Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 07:40 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

yesterday was hard but I am going to get myself flying right today! Considering yesterday I effed up royally. Ds had earned some $$$ for good grades and the praise from his teacher at conferences was off the charts, so dh gave him some $$$. Well lastnight he treated us to Ice Cream at McDs. I told him that was sweet but I would like to pass, he got a sad face and was hurt. So yes I had an ice cream cone because he was treating and he had this roud look on his face, he even handed the cashier the $$ and told her "I am buying my family ice cream tonight"

That sweet gesture gained me 2.2 lbs, so I need to be good!

AND the EAS shakes I bought are the lean muscle ones NOT the low carb **DOH**

Last edited by sarahBell; 12-09-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Aww, Sarah, that is so cute. I would have had a lot of trouble saying no also. Today is a new day!

Well, I had to restart yesterday.. again. I started last Sunday and got through the day, but the next day (my luck, lol) I came down with a horrible stomach flu and it literally took me until Saturday to feel normal again. I couldn't even look at my protein foods or meat without feeling queasy until then. Good news is I still lost weight and it stayed off (ha) and I lost even more on day 1! And I'm not really that hungry for my first few days because I got used to eating almost nothing (albeit all carbs like rice, etc).
Old 12-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

First time posting in this thread, so hello to everyone. I'm scared and a bit nervous for my WI tomorrow since over the weekend I really feel like I "blew it". We were at two different gatherings this weekend. An overnight party at a friends house where they had all sorts of junk. I managed not to eat any cookies, cake, pasta, chips, or any food that wasn't on plan, but I totally snafu'ed since I kept drinking coffee and not thinking too much about the 1 oz half and half I was adding (even measured it out each time) until I realized I probably had about 6oz of half and half on Saturday.. which means I also had 6 splenda that day too..

Hope it doesn't negatively impact me TOO much..I am so close to my first goal, and I feel like I could kick myself..
Old 12-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 250HW/216.4IP/192.6/160

Height: 5'7"

oh man i had a rough week. I have awful PMS and today TOM showed up. And, as usual, the minute it actually gets here, I feel better. But all week I was HUNGRY. I mean HUNGRY. I had something extra every day... a couple oz of meat, a cup of veg, a supplement, etc. And I doubt I'm down at all.

I am realizing that every single plan I go on, I quit in week 3. And it's all related to my cycle. The first week was fine, and the closer it got to my period the hungrier I got. I'm not sure if I should just plan that one week a month I eat an extra supplement and try not to gain instead of try to lose, or what. I'm proud of myself for not bingeing on whatever carbs I can get my hands on, but I mean I have been MISERABLE this week. WI tmw am.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #245  

today was bad. I just craved sugar and it SUCKS
Old 12-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #246  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
today was bad. I just craved sugar and it SUCKS
Do you know if you're in ketosis?
Old 12-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #247  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
Do you know if you're in ketosis?
heck no. I blew that clean out of the water yesterday!
Old 12-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #248  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Gotcha. Do you have cravings when you're in ketosis? I usually don't, which tends to motivate me to get back on track. I sympathize with you for sure. I was in your shoes last week...see my signature (huge gain). I'm routing for you!
Old 12-10-2013, 09:39 AM   #249  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi 90%ers!!!

I've been 100% for the past month but this past weekend I had a wicked craving for RICE of all things. I made some spanish rice for DH and last night I had a small serving (half a cup) with my chicken and broccoli. Oh I felt so good! I felt satisfied and full and it was the best darn rice I've had in a long time. Today, craving is gone, tummy is fine and I can concentrate on eating correctly.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

I'm happy a very hard time staying OP. it's a state of mind and I can't seem to get back to where I need to be. I'm 15 pounds from goal. If I just stopped sabotaging myself I'd be there in 1 month. It's been all downhill since Thanksgiving. I'll have a couple of good days then go off track. I know some of it was from PMS and TOM. But I really need to buckle down now. A part of me just wants to quit but I had committed myself to doing this until the end of the year. That's just three weeks away. If I stopped this madness I could be 10 pounds lighter by then and 5 pounds from goal. Why oh why? Someone please knock some sense into me please.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #251  

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantanewme View Post
I'm happy a very hard time staying OP. it's a state of mind and I can't seem to get back to where I need to be. I'm 15 pounds from goal. If I just stopped sabotaging myself I'd be there in 1 month. It's been all downhill since Thanksgiving. I'll have a couple of good days then go off track. I know some of it was from PMS and TOM. But I really need to buckle down now. A part of me just wants to quit but I had committed myself to doing this until the end of the year. That's just three weeks away. If I stopped this madness I could be 10 pounds lighter by then and 5 pounds from goal. Why oh why? Someone please knock some sense into me please.
that is so cool being so close to goal I can't preach about keep OP, because I am struggling with it myself. SO I will give you a big HUG and tell you I know exactly how you feel. I want to be so close to goal by Feb. our annv. is then and I want to look smoking hot so DH will take me out to dinner sans the kids (it will be 100F in Feb before that happens though) so I am right there with you!
Old 12-11-2013, 06:05 AM   #252  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Hi All, I haven't been posting very much lately, have been struggling with staying OP a lot..( One thing I am learning is my tummy really likes low carb.. I have IBS and when I was doing IP and following it exactly I felt great, I have had a few off days now and feeling awful... I am going to see a dietician too but my body loves low carb as challenging as it can be sometimes..

I am going to REALLY try to stay 90 percent from now until the new year (have a trip with family planned to Punta Canta for Christmas) and keep refocused for a strong finish in the new year

That is my plan anyway, what is your plan ladies (and gents)..? Lets share and make us all accountable..
Old 12-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
that is so cool being so close to goal I can't preach about keep OP, because I am struggling with it myself. SO I will give you a big HUG and tell you I know exactly how you feel. I want to be so close to goal by Feb. our annv. is then and I want to look smoking hot so DH will take me out to dinner sans the kids (it will be 100F in Feb before that happens though) so I am right there with you!
Thank you SO much! I really needed that.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default I am a beginner, again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarington45 View Post
Hi All, I haven't been posting very much lately, have been struggling with staying OP a lot..( One thing I am learning is my tummy really likes low carb.. I have IBS and when I was doing IP and following it exactly I felt great, I have had a few off days now and feeling awful... I am going to see a dietician too but my body loves low carb as challenging as it can be sometimes..

I am going to REALLY try to stay 90 percent from now until the new year (have a trip with family planned to Punta Canta for Christmas) and keep refocused for a strong finish in the new year

That is my plan anyway, what is your plan ladies (and gents)..? Lets share and make us all accountable..
I, too, worry about the holidays ahead. Planning creatively is certainly part of the program, but for me I have decided to go back to the hard and fast basics as completely as I can. My hope is that this will shoot my weight down a bit faster and that will provide me incentive to keep going through the holidays as best I can.

I am afraid that if I start making small adjustments, thinking 'well, this is not big, it will be OK' that I may really start slipping. So, more vigilant, better planning and focused. I have an anniversary at the end of January and I want to be at the same weight I was when I got married.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #255  

Default Well today sucked

I need to get to the store and did not do it today , the veggie drawer is on fumes and all my frozen just in cases are gone!!!!

I don't have enough veggies for 1c. I swear LOL. WIth my family it is hit or miss with produce- I buy a lot and only I end up eating it and when I scale back everyone eats it in less than a week! it can be so hard to plan anything around here!
Closed Thread