Height: 5'8

Thank you Lisa
Old 01-21-2014, 01:23 PM   #47  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
However, if we have a problem and then we eat over it, then we have 2 problems.
The only problem eating solves is hunger (true hunger).
Lisa: I really wanted to say thanks for all the great info you provide. Your answers are always spot on. This particular one is perfect! I often pass on your advice to my SIL to help on her IP journey as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettie134 View Post
good morning everyone, I have been on IP diet for 8 weeks now and started phase 2 last week. I have been finding that every morning this week after I have my drink packet my stomach is feeling sick. Could it be possible I could becoming sensitive to the IP products?
Nettie: I have noticed that I get slightly nauseated and shaky after I have my morning shake. I use an alternative product and not IP, but it did not always happen. I am wondering if it is a soy sensitivity as well.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:30 PM   #48  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefnrod View Post
I do not like cauliflower.This recipes sounds good does anyone know if you can taste it.

Shared by another wonderful clinic "The best Ideal Protein dessert...EVER!"

Shred a head of cauliflower (I use my Ninja or food processor), add some of the shreds to boiling water and sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg to the pot with a little vanilla extract. Let cook for 3-4 minutes, let cool (a wee bit) and pour mixture into your food-pro and blend.

Top with more cinnamon and Walden Farms Caramel sauce.
It's kinda like a warm bowl of oatmeal with caramel--and when you've lived on IP, that's AWESOME!

(Save the remaining shredded "cauliflower rice" for tomorrow's dinner)
I have made several recipes using cauliflower in the past week or so, and find I can't taste the cauliflower, however i have heard that jicama is good for recipes with cinnamon and is almost Apple like. Perhaps substitute that for the cauliflower. Or just try cauliflower. It's amazing how much our tastes change when we are eating healthy!
Old 01-21-2014, 01:32 PM   #49  
Started IP 1/19/2014

S/C/G: 173.6/162.8/130

Thanks, I am trying to eat different veggies so I don't get bored
Old 01-21-2014, 01:35 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefnrod View Post
Thanks, I am trying to eat different veggies so I don't get bored
I know you said you don't like cauliflower but have you ever tried it roasted? Tastes nothing like when you steam it. It gets crunchy and yummy!

Spread on a foil lined cookie sheet, mist with olive oil, sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Roast at 350* for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally until it's golden brown.

Worth a try!

PS. Most veggies taste completely different once you roast them. Zucchini, cauliflower, brussel sprouts and turnips are my favorites!
Old 01-21-2014, 01:37 PM   #51  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
I know you said you don't like cauliflower but have you ever tried it roasted? Tastes nothing like when you steam it. It gets crunchy and yummy!

Spread on a foil lined cookie sheet, mist with olive oil, sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Roast at 350* for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally until it's golden brown.

Worth a try!

PS. Most veggies taste completely different once you roast them. Zucchini, cauliflower, brussel sprouts and turnips are my favorites!
I totally agree! We are roasting broccoli right now. Yum!
Old 01-21-2014, 01:41 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
I totally agree! We are roasting broccoli right now. Yum!
Yum! That's the only veggie I have roasted yet. I love it so much steamed with olive oil and lemon juice that I never bothered to try it any other way. Next on my list!
Old 01-21-2014, 02:57 PM   #53  

Height: 5'4

well just got back from weigh in and down another 2lbs yay, I asked my coach about feeling sick after having my morning shake and she thinks it maybe the potassium pill she wants me to try taking it later in the day. I told her that I already tried that but she just brushed me off saying it can't be the protein packs because I didn't have a problem the first 7 weeks. I guess I am going to just start phase 3 and see if that fixes my problem.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:05 PM   #54  
Started IP 1/19/2014

S/C/G: 173.6/162.8/130

It wont hurt to try thanks for the info
Old 01-21-2014, 03:06 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 210/See ticker /135

Height: 5'3"

Good Afternoon! I've been reading a lot of posts. I find them very encouraging.
I have been feeling a tad light-headed today..... not sure why. I can't say I like this feeling. Makes me want to eat more to make the feeling go away but I just drink more water instead. I know a loss is a positive a step in the right direction but is 1# a week okay or should it be more. Maybe I need to look closer at my alternative products. Just incase I missed something during purchasing.
I did have a question. I thought I saw a post that answered it when I first joined but for the life of me I can't find it again. When counting carbs, do you subtract fiber AND sugar alcohol? Or just the fiber?

Hope everyone is having a pleasant day.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:18 PM   #56  

Oh......... over the weekend I went to Sears in search of some jeans because my 13 yo daughter told me that I looked liked I was swimming in my pants. So she told me I needed "skinny jeans", I told her these ARE my "skinny jeans". LOL She's funny, she picked out a pair of jeans, size juniors 15. I thought NO WAY, will I ever fit in a juniors "skinny" jeans but they fit with no problems. Just need different shoes to make the "skinny" part around the ankle look right. I know nothing about fashion. So I now have a pair of jeans that I can strut around in and not "swim" around in. lol

Gotta love my kiddo!
Old 01-21-2014, 04:24 PM   #57  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Just subtract the fibre. and congrats on the skinny jeans!
Old 01-21-2014, 04:33 PM   #58  

Thank-you Susie!
Old 01-21-2014, 05:07 PM   #59  
Fat Kimmie

S/C/G: 197.5/189/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppy1974 View Post
I have been feeling a tad light-headed today..... not sure why. I can't say I like this feeling. Makes me want to eat more to make the feeling go away but I just drink more water instead. I know a loss is a positive a step in the right direction but is 1# a week okay or should it be more. Maybe I need to look closer at my alternative products. Just incase I missed something during purchasing.
I did have a question. I thought I saw a post that answered it when I first joined but for the life of me I can't find it again. When counting carbs, do you subtract fiber AND sugar alcohol? Or just the fiber?

Chicken broth may help being light-headed.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:18 PM   #60  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppy1974 View Post

Regarding the lightheadedness - make sure you are getting your salt.

Regarding the 1 pound loss. Any loss is a loss. Some weeks you are not going to have as much loss as other weeks. Kind of the body's way of "equalizing things out". I don't how long you have been on IP and what your losses are for last week, but both of those are things to keep in mind.

I know when I have a larger loss, like 3-5 lbs, the next week is smaller. I have accepted that and now I don't worry about it. Also, how many inches did you lose when you l lost the 1 pound. Sometimes you will lose more inches on weeks with lower weight.

Many people have said this to me, and I have to remind myself, that we have to use other measures of our success instead of the scale. Such as: Was I 100% OP all week; did I get my water in each day; what NSV's did I have this week (like now I am in a size 14 instead of a size 16);

Keep up the good work.
Closed Thread