Old 02-22-2014, 07:34 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
I'm also under the weather today, my fiance is really sick and I think I have it now. Not sure I'll make my WI tomorrow, but seeing as the scale only showed .5 loss this week I'm not too anxious to weigh anyhow.
Hope you are better soon Sunflower, perhaps you lost inches!!! last week I only lost 3/4 of a lb but almost 3 inches go figure!!
kcdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:36 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

decided to stay home from my WI today, not feeling well enough
hopefully the scale will move by next week, we shall see
I spoke with my coach and told her and she suggested no restricteds this week, so might give that a try.
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:34 PM   #138  

just said screw it today and cheated
had a sandwich for lunch and pizza for dinner and some strawberries
I needed the mental break, diet fatigue is setting in
tomorrow is another day, back on track. Short term goal is to get to 135 by end of March.....
Old 02-22-2014, 08:30 PM   #139  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Quote:
tomorrow is another day, back on track. Short term goal is to get to 135 by end of March.....
4 lbs to your mini goal! You can do it! You're down almost 20 lbs! You can easily do 4! Just get back in the right mind frame. Remind yourself why you're doing this! Your dress fitting's coming up, isn't it? You don't want to start second guessing your choice if you don't feel confident in it during that first fitting!

It's one day, scratch that from your mind and focus on the next few weeks!
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:44 PM   #140  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Good for you! IP may or may not agree but recognizing and dealing with diet fatigue will more likely lead to success in the long run than white-knuckling it. You'll be fine tomorrow. Hope you enjoyed the break
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:53 AM   #141  

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
4 lbs to your mini goal! You can do it! You're down almost 20 lbs! You can easily do 4! Just get back in the right mind frame. Remind yourself why you're doing this! Your dress fitting's coming up, isn't it? You don't want to start second guessing your choice if you don't feel confident in it during that first fitting!

It's one day, scratch that from your mind and focus on the next few weeks!
thanks knm, it was an indulgence I do not regret. I plan on getting right back to the plan tomorrow. In fact I threw out the leftover pizza so I wouldn't be tempted to eat any tomorrow. I bought salmon, pork chops and chicken, with asparagus and lots of veggies for my suppers this week! I'm interested to know what the scale says after having my 3 slices of pizza tonight and a costco cookie, but I am not that anxiouswill weigh on Saturday.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:44 AM   #142  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
Good for you! IP may or may not agree but recognizing and dealing with diet fatigue will more likely lead to success in the long run than white-knuckling it. You'll be fine tomorrow. Hope you enjoyed the break
I felt really sleepy from the carbs today, so I know it knocked me out of ketosis. I know in a couple of days time the cheat will be behind me and I would have moved on from it. Yes I will be fine tomorrow. Food does NOT control me, but I control it. It was worth it to me. Some will differ but quite frankly I don't care.

PS: Won't cheat this much again for another 6 weeks atleast
I had pizza, a ham sandwich on rye bread, some strawberries and a costco cookie
Old 02-23-2014, 11:13 AM   #143  

decided to weigh this morning out of curiosity and only up 1 lb. IF I nip this in the bud today, that should be gone by Monday. I hope!!
Old 02-23-2014, 03:50 PM   #144  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
decided to weigh this morning out of curiosity and only up 1 lb. IF I nip this in the bud today, that should be gone by Monday. I hope!!
It's most likely a little water weight and yes, if you hit it OP today, it should just be a passing blip.

It's always a tricky thing with this issue. I'll throw this out there in case it applies and is helpful, but of course disregard if not--you're doing wonderfully!
In my past dieting experience, if the scale was pretty much ok after a slip, some part of me took note and eventually these little transgressions would turn into more frequent and bigger ones that derailed me.

With IP, the commitment to being OP is essential to success, imo, at the same time acknowledging that some slips are inevitable. The thing is to hold the line and stay anchored to the program rather than adjusting and planning for off program things with any regularity. I saw a number of work buddies fall off permanently when they tried to do IP with, say, a"a tiny bit of alcohol" everyday, thinking that since they lost at first, it would somehow work. Maybe it can work, but from what I've seen, the focus and discipline are as essential to success as the packets.

Keep up your great work--you're almost there!
Old 02-23-2014, 04:00 PM   #145  

you're very very right about this. Staying focused is key but I sometimes don't know how to do it. I thought with my wedding in mind I will be, but it's still hard. I actually didn't even plan on cheating this weekend, it just happened. You're right. No planned cheats makes for more success down the line.

Today I wanted to cheat again, especially when I only gained 1 lb. I tried to justify it in my mind, but instead I'm doing really well today. Bit of a headache, but had my shake for lunch and breakfast and salmon with asparagus for dinner. I plan on no restrictives this week, just to see if my coach's suggestion will work to shake things up.
Thanks but you're the one doing so well. Almost to goal for you! how long did you take you?
Old 02-23-2014, 04:25 PM   #146  
maintaining since 9/2013

That's really great that you said no to the voice that wants just a little more today. I've realized there will never be enough to quiet that part of me, so mostly I try to acknowledge the longing but then move on.

It took me 7 months to get to from 220 to 145, after losing 25 lbs with WW. I reached 145 in back in Sept, then went below a bit, then gained some, (though I fit the same clothes size as the low weight). It takes a little tinkering to settle on a weight range and way of eating that works.

I remember that feeling of diet fatigue toward the end. A huge life event, even a joyful one like a wedding, can be stressful. It's a good chance to work to develop some skills & strategies to meet some old eating habits head on and find alternatives. Easier said than done, lol.

