Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #31  
Fat Kimmie

S/C/G: 197.5/189/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybride2be View Post
Good morning !

No snow here yet, but the government is closed anyway.
Ha ha - VA? DC? VACO? Government should not be closed today. But wait - they are always closed even when they are open. LOL.

Amazing to me how easily they close for snow, yet how difficult a time they give us out in the field when we have a bonafied snow emergency.

Stay safe everyone. We've had unusually mild weather for N. AZ winter. Usually we get our fair share of snow & ice. But this year it's been pretty dry, up in the 50s & 60s every day, going down to 20s at night. Not complaining at all, especially since I had cattle calving, and am expecting ewes to be lambing soon. I'll take the better weather for sure. So much easier on the babies.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:06 AM   #32  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Well ladies the 12s are getting loose. Gonna try on those 10s in the closet later today.

Right now my honey is disconnecting our old washer and dryer and our new ones will be delivered today. Who hoo . No more running the dryer for hours to get the clothes dry

After I finish my coffee I'm going to clean the kitchen. It's time to clean out cabinets and lay down new contact paper etc. My FIL will be here later to wait with me for the delivery. I just feel more comfortable having someone in the house with me when strangers are here. Plus he can hook everything up for me and he gets a meal out of it.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:12 AM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny View Post
1. I think I may be using too much olive oil. I add it to my lunchtime salad dressing (2 tsp) but then I'll also toss some with my veggies in the evening to roast them. Does any of the oil "cook off" or am I being bad?

2. I've been fighting a bit of a virus since Saturday (bad sore throat/ears, kind of stuffed up). This seems to be going on longer than my usual ailments. At 900-ish calories a day does my body have the energy it needs to fight the germs? Does anyone go off plan a little during sickness?

3. I keep getting little heart flutters - maybe three or four times a day. No pain or anything startling. Just little flutters. Anyone else get that? This is not my first time trying a low carb diet so I doubt ketosis is the cause (like many here, I've tried just about everything!), but it is the first time I've had so few calories a day. Any suggestions?

Thanks, all. I cannot believe the success I've had so far - 8 pounds in two weeks, which is amazing for me and quadruple my normal rate of weight loss. Would love to keep going with this program, so I'm grateful for any suggestions/solutions anyone can offer.
1. It doesn't really cook off but is left in the pan (and in the salad bowl). You're probably fine, unless you quit losing. Its the carbs that'll slow us down. To be safe, I'd recommend reducing the amount on the salad a little and also the amount on the veggies. I use an oil spritzer. It seems to help use less.
2. This virus is particularly nasty. I'm hearing all kinds of people complain about it. The good thing about IP: Viruses feed on sugars. We aren't feeding the virus. Drink more hot liquids as they help with symptom relief. I also gargled with salt water and made chicken/veggie soup.
3. Talk to your doctor

Quote:
So, yesterday, I totally spaced out and ate 4 packets, thinking I only had 2. It was three unrestricted and one restricted. Would that knock me out of ketosis?
Eating too many carbs is what knocks us out of ketosis. Making a small mistake when we're learning a new eating plan (such as eating an extra packet) isn't going to hurt a time or two. You're fine. Just stay on plan today.
It might help to write down what you are eating.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-21-2014 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:19 AM   #34  
Started IP 1/19/2014

S/C/G: 173.6/162.8/130

Height: 5'8

how do you know how much 2 cups asparagus is? thinking about roasting some
Old 01-21-2014, 11:35 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Well ladies the 12s are getting loose. Gonna try on those 10s in the closet later today.

Right now my honey is disconnecting our old washer and dryer and our new ones will be delivered today. Who hoo . No more running the dryer for hours to get the clothes dry

After I finish my coffee I'm going to clean the kitchen. It's time to clean out cabinets and lay down new contact paper etc. My FIL will be here later to wait with me for the delivery. I just feel more comfortable having someone in the house with me when strangers are here. Plus he can hook everything up for me and he gets a meal out of it.
I am laughing because I spent the morning trying on pants! That may not be significant in most cases, but I have not worn jeans in over 20 years. With my weight and figure, jeans just did not make me happy.

So, BIG NSV because the pair of black jeans size 18 fit just fine today! I did spent a lot of time in the mirror trying to see if I could deal with the person I saw there since I am not used to the image.

Our daughter, who started me on IP, is coming over next week, so I will wear them when she is here and get her opinion. She has a pretty good eye on fashion and what is flattering. She lost 80 pounds on IP, her husband 88.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:47 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

I think i'm going to eat everything in my fridge and cabinets, and then it every fast food line. I can't find my wedding video. I think it got erased or idk, but its no where to be found. I am currently inconsolable.... I'll be sure to keep drinking water so i don't dehydrate from crying.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:00 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I think i'm going to eat everything in my fridge and cabinets, and then it every fast food line. I can't find my wedding video. I think it got erased or idk, but its no where to be found. I am currently inconsolable.... I'll be sure to keep drinking water so i don't dehydrate from crying.
Eating will just make you feel worse in the end. Breathe and maybe ask DH to help you...maybe you're overlooking it.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:04 PM   #38  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Take some deep breaths. I thought I'd lost our wedding video once - it was in the DVD player, why didn't I think to look there before I tore the house apart? Once you find it, make a back up copy and keep it someplace safe.

