Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 05:21 PM   #61  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppy1974 View Post
Good Afternoon! I've been reading a lot of posts. I find them very encouraging.
I have been feeling a tad light-headed today..... not sure why. I can't say I like this feeling. Makes me want to eat more to make the feeling go away but I just drink more water instead. I know a loss is a positive a step in the right direction but is 1# a week okay or should it be more. Maybe I need to look closer at my alternative products. Just incase I missed something during purchasing.
I did have a question. I thought I saw a post that answered it when I first joined but for the life of me I can't find it again. When counting carbs, do you subtract fiber AND sugar alcohol? Or just the fiber?

Hope everyone is having a pleasant day.
It's the sodium on the light headedness. Chicken broth will only help if it's not low sodium. Make sure you're getting ALL of your salt. Some people even add a little to their water.

Net carbs = total minus fiber. The food industry tries all kinds of other hocus pocus
Enjoy the skinny jeans!

And some weeks you'll. have higher losses and some lower.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-21-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:33 PM   #62  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Another delicious dinner! Wish there was leftovers for tomorrow! Not sure what I will come up with tomorrow...
Old 01-21-2014, 07:54 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

ShrinkingSusie-What was on the menu tonight? Mine was maple Dijon pork tenderloin, sautéed red cabbage and bib lettuce w/ lemon, olive oil and sprinkled with basil and rosemary
Old 01-21-2014, 08:20 PM   #64  
Third time's the charm!

Chicken breast on garden salad with homemade salsa/bruschetta as dressing.

Mmm, yours sounds delicious!
Old 01-21-2014, 08:27 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Chicken breast on garden salad with homemade salsa/bruschetta as dressing.

Mmm, yours sounds delicious!
So does yours! What did you include in your salsa? Have a snow day from school tomorrow, may make the cauliflower recipe that you shared with me or IP cauliflower fried rice.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:30 PM   #66  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
So does yours! What did you include in your salsa? Have a snow day from school tomorrow, may make the cauliflower recipe that you shared with me or IP cauliflower fried rice.
Snow day here, too! I am afraid we will be in school till July!!! (I like the time off, but enough is enough...oh well, though, guess we can't control the weather.)
Old 01-21-2014, 08:35 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Snow day here, too! I am afraid we will be in school till July!!! (I like the time off, but enough is enough...oh well, though, guess we can't control the weather.)
This is only our third snow day, current end is June 13th. I am okay with that. We only have one week in the spring for vacation. Last year with the hurricane and a blizzard, we were in school until the 23rd!
Old 01-21-2014, 08:56 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/160

Height: 5'5

Hello. New to this forum. Just started IP this past Saturday. So far it's been easier than I expected it to be. The one thing I am worried about is my weight obsession. I have always been a religious weigher.
One of the main reasons it's taken me so long to start the program is because I was worried that I would still be so concerned about the number on the scale, it would drive me crazy.
I know I have to focus on the mini achievements, it's just a thing I have to learn to deal with.
Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:07 PM   #69  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
I used one Roma tomato that I diced, one clove of garlic chopped, three chopped fresh basil leaves, a bit of salt and pepper, and some olive oil. I didn't measure, just eyeballed it. Then I let it sit in the fridge for the day. Next time I will put onion, didn't even think about it today! Oh and a dash of white vinegar.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:47 PM   #70  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinespeens View Post
Hello. New to this forum. Just started IP this past Saturday. So far it's been easier than I expected it to be. The one thing I am worried about is my weight obsession. I have always been a religious weigher.
One of the main reasons it's taken me so long to start the program is because I was worried that I would still be so concerned about the number on the scale, it would drive me crazy.
I know I have to focus on the mini achievements, it's just a thing I have to learn to deal with.
tinespeens: Welcome and congrats on starting! Seriously, if the scale is going to drive you nuts have someone hide it from you and only use your weekly weigh in. Fluctuations are a normal part of your body's metabolism and no need to stress. Stress can slow down your weight loss. The measuring tape, how your clothes fit and how you feel are just as important as the number on the scale.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:00 PM   #71  

Height: 5'4"

Our weather was in the 70's today-we are facing drought conditions
We could really use some snow on our mountains
not looking forward to fire season.
on a happier note:
I received my wedding invitation to my youngest sons wedding in April-great
motivation to stick to the plan!!
Old 01-22-2014, 12:09 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 226.2/198.6/170

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
I cannot have any extra iodine because I have Graves Disease. The thyroid uses iodine to create T4 hormone and then T4 makes T3. With Graves, my body makes too much T4. Right now we are trying to keep me off anti-thyroid meds, so I am watching iodine. One symptom of Graves is rapid heart rate.
Be careful of the protein drinks, many of them contain added iodine. My partner has Graves and I know she can't use the EAS shakes. I'm not sure about the IP shakes because I am on alternatives.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:42 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 260/196/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinespeens View Post
I'm a daily weigher as well. I told my husband to hide the scale then yelled at him to give it back to me within two days. I guess I don't see the harm in it. I know it's going to fluctuate and try not to stress about it. It just makes me feel better knowing I'm on the right track each day.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:53 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlettx View Post
Be careful of the protein drinks, many of them contain added iodine. My partner has Graves and I know she can't use the EAS shakes. I'm not sure about the IP shakes because I am on alternatives.
Interesting. I use IP drinks, and usually just the chocolate and wild berry ones. I do not use them a lot. I have changed to using salt with no iodine and am taking a multi-vitamin without iodine. My free T numbers were up at the end of December due to the iodine they used in the cortisone shots I had so the doctor wants me to try a few more months unmedicated. I have not been symptomatic so I am hoping no more meds.

Last edited by drd1961; 01-22-2014 at 05:56 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:19 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Day 21 of my reboot. I said this earlier in my reboot but I will mention it again. When I lost my 30 pounds in 2010 I never ate restricted. I have tried rebooting since then without any success but I was having 1 restricted bar every day. This time around I am not eating restricted and for some reason the weight is coming off and it seems easier. I know it does not affect some people eating restricted but for me I do think it affected my success. Have a 100% IP day.
Closed Thread