3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   The Canada Thread - Vol. 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/287900-canada-thread-vol-2-a.html)

IP43 05-21-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michou (Post 5007975)
Canadian here, down to 149 slowly but surely. The beautiful weather we are having is helping the spirit, I do not care much for sun but after all the spring rain and cloud glad it is back.

It is also for me a busy time of the year where I get the chance to do what I love in front of a crowd it beats staring at the wall behind my easel.

I have an artistic soul but a realist's mind. It makes me feel good to think of you painting for the masses :) If you have any pictures of your art, send us a link or put some here. Although I love to paint, and sing, and all kinds of soulful things, my stick man figures would not keep me in the messy bungalow luxury I'm accustomed to ;)

canadjineh 05-21-2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipnDip (Post 5008206)
Hi Liana,

Been a busy day today. Just checking in now. The latest IP video was talking about maintenance and monitoring weight. How daily weigh ins are important and knowing your upper limit so you can redirect quickly. I just think how I used to avoid the scale! Good that you are keeping track and know what to modify.

Weigh in one day late this week. The challenge was to be down 20 pounds for this week and I believe I got there. Just hope the clinic scale agrees.

Yeah, I had the clinic send me the video links for P4 maintenance again, just a little reminder... so it's kind of nice to re-watch them and keep on track. Hope the scale goes your way tomorrow! :goodscale

I'm adding a splash (2 capfuls) of ACV to my 750ml water bottle 2x/day just for a change from lime & lemon juice. I get bored and plain water is OK but also not very exciting. Sometimes I put a tiny pinch of Mio in my water bottle just to jazz it up a bit. Someone else thinks it works for weight loss (the ACV)... I don't know about that but I definitely had a GOOD CLEANOUT this morning. If anyone has trouble with the big C, give it a try, lol.

Liana

ChipnDip 05-22-2014 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadjineh (Post 5008220)
Yeah, I had the clinic send me the video links for P4 maintenance again, just a little reminder... so it's kind of nice to re-watch them and keep on track. Hope the scale goes your way tomorrow! :goodscale

I'm adding a splash (2 capfuls) of ACV to my 750ml water bottle 2x/day just for a change from lime & lemon juice. I get bored and plain water is OK but also not very exciting. Sometimes I put a tiny pinch of Mio in my water bottle just to jazz it up a bit. Someone else thinks it works for weight loss (the ACV)... I don't know about that but I definitely had a GOOD CLEANOUT this morning. If anyone has trouble with the big C, give it a try, lol.

Liana

I met someone who won't put ACV on her salad because she used to do the ACV diet. I believe you had to drink it like a shot every night. I only started using it with IP since I couldn't have balsamic anymore. Don't think I could drink it in my water tho.

Although a wonderful 3.5 pounds down at my my WI this evening, I still hoped to see the 198 I got at home this morning. Amazing the fluctuations from morning to night! I have to skip next week so will for sure see official onederland next time. Lots of people starting to comment on my losses. I used to avoid mirrors and now I'm always checking. I don't think I have been this size in 8 years.

canadjineh 05-22-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipnDip (Post 5008798)
a wonderful 3.5 pounds down at my WI this evening. Lots of people starting to comment on my losses. I used to avoid mirrors and now I'm always checking. I don't think I have been this size in 8 years.

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Yaaay, you, ChipnDip!! Good goin, Onederland is RIGHT THERE!
btw, the ACV kind of tastes like real fresh pressed apple juice (not the clear stuff you buy in the box at Safeway, lol) with the tartness of lemon. But then, I've always been drawn to the sour & bitter flavours myself.
I don't think I could make it very strong, 2 caps in 750 ml is definitely enough.
Liana

Vivig 05-22-2014 09:50 PM

May I know where we obtain the videos from?
Thank You

canadjineh 05-22-2014 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivig (Post 5008806)
May I know where we obtain the videos from?
Thank You

You must be working your program with an IP Clinic and they can set you up with a link to the videos that is sent daily to your email (very informative & interesting) and there are quite a few recipes and you can ask via in-house email whatever you want about the video, the program, etc. and the head honchos at IP will post a reply. It usually takes a few days because the forum is moderated and they wait a bit to officially post on the site. If you are paying for the IP program, this should be available to you. Talk to your coach.

Liana

Michou 05-23-2014 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 5008213)
I have an artistic soul but a realist's mind. It makes me feel good to think of you painting for the masses :) If you have any pictures of your art, send us a link or put some here. Although I love to paint, and sing, and all kinds of soulful things, my stick man figures would not keep me in the messy bungalow luxury I'm accustomed to ;)

here us my website. www.michellethibault.com

sometime stick figures can be lovele :)

Vivig 05-23-2014 07:38 PM

Thank you Liana!

IP43 05-23-2014 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michou (Post 5008943)
here us my website. www.michellethibault.com

sometime stick figures can be lovele :)

amazing portfolio! Thank you for posting your link. I thoroughly enjoyed your video and looking at your paintings. My french is comparable to my art so I'll leave it brief: Incroyable mon amie! Fantastique

Sheriously 05-24-2014 11:33 AM

Hi all....so I start into Phase 3 tomorrow...I am scared and I HATE NUMBERS. Also I get confused because mostly everything you find for breakfast ideas is American, and I would just like something SIMPLE and easy to find in my Canadian grocery store. HELP!!!

Anyhow, I've got to phase off for June and then I'll considering getting back into Phase 1 to lose the rest. I feel good about my choice though...way too much going on in June.

