Old 03-12-2014, 01:56 AM   #256  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmcakes View Post
Hi Kcdoe,

While I understand where you are coming from, rescheduling meetings or cancelling them and thinking about foods I'll be able to eat when phasing off is precisely what caused me to gain all of my weight back slowly since my first round of IP in 2008. I know that you may feel restricted and think that there is no harm in weekend cheats and allowing yourself some more food, but it is a very slippery slope. Before you know it, you start adding more food here and there or food that is nowhere near IP protocol and you cheat way too often. I'm not saying it'll happen to you, but it did happen to me.

I would keep my weigh-ins where they are and honour them. Your coach won't say anything if you slip up once or twice, but if you do it more often you might need to be accountable. It will only help your progress.

I would advise against making any changes to the plan until you have phased off and know that you are in complete control of yourself.
Emmcakes, I apologize, I was a bit defensive. Thank you for sharing what caused your downfall, I've been there and quickly felt attacked remembering the previous journey. I appreciate your advise and ability to share with me. As you can tell, I'm not so good at it. This sharing strengths and weaknesses with those I do not know is new to me. I hope you will always continue your bravery and sharing!!! Thank you truly!
kcdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:19 AM   #257  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
Emmcakes, I apologize, I was a bit defensive. Thank you for sharing what caused your downfall, I've been there and quickly felt attacked remembering the previous journey. I appreciate your advise and ability to share with me. As you can tell, I'm not so good at it. This sharing strengths and weaknesses with those I do not know is new to me. I hope you will always continue your bravery and sharing!!! Thank you truly!
kcdoe - Learning our strengths and weaknesses when it comes to food is essential in this journey. In all honesty, if we all had good relationships with food we wouldn't be here, would we? And sharing our doubts and triumphs here can be so helpful - everyone here knows the feelings and doubts and worries, we've been there or are there or will be there in the future.

I don't think anyone meant to attack you - weight and weight loss is a sensitive subject for many and any helpful suggestions or advice given here truly are given because people care. Sometimes the help is blunt and not what we want to hear but it's always given because the poster wants you to succeed.

Sharing my concerns about my weight, this diet, and all the baggage that comes with it was so hard. But I'm so glad I did, all the advice and seeing how many others were on the same journey I was has made it so much easier for me.

So hang in there, and come here when you have doubts you can do this or feel like going off plan - there's usually someone around who can talk you down!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:11 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 238.6/207.8/150

Height: 5"8

Day 1 of my restarting today. I was supposed to start yesterday but I wasn't able to get the proper food until last night.

Wish me luck all. I have been struggling with the weight I have gained for months.. it is so much harder this time around. I need strength.
SusanneXo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:16 PM   #259  

Quote:
Lisa we all feel that way, if you believe in it just do it!! But as you know because you have supported many in these posts they are full of people who followed it and had and are having great success! And this is the diet for them! Perhaps for life, but they still have to push through every day and win the fight with the emotions, life's stresses and pressures that cause over endulging. I've had those strong moments when I read some of the posts and think, really come on stop cheating and just do it. Then I have days where I don't read at all because I know what I'm doing wrong. Then i have moments where i share my weakness, which are rare but i did in this previous post! I to did a diet called fit for life years ago and lost 50 lbs. it worked then but would never work now. Im a different person now and its meaning and affect in my life had its moment, but it passed! Those who are constantly strong, constantly steadfast and constantly assured do not reside in these posts, why would they? We would quickly frustrate them with our reality and challenges that they could not relate to
I wish us all success those who battle often, those who battle sometimes and those stronger that battle rarely! We are all still here posting together walking this walk and fighting this battle, Together!!!!
kcdoe...I hear you on the daily struggling part. It is something that I am at war with often and although I usually win, it doesn't stop the thoughts and urges to throw in the towel and eat whatever I want. It can be exhausting, both mentally and physically, to do IP or any diet for that matter. My husband is doing IP (he is on phase 3 now) and did phase 1 for two weeks (only needed to loose 10lbs) and he was amazed at the emotional aspect of the diet...not the physical but the mental anguish that accompanies wanting something but restricting yourself. There is no doubt in my mind that while the more you use your or flex your resistance muscle, the stronger it gets while on the other hand if used constantly, it gets fatigued. With all that said, and what keeps me motivated is knowing that this will not be forever (phase 1). I know and recognize that IP will probably be a part of my life forever (phase 1 days after an indulgence) or a reboot here and there to keep myself in check. I know that this battle will never be over and I will constantly have to fight for my goal weight...sadly (and I do get down about this from time to time) that I will never be one of those people who can eat and drink freely without repercussions.

