Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2014, 08:41 PM   #316  
knm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 329

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Default

I have a wedding this weekend. I plan to drink. Planning to stick to vodka waters, not that that's okay, but better than a pina colada! I just need to learn to control my food intake when I get a couple drinks in me!
knm is offline  
Old 02-10-2014, 08:42 PM   #317  
IP start date 8/1/2013
 
nolasmurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Orleans,La
Posts: 669

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower40 View Post
I feel I can post here again because this weekend I haven't been 100%. I am disappointed in myslef for slipping, even today I slipped and had something I should not have. I'm not going to let this derail my efforts though. I think when I don't see the scale move after having a great week I get disappointed and say screw it. It's very disheartening to not see your hard work pay off. Excuses I know. But I'm back to being 100% tomorrow and hoping I did not do too much damage by Saturday. I admire those who have remained 100% for so long.
I admire them as well. They have worked very hard. Get back up on the horse. Don't let the slip ups continue and you'll be fine
nolasmurf is offline  
Old 02-10-2014, 10:16 PM   #318  
Senior Member
 
stephascope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Calgary
Posts: 578

Height: 5'2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Thank you, nolasmurf. I am glad that you have done so well and that you are happy - that is ultimately all we want?

I am still behind you regardless of what different journeys we each take.
Well said.
stephascope is offline  
Old 02-10-2014, 11:12 PM   #319  
Started IP 1/18/12
 
Hockeymom40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 276

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
No no not trinny! Don't you dare think that you caused anything! You are right this is the spot to ask those types of questions. I was more bothered by the fact that it got carried over to the daily thread.
I agree, to cut and paste to the daily thread was not right. My coach is working with me to keep me losing while still "cheating". If you can achieve your goal for weight loss whatever way that works for you is all at matters. It's not always a slippery slope. I've had drinks and got right backon the program. Sure I could be done by now, but I'm okay with doing it my way.
Hockeymom40 is offline  
Old 02-10-2014, 11:29 PM   #320  
Senior Member
 
Slipfree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 2,215

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Default

To me, this conflict is ridiculous. We are all on a personal journey. Does not matter if you are 90% or 100%, we all need to be respectful of the individual's journey. These threads are meant to support, not tear down.
Slipfree is offline  
Old 02-11-2014, 09:09 PM   #321  
Member
 
IPMaryD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 34

S/C/G: 225/208/170

Height: 5'9"

Default

Nola, Thanks for your post! I respect you and your honesty. Thanks for being here ladies!
IPMaryD is offline  
Old 02-11-2014, 09:59 PM   #322  
Senior Member
 
patns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 2,795

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milli55 View Post
Ok the same issue arose last fall with 100%ers getting upset with 90%ers posts. It got down to name calling and disrespect. My question is this? Why would a 100%er even come on this post? This is exactly why I quit coming here at all! Same stuff different day.

Yes this goes on constantly. I have been coming here for several years. At one time the biggest uproar was over if people were actually 100% if they were using alternatives instead of IP products. The title of each thread is very clear so there should be no reason for people carrying comments from the 100% thread or this thread to other threads. If people know a particular thread does not support what they are doing and will make them annoyed there is no reason why they should read it.
patns is offline  
Old 02-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #323  
Senior Member
 
Sunflower40's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: canada
Posts: 575

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Yes this goes on constantly. I have been coming here for several years. At one time the biggest uproar was over if people were actually 100% if they were using alternatives instead of IP products. The title of each thread is very clear so there should be no reason for people carrying comments from the 100% thread or this thread to other threads. If people know a particular thread does not support what they are doing and will make them annoyed there is no reason why they should read it.
like
Sunflower40 is offline  
Old 02-12-2014, 04:08 PM   #324  
Junior Member
 
siusaidh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11

Default

Interesting experience yesterday. Typically I use Quest bars as an alternative to IP bars or when I need some variety. Yesterday, I bought some Atkins bars and thought it might be another reasonable alternative. To my great surprise and pleasure, I thought they were too sweet. Never in my life have I thought anything was TOO sweet. Ever. This gives me some hope that post-IP, I'll be able to have at least some control over the sweet cravings because (at least for now) my tastes seem to have changed. yay!
siusaidh is offline  
Old 02-12-2014, 04:40 PM   #325  
Senior Member
 
sarahBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Land of 10,000 + lakes
Posts: 924

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

I have had a rough week. Last week I was retaining water like a sponge from Wed. last week until well today. I felt bloated and just ARGH!

I am doing better today. I have counter balanced the water retention with tons of water all week. My eating has not been up to snuff, but I am working on it. I am just burned out plain and simple. This winter has gone on long enough (since Mid. oct) and I am ready for some SUNSHINE and fresh air! Being cooped up makes me want to graze mindlessly during the day.

