Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #91  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aecker4 View Post
Hi. I weighing in tomorrow for the second time since starting ideal protein. I'm feeling very depressed. I've never chopped, measured and weighed food as much as I have the past 2 weeks. But I've enjoyed it. I've enjoyed trying new things. Ive enjoyed seeing my kids try new things too. But still feel unhealthy and depressed. No difference in my clothes even after the 8.5 lose the first week. My brother said where'd you lose it? I'm 40 so that shouldn't bother me but it does. Encouragement welcomed.
It IS a LOT more work to eat healthy but this is what we SHOULD be doing (all the veggies!) and you WILL get used to it.

I started at 260 and at larger sizes it took a while for me to change sizes. I just didn't talk about it much at first to others because I didn't need their negativity to bring me down.

I had to remember that even thought I'd lost 8 lbs (or 20 or 50!), I was still in the obese range and although I was losing weight, other people still saw me as obese. It took me time to get in the shape I was in & it took time to correct my condition. But persistence pays! And success is ALL in the attitude. It is time to adjust yours toward your accomplishments and to be proud of them!

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-26-2014 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:50 PM   #92  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aecker4 View Post
Hi. I weighing in tomorrow for the second time since starting ideal protein. I'm feeling very depressed. I've never chopped, measured and weighed food as much as I have the past 2 weeks. But I've enjoyed it. I've enjoyed trying new things. Ive enjoyed seeing my kids try new things too. But still feel unhealthy and depressed. No difference in my clothes even after the 8.5 lose the first week. My brother said where'd you lose it? I'm 40 so that shouldn't bother me but it does. Encouragement welcomed.
Hi! The best advice I can give you is to just keep swimming!

Just keep doing what you're doing and it WILL happen for you. The weight/unhealthy eating/size didn't come on overnight either. The inches/pounds thing is weird. Some weeks it is great, some not so great and then sometimes, whoosh! You just have to make peace with the fact that it has a mind of its own. If you're doing all the right things, in time, you won't believe how far you've come. (Many of us would be jealous of an 8.5 pound first week loss, green with envy)

Another key learning I think many of us have had is that we cannot look to others for validation or affirmation. Certainly it's nice when you get outside support but honestly, this is a personal journey. You've made a choice. You're doing the work. And you will reap the benefits. (your family will as well because you'll be a healthier and happier you) You don't need anyone to approve. You will get some compliments soon I'm sure! (Plus brothers are notoriously annoying. I have two and oy,the backhanded "compliments")

I know it's hard now, early on... but I promise that if you really stick to it, one day you'll look back at this and marvel at how far you've come. You'll be proud, confident, healthy and in better control of what life throws your way.

I'm not generally a rose colored glasses person so I have to work hard to look for the good things, and to appreciate them. The more I do that, the better I feel.

I hope you feel better about all this soon. Good luck. Keep it up - you're doing great!
Old 02-26-2014, 01:55 PM   #93  

QUESTION: what's the best thread for phase 2 and phase 3 questions? It feels like daily chat may not be quite right but Maintainers doesn't feel right either. Thoughts?

In part i'm looking for some phase 2/3 lunch ideas - portable/easy for work. And some phase 3 breakfast ideas. I found one older phase 3 breakfast thread but it didn't have as many suggestions as I'd hoped. (sometimes search here is weird)

happy hump day all! IP POWER to you.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:03 PM   #94  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
QUESTION: what's the best thread for phase 2 and phase 3 questions? It feels like daily chat may not be quite right but Maintainers doesn't feel right either. Thoughts?

In part i'm looking for some phase 2/3 lunch ideas - portable/easy for work. And some phase 3 breakfast ideas. I found one older phase 3 breakfast thread but it didn't have as many suggestions as I'd hoped. (sometimes search here is weird)

happy hump day all! IP POWER to you.
This is the best Phase 3 thread for breakfast ideas. LizRR came up with some GREAT ideas! I made myself a whole file of them. And once I had a few ideas it was easier to adapt from there.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ast-ideas.html

As far as lunches, I think the maintainers thread is a great idea. That, or just seeing what different folks eat for meals in the what are you eating thread. It might give you some ideas. I took chicken or tuna salad on a bed of lettuce frequently on p2/3. Easy to make a bunch at once. Veggies included. I also just made more dinner portions of things b/c I knew I'd be taking leftovers for lunch.

