Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #76  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBobber View Post
I am finding that in the last couple weeks I have been slacking on my vitamins and salads...

My coach said I could start exercising a few weeks ago (super excited).. what if any do you guys do? Have you found it slows your weight loss?
I rarely have salads and I am in week 25. I think my weight loss has been pretty good so far. I think the intent is for us to have lettuce every day, but I just can't.

I've been reading this forum every day for 25 weeks and I've seen numerous complaints about exercise slowing weight loss, especially cardio. I think 65x65 gave me some advice a while back about doing light toning exercises and doing short walks that don't elevate your heart rate.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #77  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
I am going to have to get my boyfriend (never know what DH means...?) on vitamins.

Ah, to consistently lose 4 pounds per week. I would be freaking ecstatic.
DH = darling (dear, damn ), husband
DS = same except son
DD = same except daughter

RE: 4 lbs/week. OMG had I lost 4/week, I would have hit goal in less than 30 weeks, which would have been end of Feb/beginning of march
I say be grateful for such wonderful average losses!
Old 09-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #78  
sugar is the devil

Quoting something from chat yesterday because I'm just now getting caught up (ahhh back to working the dreadful day shift)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf
Thanks Jo! I've never used them from a carton. I just always threw away the yolk. Yesterday my Honey took the garbage out and the bag was leaking yolk everywhere. It took me all day today to remember and figure that's what it had to be! I don't want to continue to waste the yolks.
I give my extra yolks to my dog! I also puree going-bad-I-don't-want-to-eat-it-but-still-somewhat-good-to-eat veggies and put them in ice cubes and into the freezer. I feed kibble in the morning and raw in the evening to my dog. So I like to take out a few cubes of puree broc, asparagus, or whatever and mix it with her raw food. I don't like wasting food as I don't like wasting money but it's going to my dog, yolk and all, so I feel good about being resourceful
Old 09-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #79  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurtyLady View Post
I am into my third week and have been loosing about 4 pounds a week ..... I see everyone else loosing much faster than I am. I am 100% true to the diet, drink lots of water and am very active. I know I shouldn't complain four pounds is better than nothing but still is there anything else I should be doing?
That's a great rate of loss - I haven't lost that much in a week ever, much less averaging 4 a week! Everyone is different. When I started I had preconceptions that I would be losing at least 4 lbs a week and was initially disappointed, until people on this board advised me that 2-3 lbs is more typical for most.

Even averaging 2-3 lbs a week, I'm still losing faster on IP than anything else I've done! It took me about 6 months to lose 15 pounds with a dietician who helped me plan balanced, portion-controlled meals earlier this year and I've lost almost that much in the last 6 weeks on IP!
Old 09-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #80  
sugar is the devil

I'm trying to increase my seafood palate (HATE the taste of seafood but I am finding some things I'm enjoying... mmm crab). I found some Mahi-Mahi Burgers at Costco and wondering what people thought of the nutritional value.

Ingredients:
Mahi-mahi, canola oil, salt, spices

I would have to eat 1 1/2 burgers to get the 30g of protein... the fat content is on the higher side but I don't know if the "can't eat if >30% fat" applies to a meat product (and not just the packets). Thoughts?
Old 09-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #81  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Have you had your thyroid checked?
Low carb is notoriously hard on thyroid. Some people rebound nicely but others (like myself) will struggle until more carbs are added again.
Anyway, I started IP last Aug.
By Oct I was FREEZING all the time.
Finally went to the Dr. in Dec & was dx hypothyroid.

There are probably other reasons you could be cold but be sure to check with your doctor & stay monitored while on IP.
I haven't but next time I'm in to see my doctor, I will check. Unfortunately, she is about 5 hours away from me so I don't go very often. I think it may just be the combination of cooler nights, no dogs cuddling on my feet at night, and still wearing flip flops and capris.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:53 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
Slow loser?? I am not sure who's stats you are looking at but 4 is a great average!!!! Good job!
That's for sure.. Initially I was around 2.5+#.... And then it dropped closer to 2#.
And as others have said...height and starting weight are big factors. Any week over 2 # was a stellar week for me!
Old 09-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #83  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 299/260/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Turnip fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooshie76 View Post
I'll try the jicama fries! I'm in love with turnip fries but was hoping to make a batch of wannabe potato chips ahead of time to bring to parties. I want the crispness.
I have been working on the crispness with turnip dries too. It helps.... 1. Put them on a baking rack rather then cookie sheet, this gets air all around them. 2 coconut oil rather than olive, higher burn point. 3. Crust with sea salt, garlic powder and other spices (I use cumin and cayenne). 4. Cook at 400 for 20 min, and then on broil for 5-10...

