Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 11:50 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I love divorcing B&J! You can date them in maintenance but no re-marrying!
You make me laugh Ruth Ann!
Old 03-26-2014, 08:14 AM   #212  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
You are so right Ruth Ann! Exes are meant to stay exes. I think that I will stick to the rule of no ice cream in the house during maintenance. I am better with trigger foods in public. Pints of ice cream have no place in my vision of mindful eating.
I think you're right Slipfree - certain foods will stay "outside" foods forever. I have problems with really good pastries so I suspect I will buy one (ok, 2 if I feel like being nice to dh) if I really want it and not a 1/2 dozen. Easier to just not have them in the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii69 View Post
You make me laugh Ruth Ann!

Despite being all clogged up from allergies, I feel good today. Funny how some days I feel fat and some days I feel skinny and it really has no relationship to what the scale says. Wonder why that is?
Old 03-26-2014, 08:28 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

I know what you mean. I don't think I drank enough water yesterday and today I just feel puffy. Been very busy with tech week of the show and have to make sure I still treat myself well.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:28 AM   #214  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
I think you're right Slipfree - certain foods will stay "outside" foods forever. I have problems with really good pastries so I suspect I will buy one (ok, 2 if I feel like being nice to dh) if I really want it and not a 1/2 dozen. Easier to just not have them in the house.

Despite being all clogged up from allergies, I feel good today. Funny how some days I feel fat and some days I feel skinny and it really has no relationship to what the scale says. Wonder why that is?
Definitely agree - best to limit temptations inside the house!

Ruth Ann, I find myself thinking the same things about my size. I certainly feel somedays that I'm making great progress, and other days I think OMG, I have so far to go yet. And these thoughts don't correspond to the scale. Can we blame it on hormones?
Old 03-26-2014, 08:34 AM   #215  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

I've had a hankering for spaghetti & meatballs lately. Obviously, it is out of the question for now. But, I still fixed it as a meal last night! I made my own turkey meatballs, & my own marinara sauce (so I would know exactly what was in it), and cooked up a pot of pasta. Before you panic, I did not eat any pasta! My DH had all 3, my DD ate the pasta & the sauce, I had the meatballs, sauce & a lovely spinach salad. It was so nice to fix a meal that all of us could enjoy!

I also have a bunch of meatballs I can freeze & pull out for a protein another time. I know I could have made veggie noodles, but I haven't perfected that technique yet.

I am very pleased
Old 03-26-2014, 08:48 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post
I've had a hankering for spaghetti & meatballs lately. Obviously, it is out of the question for now. But, I still fixed it as a meal last night! I made my own turkey meatballs, & my own marinara sauce (so I would know exactly what was in it), and cooked up a pot of pasta. Before you panic, I did not eat any pasta! My DH had all 3, my DD ate the pasta & the sauce, I had the meatballs, sauce & a lovely spinach salad. It was so nice to fix a meal that all of us could enjoy!

I also have a bunch of meatballs I can freeze & pull out for a protein another time. I know I could have made veggie noodles, but I haven't perfected that technique yet.

I am very pleased
Shredded zucchini makes a great IP pasta. You can cut it into spaghetti strips on a mandolins or there are vegetable peelers that shred into strips. A no cost option is to cut the zuke into long thin slices with a knife, then stack the slices and cut into super thin strips. I micro it a few mins, drain and enjoy spaghetti and meatballs!

I also cut zuke into long thin slices and use it in place of noodles to make lasagne. I did this pre IP and made a "traditional" lasagne (w/ricotta and mozzarella) but it was still low carb. You could do an IP version too.

YUM!
Old 03-26-2014, 09:07 AM   #217  
Started IP 04/22/2013

You know drd, you may be onto something there. I'll have to pay attention and see if my "fat" days correspond to my water intake the day before. I know I feel a lot better when I get enough water in.

Good job turtlemom on figuring out how to make what you have a hankering for in a totally healthy way! I think things even taste a lot better to me knowing that it's totally OP but still what I wanted!
Old 03-26-2014, 10:28 AM   #218  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Morning Yall! Last week we discussed lettuce in the shakes...I posted in the daily chat yesterday about my first attempt bc I forgot where I had that conversation! I did the wildberry yogurt in it with 2C lettuce. It tasted a little lettucy but was decent. I got recommendations to try the other fruit drinks. This AM I did the strawberry banana. I lost all fruit flavor to the lettuce. Once again, not awful in taste but it wasn't fruity. Today for my lunch drink I'm going to do a chocolate RTD with some coffee and the lettuce. Maybe those flavors will be stronger? Here's to hoping! I'm SO FULL from my morning drink and it's helping to get all that lettuce in! I see now how easy it is to eat 8C lettuce a day!
Old 03-26-2014, 12:10 PM   #219  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Today is WI day. Some people post what week # they are on. I have no idea what week # I am on, but I started the program 7/12 (I think).