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-26-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:14 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 236.5/224/160

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Yeah, don't think tequila is on phase 1....lol. Imagine if they made margarita flavored drinks. Like instead of the granata drink mix it was margarita!
Well, they do have pina colada flavored drinks.... they are actually pretty good too! Lol
Old 02-26-2014, 04:36 PM   #96  

Height: 5'4"

Random thoughts:
*cut back the intensity on the exercise until you can keep up, plus add the packet, whether before/during/after will depend on when you exercise. (Breakfast shake/workout/second shake, for example, or, IP snack/workout/dinner plus have the bed time snack)
*time for the paper towel analogy!--when you put the giant roll of papertowels in the holder and take off the first, second third sheets--it still looks kind of giant. By the time you get near the end of the roll, each sheet removed makes it look A LOT smaller. Fat loss can look the same way. Well, except sometimes the roll gets a lot smaller on top before the "stomach rolls" start getting smaller.
*p2/p3 lunch ideas--I second both of lisa's suggestions, look at the "what are you eating today" thread and post on the maintainers thread. There have been a few p2 threads but that don't get much action, so you'll get more answers on the maintainers thread, I think.

Last edited by infoplease; 02-26-2014 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:37 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicnana View Post
Well, they do have pina colada flavored drinks.... they are actually pretty good too! Lol
forgot about those! I don't know about you, but I stick to my top like...5 packets. haha. I'll have to grab a few!! Thanks for the reminder!
Old 02-26-2014, 05:11 PM   #98  
Start date: 2/19/2014

S/C/G: 198/194/125

Height: 5'0"

I had an extremely hectic day off... All kinds of running around! Then I finally got home and I was starving...only to realize I forgot to pull chicken out of the freezer to defrost . My first thought was oh well I'll just go grab something quick and get back on track tomorrow. As I was grabbing my keys I just decided no. Not going to do it! I'm tired of "re-starting" and the best way to stop that is to stop quitting! So I made eggs... I really really am not a fan of eggs! But I ate them along with 2 c of sautéed spinach and you know what? Not quitting makes eggs taste better!!
Old 02-26-2014, 05:19 PM   #99  
Started IP 2/23/14

S/C/G: 242/231/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottnball2 View Post
I had an extremely hectic day off... All kinds of running around! Then I finally got home and I was starving...only to realize I forgot to pull chicken out of the freezer to defrost . My first thought was oh well I'll just go grab something quick and get back on track tomorrow. As I was grabbing my keys I just decided no. Not going to do it! I'm tired of "re-starting" and the best way to stop that is to stop quitting! So I made eggs... I really really am not a fan of eggs! But I ate them along with 2 c of sautéed spinach and you know what? Not quitting makes eggs taste better!!
Great job!!
Old 02-26-2014, 06:03 PM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
This is the best Phase 3 thread for breakfast ideas. LizRR came up with some GREAT ideas! I made myself a whole file of them. And once I had a few ideas it was easier to adapt from there.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ast-ideas.html

As far as lunches, I think the maintainers thread is a great idea. That, or just seeing what different folks eat for meals in the what are you eating thread. It might give you some ideas. I took chicken or tuna salad on a bed of lettuce frequently on p2/3. Easy to make a bunch at once. Veggies included. I also just made more dinner portions of things b/c I knew I'd be taking leftovers for lunch.
Thanks Lisa and InfoPlease!

I appreciate that you posted the link. I need to start a file of cut/pasted items so that I don't have to re-find things.

Last edited by vachinyc; 02-26-2014 at 06:05 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:04 PM   #101  

Quote:
Awesome, awesome, awesome!
Old 02-26-2014, 06:12 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 260/196/175

Height: 5'8"

Started a new decade today, the 220's! Haven't seen these numbers in quite some time so pretty excited.