Here's a few things that worked for me, and others 3FCers will have some great ideas too:
1. Writing down the reasons you want to lose weight. The 'whys' are kind of a no brainer, but actually writing them is more powerful than would seem. 2. trying on either the baggier old clothes, or new sizes. Even if you don't buy, it's fun to just go your favorite store to see what your current size is, not worrying about what size you want to get to in the end. Also, consider buying well-fitting clothes second hand each time your size changes, though you are practically at goal.
3. mindfulness practice, sometimes just taking a moment to check in with yourself, focus on breathing in and out. I have on my iphone some guided instruction by Jon Kabat Zinn Wherever you go there you are & anything by Thich Nhat Hanh.

Last edited by mars735; 02-23-2014 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:00 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Hi Ladies still under the weather and also travelling for work this week. Double whammy. Sunflower I am glad you are back on track. You are so close to goal keep your eye on the prize almost there. I am right behind you albiet way behind :-) I am 2lbs away from my 10lbs goal. I now know I will not hit the 15lbs I intended before March 15th but whatever I get I will take.
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:03 AM   #148  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
That's really great that you said no to the voice that wants just a little more today. I've realized there will never be enough to quiet that part of me, so mostly I try to acknowledge the longing but then move on.

It took me 7 months to get to from 220 to 145, after losing 25 lbs with WW. I reached 145 in back in Sept, then went below a bit, then gained some, (though I fit the same clothes size as the low weight). It takes a little tinkering to settle on a weight range and way of eating that works.

I remember that feeling of diet fatigue toward the end. A huge life event, even a joyful one like a wedding, can be stressful. It's a good chance to work to develop some skills & strategies to meet some old eating habits head on and find alternatives. Easier said than done, lol.

Here's a few things that worked for me, and others 3FCers will have some great ideas too:
1. Writing down the reasons you want to lose weight. The 'whys' are kind of a no brainer, but actually writing them is more powerful than would seem. 2. trying on either the baggier old clothes, or new sizes. Even if you don't buy, it's fun to just go your favorite store to see what your current size is, not worrying about what size you want to get to in the end. Also, consider buying well-fitting clothes second hand each time your size changes, though you are practically at goal.
3. mindfulness practice, sometimes just taking a moment to check in with yourself, focus on breathing in and out. I have on my iphone some guided instruction by Jon Kabat Zinn Wherever you go there you are & anything by Thich Nhat Hanh.
such good advice, thanks so much. I especially need to work on my breathing and to keep in mind why I really want this. Not just for one day, for my wedding, but for life. I want to feel happy in my body for life and have all intentions of not gaining this weight back.

I think what really discourages me is when I don't see the scale move, like this week I was 100% OP and lost .5, last week I could understand why I lost .4 because I ate off plan, but this week it just made me mad. MY period is also late so I think the diet is messing with my cycle, I'm always on time. Just want to be at goal now and be done with it..with IP anyhow. Getting pimples and kanker sores in my mouth. I don't like the side effects. My hair has become so thin too.

Back on track today, going to weigh every day this week, simply out of curiosity. I have never done this before. I am just hoping my dress doesn't come in earlier than May because I won't be at goal any sooner.

Last edited by Sunflower40; 02-24-2014 at 12:25 AM.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:05 AM   #149  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdspirited View Post
Hi Ladies still under the weather and also travelling for work this week. Double whammy. Sunflower I am glad you are back on track. You are so close to goal keep your eye on the prize almost there. I am right behind you albiet way behind :-) I am 2lbs away from my 10lbs goal. I now know I will not hit the 15lbs I intended before March 15th but whatever I get I will take.
I admire anyone who can travel while on IP. You're doing great. Keep it up and let us know how it goes. You still have almost 3 weeks left, lots can be done by then. This flu is knocking everyone down.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:35 AM   #150  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
such good advice, thanks so much. I especially need to work on my breathing and to keep in mind why I really want this. Not just for one day, for my wedding, but for life. I want to feel happy in my body for life and have all intentions of not gaining this weight back.

I think what really discourages me is when I don't see the scale move, like this week I was 100% OP and lost .5, last week I could understand why I lost .4 because I ate off plan, but this week it just made me mad. MY period is also late so I think the diet is messing with my cycle, I'm always on time. Just want to be at goal now and be done with it..with IP anyhow. Getting pimples and kanker sores in my mouth. I don't like the side effects. My hair has become so thin too.

Back on track today, going to weigh every day this week, simply out of curiosity. I have never done this before. I am just hoping my dress doesn't come in earlier than May because I won't be at goal any sooner.
You are welcome!
The scale can be a cruel mistress, lol. I think your goals are wonderful (not that my opinion is what matters). Keep returning to them when you feel discouraged. Your wedding and marriage won't be negatively impacted if you were to stop losing weight now, btw. Your dress would either have to be altered to the size you are, or you would have to get another one. Not such a bad thing. More important is being happy in your body, and mind, too.

That's not meant to encourage you to stop your diet, far from it. It's that I feel we all have these goals in life that we want to get on with, and losing weight seems like an obstacle to just get over with so we can get on with the "important things".
Having struggled with weight issues almost my entire life, I've come to recognize that getting to a weight I liked IS the important thing--to me anyway. I'm willing to throw anything and everything I got at it. It comes first before everything else--for me. I like moving with ease and not tiring easily. I like fitting into a consistent size of clothing and not agonizing every time I need an outfit for a special occasion. I love the feeling that I achieved this goal, as much as anything else I've accomplished in my life.

Rambling over! Hope you have a wonderful week and keep us posted.

Last edited by mars735; 02-24-2014 at 10:38 AM.