I have changed up my habits a bit, taking some fiber and a probiotic, to get that system going. Also, eating part of my lettuce every day (of the 8 cups recommended by my clinic) in a salad. About 1-2 cups.

I am trying to boost the weight loss. The probiotic and fiber had been recommended by someone on another thread. We'll see how it works.

I remain 100%, I am losing slowly but surely, but I am so ready for a "kick start" and get these last 30ish pounds off (not sure how many pounds I still want to lose).

Happy Wednesday all.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:18 PM   #220  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Ems - good luck with the lettuce! I'm sure you'll come up with a concoction that works for you!

ColoradoCarol - good luck on your weigh in. Sounds like you are doing everything absolutely perfectly so I hope the whoosh fairy pays a visit!

I was down another 2 lbs at my weigh in today so we set a firm date of April 3 to start P2. I seriously thought about going down another 10 but I think it's time to take a break and see how I do maintaining for awhile. I can always go back to P1 if I decide I need to go down another few pounds. I am very excited!
Old 03-26-2014, 12:32 PM   #221  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

ColoradoCarol - good luck on your weigh in. Sounds like you are doing everything absolutely perfectly so I hope the whoosh fairy pays a visit!

I was down another 2 lbs at my weigh in today so we set a firm date of April 3 to start P2. I seriously thought about going down another 10 but I think it's time to take a break and see how I do maintaining for awhile. I can always go back to P1 if I decide I need to go down another few pounds. I am very excited!
Ruth Ann, congratulations. I thought that ticker moved. That is super.

I would love to get 2 lbs today.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:40 PM   #222  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCarol View Post
Ruth Ann, congratulations. I thought that ticker moved. That is super.

I would love to get 2 lbs today.
Thanks Carol!

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you. I'd cross my eyes but it gives me a headache!
Old 03-26-2014, 01:04 PM   #223  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMom View Post
I've had a hankering for spaghetti & meatballs lately.
Great post, TurtleMom! I love how we can make things work to fit our tastes. I often make "curry" by adding curry powder to my sauteed veggies and pouring IP chicken soup over it. Yum! I also do curry for dinner. I've had shrimp curry, chicken curry and yummy beef curry!

Put it over cauliflower rice and it's divine!

Quote:
I was down another 2 lbs at my weigh in today so we set a firm date of April 3 to start P2. I am very excited!
RuthAnn, how exciting! You've done great on this! When I phased off I did a full 2 weeks of P2 and then another 2 weeks of P3, although you'll figure out what works for you with your coach. I ended up losing more weight on both P2 and P3.

Just have to share how excited and happy I am. This morning when I weighed myself I saw my goal weight of 125 on the scale. Ok, it was after my shower in the morning, but there it was! In the late afternoon, when I weigh in with the coach, it's usually 2 pounds more, but it was still refreshing to see those numbers on my scale!

I like to be 6 pounds under my goal weight. I use my goal weight as a ceiling weight to never go above. (Obviously I goofed there, but am back on track!)

We are so lucky to have this tool! Have a great day, everyone!
Old 03-26-2014, 01:22 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Ems - good luck with the lettuce! I'm sure you'll come up with a concoction that works for you!

Congrats Ruth Ann! That's fantastic.
Old 03-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Great post, TurtleMom! I love how we can make things work to fit our tastes. I often make "curry" by adding curry powder to my sauteed veggies and pouring IP chicken soup over it. Yum! I also do curry for dinner. I've had shrimp curry, chicken curry and yummy beef curry!

Put it over cauliflower rice and it's divine!

RuthAnn, how exciting! You've done great on this! When I phased off I did a full 2 weeks of P2 and then another 2 weeks of P3, although you'll figure out what works for you with your coach. I ended up losing more weight on both P2 and P3.

Just have to share how excited and happy I am. This morning when I weighed myself I saw my goal weight of 125 on the scale. Ok, it was after my shower in the morning, but there it was! In the late afternoon, when I weigh in with the coach, it's usually 2 pounds more, but it was still refreshing to see those numbers on my scale!

I like to be 6 pounds under my goal weight. I use my goal weight as a ceiling weight to never go above. (Obviously I goofed there, but am back on track!)

We are so lucky to have this tool! Have a great day, everyone!
joysh: That is exciting! You have come so far and been so successful. You and Ruth Ann are very inspiring!
Closed Thread