IP43 05-24-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheriously (Post 5009685)
Hi all....so I start into Phase 3 tomorrow...I am scared and I HATE NUMBERS. Also I get confused because mostly everything you find for breakfast ideas is American, and I would just like something SIMPLE and easy to find in my Canadian grocery store. HELP!!!

Anyhow, I've got to phase off for June and then I'll considering getting back into Phase 1 to lose the rest. I feel good about my choice though...way too much going on in June.

Good for you for phasing off properly! Let us know what you find for some food options. I'm not into the phase 3 mentality so I'm not even sure what help to offer

canadjineh 05-24-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheriously (Post 5009685)

Hi Sheriously: Here's some of my P3 Alt breakfasts from my old diary.

1 - 1 pc Gluten Free toast, 1.5 oz of extra old gouda, 2 eggs scrambled 1/2 an apple, 2 c black coffee

2 - 3/4c Mesa Sunrise GF flakes (cereal), 3/4 c unswt Vanilla Almond milk, 1/2 c mixed berries, 1 tbsp. peanut butter, 2c black coffee

3 - 1c plain 2% yogourt, 1/2 banana, LOTS of cinnamon & touch of stevia, 1 pc GF toast, 1 tbsp. peanut butter, 2 c black coffee

Hope this helps - even though it's Alternate IP Plan. I use only one piece of gluten free toast since it is much higher in starch carbs than regular wheat breads.

Liana

Added info ideas from online IP phase3 sheet:
Sample Menus
1) 1/2 grapefruit, 2 eggs any style, 3 pieces of bacon, 2 slices stone-ground wheat toast, butter, coffee or tea.
2) 1 cup of mixed melon (cantaloupe/honeydew), 2 (4”) Quaker Oatmeal pancakes with pecan halves (you could Google this to get Nutrition Facts and just sub something similar in Canada), 1 small smoked pork chop (fat trimmed off), IP Maple syrup, 8 oz of 1% milk, coffee or tea.
3) 1 cup of blueberries, 2 eggs any style, 1 serving of Quaker Brand 5 minute Grits (this is cornmeal for us Canadians), 3 pieces of bacon, 8 oz 1% skim
milk, coffee or tea.
4) 1 cup of cantaloupe, 2 egg + 3 egg white omelet, 1 (3 oz) piece of smoked sausage, 2 tablespoons of “sauce
Picante”, 2 pieces of stone-ground whole wheat toast, butter, 4 oz of 1% milk, coffee or tea.
5) 1 cup of mixed berries, 8 oz plain low-fat yogurt, 1/3 cup whole grain cereal, 1 piece “Carb Balance” toast (not sure if you can find this in Canada, but because you are also eating cereal they have only 1 pc of lo carb toast here), 1
tablespoon of almond butter, coffee or tea.

IP43 05-24-2014 11:17 PM

Mmmm.... now I'm looking forward to P3 -- that all sounds delish and very do-able!

Sheriously 05-25-2014 03:21 PM

FANTASTIC!!!! thank you so so much!!! :carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadjineh (Post 5009740)
Hi Sheriously: Here's some of my P3 Alt breakfasts from my old diary.

1 - 1 pc Gluten Free toast, 1.5 oz of extra old gouda, 2 eggs scrambled 1/2 an apple, 2 c black coffee

2 - 3/4c Mesa Sunrise GF flakes (cereal), 3/4 c unswt Vanilla Almond milk, 1/2 c mixed berries, 1 tbsp. peanut butter, 2c black coffee

3 - 1c plain 2% yogourt, 1/2 banana, LOTS of cinnamon & touch of stevia, 1 pc GF toast, 1 tbsp. peanut butter, 2 c black coffee

Hope this helps - even though it's Alternate IP Plan. I use only one piece of gluten free toast since it is much higher in starch carbs than regular wheat breads.

Liana

Added info ideas from online IP phase3 sheet:
Sample Menus
1) 1/2 grapefruit, 2 eggs any style, 3 pieces of bacon, 2 slices stone-ground wheat toast, butter, coffee or tea.
2) 1 cup of mixed melon (cantaloupe/honeydew), 2 (4”) Quaker Oatmeal pancakes with pecan halves (you could Google this to get Nutrition Facts and just sub something similar in Canada), 1 small smoked pork chop (fat trimmed off), IP Maple syrup, 8 oz of 1% milk, coffee or tea.
3) 1 cup of blueberries, 2 eggs any style, 1 serving of Quaker Brand 5 minute Grits (this is cornmeal for us Canadians), 3 pieces of bacon, 8 oz 1% skim
milk, coffee or tea.
4) 1 cup of cantaloupe, 2 egg + 3 egg white omelet, 1 (3 oz) piece of smoked sausage, 2 tablespoons of “sauce
Picante”, 2 pieces of stone-ground whole wheat toast, butter, 4 oz of 1% milk, coffee or tea.
5) 1 cup of mixed berries, 8 oz plain low-fat yogurt, 1/3 cup whole grain cereal, 1 piece “Carb Balance” toast (not sure if you can find this in Canada, but because you are also eating cereal they have only 1 pc of lo carb toast here), 1
tablespoon of almond butter, coffee or tea.

canadjineh 05-28-2014 07:47 PM

Wednesday weigh in??

Hi ChipNDip: I was at 132 this morning, so right on track (even after over 200g carbs the other 'Funday', lol). Not sure if we are continuing the 'challenge' but fwiw, maybe someone will get inspiration by my level maintenance weight. :D Hope it's going as well for you...

Liana

Post script: Hubby pulled a 5 gallon (approx.) bucket of rhubarb stalks, so I guess I've got a project ;)