In the meantime, I offer support and understanding. I know where you are coming from and the frustrations that come with it. I believe in you and I know you can do it.

Hang in there and hugs.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:17 PM   #260  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to check in. I've begun a reboot to lose 10 pounds that crept onto me. I did a 3-week reboot in January, but I did not stick with it long enough. Then I took some trips and made some choices that resulted in gains.

It's so true that some of us will always have to be careful with our food choices. I simply cannot revert to my pre-IP eating habits. I just don't handle the carbs that well.

At any rate, I'm going to stick on it this time until I'm back to where I want to belong so that I can wear all of my new summer clothes. Last summer I was at my lowest weight and I bought some wonderful things. My goal is to be comfortable wearing them.

I'm going to mix my IP foods with less expensive alternatives this time, though. I've found a few Proto-Thin soups that I can have and some snacks as well. All of these are IP-comparable.

So here we go! I'm on day 2 and doing just fine. We'll hang in there together!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:26 AM   #261  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
kcdoe - Learning our strengths and weaknesses when it comes to food is essential in this journey. In all honesty, if we all had good relationships with food we wouldn't be here, would we? And sharing our doubts and triumphs here can be so helpful - everyone here knows the feelings and doubts and worries, we've been there or are there or will be there in the future.

I don't think anyone meant to attack you - weight and weight loss is a sensitive subject for many and any helpful suggestions or advice given here truly are given because people care. Sometimes the help is blunt and not what we want to hear but it's always given because the poster wants you to succeed.

Sharing my concerns about my weight, this diet, and all the baggage that comes with it was so hard. But I'm so glad I did, all the advice and seeing how many others were on the same journey I was has made it so much easier for me.

So hang in there, and come here when you have doubts you can do this or feel like going off plan - there's usually someone around who can talk you down!
Thank you Ruth Ann, it certainly does make it easier to read through all the entries. I read long before I started to comment. I apologized later because I realized that it wasn't an attack I was reactive to my own quilt. As you say we can all relate to that. After all this is for most of us a state we are in because we did it to ourselves. It's not easy to be reminded of that. And when someone says "oh that's how I ended up failing" you are reminded of your own past failures and want to shout out "No that won't be me, that's not what I'm doing" ha ha kinda falls under "the lady she doth protest to much me thinks" LOL I was quickly reminded of my past failure and lashed out. We have no greater enemy then ourselves at times
Thank you again for the very kind words!!!! really appreciated it!
Old 03-13-2014, 06:44 AM   #262  

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
kcdoe...I hear you on the daily struggling part. It is something that I am at war with often and although I usually win, it doesn't stop the thoughts and urges to throw in the towel and eat whatever I want. It can be exhausting, both mentally and physically, to do IP or any diet for that matter. My husband is doing IP (he is on phase 3 now) and did phase 1 for two weeks (only needed to loose 10lbs) and he was amazed at the emotional aspect of the diet...not the physical but the mental anguish that accompanies wanting something but restricting yourself. There is no doubt in my mind that while the more you use your or flex your resistance muscle, the stronger it gets while on the other hand if used constantly, it gets fatigued. With all that said, and what keeps me motivated is knowing that this will not be forever (phase 1). I know and recognize that IP will probably be a part of my life forever (phase 1 days after an indulgence) or a reboot here and there to keep myself in check. I know that this battle will never be over and I will constantly have to fight for my goal weight...sadly (and I do get down about this from time to time) that I will never be one of those people who can eat and drink freely without repercussions.

In the meantime, I offer support and understanding. I know where you are coming from and the frustrations that come with it. I believe in you and I know you can do it.

Hang in there and hugs.
Eandc, Bless you, Big Big hugs back ! I felt like you were describing me in your words. That is exactly how it feels, totally exhausting! Food is such a part of my lifestyle and social interactions. I live with two men that LOVE to cook and my sister and I did wine tours and sought out restaurants to spend hours eating, drinking and talking in on a monthly bases. I have had to change not only my eating but my life and how I interact with people. It is not only hard for me it is VERY hard for them. They are so proud and so happy and so supportive but they, like me, miss our old social activities. And I know what everyone will say, find new ones. And that is what we are trying to do however it is almost the death of a kind of relationship that you will never have again. Yes the occasional "Fun" days. Or whatever you want to call them. But they will never be blindly enjoyed again without the constant nagging thought of. Phase 1 tomorrow can't have can't do can't can't lol. At 50 I know I cant Yo Yo anymore for the sake of my health. I am so happy to be thin again and feel awesome, but I mourn the indulgent life that I must leave behind.
Thank you for starting my day with kind words and support. I will carry this with me throughout the challenges of the day!!

