Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 07:30 AM   #451  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
Thanks. To be fair, though, I did steal it from Edward Kleban. (Look up "Dance 10, Looks 3." Just be aware that some of the words are not, as we say, school-appropriate.)
Stolen or not, it is precious! So much sweeter than many other terms that are used to refer to those parts.

Congratulations on it all - when clothes start to fall off, it is a GREAT feeling and a real sign of progress that feels almost better than losing pounds. I think it is actually better....
Old 04-08-2014, 07:39 AM   #452  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
I had the cutest NSV yesterday. I was at my Sunday morning meeting and a little girl (8yrs old) I've known since she was born was hanging around me... I said 'Hello, and how are you today?' she replied 'fine thank you...... you look REALLY good!' I thought it was so cute and it really made my day!!
Don't you love kids? Congrats on the NSV!

After I'd lost in the neighborhood of 60 lbs my sister asked her 14 year old son "did you notice your aunt lost weight and doesn't she look great?" He gave his mom a disgusted look & said "I did notice, but it's not polite to comment on someone's weight." That earned him a great big hug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Those moments are precious - it is thanks to IP that someone has spontaneously called me beautiful for the first time in memory. More to come!
Of course you are beautiful! I knew that and I've never seen you! Congrats to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowey16 View Post
Thanks Ruth Ann and Lisa for the reply on my Gelatin And Ruth Ann I was thinking that at my WI this week I am going to buy one of the IP drinks not just the shakes and use one of those on my busy days to get it in and I always get in my water. Going to also put a jar of dill pickles in the fridge at work to help with the veg at work. I just wish some days that lettuce counted as a veg LOL
There you go dowey! Sometimes it takes a little ingenuity, but with planning you can get it all done. If you like field greens or spinach, those count as veggies. I had taco salad last night and put it on spinach instead of lettuce - tasted good!

A lot of people mix spinach with a pudding or berry pack in the morning (or evening) to help get the veggies in and bulk up the packet. Note: in a blender, don't try using a shaker cup for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearciuil View Post
NSVs - I noticed this morning that I'm right on the verge of needing new underwear. Orchestra and balcony both. Also, the belt that was too small for me when I started is now worn with several inches tucked into the keeper.
Yeah Fearciuil! And now dh wonders why I'm over here snorting and giggling. Thanks for the laugh!
Old 04-08-2014, 09:44 AM   #453  

Height: 5 '6

Good morning! I leave on Sunday for a conference and my coach isn't sure she can get my food order to me before I go.... I have enough IP food to tide me over but they certainly are not my favorites and when I travel its easier to stay OP when I have the good stuff with me.... soooo I will drive to a neighboring clinic tonight (2 hours) where a nice rep agreed to sell me some food so I know I'm prepared for the trip next week! I have work to do half way there so it won't be too bad.

I think I'll stop at Costco and see if I can find some Premier Protein shakes.. I'm starting to toy with the idea of supplementing my diet with some alternatives just to see if I can save a little money.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:00 AM   #454  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Good morning! I leave on Sunday for a conference and my coach isn't sure she can get my food order to me before I go.... I have enough IP food to tide me over but they certainly are not my favorites and when I travel its easier to stay OP when I have the good stuff with me.... soooo I will drive to a neighboring clinic tonight (2 hours) where a nice rep agreed to sell me some food so I know I'm prepared for the trip next week! I have work to do half way there so it won't be too bad.

I think I'll stop at Costco and see if I can find some Premier Protein shakes.. I'm starting to toy with the idea of supplementing my diet with some alternatives just to see if I can save a little money.
Great plan, Hiker! btw, I could not stomach those Costco shakes, though many people do well with them. Suggest saving your receipt just in case--fortunately Costco is great about full refunds if you try a product and don't like it.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:47 AM   #455  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
Great plan, Hiker! btw, I could not stomach those Costco shakes, though many people do well with them. Suggest saving your receipt just in case--fortunately Costco is great about full refunds if you try a product and don't like it.
Oh thanks for the advice! I'm terrible at keeping receipts so I will make sure to hold on to this one.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:55 PM   #456  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:

Good for you for pre-planning Hiker! No wonder you are such a great success!
Old 04-08-2014, 05:00 PM   #457  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Height: 5'0"

Default Ugh feeling awful

Hi Everyone!
Really enjoyed reading through all your posts. So, Ive been 7 days OP no cheating! However, I feel awful! I have no energy, Ive spent 4 days on the couch now, wasted my whole week off from work lying down, sleeping and watching Law and Order SVU marathons, lol!

