3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   The Canada Thread - Vol. 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/287900-canada-thread-vol-2-a.html)

Arwa4u 04-27-2014 03:33 PM

Hey all,

New IPer from Toronto! Great to see you all here :)

canadjineh 04-28-2014 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arwa4u (Post 4992925)
Hey all,

New IPer from Toronto! Great to see you all here :)

:wave::welcome2::wave: Glad you could join us, Arwa4u!

Liana

Deepblue 04-28-2014 09:54 PM

Alternative products in Canada

Hi Canadian ipeeps! I started last week and have gone down 4.4 pounds. I am really happy although I know it won't be like this every week.
Anyways, what I am not very happy about is the price of my packets (29,50$) and I use to buy five because I don't want to get bored. The coach is great and she gives me good advice and takes her time (almost 1 hour) every time I go. But still the price is very high and I am already looking for alternatives. Searching in the alternatives thread I have found many American stores but only one online canadian store and it's products are not very iP adequate, they are more for Atkins.
I already bought the premier protein shakes from cotsco (18 for 28 dollars) I am concerned with the amount of protein though....but I am wondering if there is any other store where you purchase too.

Thanks everyone

canadjineh 04-28-2014 10:44 PM

Hi Deepblue: I bought Vega protein smoothie powder in Tropical Tango (it's vegan and very low in carb & fat but high in protein. I mixed it with water for my snacks and morning breakfast) I also bought Garden of Life Raw Protein smoothie powder in Cacao Kiss (also vegan) and mixed it with water for a high protein and low carb/fat breakfast or snack. You will probably be able to get those at your local health food store, although the Vega was also at my Shopper's Drug Mart, Pharmasave, and Save On Foods. For my lunch I did an actual IP packet of Broccoli Cheddar soup or the omelettes because I have to be gluten free and most of their packets were NOT allowed for me. I wanted something that reminded me of savory foods at lunchtime.

It helped cut costs a lot! (and I think they taste pretty good)

Vega = 90 cal, 3 net carbs (4-1), 0 g fat, 15 g protein 10% calcium, 20% iron
Garden of Life Raw Protein = 90 cal, 1 net carb (5-4), 1 g fat, 18 g protein, 6% calcium, 40% iron
There's also a thread to trade IP packets or get info on where to get alternatives for Canadians - I just don't remember what it's called but it's on the frequent commented lists of IP Protein threads.
Liana

Deepblue 04-28-2014 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadjineh (Post 4993863)
Hi Deepblue: I bought Vega protein smoothie powder in Tropical Tango (it's vegan and very low in carb & fat but high in protein. I mixed it with water for my snacks and morning breakfast) I also bought Garden of Life Raw Protein smoothie powder in Cacao Kiss (also vegan) and mixed it with water for a high protein and low carb/fat breakfast or snack. You will probably be able to get those at your local health food store, although the Vega was also at my Shopper's Drug Mart, Pharmasave, and Save On Foods. For my lunch I did an actual IP packet of Broccoli Cheddar soup or the omelettes because I have to be gluten free and most of their packets were NOT allowed for me. I wanted something that reminded me of savory foods at lunchtime.

It helped cut costs a lot! (and I think they taste pretty good)

Vega = 90 cal, 3 net carbs (4-1), 0 g fat, 15 g protein 10% calcium, 20% iron
Garden of Life Raw Protein = 90 cal, 1 net carb (5-4), 1 g fat, 18 g protein, 6% calcium, 40% iron
There's also a thread to trade IP packets or get info on where to get alternatives for Canadians - I just don't remember what it's called but it's on the frequent commented lists of IP Protein threads.
Liana

Thank you very much Liana for the detailed information. Just the other day bought an individual packet of vega vanilla drink, but I still haven't tried it yet. It is inspirational to see that you have achieved your goal and kept it off. I guess having these alternatives also give us a broader choice in the long run. I will keep searching the other threads but this is a lot already!
Again, thank you so much!

ChipnDip 04-29-2014 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deepblue (Post 4993842)
Hi Canadian ipeeps! I started last week and have gone down 4.4 pounds. I am really happy although I know it won't be like this every week.
Anyways, what I am not very happy about is the price of my packets (29,50$) and I use to buy five because I don't want to get bored. The coach is great and she gives me good advice and takes her time (almost 1 hour) every time I go. But still the price is very high and I am already looking for alternatives. Searching in the alternatives thread I have found many American stores but only one online canadian store and it's products are not very iP adequate, they are more for Atkins.
I already bought the premier protein shakes from cotsco (18 for 28 dollars) I am concerned with the amount of protein though....but I am wondering if there is any other store where you purchase too.

Thanks everyone

Walmart has pure protein RTD. And the pure protein bars if you didn't find them at costco. The low carb grocery website delivers for free over 100. They have quest bars and EAS carb advantage RTD.

Arwa4u 04-29-2014 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadjineh (Post 4993158)
:wave::welcome2::wave: Glad you could join us, Arwa4u!

Liana

Thank You!

Wow you look great...I hope to be as successful as you soon. This is great inspiration for me.

IP43 04-29-2014 07:34 PM

There is a Low-Carb grocery store in Markham Ontario. Has anyone ever been to it? Just curious if it's worth a drive, or if I'm better off ordering things online and paying a few bucks for shipping

ChipnDip 04-29-2014 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 4994548)
There is a Low-Carb grocery store in Markham Ontario. Has anyone ever been to it? Just curious if it's worth a drive, or if I'm better off ordering things online and paying a few bucks for shipping

I've gone to their express store in mississauga although everything was just mixed in. It was a health food store. I have always just ordered. With the price of gas it is probably cheaper. My last order I spent $100 and it was free.

Deepblue 04-29-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipnDip (Post 4993975)
Walmart has pure protein RTD. And the pure protein bars if you didn't find them at costco. The low carb grocery website delivers for free over 100. They have quest bars and EAS carb advantage RTD.

Thanks ! I'll take a look!:smug:

Danni1 04-29-2014 08:42 PM

Has anyone ever ordered from Ideal Weight Away (www.youcandietforless.com). I am interested to see if there are any issues with duty and customs.

Proudmama2maet 04-29-2014 10:59 PM

IP43, I went to the low carb grocery store in BC and I would agree with chipndip to save your gas and order online. If the Missisauga store is anything like their one here in BC, it's just a small store with a large space dedicated to packaging and shipping. It would be just as easy to peruse the selection online. :)

IP43 04-30-2014 12:12 AM

Thanks for responses re: Low Carb grocery store. I had bought some stuff on line earlier and I don't remember where I got what -- that was dumb! I had an awesome pizza crust kit that I really liked. Guess online I go :)

Danni1 04-30-2014 12:17 AM

What does everyone order from the low carb grocery? I was looking at the site earlier today but any suggestions would be appreciated.

ChipnDip 04-30-2014 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 4994709)
Thanks for responses re: Low Carb grocery store. I had bought some stuff on line earlier and I don't remember where I got what -- that was dumb! I had an awesome pizza crust kit that I really liked. Guess online I go :)

They still had my order from four years ago when I logged in!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danni1 (Post 4994711)
What does everyone order from the low carb grocery? I was looking at the site earlier today but any suggestions would be appreciated.

I tried 4 different EAS carbadvantage RTD flavours, a box of Quest bars, a couple single ones to try, hope mills pancake mix, syntrax powder.

They have WF products too. It tells you the weight of your cart so you stay within the free shipping. If you want to try the miracle noodles they have them although I see them at the grocery store now.