Last edited by kcdoe; 03-13-2014 at 06:45 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:50 AM   #263  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanneXo90 View Post
Day 1 of my restarting today. I was supposed to start yesterday but I wasn't able to get the proper food until last night.

Wish me luck all. I have been struggling with the weight I have gained for months.. it is so much harder this time around. I need strength.
Good Luck Susanne you can do this!!!!!
Old 03-13-2014, 06:53 AM   #264  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to check in. I've begun a reboot to lose 10 pounds that crept onto me. I did a 3-week reboot in January, but I did not stick with it long enough. Then I took some trips and made some choices that resulted in gains.

It's so true that some of us will always have to be careful with our food choices. I simply cannot revert to my pre-IP eating habits. I just don't handle the carbs that well.

At any rate, I'm going to stick on it this time until I'm back to where I want to belong so that I can wear all of my new summer clothes. Last summer I was at my lowest weight and I bought some wonderful things. My goal is to be comfortable wearing them.

I'm going to mix my IP foods with less expensive alternatives this time, though. I've found a few Proto-Thin soups that I can have and some snacks as well. All of these are IP-comparable.

So here we go! I'm on day 2 and doing just fine. We'll hang in there together!
Joysh, is that 10 lbs I just saw melting away!!!! Very smart to catch it at 10 congrats..... Summer cloths and wearing my first ones without having to find Summer jackets to cover the fat has been the dangling carrot for me!!!
Support being sent your way!!!
Old 03-13-2014, 08:55 AM   #265  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Thank you Ruth Ann, it certainly does make it easier to read through all the entries. I read long before I started to comment. I apologized later because I realized that it wasn't an attack I was reactive to my own quilt. As you say we can all relate to that. After all this is for most of us a state we are in because we did it to ourselves. It's not easy to be reminded of that. And when someone says "oh that's how I ended up failing" you are reminded of your own past failures and want to shout out "No that won't be me, that's not what I'm doing" ha ha kinda falls under "the lady she doth protest to much me thinks" LOL I was quickly reminded of my past failure and lashed out. We have no greater enemy then ourselves at times
Thank you again for the very kind words!!!! really appreciated it!
Yeah, we really do tend to be harder on ourselves than anyone else, don't we? I try to remember to give myself a break sometimes - this is HARD work!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:39 AM   #266  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I have said this so many times but will repeat. We are addicts. That is the truth of it, alcoholics, drug addicts, compulsive gamblers don't need those things to survive. We DO need food to survive and that is why our addiction is so much harder. Will we have binges, I dare say "yes" no matter how dedicated you are, it is 'what" you do after the binge. Come here, confess and get your mind back in the game. You all are so very supportive and so many appreciate it. We ARE so much harder on ourselves, you are right Ruth Ann.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:45 AM   #267  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

I'm confessing as well.
I am so stressed these days, I had a breakdown yesterday too. Had rice and a bunch of chocolates. Scale is back to 139. Feeling sick about it. Woke with a headache. Back on track today. Not letting this control me. Everytime I cheat it cuts into my willpower. I hate how it makes me feel the next day!
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #268  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Thinking of you Sunflower
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:42 PM   #269  

S/C/G: 184 / 155 / 124

Height: 5'2"

Smile New chick

Hi All,

I just joined this site today, looking for a little support, camaraderie and inspiration. I just relocated to a new city and am currently unemployed. I've been doing WW on my own at home since Aug. 2013 and have lost 28 lbs. Although I use WW to help me stay on track, I have to eat gluten free and haven't really found what works for me (no grains versus gluten free grains). The first month of WW I lost 10lbs, 5 lbs the second month, then 3 lbs the following month. Since then, I've been averaging about 3 lbs or less per month, and this last month gained. I know that part of the fluctuations have been stress eating (with my move and change of situation) and also vacillating between eating grains, low carbs, high carbs...albeit within the parameters of WW. I have been faithful to exercise at least 5 days a week, some days more than others, depending on how I feel. Right now I feel crummy because I binged on friend rice yesterday!

So today, I'm rebooting and restarting. I need to set some goals and stick to them, instead of being all over the map. I've looked through the different forums and support groups and just felt like this was a good place to land.

Goals:
1) stay within my daily point range
2) exercise minimum 150 minutes/week
3) no grains
gypsyjaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:00 PM   #270  

S/C/G: 184 / 155 / 124

Height: 5'2"

Default Oops...my bad!

didn't realize this thread was for IP. Guess I'll look around some more for a place to land.
gypsyjaney is offline   Reply With Quote