Crossing fingers and toes that you find it and sending good vibes your way!
Old 01-21-2014, 12:04 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Wedding video

Quote:
That must be a horrible feeling but give it some time and thought and maybe you will get some ideas as to where it might be. When you are tense or upset, it is hard for the mind to work in its natural way. (Does anyone else have a copy?)

AND the only thing worse than possibly losing the video is the feeling you will have after you eat everything in the fridge, cabinet, and fast food place. I am not talking just physically, I mean emotionally when you face up to what you did.

Maybe you can do something to treat yourself in another fashion - manicure, long bath with lots of bubbles, long drive?
Old 01-21-2014, 12:27 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

I guess the worst part is, I don't have video of the ceremony, my MOH didn't turn on the camera and I found out during the reception. So I only have a few hours of the reception, and if thats gone too.... well i don't want to think about it. Thanks all, I am feeling better.... kind of. I stayed away from the fridge haha.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:45 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
That's terrific!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I am laughing because I spent the morning trying on pants! That may not be significant in most cases, but I have not worn jeans in over 20 years. With my weight and figure, jeans just did not make me happy.

So, BIG NSV because the pair of black jeans size 18 fit just fine today! I did spent a lot of time in the mirror trying to see if I could deal with the person I saw there since I am not used to the image.

Our daughter, who started me on IP, is coming over next week, so I will wear them when she is here and get her opinion. She has a pretty good eye on fashion and what is flattering. She lost 80 pounds on IP, her husband 88.
Fantastic!! and that's incredible about your daughter and her husband!!

Hi to everyone - on Day 6 and doing OK. Struggling with cough/cold since Friday. Hoping to feel better soon!

Hope you all have a great day!!
Old 01-21-2014, 12:49 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

skinnybride2be, i'm so sorry to hear that! I'm sure it'll turn up! I'm sure there were plenty of pictures captured, have you put any time on gathering pictures from family and friends and making an album?

Has anyone ever noticed their appetite growing after they eat an occasional veggie? I have started noticing the day after I eat tomatoes or brussel sprouts, I want to eat everything in sight! I woke up to a growling tummy this AM
I hate that feeling. I'm guessing it has to do with the sugars and carbs in tomatoes and brussels.

Last edited by ems70508; 01-21-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefnrod View Post
how do you know how much 2 cups asparagus is? thinking about roasting some
I'd probably solve the problem one of two ways: cut the asparagus so it fits into my 2 c. pyrex measuring cup or guesstimate.

Quote:
I'm sorry you're having such a difficulty.
However, if we have a problem and then we eat over it, then we have 2 problems.
The only problem eating solves is hunger (true hunger).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Has anyone ever noticed their appetite growing after they eat an occasional veggie? I have started noticing the day after I eat tomatoes or brussel sprouts, I want to eat everything in sight! I woke up to a growling tummy this AM
I hate that feeling. I'm guessing it has to do with the sugars and carbs in tomatoes and brussels.
I get that problem from Quest Bars & other restricted cravings. Haven't noticed it from occasional veggies but I really only eat them very occasionally (when we're "out" and there isn't another choice). I think it is the thing I miss most from going back on P1...having to limit veggie amounts and types of veggies. (weird, huh...not all the carby foods most people think they miss)
Old 01-21-2014, 01:07 PM   #44  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
0ojoyo0: Are the kelp noodles similar to Miracle Noodles? I've seen them before but never tried them.

I prefer them over Miracle Noodles (just can't deal with the texture) They're not 0-0-0, like Miracle Noodles, so not free, but one 12 oz package has 18 calories and 0 net carbs. To me, it seems like it should be unlimited like lettuce, but I'm not a coach They're flavorless like Miracle Noodles, but they definitely have a different consistency... They're more crunchy and don't really soften up unless in chicken broth or spaghetti sauce. They make a great substitute for rice noodles in Asian dishes. The cheapest price I found online is $3.09/ package on Netrition.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #45  
Started IP 1/19/2014

S/C/G: 173.6/162.8/130

Height: 5'8

I do not like cauliflower.This recipes sounds good does anyone know if you can taste it.

Shared by another wonderful clinic "The best Ideal Protein dessert...EVER!"

Shred a head of cauliflower (I use my Ninja or food processor), add some of the shreds to boiling water and sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg to the pot with a little vanilla extract. Let cook for 3-4 minutes, let cool (a wee bit) and pour mixture into your food-pro and blend.

Top with more cinnamon and Walden Farms Caramel sauce.
It's kinda like a warm bowl of oatmeal with caramel--and when you've lived on IP, that's AWESOME!

(Save the remaining shredded "cauliflower rice" for tomorrow's dinner)
Closed Thread