So I am a 90%er and I am working hard to be 100% but that is not happening so far
sarahBell is offline  
Old 02-12-2014, 11:25 PM   #326  
Senior Member
 
ChaloJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 166

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Default

[QUOTE=sarahBell;4942457]
So I am a 90%er and I am working hard to be 100% but that is not happening so far [/QUOT

I am working toward 100%, too, but having a hard time getting better than 90%. However, I am so glad to have found this thread because it is my home! I have never felt like posting on the 100% thread, as I am just to much of a rebel to follow the rules completely strictly. I can't wait to go back to the beginning of this thread and read it through!
ChaloJ is offline  
Old 02-13-2014, 07:24 AM   #327  
Senior Member
 
sarahBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Land of 10,000 + lakes
Posts: 924

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

[QUOTE=ChaloJ;4942694]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
So I am a 90%er and I am working hard to be 100% but that is not happening so far [/QUOT

I am working toward 100%, too, but having a hard time getting better than 90%. However, I am so glad to have found this thread because it is my home! I have never felt like posting on the 100% thread, as I am just to much of a rebel to follow the rules completely strictly. I can't wait to go back to the beginning of this thread and read it through!
I have managed to be 100% quiet a few times but I just cannot walk that line for some reason. This thread is like a confessional for so many of us, we can post without being judged, scolded or intimidated OR felt like we are failures.

I take this day by day and hope for the best is all I can do. Also congrats on your loss by the way

Last edited by sarahBell; 02-13-2014 at 07:26 AM.
sarahBell is offline  
Old 02-13-2014, 07:39 AM   #328  
maintaining since 9/2013
 
mars735's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 1,958

Default

[QUOTE=sarahBell;4942809]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaloJ View Post

I have managed to be 100% quiet a few times but I just cannot walk that line for some reason. This thread is like a confessional for so many of us, we can post without being judged, scolded or intimidated OR felt like we are failures.

I take this day by day and hope for the best is all I can do. Also congrats on your loss by the way
That sounds more realistic and more sustainable in the long run, imho. 100% is a brittle tightrope walk. When I am 100%, I eventually snap. IP will work fine at 90%. Not sure about 89% tho
mars735 is offline  
Old 02-13-2014, 08:48 AM   #329  
Senior Member
 
stephascope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Calgary
Posts: 578

Height: 5'2

Default

I was 100% until Christmas besides one planned "cheat" night for my work Christmas party on November 30. I have been struggling to get back to 100% since Christmas/NYE. I've had a few bad days that remind me of my old habits. Despite these few slip ups, I've managed to still lose another 10 lbs since Dec 20. I have another "cheat" night planned for Saturday - DH and I are out of town for a night for a concert and I would like to indulge in a couple drinks and a hearty breakfast the next day. After that I am back on the 100% bus until go to Vegas in mid March for a work trip. There are certain events in life that I know I need a little break from IP to keep my sanity. I'm aware that it will take me longer to get to my goal but I'm okay with that. I will get there this time and now I know that I am able to get back on plan pretty easily which will be helpful in maintenance.

90% OP with IP is a **** of a lot better than 0%!
stephascope is offline  
Old 02-13-2014, 11:10 AM   #330  
Senior Member
 
sarahBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Land of 10,000 + lakes
Posts: 924

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
I was 100% until Christmas besides one planned "cheat" night for my work Christmas party on November 30. I have been struggling to get back to 100% since Christmas/NYE. I've had a few bad days that remind me of my old habits. Despite these few slip ups, I've managed to still lose another 10 lbs since Dec 20. I have another "cheat" night planned for Saturday - DH and I are out of town for a night for a concert and I would like to indulge in a couple drinks and a hearty breakfast the next day. After that I am back on the 100% bus until go to Vegas in mid March for a work trip. There are certain events in life that I know I need a little break from IP to keep my sanity. I'm aware that it will take me longer to get to my goal but I'm okay with that. I will get there this time and now I know that I am able to get back on plan pretty easily which will be helpful in maintenance.

90% OP with IP is a **** of a lot better than 0%!
Congrats on the 10lb loss!!!
As a human I have weaknesses that are hard to over come. for me it is SUGAR lord lord that stuff is my kryptonite. BUT I am doing Ok. Could I have lost more than what I have- Yes, could I have pushed through the cravings -YES. Did I? NO why because I am human and not perfect.

Amen to 90% is better than 0!
sarahBell is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Home of the 90% (Occasional Slip-up Zone) Volume 1 AliExpat Ideal Protein Diet 499 01-31-2017 01:10 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.