I have been off and on IP for over a year due to cheating and skipping weeks of weigh ins, bad I know. But now Im 100% OP and wow I feel like crap.

Can anyone relate? Are you suppose to feel this bad a week in? I haven't been able to exercise once. I feel hot, sweaty, shaky, weak, exhausted- Im not sick with a bug either. I was eating carbs and sugar very heavily before I finally got my act together last week.

I am eating everything Im suppose to, not skimping on my veggies or olive oil, taking the supplements and drinking at least 64oz of water. Ive been drinking a little extra coffee just because I cant function Im so tired.

Anyways, any advice??? Thanks! ~Sara
Old 04-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #458  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanRN View Post
Hi Everyone!
Really enjoyed reading through all your posts. So, Ive been 7 days OP no cheating! However, I feel awful! I have no energy, Ive spent 4 days on the couch now, wasted my whole week off from work lying down, sleeping and watching Law and Order SVU marathons, lol!

I have been off and on IP for over a year due to cheating and skipping weeks of weigh ins, bad I know. But now Im 100% OP and wow I feel like crap.

Can anyone relate? Are you suppose to feel this bad a week in? I haven't been able to exercise once. I feel hot, sweaty, shaky, weak, exhausted- Im not sick with a bug either. I was eating carbs and sugar very heavily before I finally got my act together last week.

I am eating everything Im suppose to, not skimping on my veggies or olive oil, taking the supplements and drinking at least 64oz of water. Ive been drinking a little extra coffee just because I cant function Im so tired.

WELCOME BACK!!

Sounds pretty much like "Ketosis Flu" to me... Especially since you had been heavily eating carbs and sugars prior to starting. Keep staying 100% and power through for another few days and I bet things turn around.

Then REMEMBER how you felt all this week and use that memory to your advantage any time you feel like veering off the IP path. (I suggest writing down all the icky feelings you have been through this week in great detail and save it for later!) You have enough experience now to know that for you, a little "off path" step can derail you for a long, long time.

Stay the course... The IP course, and you will succeed!!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:43 PM   #459  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

I agree. I had started reducing carbs 2 months before I started IP and actually lost 13 pounds that way. So I did not get hit with that or crave carbs. My DH would be like you because he is so addicted to carbs. I have worked on him though and he is getting better.

Well, big changes ahead. I have chosen a doctor for my hip replacement and the right one will happen in July. I am working on making extremely good food choices and maybe drop some more weight before then to be a lean mean fighting machine for rehab. Scary, but an end to pain is something to look forward to.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:08 PM   #460  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
I agree. I had started reducing carbs 2 months before I started IP and actually lost 13 pounds that way. So I did not get hit with that or crave carbs. My DH would be like you because he is so addicted to carbs. I have worked on him though and he is getting better.

Well, big changes ahead. I have chosen a doctor for my hip replacement and the right one will happen in July. I am working on making extremely good food choices and maybe drop some more weight before then to be a lean mean fighting machine for rehab. Scary, but an end to pain is something to look forward to.
DRD- Congratulations on finding a doctor. My mom had her hip replaced in November of 2012 and it changed her life. She was in such pain and had very limited mobility prior to her replacement, so it has been life changing for her as I'm sure it will for you.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:19 PM   #461  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanRN View Post
Hi Everyone!

Are you getting your salt in? Very important!

And congrats on restarting - I know it's tough now, but it really will get better!
Old 04-08-2014, 09:33 PM   #462  
Started IP 04/22/2013

And yuck - 3 hours in the dentist chair today. Going to be a challenge getting all my water in. Plus I hate the dentist, always puts me in a bad mood.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:47 PM   #463  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
And yuck - 3 hours in the dentist chair today. Going to be a challenge getting all my water in. Plus I hate the dentist, always puts me in a bad mood.
Sending positive thoughts your way that any lingering effects of your dental work are gone by tomorrow so you can have a better day!
Old 04-08-2014, 10:10 PM   #464  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Sending positive thoughts your way that any lingering effects of your dental work are gone by tomorrow so you can have a better day!
Thank you! I will get over myself!
Old 04-09-2014, 04:14 AM   #465  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs0826 View Post
DRD- Congratulations on finding a doctor. My mom had her hip replaced in November of 2012 and it changed her life. She was in such pain and had very limited mobility prior to her replacement, so it has been life changing for her as I'm sure it will for you.
Yes, that I think is what made the final decision. I am too young to be hobbling around in pain all the time. I will be having both done, but the right one this summer. It actually was my main reason for losing weight.
Closed Thread