, I think these are one of those restricted I'll keep around after the diet for the sweet tooth attack!
Old 03-31-2014, 06:13 PM   #328  

Height: 5'4"

8 days back on the program and I feel so good!!! My 12s are back to falling off me and I am almost comfortably back in my 10s. Whew! There are so many new IP products! I am in love with the BBQ crisps and i MUST try those new lemon wafers.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:18 PM   #329  
AmberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
8 days back on the program and I feel so good!!! My 12s are back to falling off me and I am almost comfortably back in my 10s. Whew! There are so many new IP products! I am in love with the BBQ crisps and i MUST try those new lemon wafers.
Definitely try the lemon wafers, holy cow, if they weren't a restricted I'd eat them again! LOL
Old 03-31-2014, 07:05 PM   #330  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Definitely try the lemon wafers, holy cow, if they weren't a restricted I'd eat them again! LOL
Where in Wyoming are you?
Closed Thread