On another note, is anyone as obsessed with zucchini noodles as I am? I want them with every meal and love making spaghetti and Alfredo with them. I swear my Facebook friends think I'm nuts since it's all I talk about at dinner time anymore.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:53 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Kinda cool NSV...
I was talking about rings with a friend (one who is getting engaged soon we think) and she looked at my fingers (because I had just commented on buying a new purity ring) and she said "Deana!! Your fingers are so small!" and I really wish I had taken pictures of my hands before and after kind of deal, because my fingers really are shrinking!
To prove this, I started out by wearing a size 11 ring for many years... I decided since I was seriously considering this new purity ring, that I was going to get my ring finger sized at Walmart when I was there.... I asked the lady, and the first one she tried on was a little loose, so she dropped it a size, and low and behold, I am now a REGULAR size 8!!! I dropped 4 ring sizes! How crazy is that! I'm so glad that I didnt already have rings I needed to get re sized!

Had so many NSV's lately! I will have to take a picture of myself in the dress that I just got (Spanx are amazing) They shoved me into a size 16! I haven't been in a 16 in at least 10 years I think...
Great NSVs....

16? That is what I wear and we are the same height!
Old 02-26-2014, 06:58 PM   #104  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcjaug View Post
Hello everyone. I am Courtney from New Orleans. I just started IP on 02/20/14. I have tried other diets in the past and am tired of the yo-yo. I am hoping that this will be the start to a finish of my weight loss journey. So far I am enjoying the diet and not finding it too difficult. Well, it is Mardi Gras here so I am missing out on my King Cake!!! The biggest problem I am having is the veggies. I do not like a lot of veggies and most of the ones I do like, I can't have. I go for my first WI tomorrow and am hoping for some additional motivation.
Welcome and good luck! When I started IP, I ate about three cooked veggies: broccoli, zucchini, and green beans. Now, I am eating and enjoying such a wide variety of veggies! Try different things, cook them different ways (roasted veggies are amazing), and you will find things you enjoy. Use spices, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Kinda cool NSV...
I was talking about rings with a friend (one who is getting engaged soon we think) and she looked at my fingers (because I had just commented on buying a new purity ring) and she said "Deana!! Your fingers are so small!" and I really wish I had taken pictures of my hands before and after kind of deal, because my fingers really are shrinking!
To prove this, I started out by wearing a size 11 ring for many years... I decided since I was seriously considering this new purity ring, that I was going to get my ring finger sized at Walmart when I was there.... I asked the lady, and the first one she tried on was a little loose, so she dropped it a size, and low and behold, I am now a REGULAR size 8!!! I dropped 4 ring sizes! How crazy is that! I'm so glad that I didnt already have rings I needed to get re sized!

Had so many NSV's lately! I will have to take a picture of myself in the dress that I just got (Spanx are amazing) They shoved me into a size 16! I haven't been in a 16 in at least 10 years I think...
Congrats! How exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
Good Morning.

For Christmas I got my husband tickets to see Phantom of the Opera in Chicago and today is the day. We are taking the late morning train up, and staying overnight. I already have the menu printed from the restaurant we have reservations at(probably have salmon because I save salmon for eating out) and have bars in my bag for the train ride so I do not get over hungry.

I bought the tickets for the last week of the show hoping that this close to March it would be warmer....not so, but since we have been dealing with this cold all winter, we will be fine.
I know it is cold, but have a great time! What a special night out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myshylo View Post
Day 5 OP. Feeling great! Cravings are starting to disappear and I'm dealing much better with the no nos around me and the scale is definitely going down

However, last night I went to Bootcamp. My coach warned me about working out and I should have listened. Felt like crap the entire hour! No energy, hard to catch my breath, little strength. I cannot believe how your body reacts to the lack of food-fuel.

But not working out isn't an option for me. I am willing to scale it back for sure, but for those of you who do exercise: How long after starting OP did you start back at it; How do you fuel your body befor and after; and Do you find it helped or hindered your weight loss?

I am a runner and have four races already booked for this year, first on May 11. Would rather not lose all of the training I've done thus far if possible
I do half hour workouts, and started about two months into IP. I usually do toning, although sometimes I do light cardio. I do not normally feel the need for an extra packet, unless I do two workouts back to back. I don't know that it affected my losses overall, but I felt that it was important to get some toning in.

Quote:
Too funny! I had eggs and spinach, too! Way to keep yourself on track!
Old 02-26-2014, 07:03 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

forgot to check in and update on Tuesday, WI and lost 1lbs. I am getting back and dedicated make a good loss for this coming Tuesday.
Closed Thread