3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Wednesday 9/25/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/287940-ip-daily-chat-wednesday-9-25-2013-a.html)

lisa32989 09-25-2013 05:27 AM

IP Daily Chat Wednesday 9/25/2013

:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Princess Peacock 09-25-2013 06:08 AM

Good morning IP'ers,
After cooking all day yesterday, I am not doing ANYTHING today. I compiled a grocery list last night, and since hubby is off work, he is going shopping for me. We are out of so many things. Since I focus on meals that are IP friendly, I sometimes fail to notice when the rest of the family needs food! LOL! I'm not talking junk food. I'm talking about things like milk, oatmeal and other breakfast items for them to have before school, yogurt and fruit cups for after school snacks, etc.

I'm trying to not step foot outside of my house today unless I absolutely have to. It is supposed to be 90° - where is Fall???

vachinyc 09-25-2013 07:52 AM

Good morning! Happy Wednesday! Hope your plans are made to have a rewarding OP day - consider it a gift to yourself :)

slownsteady 09-25-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vachinyc (Post 4848116)
Good morning! Happy Wednesday! Hope your plans are made to have a rewarding OP day - consider it a gift to yourself :)

I like that attitude! :carrot: This IS a gift to myself. Every day I am filled with the excitement of knowing I will finally reach my long-held and elusive goal as long as I stick with this simple diet.....it will happen! And the further I get into it, the easier and more second-nature it has become. I hope I never lose that feeling. If I do, I know I can rely on this forum and 'those who've gone before me' for helpful advice on how to stick it out. Have a great day everyone! :hug:

IdealProteinNewbie 09-25-2013 08:18 AM

Continuing from yesterday's ridiculous postings...jmanovich you clearly aren't doing IP.

Plain and simple.

You seem to believe small cheats "won't derail you." It's probably more useful for you to post on the low-carb forum because you are not following IP.

Keep it up Deana509!

ETA: I'm beginning to see why IP encourages coaches to "let go" of dieters after they go off-plan 2 times. It sounds harsh but for the good coaches out there (yes, they are few and far between) it is disrespectful of their time and effort to try to "coach" people who aren't committed. They are taking up someone else's time slot that is actually willing to commit to the plan.

trishthayer 09-25-2013 08:51 AM

Jmanovich...that was out if line yesterday. Lisa is the reason our threads continue daily and our little train keeps chugging. There are other forums, on this site, with very little daily action, NOT IP and that has a lot to do with Lisa. Others are very vocal too but she is quick to help answer questions and run the fall contest, etc. If we don't like what others have said I think it is unfair to say something personal. This NEEDS to be a positive place loosing weight is so hard and negative enough we all need a soft place to fall. Sometimes we are to quick to sound harsh, but I do think alot of that has to do with the typed word. Okay my rant is over!!!! Great OP day everyone!

lisa32989 09-25-2013 09:04 AM

MntRose: welcome back!
You have been missed

We should share some info re:cholesterol via PM. I've learned much & the biggest one is that high cholesterol isn't a predictor of heart disease. We've all been duped! Nobody in my family is on any cholesterol lowering meds anymore.

It is chronic inflammation that is now recognized as the biggest predictor of heart disease (The test is C-reactive protein). I wish the mainstream medical establishment would get the memo!

Guess what?? Low carb lowers inflammation :)

Of course, a combo of problems raises the risk. There is a fabulous cardiologist who rarely uses statins or surgery anymore. Now that he's learned more, he treats with healthy lifestyles. THIS is my kind of doctor (I hope I never need him!)

nolasmurf 09-25-2013 09:04 AM

Here's my opinion on the jmanovich issue. It seems likes she's spoiling for a fight. Yes sometimes Lisa AND others responds seem harsh but they didn't get to these huge losses by slacking they know the program, so they are a great source of info. Tone is damn hard to convey in written form. Read what ppl have to say with a grain of salt. If you don't have your big girl panties on today don't read the forum. And lastly don't feed the trolls!

Zictory75 09-25-2013 09:15 AM

Good morning everyone! I am new to the forum, and hoping I van join these daily chats! I have been doing IP for about 4 weeks. I have lost about 15 lbs. I put my stats below.

My husband and I are doing this together. We have been super committed. But he has lost almost twic the weight in the same time, which is frustrating. But my coach, who is great for the most part, is really supportive reminds me that men and women lose weight very differently.

My other problem, is that I don't care for a lot of the foods, not a huge fan of Splenda. Has anyone had any luck substituting some sort of real food for say the evening snack? But in the end I do not wan to jeapordize anything, so I will suck it up.

I have been loving feeling good! And so enjoying cooking dinner again.

Oh and I am a working mama of two boys, 3 and 5. :)

So nice to meet fellow travelers. :)

shrinkingsusie 09-25-2013 09:16 AM

Good morning, IPers!

