Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 12:46 PM   #361  

Height: 5'4"

My problem is a little cheat today, becomes another little cheat tomorrow
and pretty soon I have been off plan for a week....The ability to get right back on plan is tricky.....I agree occasional cheat meal is ok-cheat week not ok!
Old 02-18-2014, 01:13 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Default I wish there was a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckaren4 View Post
My problem is a little cheat today, becomes another little cheat tomorrow
and pretty soon I have been off plan for a week....The ability to get right back on plan is tricky.....I agree occasional cheat meal is ok-cheat week not ok!
I so agree.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:07 PM   #363  

I think cheat meals/days, etc. can be helpful in the longrun for your mental state. In other words, regardless of how you put IP in perspective (changing your lifestyle, creating fun things to eat, etc) there is no doubt that it is restrictive and you must stick with the plan. long term deprivation or new lifestyle etc can be hard to sustain. I am all for taking time to care for yourself along this journey and if that means taking a day/meal to celebrate your success and a special occasion, ENJOY!
Old 02-18-2014, 02:33 PM   #364  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

I actually have found that cheating is not a problem. For instance, we are going to see a show and stay overnight in Chicago next week. I have reservations at a nice restaurant and was reviewing the menu. I found that the items that most appealed to me were the ones that are on plan. I was actually planning on having whatever I felt like, but what I feel like is IP compliant. I think if you give IP every effort your tastes do change.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #365  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

I think the downside of being black and white 100% is that you set yourself up for feeling like a failure if you do have a slip - whether it be planned or unintentional. I think the black and white mentality can lead to thoughts like, "Gee, I've really blown this day by licking my kid's ice cream cone, so I might as well have pizza and beer for dinner."

If you allow yourself to consider the occasional slip as OK, you can view that same situation as, "Hmm, I wish I hadn't done that, but I know that there is a little bit of wiggle room in my day. As long as I stick to the straight and narrow I should be all right."
Old 02-18-2014, 11:17 PM   #366  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny View Post
I think the downside of being black and white 100% is that you set yourself up for feeling like a failure if you do have a slip - whether it be planned or unintentional. I think the black and white mentality can lead to thoughts like, "Gee, I've really blown this day by licking my kid's ice cream cone, so I might as well have pizza and beer for dinner."

If you allow yourself to consider the occasional slip as OK, you can view that same situation as, "Hmm, I wish I hadn't done that, but I know that there is a little bit of wiggle room in my day. As long as I stick to the straight and narrow I should be all right."
bump
Old 02-19-2014, 09:31 AM   #367  

S/C/G: 187.7/158.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Quote:

I like the way you think. I just need to retrain myself to think the same way. I am about 11 days in, pretty much slip free, but I fear that if I do allow myself a little wiggle room on special occasion, I will go down the slippery slope.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:39 PM   #368  

Quote:

I so agree with you! While it is a slippery slope to cheat-we are not perfect and reality gets in the way and its nice to have a place we can share our struggles without feeling like we have failed. I prefer to lose at a slower pace and stick with the plan 90% of the time than to give up because I am not doing the plan 100% even though I do have a goal of being 100% on plan most of the time! The main goal for me is to be losing weight and working towards good health! I am so glad I found IP and this forum! It has changed my life!
Old 02-19-2014, 11:18 PM   #369  

S/C/G: 199/199/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliExpat View Post
So *&^% happens, we forget, life gets in the way and sometimes we just want to. For whatever reason we taste a morsel that's not OP...we do. We're human and imperfect and that's ok. Some weeks we are on point some weeks we're not. Life isn't linear just like weight loss isn't either. So here's to the 90%, the B students, the Jr. Varsity team!

You're still on your journey, your road just isn't smooth...it has a few potholes.

------------------------

We're are just about to reach the 500 post mark so I've started a new thread. Here's the link to Vol. 1: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...olume-1-a.html

Keep plugging away Lovelies!!!!
Thank you so much for saying this. I came here tonight looking for a little inspiration/motivation. This week the I just want to got in the way. I feel like I have been deprived of chocolate so long I got into my sons valentines day candy. I am super upset with myself but have hope that tomorrow is a new day. Chocolate is my constant pothole and will be forever. I just need to keep it in check. However on the bright side, I think that it almost was the motivation or cheat I needed to say to myself okay last 10 pounds here we go! Again thank you for these words. These are the words of a lot of our journiea on ideal protein.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:14 PM   #370  

S/C/G: 236/236/170

Height: 5'9"

I have been on the plan for 31 day today without any slip ups that is until today. I ate a bunch of tortilla chips. (handful). I went straight to them after having words with my daughter. I'm pretty sure that is emotional eating. My question is will I go out of ketosis and if so how long until I get back in?
Old 02-20-2014, 09:21 PM   #371  

Height: 5 '6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceyhay View Post
I have been on the plan for 31 day today without any slip ups that is until today. I ate a bunch of tortilla chips. (handful). I went straight to them after having words with my daughter. I'm pretty sure that is emotional eating. My question is will I go out of ketosis and if so how long until I get back in?
If you ate enough to go out of ketosis it should take about three days to get back in ketosis. (I think!)
Old 02-25-2014, 01:46 PM   #372  

I ate some thin mint girl scout cookies last night!
It wasn't worth it! Don't do it!
Starting over again!!
Old 02-25-2014, 01:53 PM   #373  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckaren4 View Post
I ate some thin mint girl scout cookies last night!
It wasn't worth it! Don't do it!
Starting over again!!
I feel the same way! I had a few of those evil cadbury mini eggs and a couple of croutons yesterday (wth.. of all things to eat… ridiculous!) Could have been much worse and the 'cheat' was minimal, but it feels so much better to just stick to the plan. Hope today isn't too rough on you.

Last edited by djs06; 02-25-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:59 PM   #374  
IP started 12/17/2013

S/C/G: 195/163/155

Default planning ahead really helps

I had special event this past weekend and I planned it out in advance with my coach. I knew in advance that there would be roast beef as main dish, unknown sides, unknown desert and bottle of wine on the table. She allowed me to have one 4oz glass of wine.

I knew the beef would be OP and figured the vegies would be ok (turned out to be green beans). But salad had sweet dressing (yuck) and stayed away from the carrot cake. I didn't like the wine so thankfully that was non-issue.
I did have some coconut rum but just a little, maybe 2 oz.

AND I lost at yesterday's WI. Yippy
Old 02-25-2014, 03:04 PM   #375  

S/C/G: 236.5/224/160

Height: 5'

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I've been reading you for the past week, as I discovered the "3 fat chics" while 'googling' info on IP...

I started Ideal Protein last Tuesday (going for my first weigh-in tonight).

Anyhow, just wanted to say that I am glad to have this forum as well as this thread, as today is a VERY hard day!! I understand the concept of ketosis and how the cravings get tammed... but today, my body wants CARBS!!! I even told my co-worker to quickly eat his muffin before I kill him for it this morning!! lol

It's good to know everyone hits a bump here and there... now hopefully I will be able to resist cheating today and tomorrow will be better...

Thank you for sharing.
Closed Thread