Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #31  

Hi Everyone! Hope you are having a good IP day! I'm so encouraged to see all the good posts today!

I had to get a haircut yesterday because I am losing so much hair and my hair was looking a little "off". My hairdresser said that I probably would need to get bangs to even things out in the front since I had so many fuzzies on my hairline, so I reluctantly agreed.

UGH. I haven't had bangs since high school (when I totally hairsprayed the crap out of them and had the big bubble- anyone remember that?). Anyway, I hate how it looks (my own fault I know- I'm not complaining about the cut- she did a great job!), I work in a sort of creative field and this cut looks really conservative. Going to have to do some work to figure out how to make it work. Maybe I'll just go full-hipster.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #32  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooshie76 View Post
I have a silly question... Is there a way to make veggie chips that are crispy like potato chips? I keep trying with spinach, rutabaga and zucchini but they're always sort of doggy and indelible. I want to make some for some parties coming up so I have something on program to snack on.
Hi everybody,

Hope you're all having a great Wednesday, and I really hope that this forum would stay the positive place we all know no matter how different the opinions are.

I was wondering about veggie chips as well, other than zuchinis and kale that I did already in my oven, I would like to try to do more veggie chips, does any of you have a dehydrator that is successfully used for this purpose? I am thinking about getting myself one as a Christmas present maybe, but I don't want to have one to just put it in the corner, if it works for veggies getting them crisp, I would like to buy one. Please let me know, and if possible tell me for how long you put them in the dehydrator on what intensity, etc.

Thank you everyone.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #33  
support, not criticism

S/C/G: 219/187.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone,

I'm still feeling tired although I got more sleep last night. Planned out my food today as yesterday's dinner was a bit crazy (but still OP) - can't wait until my dh gets back from his trip. It's so much more relaxing at dinner time as he gets home first and starts prepping for dinner.

This morning I had a good laugh. I mixed up a protein drink from this jug of powder I've had for a while. I must have mixed it wrong, not added enough water or something but it was pretty chalky at the end. I drank the last of it and said "bleh, that was chalky."

My 6 year old immediately piped up and said, "mom, you're not supposed to eat chalk, you're a grown up, you should know that!"

Have a good day everyone!
Old 09-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
Ive been doing P2 since last Friday. I was told we could still lose on P2 but at a slower pace. So far, I am the exact same as last week. I am following P2 exactly, no modifications....any ideas??
Yup! You are probably losing at a slower pace. A loss may not register weekly anymore. Congrats for getting to this point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo70 View Post
I am not doing IP anymore, but am still following posts occasionally and I just need to say that based on your posts, I hope you are not actively coaching. A good coach wants people to lose weight any way possible. Whether this is strictly doing IP or using a modified form of IP or any other diet. And a good coach does not need to threaten people. By contrast, many IP coaches care mostly about the cash cows coming into their office. I have yet to see the evidence that IP trains anybody in real coaching.
I can see precisely why an IP coach would respond in such a manner.

IP is what IP coaches are trained to do. They don't know how to manage/help when modifications are necessary, outside the IP "party line". They aren't trained in other options.

A good professional in the weight loss field would explore these types of options. This is not how IP coaches are trained. To give modifications would put them outside their realm of knowledge and open them up for potential liability.

Some coaches do have advanced training. Unfortunately, we see on these forums the opposite is occurring most of the time.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #35  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
I think it is quite disrespectful to call me an "issue" just because I have different opinions than most...there is an ignore option on this forum...I can be ignored rather than having my posts called ridiculous and an "issue". I am doing IP...and I'm losing weight just like everyone else...
It is also disrespectful to tell someone to ignore everything another person says.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #36  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! Happy Hump Day. Yesterday was super-busy (story of my life these days) with work and WI and making dinner, etc. and it sounds like I missed some drama. Eh. Today is another day - let's move forward and not look back.

Staying OP and boyfriend has decided to incorporate, unofficially aspects of P2 into his life so that he can lose some weight. While he has always been very supportive, it is nice to have someone alongside who is doing it more actively. Of course, however, he chooses to start as I am considering phasing off. Hahaha.

Anyhow ... happy Wednesday everyone.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Deana509 - Hang in there with IP and this site. It is well worth it. This comes from a newbie like you, so I feel we share some common ground.

I think almost everyone on here has good intent, and that is what you need to judge. We are all in this together to try to make our lives and our health better. For everyone to feel like a community supporting each other, it seems that people really, really need to want to do the program and then everything you need to succeed is provided.

You have done well and it is good that you are asking questions because that makes it more comfortable for you to proceed with the information you need to SUCCEED. That is why we are here, to succeed, together.

We laugh together, we sympathize a little together, we give shoulders to cry upon and yes, sometimes tough love pops through. Please consider the INTENT and not necessarily the written word or tone, all of which are hard to moderate in print. The intent is to help, support, advise, educate, and inspire and you will get all that from whatever people we happen to be.