I have been freezing cold lately, especially at night and unable to get warm (it doesn't help that my husband and dogs are gone for the week so I have no one to put my cold feet on :p ). I had to sleep with socks on last night, which I HATE! But it seemed to work and I got a better nights sleep. I have also been having a lot of nightmares lately. I can see someone coming down the hall to get me and I can't move or scream or anything. Weird!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4848187)
Tone is damn hard to convey in written form.

Very true!

ohjuly7878 09-25-2013 09:17 AM

Good morning all, and wishing everyone a great day from this newbie :)

Lisa, very interesting what you say about inflammation (vs high cholesterol). I'm on a low dose of zocor (have been on for 10 years) and wondering if it's necessary to continue. I *do* have an elevated C-reactive protein and am just getting over a 2 month bout with a mysterious non-diagnosed inflammatory arthritis "attack". Thanks for your insight.

Tuscany123 09-25-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4848187)
And lastly don't feed the trolls!

This sums it up perfectly, thanks Nola :hug:

I love Deanas posts, she asks the questions I have! I've eaten beef jerky before and thought I was OP.......big oops! But I wonder if I look in my local health food store if there are options that would be OP, more along the lines of homemade dehydrated meat. It would really help when I'm on a road trip with the family and I find I don't like even the healthier options at the restaurants we stop at (hard to keep a 5 yr old, a 9 yr old, an IP dieter and my meat and potatoes hubby happy!!!)

Wishing everyone a fantastic Wednesday and a Happy Fall! :sunny:

Tuscany123 09-25-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4848186)
MntRose: welcome back!
You have been missed

We should share some info re:cholesterol via PM. I've learned much & the biggest one is that high cholesterol isn't a predictor of heart disease. We've all been duped! Nobody in my family is on any cholesterol lowering meds anymore.

It is chronic inflammation that is now recognized as the biggest predictor of heart disease (The test is C-reactive protein). I wish the mainstream medical establishment would get the memo!

Guess what?? Low carb lowers inflammation :)

Of course, a combo of problems raises the risk. There is a fabulous cardiologist who rarely uses statins or surgery anymore. Now that he's learned more, he treats with healthy lifestyles. THIS is my kind of doctor (I hope I never need him!)

I have been reading up on this, very timely. I believe that's why low carb helps with so many things. You get rid of the inflammation and things improve. My aches and pains are gone, I sleep deeper and more soundly, I wake up well rested and best of all, after so many failures with HRT pellets, patches and creams, my libido has returned.

Low carb is not easy, I still have struggles with getting used to this new way of fueling my body, but the benefits are tremendous and lifelong.

Thanks Lisa

amaliaq 09-25-2013 09:36 AM

2nd day Ip

It's my second day. So very excited so nervous. I've been looking to these forums before I even started for support and encouragement. Thank you all for the info and positivity! :DToday is going to be great. I will stick to the plan dammit! (the mantra in my head)

horsecrazy825 09-25-2013 09:36 AM

Hi everyone, I have been reading this most every day and all the posts are super helpful and encouraging. I am in week 6. I have lost 19 lbs so far and my body is definitely changing/getting smaller. My coach told me that about now is the time when the scale may start to slow down but the inches will keep coming off and I will start noticing my body changing even more.

I was wondering what others may have experienced at about this time (understanding we are all a bit different).

Also, I have issues with splenda. I am hypoglycemic which IP does help with, but my dr told me to always stay away from aspartame, sucralose and saccrachlin (not sure how to spell the last one). I always had issues with anything that had those items before too.

I had just started adding WF items this past Friday and didn't realize (duh) that the ones I bought had sucralose in them. I used minimal like a bit of syrup on the vanilla pudding pancakes and some dressing on the salad, then I used them saturday too. By Sat afternoon my scale was up a few lbs and I felt dehydrated and had a huge migraine (I was always sensitive to it before). I had my meeting with my coach on Sat morning and she said about checking the spices I use to make sure they don't have sugar (which they don't) but that got me thinking about the WF items b/c it started right after I started using them, that is when I realized about the sucralose.

My mom is doing the program so I gave them to her since it doesn't bother her.

But I wanted to share this in case anyone else runs into this.

I did IP earlier in the year but had trouble getting started, but at that time I didn't realize I was hypoglycemic (my dr did tests this summer to know for sure etc etc). What I did different this time, was I added alot of egg whites and pickles in the beginning and mixed the peach mango and pineapple banana drinks with 20 ounces of water so I could sip them longer - by doing that it kept me "eating" every two hours and I feel I was able to get "into the IP groove" much easier this time.

So 6 weeks, no cheats, but I was hoping to get some feedback on what others noticed at about this time in the program.

Happy hump day! Wish it was TGIF:)