I cannot wait to try jicama, that sounds great. Jicama raw is good and I have been serving with mockmole and it is yummy.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
I'm trying to increase my seafood palate (HATE the taste of seafood but I am finding some things I'm enjoying... mmm crab). I found some Mahi-Mahi Burgers at Costco and wondering what people thought of the nutritional value.

Ingredients:
Mahi-mahi, canola oil, salt, spices

I would have to eat 1 1/2 burgers to get the 30g of protein... the fat content is on the higher side but I don't know if the "can't eat if >30% fat" applies to a meat product (and not just the packets). Thoughts?
You'd need to eat 8 oz to meet your dinner protein requirement.
Mahi-Mahi is on the approved list.
Unfortunately, the food processors have gone and added canola oil, which is not.

You decide. My thought is that anyone who has eaten in a restaurant has gotten some "hidden" ingredient they didn't know about.

Better would be just to buy Mahi Mahi (not the burgers).
The <30% fat is for choosing your alts to packets.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #85  
sugar is the devil

Quote:
Unfortunately, the food processors have gone and added canola oil, which is not.
I know - I wish they would have used olive oil instead... but that would have been a perfect world if that were the case! With conversion, I figured 8oz = 2 burgers.

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 09-25-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #86  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I've had those mahi mahi burgers. They're pretty good. I agree that I wish they were less fat, but as a once in a while thing, I think they are ok. I just wouldn't have one everyday. I treated them like Salmon, limited to once a week. I also counted 2 as 8 ounces. I sliced up jicama into thin round "tortillas" and served them with it. YUM!
Old 09-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125 r/b 136/136/125

Height: 5'2"

Wi today was a bit sad...not one ounce lost (not gained either!). Same weight as last week, but I did lose 2 inches. I guess that TOM isn't my friend on the weight loss journey I am so grateful that I have lost 20 pounds total since starting on August 5 & my official goal is 8 pounds away (I'd like to see lower which is why my tracker says something different). Why is it that we tend to be harder on ourselves when working toward a goal? My coach is awesome & was so positive about my progress & told me to "let go of the non- weight loss this week & to be happy about the positives."
Old 09-25-2013, 10:00 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkids View Post
Wi today was a bit sad...not one ounce lost (not gained either!). Same weight as last week, but I did lose 2 inches. I guess that TOM isn't my friend on the weight loss journey I am so grateful that I have lost 20 pounds total since starting on August 5 & my official goal is 8 pounds away (I'd like to see lower which is why my tracker says something different). Why is it that we tend to be harder on ourselves when working toward a goal? My coach is awesome & was so positive about my progress & told me to "let go of the non- weight loss this week & to be happy about the positives."
You lost! We measure in more ways than the scale. Inches count!
Congrats!
Old 09-25-2013, 11:45 PM   #89  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Oh dear, two days in a row I've had the Subway chopped salad with roast beef. Dressed up with my WF dressing it's mighty tasty. After they chop it up and put it in the bowl I ask for banana peppers and jalapeņos on the top. I eat banana peppers fairly often, but no jalapeņos. Boy is this a good salad. But on both days I've had the exact polar opposite of the Big C if you get my drift. I can only think it's the jalapeņos, my system just can't take them right now. Bummer because I love to eat this salad with tears running down my face and my nose running with a half gallon of water to help me wash it all down 😂😂😂

I guess me and jalapeņos are going to have to break up for a while, darn.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:00 AM   #90  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Have you had your thyroid checked?
Low carb is notoriously hard on thyroid. Some people rebound nicely but others (like myself) will struggle until more carbs are added again.
Anyway, I started IP last Aug.
By Oct I was FREEZING all the time.
Finally went to the Dr. in Dec & was dx hypothyroid.

There are probably other reasons you could be cold but be sure to check with your doctor & stay monitored while on IP.
I've been hypo since I was 15. Had no idea being cold was a side effect. Fascinating.
Closed Thread