Last edited by schenectady; 09-25-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:02 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning, IPers!

I have been freezing cold lately, especially at night and unable to get warm (it doesn't help that my husband and dogs are gone for the week so I have no one to put my cold feet on ). I had to sleep with socks on last night, which I HATE! But it seemed to work and I got a better nights sleep. I have also been having a lot of nightmares lately. I can see someone coming down the hall to get me and I can't move or scream or anything. Weird!

I am so glad to read this, because I had the same issue last night. I could not get warm under the covers for anything. I was just about to get up and grab a throw blanket in which to wrap myself. Our dog must have sensed that because last night she crawled up towards the top of the bed and snuggled alongside my back. Her normal spot is down at the bottom with my feet!

So, this morning I dragged out the electric blanket and put it on the bed, I cannot wait until tonight to get it all warmed up and jump in.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Reminder..

For sure looking at what has appeared in posts again this week reminded me to stay on the 100% thread.
After being off line most of the day yesterday, having what I hope is the last battery of tests, did most of the catch up reading this AM...

O-My-O-My..Last week was so pleasantly lulled into the prevailing forum sense of "we are all in this together" and the discussions of true struggles or questions for some members still learning IP so they can make it work. With those trying to help by responding with IP appropriate guidance last week, it read like we were really clearly an IP forum.

The daily cheat and confessional posts seem to be reappearing...and I wish that was done on the main 3FCs page. Yes there is a place for that. It can happen when anyone goes off of any formulated protocol. Hijacks and off plan adventures are not representative of anyone on IP..

Those posts are from someone on a diet... period. Not good..not bad...but not on IP.

The philosophy is missing, and that is key for the emotional/mental piece of this program. Although..on the good side, this is a great example for newbies of someone not having their head in the game, either by lack of commitment or choice, and only concerned with making their own noise. It allows a real up close look at what not being on plan looks like. Could actually be a real helpful up close illustration for someone trying to decide which side of the fence they are on.

Happy trails. If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there..." If you're on IP, the off road adventures are not part of the program.

There are lots of roads out there.... the one labeled IP is not a crooked one.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #40  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooshie76 View Post
I have a silly question... Is there a way to make veggie chips that are crispy like potato chips? I keep trying with spinach, rutabaga and zucchini but they're always sort of doggy and indelible. I want to make some for some parties coming up so I have something on program to snack on.
Try KALE chips...they crisp up nicely and you can season them anyway you want!
Old 09-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #41  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I am so glad to read this, because I had the same issue last night. I could not get warm under the covers for anything. I was just about to get up and grab a throw blanket in which to wrap myself. Our dog must have sensed that because last night she crawled up towards the top of the bed and snuggled alongside my back. Her normal spot is down at the bottom with my feet!

So, this morning I dragged out the electric blanket and put it on the bed, I cannot wait until tonight to get it all warmed up and jump in.
I have an electric blanket but I was too lazy to get up and get it. I just cuddled into a polar fleece blanket and went into the fetal position! lol
Old 09-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieV View Post
Try KALE chips...they crisp up nicely and you can season them anyway you want!
Also, make sure they are not cut too thick...they often "steam" themselves soft from their own juices instead of dry out when they are too thick in my experience! Actually when I do a batch...I test a few thicknesses to see what works best...they all have different water content I'm guessing which is why I think I usually need to play around a bit.

Last edited by 65X65; 09-25-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! Happy Hump Day. Yesterday was super-busy (story of my life these days) with work and WI and making dinner, etc. and it sounds like I missed some drama. Eh. Today is another day - let's move forward and not look back.

Staying OP and boyfriend has decided to incorporate, unofficially aspects of P2 into his life so that he can lose some weight. While he has always been very supportive, it is nice to have someone alongside who is doing it more actively. Of course, however, he chooses to start as I am considering phasing off. Hahaha.

Anyhow ... happy Wednesday everyone.
You'll make a great coach and cheerleader...and help him do it right!
Old 09-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #44  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
You'll make a great coach and cheerleader...and help him do it right!
Thanks 65x65! I made him Thai Flank Steak salad for dinner and Pumpkin Spice Zucchini Muffins (with IP pudding) for dessert. He was a happy guy
Old 09-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #45  

Height: 5'-8"

Okay, with the talk of cauliflower tortillas the past couple of days I caved and made cauliflower rice for dinner last night. I was never a big fan of cauliflower rice but after being on IP for 6 month and not having cauliflower rice in the mix; my OP dinner last night was AMAZING!!!
On the everyday I usually use cabbage for a base. Apparently cauliflower rice freezes nicely so I made extra and it is now in the freezer.
Closed Thread